Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4600 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:03 am

Post by Iecerint »

Nope, more like I'm annoyed that people started calling me scum for matching up stalks with people the past two days.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4601 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:37 am

Post by VP Baltar »

@Triglav - why is kunk likely to be scum?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4602 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:48 am

Post by Iecerint »

EBWOP: also I am obviously town. i do not need to prove it to you.
Triglav
Triglav
Goon
Triglav
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4603 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:57 am

Post by Triglav »

@VP - Because scum want to prevent town kunk being stalked because...? The only way he's town is if scum figured everyone and their grandmother would stalk him and wanted to mess with confirmage. If that's the case we would have expected Benmage to hear noise last night as well. No noise, so suspect kunk is tech.

@Iec... :?
We are an amalgamation of Adel, Albert B. Rampage, Zorblag, and Ythan (twice).
We are, in absolute honesty, a conglomeration of gandalf, drmyshottyizsik, and MichaelSableheart.
We are currently operating as an omniscient culmination of Fate, Glork and ZazieR.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4604 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:00 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Triglav wrote:@VP - Because scum want to prevent town kunk being stalked because...? The only way he's town is if scum figured everyone and their grandmother would stalk him and wanted to mess with confirmage. If that's the case we would have expected Benmage to hear noise last night as well. No noise, so suspect kunk is tech.
And the scum apparently warded seemingly town Nico, what was their reasoning for that? My guess was for an easy mislynch. I'm not saying that's the case with kunk and you could be right, but who's to say it wasn't a last ditch effort to distract from caught scum Andrius who is circling the drain?
YOUR AD HERE

Triglav
Triglav
Goon
Triglav
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4605 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:32 am

Post by Triglav »

Considering we see no way that Andrius isn't being lynched today we have only a shrug. This town is dumber then a rock if we decide to lynch anyone prior to Andrius.

The "worst" scum have accomplished is put 'townkunk; into lynch/stalk consideration for tomorrow and...
He was already there.
No scum gain.
Scum warded Nico? We thought scum warded Nacho. Or are you talking an earlier day than today?
We are, in absolute honesty, a conglomeration of gandalf, drmyshottyizsik, and MichaelSableheart.
We are currently operating as an omniscient culmination of Fate, Glork and ZazieR.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4606 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:49 am

Post by Iecerint »

Nicky claimed being interfered with in some fashion awhile ago (grave robbing? i can't remember). He avoided the chopping block when he saved Seacore from the NK night before last.

IIRC.

So Nicky is town unless scum deliberately did this to get him off the chopping block.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4607 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:02 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Triglav wrote:Considering we see no way that Andrius isn't being lynched today we have only a shrug. This town is dumber then a rock if we decide to lynch anyone prior to Andrius.

The "worst" scum have accomplished is put 'townkunk; into lynch/stalk consideration for tomorrow and...
He was already there.
No scum gain.
Scum warded Nico? We thought scum warded Nacho. Or are you talking an earlier day than today?
I was talking about yesterday when I fail stalked him.

As far as Andrius being lynched today, my guess is that him messing up the rezz insanities wasn't part of his plan. You playing dumb on purpose?
YOUR AD HERE

Trilobite
Trilobite
Goon
Trilobite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4608 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:34 am

Post by Trilobite »

I just looked back. VP claimed a failed stalk on Nico on day 5.

The issue I have is that a "sucessful res" can't actually be confirmed. (As in how do we know cult didn't set up a ritual and have hypo cult Nico "res" it for town cred?)

The thing about it is that regarding Nico, the res is really the only argument for not lynching him.

And even so, I tend to think cult are FAR more likely to ward their own from stalks than others. (Granted a lot of it depends on how much danger cult are in of actually being stalked.)
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4609 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:03 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Trilobite wrote:The issue I have is that a "sucessful res" can't actually be confirmed. (As in how do we know cult didn't set up a ritual and have hypo cult Nico "res" it for town cred?)
Yeah, that's why I said seemingly-town Nico. Unfortunately, this setup is never going to lend itself to wifom free confirmations. Cult probably have coordinated night actions in at least someway to give some members "clearance." I've been holding off pointing to that overly much because I didn't want to inspire any ideas, but as the game moves closer to lylo we need to be very careful about clearing people. I still don't think it's entirely likely that Nico prevented the ritual to clear himself, since he would basically be deadweight to a scum team given his posting in thread, but it's not entirely impossible that they planned the whole thing with Seacore to sneak him into lylo as the confirmed town lurker.
Trilobite wrote:(Granted a lot of it depends on how much danger cult are in of actually being stalked.)
Bingo. Let's pretend for a second that kunk is town and is put on the stalk list. He's been taking heat in this game and appearing on a lot of people's scum list. Now, even if scum have some members on the list, if they are generally much less suspicious than kunk, then kunk is probably more likely to garner stalks. Additionally, even if the cult decide to ward their own members, it's likely they would try to ward at least some town players, otherwise you are creating a scenario where it is obvious who is cult and who is not just based upon successful stalks. Of course, all of this comes down to the amount of free actions cult had last night, as you say.
YOUR AD HERE

Triglav
Triglav
Goon
Triglav
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4610 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:41 am

Post by Triglav »

VP Baltar wrote:As far as Andrius being lynched today, my guess is that him messing up the rezz insanities wasn't part of his plan. You playing dumb on purpose?
The only way Andrius is town is if you accept that hito was going murderer or was scum because if he was town he wouldn't lie.
Since hito was ritualized to death we are willing to wager he was not scum.
If hito was going murderer the only way he wouldn't have taken an allowed murder of Andrius is if hito is a bloody moron.
Messed up rezz claim or no Andrius is super obvious scum.
Are *you* playing dumb on purpose?
VP Baltar wrote:
Trilobite wrote:The issue I have is that a "sucessful res" can't actually be confirmed. (As in how do we know cult didn't set up a ritual and have hypo cult Nico "res" it for town cred?)
Yeah, that's why I said seemingly-town Nico. Unfortunately, this setup is never going to lend itself to wifom free confirmations. Cult probably have coordinated night actions in at least someway to give some members "clearance." I've been holding off pointing to that overly much because I didn't want to inspire any ideas, but as the game moves closer to lylo we need to be very careful about clearing people. I still don't think it's entirely likely that Nico prevented the ritual to clear himself, since he would basically be deadweight to a scum team given his posting in thread, but it's not entirely impossible that they planned the whole thing with Seacore to sneak him into lylo as the confirmed town lurker.
If you want to play that game let's play that game later when we're ready to gargle some wine. We still have players who are less confirmed than Nico who need death sooner. The only way Nico is scum is if scum decided to eat up a rez kit, and a ritual, and a scum's night action, and confirm town in order to clear the wonderful scum asset that is Nicoscum.

Meh.

I'd rather lynch Andrius, Nacho, and kunk before getting into a lynch Nico discussion. They are far more likely scum.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4611 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:43 am

Post by Seacore »

I agree with Triglav on that last lynch order. Nico is someone who can now be investigated through stalk/murder planning, now that we've forced him to launder.

Anybody keeping a score on claims? How many do we have left? Because I've got some numbers I want to play with.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4612 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:55 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Triglav wrote:The only way Andrius is town is if you accept that hito was going murderer or was scum because if he was town he wouldn't lie.
Since hito was ritualized to death we are willing to wager he was not scum.
If hito was going murderer the only way he wouldn't have taken an allowed murder of Andrius is if hito is a bloody moron.
Messed up rezz claim or no Andrius is super obvious scum.
Are *you* playing dumb on purpose?
You are not getting this at all. Look at what Andrius did at the start of the day. Obviously he and his buddies killed him, rezzed Andrius and then were going to try to play it like hito didn't murder him. Nothing about what I said above is saying that Andrius didn't look obv. scum at the start of the day. My point is that he was making a run at escaping an inevitable looking noose. He failed and thus closed the door on whatever he was attempting. Honestly, I don't even get why you're arguing this with me or what you think I'm saying here.
Triglav wrote:I'd rather lynch Andrius, Nacho, and kunk before getting into a lynch Nico discussion. They are far more likely scum.
If this is directed at me, you're also missing my point here.
YOUR AD HERE

Triglav
Triglav
Goon
Triglav
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4613 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:39 pm

Post by Triglav »

@VP - we are apparently talking at cross purposes then.

When you brought up a scum ward on Nico when replaying to our point about how kunk was likely scum we took it as you suggesting that they were either equivalently scummy or that somehow kunk wasn't scummy at all.
Could you restate the point you were trying to convey in 4604?
Use small words.
We are "special".

We actually do think our reply to your WIFOM buffet is appropriate and applicable. Yes, that meal needs to be considered. But that really is a discussion to have once a few more doors have been closed, and you even indicated that you believed this as well. So...wine back in the cellar till later, yes?
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4614 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:52 pm

Post by Iecerint »

VP wants to lynch Andy. To all sane people, Andyscum is so obvious that it is not worth going on and on about.

Other discussions, like what's up with Nicky or kunk, are greyer, so discussion there is more helpful.

I think that is the point.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4615 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:09 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Sort of. Basically, Trilobite brought up the question of whether Nico was confirmed or not, and I was elaborating that people need to be careful about calling people confirmed in this setup because it's designed for maximum WIFOM. I added that even with that factor, I think it's likely that Nico is town, but shouldn't be given a free pass regardless of that likelihood. That was my point.

But Iec is correct that I was never once suggesting that Andy SHOULDN'T be lynched today.
YOUR AD HERE

Trilobite
Trilobite
Goon
Trilobite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4616 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:37 pm

Post by Trilobite »

As far as I know, the only two people who are actually confirmed are Seacore and Xvart. That's it.
Trilobite
Trilobite
Goon
Trilobite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4617 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:43 pm

Post by Trilobite »

Also I think open stalk lists are the reason we're in this WIFOM bucket.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4618 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:54 am

Post by Seacore »

I don't know Trilo, I think we're in a really good position right now. We can only lynch one person a day. Our open stalk lists followed by planned murders are how we were able to confirm one town and one scum. I think that's a good night's work.

But we have no successful stalks from last night, as yet, so that's a pain, but not a huge one, we can just organise again today.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #4619 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:01 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

V/LA lasting longer than expected, but I will make a post in here tomorrow.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4620 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:58 pm

Post by xvart »

I searched for forensic tools last night. Andy is the lynch for today. It seems the stalk/rez planning is being effective (at least in the short term) since we caught one scum, and as long as we keep dwindling their numbers it is going to be increasingly difficult for them to interfere with rezzing WIFOM.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4621 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:05 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

CD7
Username:Kunkstar7

Did you Hear Noise? Yes

Did you Ward? If so, who? No

Did you gain Insanities, and if so, which ones and from what actions? No

List all of the insanities you currently have: Twitchy, Solist

Did you
successfully
resuscitate? If so, who? No.

Were you murdered? No

Did you Commune or Investigate? If so, who, and what result? No

Are you bloody? No
Did you Stalk? If so, on who, and was it successful? No

Twitch? *Twitch*

Vote: Kunkstar7

Unvote, Vote: Benmage

Unvote, Vote: Xvart

Unvote, Vote: Benmage

Unvote, Vote: Xvart

Unvote

Glad to know I'm loved around here.
Welcome to the Network.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4622 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:18 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

Just read the last 40 or so pages.

It didn't give me a whole lot in the way of suspicions, but I do at least feel connected with what's going on now, so hopefully I can contribute a bit more.

Okay, Andrius is scum. Awesome.

VP says that TNM tried to murder him. TNM confirmed town, unless both VP and he are scum.

Seacore = confirmed town, as I already knew he was, but it's good everyone else knows it now too.

So, town is:
Seacore
xvart
TNM
Nico
Benmage

Scum is:
Andrius
>90% Kunkstar
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4623 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:08 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Why is TNM town?

Percy says I misunderstood how Solist (and Obsession) works; you don't Solist @ some item you're holding. I am messaging with him because he is being sweet and letting me basically pick my insanity (between those two) while playing the game. Maybe he feels bad about that time with FT idk.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4624 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

TNM attempted to murder me last night, therefore he cannot be cult.
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”