Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4175 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:00 am

Post by Benmage »

I was advocating sea do the kill most of today. AV was countering and yet the ease to which he was happy to lynch seacore baffled me.

Trilo, that looked like it took a while and a lot of work. When did you reach this decision to further review seacore? Today, yesterday? For some time now?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Trilobite
Trilobite
Goon
Trilobite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4176 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:16 am

Post by Trilobite »

Well yesterday (real world time) is when we started to look into it. Zach was bothered by the non flip of El G and started looking back. He came to me with the idea that Seacore could be scum because why would El G be warded and no other bodies.

I then remembered the whole botched grave plan and started to look back and saw Seacore was slap bang in the middle of all that.

When I made my post yesterday that said we wanted Seacore to kill was when I started up my reading of day two. I spent the rest of the night and this morning reading and making up that case with input from Zach all the way.

~Sotty
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #4177 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:42 am

Post by Andrius »

Trilo, much respect for the wall o' info. Won't say you're obvtown just because of that (seen bigger walls from scumbags; <3 Parama)

But I support either course of action; should I still Rez Seacore tonight? :?
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4178 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:47 am

Post by Benmage »

Rezzers will rez the person killing them.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #4179 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:47 am

Post by Andrius »

How would that work with VPB getting killed by TNM?
Or are we dead-set on lynching TNM here and now?
If, so (and IIRC) why aren't you voting him?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4180 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:57 am

Post by Benmage »

I am voting him and he is dying.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #4181 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:00 am

Post by Andrius »

Oh ok then.
Then Seacore murders. Perfect.
AV, WE WILL MEET AGAIN IN THE NETHERWORLD.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4182 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:45 am

Post by xvart »

Some questions:
N2 - Did furpants have any equipment?
N2 - Did Trilobyte have Solist?

I like where Trilo is going with this, but it might be more interesting if we start looking at who had Solist and when, because as I started planning out my Murderer path I foresaw a need to manipulate the grave rob plan. Something I never said after I realized it (because I didn't want to throw away my Murderer plans and make them public) was that someone could get away with no robbing if they knew the other person had Solist because people with Solist don't get equipment from Grave Robbing, so that check and balance is moot with Solist in play on a town Grave Robber. Cult could easily not Grave Rob and not be busted for not Grave Robbing if the town person also robbing has Solist.
Benmage, 4171 wrote:Why did spyrex scum and seacore scum not want an easy dust?
I've always thought that corpse dust was a little overrated. I clearly don't know all the mechanics about how it works, but is it a use and lose it no matter what, or you only lose it if necessary (to override a rez the Cult didn't know had happened)?

I'll look into the things above a little more tonight.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4183 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:59 am

Post by Benmage »

I think if you get new gear with solist you lose whatever gear you had. You can still search for new gear with soloist, so I imagine GR gives you new gear. Let me rouble check something.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4184 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:03 am

Post by xvart »

Percy wrote:(xiii)
Solist
- You may only have one piece of
Equipment
at a time. If you
Search
, you lose what you have. You cannot gain
Equipment
from
Rob Grave
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4185 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:08 am

Post by xvart »

But I guess a pertinent question would be:

Mods - if you had the Solist insanity and you robbed a grave (and nobody else robbed it) would you be notified if there was equipment even if you were unable to pick it up?
I only read quote walls.

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4186 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:08 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Wow, I didn't even realize that about solist....kind of wish I had when we were planning all those grave robs :? Bad xvart!

re:Seacore - I'm not necessarily sold on it. Trilo makes some interesting points, but I need to have some time to go back and fact check everything for myself to see if I have the same interpretations. I'm mostly bothered by the Ritual business though. Unless Nico and Seacore are scumbuddies, it seems a little far fetched.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4187 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:19 am

Post by xvart »

VP Baltar wrote:Wow, I didn't even realize that about solist....kind of wish I had when we were planning all those grave robs :? Bad xvart!
Yeah, I didn't realize it until the night before last or yesterday. It was one of those tough calls regarding "playing to win condition" since I had the town win condition but was considering a different one. Perhaps Solist needs to be closer to a forbidden insanity (or the last non-forbidden insanity) in future installments.

So anyways, it really will add a lot of credibility to a case against someone if we see any manipulation in terms of who is robbing with a known Cultist. If either Baby Spice or SpyreX was with someone that didn't have Solist and swapped onto someone that did have Solist then I think that will be quite telling.
I only read quote walls.

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4188 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:34 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Yeah, I was just teasing you. If I had considered going murderer and saw something like that, I certainly wouldn't have said anything. But yeah, if the cult saw this way earlier in the game I can see how they definitely could have been manipulating the grave robs. Kind of upsets me if it turns out I got played like that.
YOUR AD HERE

Trilobite
Trilobite
Goon
Trilobite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4189 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:47 am

Post by Trilobite »

VP Baltar wrote:
re:Seacore - I'm not necessarily sold on it. Trilo makes some interesting points, but I need to have some time to go back and fact check everything for myself to see if I have the same interpretations. I'm mostly bothered by the Ritual business though. Unless Nico and Seacore are scumbuddies, it seems a little far fetched.
You seem to be hung up on the ritual thing. I think it's the presumption that cult will attempt ritual 100% of the time. Is it really far fetched that the cult might have gambited in this situation to try to give the town every reason not to lynch Nico today? Consider that we've been trying to engineer multiple stalks and murders in the meantime.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4190 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:51 am

Post by VP Baltar »

idk, I guess I just have a very straight forward mentality when I play as scum. More people dying = better. I'm not saying it's impossible though. If they really wanted to save Nico, particularly after bleeding Spyrex and BS, it would have been a good move. The question is if Nico would be THAT worth saving. Maybe his contributions in the Scum QT have been greater than this thread.
YOUR AD HERE

Trilobite
Trilobite
Goon
Trilobite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4191 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:54 am

Post by Trilobite »

xvart wrote:Some questions:
1. We didn't gain any equipment from robbing Furpants.

2. We don't have solist.
Trilobite
Trilobite
Goon
Trilobite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4192 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:58 am

Post by Trilobite »

VP Baltar wrote:idk, I guess I just have a very straight forward mentality when I play as scum. More people dying = better. I'm not saying it's impossible though. If they really wanted to save Nico, particularly after bleeding Spyrex and BS, it would have been a good move. The question is if Nico would be THAT worth saving. Maybe his contributions in the Scum QT have been greater than this thread.
I think it's pretty easy to deflect a lynch off of a chronic lurker if you can come up with a good reason to do so. People have a tendency to want to lynch someone who's talked themselves into a hole far more than someone who's not talking. (Case in point, Baby Spice.) For that reason, I can see value in trying to get hypocult Nico deeper into the game.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4193 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:59 am

Post by Benmage »

The simple answer is usually the correct answer.

How would cult know nico was being communed? His reasoning for suspicion is only due to him lurking, something easily reversible. He asked the town if it was in the towns best interest for him to replace out. If I was scum and a scum buddy was barely able to keep up and going to be lynched on that basis alone I'd tell them to replace out.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4194 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:01 am

Post by Benmage »

Plays seacore is bloody....so how big is this conspiracy theory gonna be?
Trilobite
Trilobite
Goon
Trilobite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4195 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:03 am

Post by Trilobite »

Benmage wrote:The simple answer is usually the correct answer.

How would cult know nico was being communed? His reasoning for suspicion is only due to him lurking, something easily reversible. He asked the town if it was in the towns best interest for him to replace out. If I was scum and a scum buddy was barely able to keep up and going to be lynched on that basis alone I'd tell them to replace out.
How does that factor into it? Nico was communed and found with more insanities than expected, and explained it by saying he was passed a fetish. Frankly, Nico's pretty much the winner of the fucking lottery for all that to have actually happened.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4196 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:07 am

Post by xvart »

Trilobite, 4191 wrote:
xvart wrote:Some questions:
1. We didn't gain any equipment from robbing Furpants.

2. We don't have solist.
Unless he crumbed it Furpants did not say his N0 and N1 actions, so we don't know if he had equipment. Presumably he did since he didn't ward N0 or N1 so he must have done something unless the equipment he used expired when he used it. Regardless, I think SpyreX would have had to actually rob that grave because Furpants did not have Solist either.
I only read quote walls.

Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #4197 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:13 am

Post by Andrius »

Interesting find, xvart.
Trilobite
Trilobite
Goon
Trilobite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4198 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:14 am

Post by Trilobite »

It was believed that Spy was rezzed by Furpants the night he died because no one else claimed that rezz. That would mean his kit would have broken and he wouldn't have anything. But yeah more speculation invoving a confirmed cult so who knows.

The truth of the matter is we have laid out a pretty good scum narrative for Seacore. This game allows us to actually confirm him if he follows his AV stalk though. I understand this game is complex in it's nature, but I'm a scum hunter. If someone's actions don't add up they need pressure. I get that we have to work together as a town to try and mange the game as best as we can, but sometimes all the set up speculation takes away from the actual art of hunting scum.

If he kills AV over night then I'll happily turn attention elsewhere, but to constantly find excuses as to why a scummy player can't be scum isn't something I will swallow.

Maybe I am just extra grouchy now I found out that VP was TNM stalk target. He is my only rock solid, I'll-throw-myself-off-a-cliff-if-he-is-cult, town read. :(

~Sotty
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4199 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:22 am

Post by xvart »

Trilobite wrote:It was believed that Spy was rezzed by Furpants the night he died because no one else claimed that rezz. That would mean his kit would have broken and he wouldn't have anything. But yeah more speculation invoving a confirmed cult so who knows.
I think the thinking was that SpyreX was rezzed by a Cult buddy and not Furpants; at least that is what I was thinking, so Furpants rez kit most likely was not used on SpyreX and would have been there to be found during the rob. Either way, Cult would not have known if he was going to rez the person they were going to kill (or successfully use whatever equipment he had) and couldn't risk Trilo getting any possible equipment during the grave rob.
I only read quote walls.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”