DEFCON Mafia 2.0 - Over, American Victory!

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2450 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:42 am

Post by SpyreX »

I could see:

1.) Mina nukes Jack
2.) Faraday nukes mina.
3.) Slappywags nukes Faraday

4.) We lynch you.

Maybe
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2451 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:50 am

Post by AurorusVox »

That would make my heart got pita-pat and explode in joy...except for (4)

My problem with (4) is that if you're going to lynch me, why not save it for tomorrow AFTER I have another chance at investigating scum successfully?
As I have outlined, with me alive, town can't lose at 3p LYLO. They just can't. If you think I'm scum, I can't win at lylo anyway. So you have no reason to kill me off this early.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2452 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:51 am

Post by SpyreX »

SORRY I wasn't clear enough.

Regardless of the plan phase 1 alpha is mina nuking someone

We can talk about your life and its living or lack thereof once one more damn scum flips.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #2453 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:52 am

Post by Mina »

...Fair enough. I won't deny that I get sidetracked and procrastinate a lot (although it's a bad habit of mine as either alignment). But there's no need to be a jerk about it. My comment was tongue-in-cheek.

SpyreX, I trust Jack more than I trust you (and certainly more than I trust AurorusVox). If AV flips Chinese, that might change. But there is no way in hell that I want a final four of you, SharkFinn, chesskid, and AurorusVox.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2454 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:54 am

Post by SpyreX »

THEN NUKE ME.

NUKE SOMEONE GOD IN HEAVEN

AND I AM NOT BEING A JERK ABOUT IT. THE SIMPLE FACT IS YOU HAVE AS MANY WORDS ADDRESSING WORDS FORTHCOMING AS ACTUAL WORDS.

AND EVERYONE IS LIKE OHH THATS AWESOME

MUCH LIKE FATE

FANCY THAT
Show

Proud member of BaM
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #2455 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:24 pm

Post by Mina »

Why do you keep asking me to nuke you with one breath, but proposing a plan involving your AND AurorusVox's survival with the other? It calls your willingness to self-sacrifice into question.

It worries me that you're giving serious weight to AV's last words when he's obviously flailing to stay alive. Do you not find it a dead giveaway that he suddenly wants Jack nuked even though he earlier called him town? He isn't even scumhunting anymore; he's just flailing to stay alive and forestall his nuke by any means necessary. There's no way he'd behave like this as town. Also, you suggested a plan nuking the three players who'd be most cleared by an AV Russian flip, even though you think AV is Russian?

But I'm sorry. Maybe I am just stalling. Once I fire a nuke, it's unretractable. (At the very least, retracting it wastes a vig kill for nothing.) I freeze up in indecision. I don't know what Baby Spice's choices were, but had it been up to me, silo would not have been on my list.

Again, the next person nuked today will be AurorusVox. If we decide that I should be the one to fire, then I will fire it. Knowing my alignment, I know that it's suboptimal for the town for me to fire, but as long as all the people who need to be lynched/nuked die (and that includes you), it doesn't really matter.

I don't get why you're so desperate for me to fire. Even if I'm scum, my nuke obviously isn't in defensive mode. Didn't you notice that Fate was also trying to goad me into firing at you before?
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2456 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:33 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

Mina, I'm trying to stay alive because otherwise this town can easily lose. If I was better off dead I wouldn't mind getting nuked but at the moment that's not the case.

Also, earlier I stated that I thought Jack could be Fate's buddy. SpyreX's analysis of the voting leak makes both Jack-China and Faraday-China more likely too. Jack is a great nuke target, especially considering CONFIRMED SOVIET SCUM retracted a nuke on him as well.

Mina, what is your biggest reason for not wanting to nuke SpyreX right now?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2457 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:48 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Ohh humor me. Why is you nuking AV suboptimal.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #2458 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:50 pm

Post by Mina »

AurorusVox, are you saying that I should nuke SpyreX? You don't even seem to suspect him.

Oh my God. I've explained five million times why I don't want to nuke SpyreX right now. It'd be nice if someone came out with reasons for why I should nuke SpyreX instead. Seriously. Someone give me a list of bulletpoints justifying a SpyreX nuke. Give me a list of bulletpoints justifying why
I
should do it.

SpyreX, I notice you haven't responded to any of my points against you. But wasn't that what everyone noticed was off about Fate's plan--that he thought I was the towniest townie ever but still wanted me to use my nuke first? The whole theory is the last person to nuke has the best chance to screw the town over by firing a rogue nuke.
Also, I already know who I want to nuke depending on AV's flip...but whoops, I wasn't supposed to say that out loud
. But like I said,
I don't mind nuking first anyway
, if my not nuking will be a huge distraction to the town. The original plan was for the scummiest player to nuke first, though, so it's a waste.

Seriously. This is getting annoying. Every time I post, you ignore all my arguments and suspicions and look for
one
point that you can score against me. But when Jack called you on it, your only problem with me was "gut paranoia."

Honestly, I was starting to come around to SpyreX being town until he came out with "Why don't we have a final four of me, chesskid, AurorusVox, and SharkFinn?" You know what I think? That he desperately needs someone from the opposing scumteam alive to survive LYLO. Because otherwise, even if he wheedles out of a nuke, he won't escape being lynched by me/chesskid/Jack.

But I'm still not sure. Shark's weird flip-flop on me and Fate bugs me (also, if you think Fate was bussing me, that word does not mean what you think it means). AV fits better as Chinese than as Russian, given his interactions with Fate. So for the last fucking time,
we need a flip on AurorusVox before we make our next move
. Several players will suddenly be a lot harder to nuke if AV flips Russian. Meanwhile, if he flips Chinese, that will make me feel umpteen times better about SpyreX.

(And if AurorusVox flips town, I'm going to laugh until I cry.)
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2459 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:54 pm

Post by SpyreX »

THEN LAUNCH YOUR NUKE ON AV

GOD

YOU ARE NUKING

IT IS YOU

DO IT
Show

Proud member of BaM
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2460 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:54 pm

Post by Jack »

OH GOOD LORD

This is what I get for sleeping on things.

SpyreX, I cracked the letter code right after percy posted the leaks (most of it anyway)

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p2709780

The shift one letter thing doesn't work. We know it was bobs and katsuki in there, and that C was IS, etc.

There's a fair amount of misdirection in there as well so most of the later stuff isn't that useful.

AV's latest posts are hilarious.

Also, theorizing, AV implied he had a guilty on fate, right? And the leaked messages yesterday said that espionage had a guilty on fate, and proposed a deal which was carried out, scum choosing to cooperate instead. And then Fate tried to pin the fact that AV lived on me.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2461 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:54 pm

Post by Jack »

MINA, DON'T LAUNCH

SHARKFINN, NUKE AV
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2462 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:55 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Thats right thats what you get.

I didn't like the ABC code because it fell apart down the road with what we've seen.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2463 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:59 pm

Post by Jack »

SpyreX wrote:Thats right thats what you get.

I didn't like the ABC code because it fell apart down the road with what we've seen.
I don't think it did, we just never figured out the >t letters, especially since we didn't have a reference point. And there is a bunch of later stuff that is obvious misdirection using the letters.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2464 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:13 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

Mina wrote:AurorusVox, are you saying that I should nuke SpyreX? You don't even seem to suspect him.
No I just want to know why you're adamant not to. You'll be needing all the hankies you've got for the crying you'll be doing :\
Jack wrote:Also, theorizing, AV implied he had a guilty on fate, right? And the leaked messages yesterday said that espionage had a guilty on fate, and proposed a deal which was carried out, scum choosing to cooperate instead. And then Fate tried to pin the fact that AV lived on me.
HOW? How did I have a guilty on Fate YESTERDAY? Show me that. Show me how this even makes sense.

Mina you may have been surpassed as Fate's buddy by this fella.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #2465 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:34 pm

Post by Mina »

We're never going to make up our mind at this rate.

SpyreX, again.
Why
aren't you answering my points against you?

One last quick point from my phone. It's my fault for putting off a massive case on Faraday explaining why I wanted him to nuke over SharkFinn, so that ship has probably sailed, but:

Faraday,
what
exactly have you done that rules you out as a Fate buddy, since you brought that up? IIRC, you never had much interaction--and his master plan only working if you're Russian is a major point against you. Am I forgetting something?

See, my problem is that Faraday is more overtly protown than the Kitoari/SharkFinn slot (read: not making any idiotic arguments). But I know that he's a lot more level-headed as scum than town. He's been very passive and go-with-the-flow. For example, when the SX vs. Fate battle was going on, he didn't complain loudly about the stupidity of it (which he did in [REDACTED]). Instead, he ignored it until I called him
on it, and then gave a very safe opinion. When he's innocent, he's a lot more impulsive and hotheaded. I'd have expected him to fire off his nuke the moment the day started.

...Haha, this is actually a Cliff Notes version (minus justifying quotes) of the post I've put off since Saturday. Also, a couple of the leaks sound like him, and I saw several interactions with inHimshallibe that defined wishy-washy.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #2466 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:40 pm

Post by Mina »

Oh, and another thing; he's been very taciturn with his suspects today. With Faraday, that's a bit of a nulltell, but still, he might have been the only person who didn't give his thoughts on whom was most likely Russian/Chinese. He just gave me the impression of someone hanging back and keeping his options open depending on how the crowd swung.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2467 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:43 pm

Post by Jack »

Well, hopefully this happens:

1) sharkfinn nukes AV
2) we wait till AV dies
3) faraday nukes sharkfinn
4) we wait until sharkfinn dies

And the game should be over. If not, you'll still have a nuke.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2468 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:44 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

Mina. If Faraday is Russian like you suspect, then the very foundation of your case against me (Russia having two active powers) is useless. I've noticed that you keep trying to fit me into the Chinese scenario. What's the deal with that? For me to be scum FYPOV I have to be Russian. Or do you admit that those leaks COULD BE misinformation LIKE I'VE BEEN SAYING all along?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2469 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:49 pm

Post by Jack »

AurorusVox wrote: For me to be scum FYPOV I have to be Russian. Or do you admit that those leaks COULD BE misinformation LIKE I'VE BEEN SAYING all along?
AurorusVox wrote:^That had quite a bit of info in it, makes me think its not a misdirection. The only power that makes sense to use on someone who you have a town meta on is Battleship. It'd be a wickedawesome frame if its not legit. But yeah I doubt its misdirection. With this, I think SP's nuke will hit scum. And then I'm just waiting for the nuke to land at your feet and see what happens from there.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2470 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:54 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

><" I was referring specifically to the bits that frame me. I've said plenty of times in other posts that some of what was said is legit and some is misdirection.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2471 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:55 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

By the way
AurorusVox wrote:
Jack wrote:Also, theorizing, AV implied he had a guilty on fate, right? And the leaked messages yesterday said that espionage had a guilty on fate, and proposed a deal which was carried out, scum choosing to cooperate instead. And then Fate tried to pin the fact that AV lived on me.
HOW? How did I have a guilty on Fate YESTERDAY? Show me that. Show me how this even makes sense.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
SharkFinn
SharkFinn
Mafia Scum
SharkFinn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2472 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:57 pm

Post by SharkFinn »

Nuke: AurorusVox

I am an American, do as you will. Faraday and AV are the scum imo. chesskid is the outside shot. I trust Mina, Jack, and SpyreX.

Faraday: feel free to nuke me/chesskid. I dont mind either way.

I will not retract unless Jack/SpyreX/Mina majority tell me to, but this is the best action.
SharkFinn
SharkFinn
Mafia Scum
SharkFinn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2473 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:58 pm

Post by SharkFinn »

Jack wrote:Well, hopefully this happens:

1) sharkfinn nukes AV
2) we wait till AV dies
3) faraday nukes sharkfinn
4) we wait until sharkfinn dies

And the game should be over. If not, you'll still have a nuke.
Actually, just let Faraday blow me up now that Im nuking AV. Mina blow up Faraday and you lynch chesskid. Sound good?
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2474 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:58 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

don't nuke me, bro

PEDIT: don't lynch me, bro
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”