DEFCON Mafia 2.0 - Over, American Victory!

Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:51 pm

Post by Jack »

Fate wrote:
bobsnox wrote:i has radar lol
FITS WITH SCUM KNOWING INHIM'S ROLE AND NUKING AS SUCH AND SOCIO+BOBS+KATSUKI TEAM?

YESYEYSYEYSEYES
YAUSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Leak 19
trad maoer iderk mater qruer
radar

lol.

but socio can't be on their team.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:51 pm

Post by Fate »

I CANT WAIT TO HEAR YOUR RESULTS BOBS.

BWHHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

WHY CANT SOCIO BE ON THEIR TEAM??
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:56 pm

Post by Jack »

Fate wrote:I CANT WAIT TO HEAR YOUR RESULTS BOBS.

BWHHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

WHY CANT SOCIO BE ON THEIR TEAM??
tai chi is bobs who asked who to vote, and who asked kats to stop bussing him. That leaves rogue who targetted you. The comments fit only with dana.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:58 pm

Post by Fate »

hmmmmmm.....

maybe Katsuki could indeed mimic me..

Need time to think.

For now, Starcraft >_>
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:59 pm

Post by Mina »

EBWOP: I mean, "shed light on the votecount
leak
."
I wanted you to nuke Dizzy. Had you done that, it would have made you look less like confscum in my eyes
*twitch*

I will try to stay polite right now.

To be brutally honest, I really couldn't care less about you want. You haven't done anything this game to convince me that I should throw aside either my own judgment or that of other players in order to sheep you. I second-guess myself a lot, and my reads tend to be very hit-or-miss (part of why I decided to go for a group suspect), but I still trust them more than I trust yours. Jack, Fate, SpyreX, and other players all wanted me to nuke bobsnox. Does that mean I'd be "confscum" to them had I nuked Dizzy instead?

...I had another sentence here, but I decided to delete it because it was needlessly bitchy.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:00 pm

Post by danakillsu »

We can discuss who to nuke later. Right now we need to focus on what mislynch we should get, because Fate's wagon might actually be viable and then we can save Rogue's role for someone else.

Tai Chi, go for the dana one. Rogue join me on the Fate wagon. I think we can make a lot of flips happen if Rogue ever gets lynched connection wise, but lets try to steer far away from his lynch right now.
Sorry, Jack, but this makes no sense if I'm "Rogue". Not only am I already mentioned in this post by name, but they specifically say they want to save Rogue's role for someone OTHER than Fate, who was the ONE PERSON I TARGETED. Nice try, though. You had me worried that the scumteam had pulled off an elaborate frame on me.

I'm glad people have come to more of a consensus. As I already said, I agree that bob is scum, and am happy about the incoming nuke on him. When he flips, I may very well have more important things to say.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:01 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

bobsnox is not a threat.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:02 pm

Post by danakillsu »

chesskid3 wrote:bobsnox is not a threat.
You pretty much always kill confirmed scum. They have a vote, and their flip will show players who do not believe that they are scum their alignment.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:06 pm

Post by Jack »

danakillsu wrote:
We can discuss who to nuke later. Right now we need to focus on what mislynch we should get, because Fate's wagon might actually be viable and then we can save Rogue's role for someone else.

Tai Chi, go for the dana one. Rogue join me on the Fate wagon. I think we can make a lot of flips happen if Rogue ever gets lynched connection wise, but lets try to steer far away from his lynch right now.
Sorry, Jack, but this makes no sense if I'm "Rogue". Not only am I already mentioned in this post by name, but they specifically say they want to save Rogue's role for someone OTHER than Fate, who was the ONE PERSON I TARGETED. Nice try, though. You had me worried that the scumteam had pulled off an elaborate frame on me.
Sure it does. They were going to HAVE to use rogue's power on fate if he lived (which does NOT work for anything but carrier) and since he wasn't lynched they did have to use it.

What's your point about being mentioned by name? The wagon was on you, why not say "go for the dana wagon" even though you were the scumbuddy?
I'm glad people have come to more of a consensus. As I already said, I agree that bob is scum, and am happy about the incoming nuke on him. When he flips, I may very well have more important things to say.
You pretty much always kill confirmed scum. They have a vote, and their flip will show players who do not believe that they are scum their alignment.
Then why do you have to wait for the flip to say these more important things?
bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:21 pm

Post by bobsnox »

:they bought it:
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:00 pm

Post by Mina »

Aargh. It's 3 AM, and I can barely keep my eyes open right now.

I'm so tempted to crawl into bed and leave actually contributing for tomorrow, but just in case I pass out before finishing/organizing my analysis, but quick comment on something:
Jack wrote:8 seems to be a direct reply to 7.

dana is the aicraft carrier and targetted fate, rogue targetted "e" which is fate. fate needed to be blocked because he was going to nuke dana. so they wanted to lynch fate instead to save the roleblock. There's no similar kind of "need" for doctor on fate who isn't even on the team! And if he was, lynching him wouldn't help.

a dana lynch would lead to lots of connections. an inhim wouldn't.

There's only 2 unclaimed PR's and there were heavy hints given.
Whatever else negative you might say about him, he clearly isn't Rogue (and I'll have more to say about danakillsu when I finish my post). Are you forgetting this part:
As for our actions tonight.

Tai Chi-Target i or v or V with yours. It would be very helpful.

Rogue-Target e with your action. Targeting anyone else either outs you as scum or is needlessly pro-town for no reason.
You can say e is playing to his townmeta so you figured he was the easiest town read during your skim.
How does this make any sense for dana targeting
Fate
(who he claimed to think was scum)? He wanted to
roleblock
someone playing to his town meta?

I've been thinking it over, and I can't see a way that Rogue refers to anyone but inHimshallibe. Look at the options:

-Espionage: something you don't use on someone you have a town read on; also, there's no such thing as a "needlessly protown" investigation
-Radar: sure, bobsnox has essentially claimed scum at this point, but again, not a role that you'd use on a town read or that could net you a "needlessly protown" investigation
-Submarine: dead, confirmed town
-Fighters: dead, confirmed town

So I think it's a safe assumption to make that, at the very least, all posts referring to Rogue/Tai Chi are from the Russians. I'll do the Rogue = Chinese scenario afterward just to keep an open mind, but it seems unlikely.

bobsnox's flip will probably tell us more about how to analyze the leaks, though.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:19 am

Post by AurorusVox »

All this codecracking is getting my juices flowing. So Jack vs Mina has made it pretty clear. The two Rogue-roles are incompatible.

One has them wanting to see Fate gone so they can use it on someone else (which I agree shouts ACC).
The other has them wanting to use it on Fate due to Town Meta (which I agree shouts Battleship).

Ergo, one of those leaks
has
to be misdirection.

---

Okay. Thinking about this logically. If there's a code on the name "Fate" in #1, it doesn't make any sense because the ACC
was
used on him. So we can discount that being a code.

"Townmeta" could be code for something else. Actually, it could mean "scum meta" (I think Fate said something earlier about reverse meanings...which could then make DanaRouge with reversings = the battleship didn't target fate for townmeta, but the ACC targetted him for scummeta.)

I think which one is the misdirection will become clear with bob's flip. Assuming that codes are consistent, Rouge isn't on the same side as radar (bobsnox); so if bobsnox is Russian, it's pretty likely Dana was Rogue i.e. #2 was misdirection; and if bobsnox is Chinese, it's pretty likely inhim was Rogue, i.e. #1 was misdirection.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:12 am

Post by danakillsu »

Then why do you have to wait for the flip to say these more important things?
To make sure I'm not dead wrong before wasting my time with connections. I don't actually know which scum bobsnox is, as AV so aptly points out in his post. I think his post is actually a pretty fair way to look at it, so I wouldn't say you were idiotic if you lynched me after a bobsnox Russian flip, despite the fact that I'm not actually Rogue.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:15 am

Post by danakillsu »

What's your point about being mentioned by name? The wagon was on you, why not say "go for the dana wagon" even though you were the scumbuddy?
Because it would really not be a smart move to mention your scumbuddy by name in a post in the QT. Obviously, this is as much WIFOM as any speculation about the leaks would be, but if I were scum, I really wouldn't want to be posting my scumbuddy's username in anything that could be leaked.
bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:52 am

Post by bobsnox »

I don't have radar lol
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:08 am

Post by Faraday »

lol so funny xd (when's that guy dying)
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:12 am

Post by Jack »

early comments:
The comments about saving rogues role for someone else
the comments about a lot of connections if rogue is lynched

Later comments:
The comment about easiest town read during skim does seem to point to inhim. But inhim WAS NOT IN THE GAME. He didn't replace in until day 2, after those comments. So that is misdirection. Later comments are obvious misdirection as well:
So C and U are the two people below Rogue on the playerlist, respectively.

If that is the case, I'm still not understanding him right.

That said I think U should be nuked by Vox tonight
First quote is especially silly because no way would they just reveal who rogue is for no particular reason.

So I trust the early comments which seem to be before they thought of misdirection.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:02 am

Post by danakillsu »

@ Jack
That seems like very shaky ground for trying to get other to lynch me. It assumes you're NOT scum, which not everyone is sure of, because if you were scum, you could have posted that yourself. Then you could have just set up that first part to try to get me lynched in the first place. Certain abilities would have told the scum what role I had and they could have used it to their advantage. In addition, does the fact that inhim hadn't replaced in really change anything? If so, how?
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:09 am

Post by Jack »

danakillsu wrote:@ Jack
That seems like very shaky ground for trying to get other to lynch me. It assumes you're NOT scum, which not everyone is sure of, because if you were scum, you could have posted that yourself. Then you could have just set up that first part to try to get me lynched in the first place. Certain abilities would have told the scum what role I had and they could have used it to their advantage.
Do you think I'm scum?
In addition, does the fact that inhim hadn't replaced in really change anything? If so, how?
The part about "after your skim" implies that it is addressed to someone who has just replaced in. But inhim hadn't replaced in yet. So the conclusion is that this is misdirection.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:19 am

Post by danakillsu »

Jack wrote:
danakillsu wrote:@ Jack
That seems like very shaky ground for trying to get other to lynch me. It assumes you're NOT scum, which not everyone is sure of, because if you were scum, you could have posted that yourself. Then you could have just set up that first part to try to get me lynched in the first place. Certain abilities would have told the scum what role I had and they could have used it to their advantage.
Do you think I'm scum?
In addition, does the fact that inhim hadn't replaced in really change anything? If so, how?
The part about "after your skim" implies that it is addressed to someone who has just replaced in. But inhim hadn't replaced in yet. So the conclusion is that this is misdirection.
1. I don't know. I have a null read on you. But since I wouldn't be voting for myself anyway, that's not the issue.
2. Okay, I see your point that this is misdirection. Does that mean everything later that might point to inhim being Rogue must be misdirection? Secondly, how does that mean that the earlier posts are not misdirection as well?
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:22 am

Post by Jack »

Not everything in the qt is misdirection.

kats flipped scum, and bobs has confessed. So we can judge what parts are misdirection.
bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:15 am

Post by bobsnox »

Jack wrote:Not everything in the qt is misdirection.

kats flipped scum, and bobs has confessed. So we can judge what parts are misdirection.
lol let's quick lynch bob

Vote: Jack
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:24 am

Post by chesskid3 »

bobsnox wrote:
Jack wrote:Not everything in the qt is misdirection.

lol let's quick lynch bob

Vote: Jack
you die on the 9th dude
no need to lynch you
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:35 am

Post by bobsnox »

pretty sure that's what Jack wanted in his QT though
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum