Trilobite
Goon
Trilobite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4675 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:35 am

Post by Trilobite »

Couple of things:

1. I want Kunkstar to double rob with xvart.
2. TNM SHOULD NOT STALK. Psychopathy is gained after the 2nd murder attempt NOT the 2nd successful murder. (This is of course presuming he's town.)
3. We already have a res kit. The only practical thing for us to search for is a forensic kit.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4676 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:42 am

Post by Seacore »

Tomorrow's insanity checking.

Tomorrow I will be an absolute ogre about checking the voting insanities.
The three insanities we check in our daily CD posts MUST be done correctly. None of this copy from the last person bullshit that's been happening.
You vote for yourself first. Then benmage, then xvart, then benmage, then xvart. I've noticed a couple of people voting for somebody else first, which circumvents the Paranoid checking. So, if I catch you doing it Day 8, I'm going to be a dick about it. If I die, somebody else had best be a dick about it in my place.

Suicidal testing, assuming we have a successful ritual and no murders tonight, will involve 12 living players. That means 6 votes will be needed to bring a player to L-1.

Prior to the suicidal testing, we need to determine a draft night action plan, to at the very least cover grave robbing, but also potentially to cover possible murder plans and anything else we deem necessary. This will make an accidental or scum hammer, or the discovery that somebody has suicidal (and thus hammers them) less catastrophic.

Once a draft night plan is ready, we will test suicidal in this order.

Nacho
kunkstar
VasudeVa
Iecerint
Trilobite
Triglav
vp Baltar
Feysal
Nicodemus
TNM

Xvart and Benmage will not be tested as they have claimed suicidal
I will not be tested because I'm cleared as a cultist. (And there aren't enough murders to worry about me going murderer)

The testing team will be

Seacore
Iecrint
Feysal
Benmage
VP Baltar
TNM

I've chosen these people based (off the top of my head) on people that are around more than other people. I have not taken into account who is scummy and who isn't.
If somebody screws with our testing it will be really obvious and treated as a scum claim, regardless of what the dead person flips.

In CD8, I want a line that says that a) you understand that you will be voting in the suicidal test or b) you understand that you will NOT be voting in the suicidal test, as appropriate.

Scum have clearly been using "confusion" as an excuse to claim stupid things. Go back and look at Andrius's night claims, We can assume all of that communing bullshit was ritualling. But at the same time, confusion is genuine too, look at DGB. But we're no long going to accept confusion or absence as an excuse.

Nacho, if you can't commit to this game, replace out, if you cower again, you will be lynched.
Everybody - if you can't commit to this game, and commit to our plans, replace out or you will be lynched.
Trilobite
Trilobite
Goon
Trilobite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4677 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:48 am

Post by Trilobite »

Seacore wrote:
Tomorrow I will be an absolute ogre about checking the voting insanities.
The three insanities we check in our daily CD posts MUST be done correctly. None of this copy from the last person bullshit that's been happening.
You vote for yourself first. Then benmage, then xvart, then benmage, then xvart. I've noticed a couple of people voting for somebody else first, which circumvents the Paranoid checking. So, if I catch you doing it Day 8, I'm going to be a dick about it. If I die, somebody else had best be a dick about it in my place.
Who's been doing this?
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4678 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:52 am

Post by Iecerint »

Seacore, please clarify whether I'm allowed to Stalk on that list (as well as be stalked).
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4679 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:52 am

Post by Seacore »

Iecrint, you may not stalk. You are now on the stalkee list. You will do something else useful and await death from the shadows.

Trilo, you are correct on the TNM front, good catch. Next time I post the list I'll change TNM to doing something else.

You should probably use the res kit, there's always the chance that you negate the ritual. Avoid using the res kit on anybody that was on the stalk list last night, there's always the chance that one of our stalkers is lying about their target and who they blocked. They shouldn't, but there's always a chance.

Now, about the kunk graverob.
Why? Scum probably have a good idea about whether there are any items on those bodies, I imagine they're finding it easier to keep track of items than we are, so if they know that either of the graverob targets are empty, scum-kunk will be unlikely to rob it. Meanwhile town-kunk is getting a double insanity and xvart is being robbed of items.

Actually xvart has solist, as does benmage, neither will know if kunk has grave robbed... I think.
Trilobite
Trilobite
Goon
Trilobite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4680 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:55 am

Post by Trilobite »

My desire to have Kunkstar rob stems from preventing him from being able to ward without being outted if he's cult.
Trilobite
Trilobite
Goon
Trilobite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4681 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:56 am

Post by Trilobite »

Oh yeah, soilist messes with that idea.

We would need a robber that doesn't have soilist.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4682 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:01 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Um. Can you clarify why it's problematic for me to stalk someone on the stalk list? O.o

I can do other stuff either way, though.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4683 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:07 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Also, this is the game where Furcolow's ghost is possessing me, right?

I am not scum obviously.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4684 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:17 pm

Post by Seacore »

xvart being graverobber is good because it discourages him from trying to go murderer if he thinks town is going south.
Benmage is forced to rob. So lets leave it at that.

Iec, if you successfully stalk and also get stalked, it'll get awkward and we run the risk of you killing somebody to prove yourself town, while getting killed yourself, so that's potentially a double town loss (if you and your target are town) with a single confirmation, not good. Do something else helpful to town like pick up a resus kit.

Also, in regards to the CD tests, I've totally exaggerated in my head TNM did it today and VP Baltar did it the Day before. I thin it maybe happened more in earlier days, but we've killed off some useless players since then.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4685 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:57 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I have Solist, so I can't pick up a resuscitation kit. I will have to make do.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4686 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:59 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I wish you'd told me earlier. I could've done Solist;RKit, since I'd been holding one all game. <_<

Oh well w/e I hate my life.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4687 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:08 pm

Post by Seacore »

That's cool. Just use whatever kit you have. I don't even think you have so many insanities that communing would be terribad. If it is, then search for something else.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #4688 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:17 pm

Post by Andrius »

Iecerint wrote:Oh well w/e I hate my life.
<3 Artemis
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4689 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:33 pm

Post by Iecerint »

At least you got my role right this time. :P

Also -- GET THEE BEHIND ME, SCUMZ. >:W
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #4690 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:52 pm

Post by Andrius »

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4691 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:56 pm

Post by Iecerint »

<3
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #4692 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:09 pm

Post by Andrius »

<3
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4693 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:04 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

I already have a rez kit. I've been using it these nights, see. Rezkits and Forensics have kept my sanity low.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #4694 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:15 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Percy wrote:
Vote Count

*whisper whisper*

ReaperCharlie - 11
(Triglav,
Seacore
MagnaofIllusion
xvart
AurorusVox
, kunkstar7, Feysal, nopointinactingup,
Furpants_Tom
hitorogoshi
Benmage
Andrius
)
Benmage - 6
(
Fate
Wraith
Baby Spice
, manho,
SpyreX
)
Seacore - 4
(
Plum
totallynotmafia
, Trilobite,
Wickedestjr
)
xvart - 2
(
El Goosuki
ReaperCharlie
)
MagnaofIllusion - 1
(
Furcolow
, VasudeVa)
Bowser - 1
(
Lost Butterfly
)
Lost Butterfly - 1
(VP Baltar)
Not Voting - 1 (Bowser)

With 28 alive, 15 votes secures a Lynch.
There's a surprising lack of scum on the ReaperCharlie wagon. There's at a minimum one scum in {Triglav, kunk, Feyesal}, most likely two. Triglav has, by far, the strongest position on that wagon, so I'm betting Feyesal-kunk-Andy are our scum on the RC wagon.

This means that there are two scum off the wagon. I'm willing to clear manho pretty much completely based on the Benmage wagon, so that's that.

Trilobite is on a wagon with a lot of townies. Scum positioning here...

I find VV's switch to Benmage while wagon is in full swing then switch back to MoI when wagon is attacked pretty damn suspect, so he's looking like a decent chance for scum.

There's not much to gain out of VP or Bowser's positioning.
Vi wrote:
Vote Count

*whisper whisper*

MagnaofIllusion - 13
(Trilobite, VP Baltar,
Benmage
hitogoroshi
Plum
El Goosuki
Baby Spice
AurorusVox
MagnaofIllusion
SpyreX
, Iecerint,
Andrius
Furcolow
, VasudeVa)
kunkstar7 - 5
(
totallynotmafia
Wickedestjr
Furpants_Tom
, nopointinactingup, Nicodemus)
Baby Spice - 4
(Triglav, Feysal,
Seacore
xvart
)
El Goosuki - 2
(kunkstar7,
Wraith
)

With 25 alive, 13 votes secures a Lynch.
We learn considerably less this votecount.
For the record, I'm counting VasudeVa as being on the MoI bandwagon because he only unvoted so he could hammer. I'm thinking that we're going to find a fair amount of scum sitting on that MoI wagon, especially if we're right about kunk, considering the two counterwagons were on scum. I also think we won't find more than one scum on each counterwagon. Right now, I'd judge one or even two more scum on the MoI wagon, leaving two or three to be off it.

If there's two more scum on the MoI wagon, they're Trilobite and VV, no doubt.
And they're two partners off the wagon would most likely be kunk and Nicodemus. Kunk wanting to stay off the wagon makes sense if five of his buddies are on the wagon, and his Goosuki vote is probably a result of not wanting to vote either his buddy. The Nicodemus vote offering support for the MoI wagon without jumping on it, and he overjustifies voting MoI over kunk pretty badly.

If there's one scum on the MoI wagon, the choice gets a bit more difficult. I'd pick Trilo over VV though, since VV was pushing MoI way, way early. Plus the whole "I want the hammer" thing is definitely indicative of townie who thinks they've pegged scum and thus they want the final blow.
Third buddy would be Feyesal, for not really commenting a whole lot on Baby Spice despite voting her. Triglav's wagon push was half-hearted, but at least he gave his reasons.
Vi wrote:
Vote Count

*whisper whisper*

El Goosuki - 12
(
Wraith
, Trilobite,
SpyreX
hitorogoshi
Baby Spice
, kunkstar7,
Seacore
AurorusVox
, VP Baltar, Feysal,
Plum
SUICIDAL
)
SpyreX - 3
(
Benmage
, VasudeVa,
Andrius
)
Nicodemus - 2
(
Furcolow
El Goosuki
)
Benmage - 1
(
totallynotmafia
)
Feysal - 1
(nopointinactingup)
kunkstar7 - 1
(
Wickedestjr
)

Not Voting (4) - (Iecerint, Nicodemus, Triglav,
xvart
)
With 23 alive, 12 votes secures a Lynch.
I'm betting 3 more scum on the Goosuki wagon, probably Trilo, kunk, and Feyesal.
VV is town as hell based on this votecount alone.
Nico is way more probscum than Triglav.

Conclusion:
Iecerint and VV are town as hell.

Remaining scum are kunk, Trilo, Feyesal, and Nico. I could probably go further, but the past two lynches have been 'player x is obvscum, lynch him', and whether scum decided to bus or not at those points probably only depended on when they got online, so I don't see much coming from those.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #4695 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:38 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Re: Nico:

I'm surprised that I'm the only one who's expressing a little doubt over the whole Nico situation. He successfully ressed someone who wasn't supposed to be able to die in the first place, and just happened to be passed a fetish the day he was communed...

I'm sorry, but has anything that convenient ever happened in ANY Stars Aligned game between two town?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4696 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:16 am

Post by Iecerint »

Oh, neato. Recall that Iecerint=manho. If I'm scum, my slot voted after scum and was followed by scum twice (on Benmage D1 as manho, and on MoI D2 as me). Three cheers for VCs, etc.

The first VC really boils down to the same Feysal/Nacho dichotomy we already had AFAICT, though, on the scum-finding front, when you take away the fact that Nacho is the one interpreting. Correct me if I am mistaken.
Trilobite
Trilobite
Goon
Trilobite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4697 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:24 am

Post by Trilobite »

The fact that nacho is actually scum hunting in this game wins him a lot of points with me. If he was scum, he would post to lets us know he was here but he would also cost like a lot of players already are. This game puts way too much weight on planning night actions and actively discourages scum hunting, at least in my opinion.

I don't agree with wagon analysis however. You can draw any conclusion you like from it really, but at least he is putting out his thoughts and making connections. He's wrong about us, but that's not really something I am about to get all annoyed about. He's putting out the effort which is important.

I have noticed a couple of players seemingly suggesting we are cult with little to no actual reasoning. benmage put us on the stalk list a few nights back and that seemed to open us up to this little jabs from people.

I have waited for someone to provide some thought about the likely hood of us being cult but it hasn't really came. Seacore even said today we could do with some killing but he can't seem to explain why.

I'd like to bring up these two posts. We were the people that busted Andrius in the first place. I caught onto his lame plan to hide instantiates and pushed him on it. The main reason Andrius was on the stalk list and got caught out was because we started the case on him.

The same day these two posts were made, Spy was being run up, a confirmed cult. If we are cult with him that means we tried to deflect from the Spy wagon to the Andrius wagon another one of our buddies. It also means when we could have gotten towncred for bussing Spy (who was going down no matter what) we chose instead to expose Andrius and his commune plan which has lead to him being outed scum.

Now normally I'm not one to throw “townie” things I have done out there, (WIFOM etc) but with this game I feel like if I don't bring it up no one will. Very few people are reading back and scum hunting, we're all sat around content to plan for night. This plays into the cults hands. We still need to scum hunt. Yeah we were wrong with our epic Seacore case, but were right about Andrius. We all need to pick this up tomorrow. There is still four cult hiding somewhere, combing scum hunting with planning night actions is what will win us the game.

~Sotty
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4698 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:23 pm

Post by totallynotmafia »

Sorry guys, I'm looking for a new place to live so I'm really struggling to invest any time in this game at the moment, I'll hopefully have some time to get back into the game in the next couple of days though.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4699 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:43 pm

Post by Feysal »

It's about time I posted in this game too, instead of just reading. Despite a number of pages being added to the thread, not much seems to have changed though. We got all claims, fine. Insanity testing was postponed until tomorrow, I agree with that, no sense risking a scum quickhammer with Andrius still alive. It seems I am to participate in the Suicidal testing too, works for me. And now we're planning night actions. With hitogoroshi dead, I suppose I should compile the guide this time and post it, like once before? I'll get working on it.

Couple things I should comment on now. Is no one interested in how or why VP Baltar survived the murder from totallynotmafia? No one claimed to have resuscitated him. I can see a number of explanations for this. If both VP Baltar and totallynotmafia are town, then the cult could have resuscitated to mess with the confirmation and try to frame VP Baltar so he could be mislynched, but this seems like a rather weak motive given how the cult could have just allowed the murder to succeed. If VP Baltar was lynched or murdered and flipped town, then totallynotmafia would be confirmed anyway. I've seen no effort to start any suspicion of VP Baltar either, so I doubt this is the correct answer. Another possibility is them both being scum, in which case no murder or resuscitation ever took place, which seems rather more likely. Finally, it is possible that only VP Baltar is cult and totallynotmafia is not, in which case the cult of course resuscitated their own and at the same time made totallynotmafia suspect, since we can't tell whether he really murdered or not.

Did I miss something? If I did not, then VP Baltar still being alive is suspicious like hell. I can't think up a scenario where it would be beneficial for the cult to resuscitate him if he was town. Since hitogoroshi was ritual killed, the cult can't have ritualled and resuscitated him either to cover for totallynotmafia being unable to actually murder.

Also, about Nachomamma8's vote count analysis. The one really glaring thing about it is the absence of scum on the ReaperCharlie wagon, I agree with that. There are probably unfound scum there. I don't quite agree with the results of his analysis though, to be specific Nicodemus being scum, and of course myself. Something he missed was that I did indeed give reasons for my suspicion on Baby Spice, I just did not do it in the post where I voted her, since at 6 AM I was much too tired to start writing another case, like I explained back then.

Then there is Nicodemus. I actually believe he is town, and I think I've guessed how yesterday's events came to happen. First, I communed totallynotmafia, and explained that I chose him because I had only two viable choices who should have no insanities, and I had a town read on VasudeVa. The cult may have predicted I would commune Nicodemus the following night, due to a similar process of elimination, and threw a fetish at Nicodemus for me to find. The cult would certainly keep track of which townies had Occult Books, and who they were likely to target. This would have the dual purpose of costing me my Occult Books, and framing Nicodemus, so he would be mislynched. Then the whole thing went south when Nicodemus unexpectedly resuscitated Seacore, who was supposed to be safe from the ritual. I imagine that must've been a nasty surprise for the cult, losing their nightkill and their intended mislynch option.

This does not prove why Nicodemus should be town though. For some hard evidence about that, during the first round of stalks, four people who were on the stalk list heard noise. They were Andrius, Baby Spice, Nicodemus and Plum. Remember how the ward mechanic works, if you are warded you cannot ward yourself, so if the cult only warded their own members, they could only have warded three people. Not four. If the four all heard noises due to being warded, then only two of them can be cult due to the ward mechanic. With Andrius and Baby Spice known to be cult, Nicodemus and Plum would have to be town. Andrius being exposed came too late to save Plum, but it can still help Nicodemus. The only problem is that they could've heard noises from other actions... maybe Wraith stalking, or the cult crafting fetishes, so this proof is not definite. But it is the best I can do, and enough for me. Nicodemus can further confirm himself with a murder if needed.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”