Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:53 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Endgame has been triggered. Stand by...

(
Dead players please wait until the final scene is posted before posting, plz. Thanks.

Actually, to keep the suspense, would all players, living and dead, wait on posting until I get the endgame scene done? I know it's asking for quite a bit, but the drama's been built up this far, I'd like to keep it going right to the end. Thanks!
)

(And then it occurred to me that I can just lock the thread. :mrgreen: )
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:23 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Only Vote Count of Day 7

(2) MagnaofIllusion: AlmasterGM, Furry

(1) AlmasterGM: MagnaofIllusion

With three players alive, it takes two votes to lynch.
Deadline no longer matters...

- A lynch majority has been achieved! -
- Endgame has been triggered! -

Unknown cave, Kehvit Mountain Range
Non-colonized Sector 1, UTP Planet Liten, Tynnfred System
December 5th, 2486 SC (Day 5, Month 15 LC)
0527 hours SST (0625 hours LLT3)

Silence had overcome the group. Furry, Pal, and Kestrel continually aimed their weapons at each other, first at one, then at the other, then at the first again. All the while Sara looked on, knowing she needed to do something, yet unable to muster the will to do it...

You're stronger than this, Sara. You know you are...
But no matter how many times her mind told her that, her body simply refused to take action. Never in her life, not even during the ambush, had Sara felt so utterly
useless

Kestrel gave a half-laugh. "Well, now. This is quite the quandary we've got, here."

"No shit," Pal said dryly. "I sure as hell don't trust either one of you."

"Same here." Kestrel looked at Furry. "Perhaps we should lower our weapons and try to sort this out--"

"Like hell I will!" In an instant Pal had his laser rifle trained on Kestrel, and she quickly responded in kind. "You're just trying to catch me off guard, aren't you?"

"Hardly," Kestrel replied calmly. "You're just afraid to give up control. It must be maddening, coming this far, only to die at the apex of your supposed triumph--"

"Shut up! Just shut the fuck up! Your gut wasn't malfunctioning at all, was it?
It wasn't actually there
!

"Please. You bastards have been screwing with my gut, and you know it!"

At last Sara was able to put words in her mouth. "Stop it, all of you! Just lower your weapons, and let's settle this like reasonable people--"

Two sudden hisses, and both Kestrel and Pal collapsed to the floor. Pal rolled along the ground, clutching his left shoulder and groaning in agony; Kestrel lay motionless, her eyes staring vacantly at the ceiling of the cave.

Furry slowly pushed herself onto her feet. "Fuck reason," she muttered, training her laser pistol on Kestrel's head.

"Wait, what the hell just happened?" Sara demanded to know.

"It's simple," Furry replied. "I shot Kestrel, and she shot Pal. She missed. I didn't. Now I intend to settle the question of Kestrel's nature once and for all, and if she doesn't turn, then we'll know just who our Arkon is..."

She cast a glance at Pal. "Fuck that!" He hissed, fumbling at the holster for his laser pistol. "You'll not take me--"

Without warning, Kestrel seized Furry's leg and pulled hard. Furry plummeted to the ground, smashing face-first onto the rock floor and losing her grip on the laser pistol. Sharp claws began to form at the end of Kestrel's hand as she pulled Furry closer, her hands leaving behind deep gashes. Furry screamed and tried to grab her laser pistol, but Kestrel yanked her out of range before her hand could close on it.

By now the transformation was complete. The image of Kestrel was gone, replaced by a green-skinned, violet-haired Arkon. It held Furry completely in its grasp, and despite her furious struggling, she was unable to break free.

Sara began to take out her own laser pistol, but the weapon slipped out of her hand as she drew it out.
No time--

"Dammit!" Pal yelled, struggling to aim his laser pistol at the Arkon. In an instant the Arkon whirled its body so that Furry's body was between it and Pal. Its back was now turned to Sara...

You've got no choice! Do it!

The Arkon's purple lips curled into a grimace, and its hand reached for the back of Furry's head. "Sittow yobo, majy izhylesk akuhitoslik--"

"
Yaaaaaaaagh
!" Sara dove onto the Arkon and, with her one hand, yanked the Arkon's hand away from Furry's head. "Get away from her, you
bitch
!"

Its hold on her loosened, Furry pried the Arkon's other arm away from her body, and she rolled away, crying in agony as she did. With feral ferocity, the Arkon pulled hard with the arm Sara held, sending her flying over the Arkon and crashing against the cold stone of the ground. She felt her nose collapse, and warm liquid spread all over the inside of her mask.

The Arkon leaped upon her and, with one hand, seized her right arm. Sara thrashed madly, but could not break out of the Arkon's grasp. She felt its hand grasp the back of her head.
No, not like this! Not like this!

"Haburikrag vango domka tamvir speelka byot majy, hitoslik," the Arkon growled. "Enek gaaku nezak masave dieza--"

Without warning, the Arkon fell on top of Sara, its hold on her slackened. Virulently Sara kicked herself out of the Arkon's grasp, rolling madly away across the ground. She stopped and lay on her back, breathing heavily and wiping blood away from her eyes.

"That's right, motherfucker, die!" Pal bellowed, and she heard, more than once the hiss of a laser searing flesh. "You thought you won, you fucked-up bastard? Guess again, bitch, because you don't fucking
mess
with us and get away with it! Fuck, yeah! You got fucked, bitch,
fucked
, and you can't do a goddamn thing to stop it, yeah, that's righ, fucking
die
!"

Wearily Sara pushed herself up on her butt and glanced back. What was left of the Arkon was either on fire, molten, or charred to a crisp, but that wasn't stopping Pal, lying on his stomach, from pouring bolt after bolt of energy into the remains. For that matter, Sara was tempted to find her laser pistol and dump a few rounds into that fucking beast herself...

The lasers suddenly stopped firing from Pal's weapon. Puffs of white smoke rose from the laser pistol. "Aw, fuck, I fried it," Pal moaned. "I wasn't even halfway done with that motherfuckin' bitch, yet."

Sara stood up wearily and looked around for Furry. She was lying on her back, her facemask stained bright crimson, and with troughs of blood dug into her legs and torso.

"Furry?"

Furry didn't respond. Sara limped over to Furry and stood over her body.

"Furry, you still alive?"

Still Furry maintained her silence. Grunting, Sara knelt beside her head and felt her neck. There was no pulse.
Oh, no...

Refusing to believe what she felt, Sara jammed her fingers into Furry's neck. "Don't die on me, dammit!" She screamed. "You made it this far, Furry,
don't fucking die now
!"

And then, finally, she felt a faint beat. A few moments later, she felt another one, and shortly after that, another. She dropped her head, unable to stem the monsoon of tears.
Thank god...

Heavy footsteps lumbered behind her. "Is she...is she alive?"

Sara gave the faintest of nods. "Yes. Barely, but yes."

Pal grunted. "Thank god for small miracles. And--damn, you look like shit."

"Yeah, I think the worst of it's a broken nose, though. I hope." Sara stood up. "It's gonna be hard enough fending off an Arkon army with just the two of us as it is--"

Pal suddenly whirled and faced the cave entrance. "Oh, shit, you hear that? They're coming."

Sara suddenly became aware of a dull, constant roar, getting louder and louder by the second. Her heart sank.
This is it. The endgame.

"Behind those rocks," Sara ordered Pal. "We'll have to do what we can."

Pal nodded. "Not like we've got a chance, but what the hell."

"Exactly."

The two of them somberly strode up to a pair of large boulders near the entrance of the cave, serviceable as barricades. As she took her position behind the right-side boulder, Sara couldn't keep a dull flatness out of her mind.
I want to believe there's a way out, I really do. But be honest, Sara, there's no chance in hell you'll survive, not in this condition. Despite your best effort, you still managed to fail in the end.

She glanced over at Pal, the roar outside almost deafening in intensity. "It was an honor to serve with you, Pal," she yelled over the noise.

"Likewise, Sara," he called back.

Sara brought her laser pistol into proper firing position. Thoughts about the whiteness filled her mind.
You cheated us once. Never again--

Suddenly, a voice spoke through her wristcom: "Captain Gaints, this is Shuttle
Deborah Two
. Do you copy?"

Every single nerve in Sara's body went numb.
That couldn't be right. That can't be right! It's impossible!

And yet again, the voice spoke: "Captain Gaints, this is Shuttle
Deborah Two
, please respond."

My god...it's really happening! We've won!

Sara brought back her arm, tapped her wristcom, brought it under her lips. "This is Captain Gaints!" she yelled over the noise outside. "
Deborah Two
, where the
hell
are you?"

"Sara?" Pal yelled. "What the hell's going on, Sara?"

"Captain Gaints," the voice of
Deborah Two
responded. "Thank god you're still alive. We're flying in the trench near your given location. Where are you?"

"In a cave! Hold on a sec, I'll step out!"

Giddily she bounced to her feet and sprinted for the mouth of the cave.

"Sara, what the
fuck
are you doing?" Pal hollered. "Are you out of your
goddamn
mind?"

"We're saved!" she screamed back. "The shuttle's here! We're going to live through this after all!"

Sara didn't even bother slowing down to hear Pal's response, instead dashing out into the open air and glancing up into the sky, searching for the shuttle. In moments she found it, flying towards her from the left, a short distance away.

"We've got you in our sights, Captain,"
Deborah Two
said, the voice on the wristcom barely audible over the roar of the shuttle. "Touchdown in less in fifteen seconds or less. See you on the ground."

Sara watched the shuttle, delight practically shining from every pore in her body. After everything she and the others had gone through, it ended up being worth it.

"Hell, yes!" Pal shouted, from beside her.

On impulse, Sara whirled and threw her arms around her comrade. He squeezed back, and they held each other in a tight embrace. "Am I dreaming?" Pal spoke into her ear. "Tell me I'm dreaming, because this is too fucking good to be true!"

"Oh, Pal, this is no dream!" Sara crushed Pal even more tightly to her body. "It's all real!"

The loud roar suddenly quieted, and Sara heard a loud
whoosh
behind her. She and Pal released each other and turned to see the shuttle, a small pond of water surrounding the ground where it had landed. As they watched, two large doors on the side of the shuttle slid back, and six armored marines stepped out, faces concealed behind temperall facemasks. They tromped over to Pal and Sara, stopping when they were close enough to speak without shouting.

"I'm Captain Charles Doward with the
Deborah
marine platoon," the frontmost marine said gruffly. He was quite blatantly staring at Sara's missing left hand, but she could hardly care less.

"I'm Captain Gaints," Sara replied, "and you have
no
idea how glad we are to see you!"

A few of the marines chuckled, and Doward waved them down. "You have the IED, I understand?"

"Aye, and we have one wounded. She'll need immediate medical attention once we get back to the
Deborah
. We've also got...corpses that we want to bring back for a proper farewell."

Doward nodded. "One sec." He turned around and faced one of the marines. "Chilly, Bernard, get a stretcher from the shuttle, pronto!" Once the stretcher was brought out, Doward said, "All right, just show us where to go."

"Certainly." Sara turned around and strode back into the cave, followed by Pal, Doward, and the other marines.

"So how the hell is it you're here so early?" Pal inquired. "Not that I'm ungrateful, but I thought you guys couldn't be here in under two hours."

"And that's what Commodore Kerry wanted the Arkons to think," Doward said, "in case they were tapping into the transmission. And apparently it worked; all we had to face were a few paltry scout fighters, which our shuttle dealt with easily. With any luck, by the time the bulk of the Arkon force gets here, we'll be long gone."

By now, they had reached Furry, still out cold on the floor. Doward signaled to the marines carrying the stretcher, and they went over to her. Everyone else continued on back to where the IED chest was.

Oh, and the Nutcracker!

"Hold on a minute," she told Doward, "I need to disarm the Nutcracker we had set up. EP-136 and all that."

Doward nodded. "Understood."

Sara brought up her wristcom and switched to the channel the Nutcracker was receiving on. "Green hills of Pittsburgh."

"Nutcracker Tactical Warhead disarmed," spoke the Nutcracker AI's synthesized voice. "It is now safe to handle the warhead."

Sara glanced at the timer; just a little over forty minutes left on it. "All right, your boys can do their thing," she told Doward.

Indeed,
she thought as the marines grabbed the IED chest and the Nutcracker and carried both back to the shuttle.
With haste. I want nothing more right now than to get the hell off this planet...to get the hell off of Liten...

MagnaofIllusion, Evelyn "Kestrel" Falconi,
Arkon Infiltrator
, was melted, incinerated, and otherwise obliterated on Day 7.

SBF
Deborah

Hypertunnel Transit (Tynnfred to Medici)
December 5th, 2486 SC
1755 hours SST

One scream.

It starts with a single scream, but before long that one scream multiplies into hundreds. Arkons seem to spring forth from the trees, ready to kill, ready to slaughter.

I see the Arkon, raising its weapon, aiming at me. My body has turned to putty, my mind to lead. I can only watch...and await my demise

A beam of light streaks beside me, burning through the Arkon, felling it with a single shot. Margaret steps in front of me, the very flames of hell in her emerald eyes. Her lips move, uttering words, but I cannot hear them over the ringing in my ears.

Margaret whirls and downs another Arkon, and then another. All around them colonists are being slaughtered, and the Meggidos are barely holding their own. I knows what is happening, know I need to do something...but I cannot.

Suddenly, I see an Arkon running at Margaret from behind, weapon down and claws bared. I try to call to Margaret, but my lips will not move. I try to raise my laser rifle and shoot the Arkon, but my arms refuse to cooperate. All I can do is watch as the Arkon leaps on Margaret's back, tears the flesh--that tender, supple flesh--from her body. Margaret drops her rifle, whips out her vibration knife, slices the Arkon to pieces; but by now two more Arkons are upon her, and their feral claws rake at her beautiful body.

I can mutely hear Margaret's agonized screams, I'm close enough to do something, and still I am motionless. They rip her right arm off, right at the socket, and toss it aside. The left arm follows shortly thereafter, and soon Margaret has been ripped apart, limb from limb. Her head flies in my direction and lands at my feet. Hair torn, skin hanging loosely from her face, both eyes gouged out, mouth open in a rictus of sheer terror.

And at last, I can hear one thing clearly: the shrill, piercing wail of my own voice--

Sara gasped and clutched the sheets, her skin glistening with sweat. She'd been able to shove the horrible memory out of her mind, for the most part, during the mission, but ever since she'd gotten back on the
Deborah
that damn nightmare had tormented her nearly every sleeping moment. And she fully deserved it.

"I'm so sorry, Margaret," she murmured. "I'm so, so sorry..."

Beedeep! beedeep! Beedeep! beedeep!

Groaning, Sara rolled over and grabbed her wristcom with the temporary robotic hand grafted to her left arm. The metal fingers were clunky and it was hard picking up an object with practically no sense of touch, but somehow she managed. She tapped the answer button.

"Captain Gaints, here."

"Commodore Kerry, here. Just wanted to let you know that we've just dropped out of the hypertunnel. We'd like to perform the rites at 1830 so we can get back to the
Davy Mayboure
as quickly as possible."

Sara yawned. "Sounds good. I'll be ready."

"Excellent. See you in the shuttle bay at 1830, then."

Quickly Sara tapped more buttons on her wristcom, then waited for Pal to answer.

"Lieutenant Bixton," his voice spoke sleepily, "and you better have a damn good reason for waking me up."

Sara smiled. "It's Sara, Pal. Rites are being performed in the shuttle bay at 1830, just letting you know."

"Right. I'll be there."

Sara terminated the transmission and strapped the wristcom to the wrist of the robotic arm. The final member she wanted to see personally...

Slowly she pushed herself out of bed, wincing painfully as each and every wound on her body cried out. She dressed as quickly as she was able and strode for the door, grabbing something from her desk just before heading out.

1808 hours SST

"Yes, you certainly can go in and see her," the Medbay nurse said to Sara. "But I'm afraid she won't be able to move anywhere just yet."

Furry's earned the right as much as anyone else, dammit.
"Are you sure?"

The nurse shrugged her shoulders. "Well, if a superior officer were to order me to move her somewhere, I guess I'd have to obey, despite the inherent risks."

"She's a tough gal. She can handle it."

"Well? Are you going to order me to do it?"

"Yes, I order you to move Furry to the shuttle bay."

"And if Commodore Kerry disapproves, I was just following orders."

"Don't worry; he won't."

The nurse nodded. "Follow me, then."

Sara was led down one of Medbay's four corridors, all the way down to the final door. The nurse's command slid the doors back, and she and Sara entered the room beyond.

Furry lay on a bed, strapped in and with an IV inserted into each arm. Her chest heaved up and down peacefully, rhythmically. Sara strode over by Furry's head. She pressed her palm against Furry's cheek.

"Mmmh..." Furry's eyes fluttered open, and she turned her head to look at Sara. "Nice arm. Planning on entering any beauty pageants anytime soon?"

Sara smirked. "Hell, no. You'd win, hands down."

It was Furry's turn to grin. "So what brings you down to my neck of the woods, as limited as it is?"

"We're performing the last rights in the shuttle bay at 1830. I'm here to make sure you're there."

"Hmm...the docs didn't seem real keen on moving me around...wouldn't even let me raise my head to watch a damn threedee."

"Oh, speaking of which..." Sara placed the item she'd grabbed earlier on the nightstand by Furry's bed. "I brought an audiobook for you to listen to. It's of one of the greatest novels of the twenty-first century."

"Ooh, that sounds interesting...what's it called?"

"Descent into Chaos II. It's a dark fantasy."

Furry smiled. "You're good. Dark fantasy is my favorite genre. I've heard lots of good things about that story, in particular, but copies of it are so damn hard to find."

"Well, this copy's been in my family for generations. Supposedly we're directly descended from the author of the original novel, but nobody ever believes us outside the family."

"That's sweet. Thank you very much, this'll definitely alleviate at least some of the boredom."

"Indeed. You ready to go?"

"Well, I guess if you got 'em to go this far, I ain't gonna stop you."

"Good. You don't have to speak if you don't want to, though."

"I have to, as long as I'm there. Someone has to represent...my people."

Sara nodded. "That's exactly what I thought you'd say."

1830 hours SST

Sara stood beside Pal and Furry, the latter strapped to a gurney and with the two IVs still stuck into her arms. Behind them lined the surviving marines and most of the crew of the
Deborah
. Near the atmosphere shield of the shuttle bay were the coffins, levitating just above the ultrasteel-plated deck.

Kerry went first, giving a general address for the fallen. Doward followed with a more specific eulogy for the fallen marines.
I sure hope Kerry didn't tell Doward how all those marines actually died...

When Doward was finished, he brought the microphone over to Sara and handed it to her. Sara looked down at Furry. "You want to go first?"

"Sure."

Sara held the microphone down by Sara's lips. "Go right ahead."

For a moment, Furry was silent. "I feel largely responsible for the demise of the Liten colony. If I hadn't spearheaded a rebellion against the former government, perhaps the UTP intervention would've been able to stave this invasion. As it stands, out of seven thousand, four hundred and eighty-one colonists, only I still remain alive. And while I cannot recognize the contributions of every single one of those colonists, I can recognize the efforts of Travis Knull and Joshua Gordon, for without their help Sara, Pal, and I would not still be alive today. To all of our colonists, dying in defense of Liten, their beloved colony...may your sacrifice never be forgotten.

"That's all from me."

Sara nodded and brought the microphone underneath her own lips.

"Twenty-five Meggidos went down to Liten to retrieve the Infinite Energy Device. Only two of us made it back alive. But without the twenty-three who died, we wouldn't have had a prayer in hell of surviving that mission.

"Jordy Novacek. Thomas Jackson. Dane Larson. Kelly Marr. Jake Winston. Tamara White. Avery Clyde. Scott Orson. Robert Heinlein. Ellen Abalyski. Jack Anorr. Arthur Williams. Geordi Moss. Simona Sanchez. Wesley Hudson. Mac O'Leary, better known as Pyscho. Ingrid Cortega. Marsha Thompson, better known as Black Cat. Jezebel Bahha, better known as Jezzy. Dylan Richards. Chuck Norris. Bill Guy. And...Margaret Sedarski.

"In the short time I got to know these individuals, I got to see their devotion to the unit and the mission, and without their efforts, this mission would surely have been a failure. They went down to hell and didn't get back out...but they allowed Furry, Pal, and I to do so, and in the process potentially bring back the key to defeating the Arkons once and for all.

"Rest in peace, valiant soldiers...your courage and valor will never be forgotten."

Sara nodded at Kerry. Crewmen came up to the coffins and stood behind them. Kerry raised his right hand to his forehead, and everyone else followed suit, except for Furry.

As the coffins were gently pushed out into space, Kerry's voice recited the final rite:

"For from the stars we came, and to the stars we return. Those we have honored today have the distinction of making a difference in their brief time with us. May we all be heartened by their example, and carry forth in honor of their memory.

"Farewell, comrades. You shall not be forgotten..."

AlmasterGM, Pal Bixton,
Human SOB Operative
, survives and wins the game, as do the rest of the Humans.
Furry, Leslie "Furry" Hampton,
Human Colonist
, survives and wins the game, as do the rest of the Humans.

The game is now over. Everyone is free to post. Mod comments will be provided in a bit.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:26 pm

Post by Nikanor »

yay, good job guys!
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:29 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

ha
ha
fucking
ha
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:30 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Thank friggen god. I was only like 60-40 on that one and knew it wasnt going to get any better. I think MoI played a great game, and it really was the fact that he played almost exactly like I would have in scum in critical positions that I voted him.

Now Furry is officially retired (unless part 3 of this storyline happens)
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:31 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Good game, everyone.

I want to nominate this game for the flavor text scummy but it seems kinda trivial. It would be like entering a Rembrandt into a middle school art contest.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:33 pm

Post by camn »

Yay!
I knew I could count on you Furry!

In other news.. good game, Magna. You guys made it pretty far for getting slammed so hard so early. Should have killed Furry, though :)
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:34 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Victoire!

That was a good game all round. Well-modded too.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:40 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Oh, and here's where all the dead people went.

(Still no mod comments, my mind is still recovering from that final flavor scene...)

Oh, and
that's
who Furry was...cool.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:12 pm

Post by Feysal »

Looks like I get to be the first of the scum team to offer my congratulations to Furry, and to the town as a whole. Like I said in the dead QT, let no one say I would be a sore loser. This was an enjoyable game, even though I had to see most of it from beyond the veil.

The scum QT can be found here. I already posted the link earlier in the dead QT, so it is no secret anyway. Is there any common policy on whether QuickTopics become public after the game is over? I can't see any reason why they shouldn't be.

If I can make some final comments about the game and my role in it... Everything I said in my confession post was true. Had I been town in this game, you would've seen more of me on day one, and you can be sure I would've defended myself. By the way, I could guess perfectly well that SpyreX had tracked/investigated me, and since I could not make up any role claim I would expect to work, I fully intended to go down in flames and let my partners bus me. As it turned out I never got to try even the half-hearted defense I was planning, since the lynch train formed so fast.

Oh, and LynchMePls, sorry for sucking so badly in this game. It was caused by a combination of issues with time and motivation, and just plain being scum. I will see you again in some other game, hopefully on the town side that time.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:23 pm

Post by camn »

Usually the whole scumteam should agree to link the QT.

If anyone has any objections, they would have to speak up this time!
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:26 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

good job
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:30 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

camn wrote:Yay!
I knew I could count on you Furry!
That makes one of us....

I actually was leaning to a MoI vote for about a week, just really had a hard time getting enough confidence to vote him. I dont like being the one who has to break a tie, I would rather argue why someone should vote with me to break a tie.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:36 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

The Role PMs

The Human Role PMs
Spoiler: Chuck Norris (Slaxx, nopointinactingup, chesskid3)
You were unfortunate to have eccentric parents who named you after a trivial two-dee action hero, and also the source of hundreds of years of poorly-constructed jokes. You were teased and bullied a lot in your high school years, and since you couldn't be bothered to give a fuck about grades anyway, you dropped out of high school at age sixteen and enlisted in the marines.

Despite your lack of academic prowess, you showed yourself to be invaluable in terms of tactical thinking, in addition to being damn good in various forms of combat. After you single-handedly rallied your marines from an apparent defeat to a crushing victory during the Chicago Rebellion of 2479, the Special Operations Branch conscripted you into their Megiddo squad. From there, you've endured countless adventures and hair-raising conflicts, in addition to the good-natured teasing of your compatriots; all of those things pale in comparison to the task the Megiddos now face.

Once you and the rest of your squand landed on Megiddo, it didn't take long to locate and meet up with the few surviving colonists. The Arkon ambush caught all of you off-guard, however, and since the Arkons are jamming planetary communications, the best thing to do is to get the hell off of Liten. Preferably as a human being...

Game Name:
chesskid3
Flavor Name:
Chuck Norris
Flavor Gender:
Male
Flavor Age:
Flavor Role:
Combat Operative
Game Role:
SOB Operative
Role Description:
Even if your name is Chuck Norris, you're just a normal human being, with no special powers conferred onto you.
Alignment:
Human

Win Condition:
You win when all Arkon players have been eliminated.

Please confirm your role via PM. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. The game thread can be found here

Spoiler: Jezebel "Jezzy" Bahha (Data, ThAdmiral)
You possess two distinct personalities. The first aspect is perfectly complacent, always giving the correct answer to a given situation, obediently following orders, and smiling as the praises and accolades are showered upon you. Your other aspect is quite the opposite of the first, believing that you always have the right answer, that no one can do your job better than you, and that your superiors are a bunch of spineless assholes who think too much about keeping their dicks or pussies happy. You've managed to find a sense of balanced harmony between your conflicting personalities that appears amicable to most people, while excelling in your role as a military officer.

Your commanding and tactical prowess led to recruitment by the Special Operations Branch, who assigned you to the Meggido squad. As the third officer in the chain of command, you performed excellently under the command of Major Sedarski, helping the Meggidos to make themselves admired within the confines of the SOB. The Arkons began their assault, and you only showed further brilliance in your role. When the second in command died in combat, you fully expected to be made the second officer. Instead, Sedarski went and got some new hotshot chick to fill the role. As soon as you saw the newcomer, Sara Gaints, it didn't take an expert to see why Sedarski had chosen as she did. It was the same ol' pussy n' dick rule, and you'd never felt inclined to indulge the major's lesbian tendencies.

As the Liten mission progresses, your second aspect is quickly assuming greater control over your mind. By the time the Arkons ambushed the rendezvous with the colonists and slaughtered a good number of your compatriots, you decided to stop taking bullshit from all the shitheads above you in the chain of command. You know there's Arkons in your midst, and that something needs to be done to stop them. Why not administer your own brand of judgment?

On the outside, your first aspect still appears to be in control. Inside, your second aspect is prepared to do whatever is necessary to ensure that you and your human compatriots are able to get the hell off of Liten. Preferably as human beings...

Game Name:
ThAdmiral
Flavor Name:
Jezebel Bahha, AKA "Jezzy"
Flavor Gender:
Female
Flavor Age:
Flavor Role:
Third Officer (Currently Acting Second Officer)
Game Role:
Vigilante
Role Description:
Every night, you may target one player. Unless prevented by another action, you will kill that player. Your kill flavor will change from night to night, but it will always have a military-oriented theme. If you wish, you may suggest a kill flavor for me to use that night, and if I feel it fits the character and setting I'll use it. Otherwise, I'll use one of my own kill flavors, or alter your kill flavor to make it suitable.
(EXAMPLE KILL FLAVOR: Player-X, SOB Operative,
had a hole melted through his head
on Day 0.)
Alignment:
Human

Win Condition:

Please confirm your role via PM. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. The game thread can be found here

Spoiler: Leslie "Furry" Hampton (Furry)
After you murdered Governor Sarah St. Kerrigan, you thought that things were going to take a turn for the better. Yet even as you began to establish the new Liten government, your every dream was haunted by one of two faces: Nik Anorr, your lover, and Sarah St. Kerrigan, the one you blamed for his death. Desperately you tried to forget that either of them existed, and the close relationship the three of you once had; slowly, over time, they faded away into the recesses of your mind, just the way you wanted it to be.

Not long ago, Dr. Gordon found a mysterious alien artifact, one that was not of Arkon origin. Before the scientists could properly study it, however, the Arkons launched a full-scale invasion of Liten, most likely in search of this artifact. Though it left the bitterest of tastes in your mouth, you contacted the UTP and surrendered to them in exchange for a rescue. You do, after all, have the best interests of your people in mind. At least, what's left of them.

You and a few other people, including Dr. Gordon, managed to escape from the capital city of Liten and hide away in the nearby forests. Once you detected the presence of the rescue team, you contacted them and arranged a meeting place. Imagine your surprise when the rescue team arrived and you discovered that Jack Anorr, Nik's twin brother who had left Liten years ago, was one of its members. Now the two ghosts from your past have returned to haunt your thoughts, as if the Arkon threat was not enough to deal with. But then the Arkons ambushed the meeting place, and although they were adeptly defeated, they are jamming all communications on the planet, so it would behoove you and the others to get the hell off of Liten. Preferably as a human being...

Game Name:
Furry
Flavor Name:
Leslie Hampton, AKA "Furry"
Flavor Gender:
Female
Flavor Age:
Flavor Role:
Former Governor of Liten
Game Role:
Colonist
Role Description:
Other than being an ex-governor and a murderer, you're just a normal human being, with no special powers conferred onto you.
Alignment:
Human

Win Condition:

Spoiler: Ingrid Cortega (apathyplusCUPCAKES)
Your life has been about relationships. All your relationships had three things in common: they encompassed people you'd only recently met, they involved steamy sexual escapades, and they only lasted a maximum of three weeks. You hated all the superficiality, yet you couldn't kick the sexual addiction. This continued even after you were conscripted by the military to fight against the Arkons. Your ability to be stealthy and quietly take out your targets made you a prime candidate in the eyes of the Special Operations Branch, and it wasn't long before they recruited you to join their Meggido squad.

There, you met fellow Meggido operative Dylan Roberts. Not only was he content to listen to every word you prattled, sensible or not, he was willing to indulge in all of your sexual fantasies and, more importantly, had the stamina to perform at your intense level. His own musings and speculations were thought-enticing and easily capable of initiating all-night philosophical discussions. He seemed...perfect. Even as the Megiddos repeatedly went through hell together, Dylan was always there, as ready to support you as you were him. As the months passed by without a breakup, you even dared to let yourself believe that you'd finally found your true love.

The Liten mission, without a doubt, is the most challenging assignment the Meggidos have faced yet. Even worse, once you made it to Liten and found the surviving colonists, an Arkon ambushed killed a good number of your comrades, and forced a hasty retreat from the area. With all communications being jammed, the only thing to be done is to get back to the rendezvous point with the
Apollyon
. Dylan's still his regular old self, though...right?

Regardless, the best thing to do now is to get the hell off of Liten. Preferably as a human being...

Game Name:
apathyplusCUPCAKES
Flavor Name:
Ingrid Cortega
Flavor Gender:
Female
Flavor Age:
Flavor Role:
Specialist Operative
Game Role:
Neighbor
Role Description:
During the night and in the pregame, you and Dylan Roberts (Game Name: daniel94581) may converse privately with each other via this quicktopic.

Additionally, during the night, you may collaboratively target another player. If the action is successful, that player will join your Neighborhood; after all, when it comes to sex, the more the merrier! :D This action may only be performed once, and you will not be told the alignment or role of the recruited player. As long as both you and Dylan are alive, you must show agreement on the target choice, either via separate action PMs or quicktopic agreement (in the case of the latter, one of you must still send a PM submitting the recruit action).
Alignment:
Human

Win Condition:

Spoiler: Jack Anorr (Nikanor)
You were born on Liten, but to you the place was always a boring ol' dump, so as soon as you were of proper age, you took a transport off of Liten and went to a medical school in Saint Teresa, the capital city of the UTP planet Sanctuary, where you spent several quiet, uneventful years. When the Arkon invasions began, however, the Union Armed Forces sent recruiters to your medical school in an attempt to persuade young, adventure-seeking students to join the army as medics. Being one of those adventure-seeking students, you accepted the call, and after going through the medic's version of boot camp, you were deployed on the front lines.

The Special Operations Branch saw your performance scores, both in med school and in boot camp, and comandeered you from the Army to serve with the Megiddo squad. Ironically enough, the first place you're being sent to is Liten, your home planet. Apparently the Arkons are after some valuable artifact or something, and since humans are a greedy race, they can't let the Arkons get the whatever.

You weren't quite prepared for the shock you'd feel when you returned to Liten, however. It's hard to comprehend that most of the people you once knew are now dead. When you meet up with the surviving colonists, however, one of them reacts quite strongly to your presence. Furry Hampton, if you recall correctly. There's little time for catching up, however, as the Arkons ambushed the meeting place, forcing a hasty retreat. Now your concern is with two things: helping as many people as you can and getting the hell off of Liten. Preferably as a human being...

Game Name:
Nikanor
Flavor Name:
Jack Anorr
Flavor Gender:
Male
Flavor Age:
Flavor Role:
Specialist Operative
Game Role:
Medic
Role Description:
Every night, you may target one player. If the player is targeted for a kill that night, their death will be delayed by one game-day. All players will be notified that the target is going to die, but role and alignment won't be revealed until the target actually dies.
Alignment:
Human

Win Condition:

"A doctor cures people. A medic just make them more comfortable. While they die."
--Anonymous Soldier, Unknown Date

Spoiler: Wesley Hudson (Twomz)
In a day and age where God's name is almost exclusively restricted to expletives, you have silently kept your faith alive. Ever since you were a child, you'd followed your parents' faith; every night, before bed, you confessed your sins to God and asked forgiveness before falling asleep. You prepared to dedicate your life to God, dropping out of school to join a neo-Catholic monastery on a remote planet near the fringe of UTP space. Surrounded by other children of God, how could you feel uplifted and enlightened? For over a decade, you spent your life in worship to the Creator.

As the draft was forbidden from forcibly taking members of a certified religious organization, you didn't have to enter the war. One night, however, you experienced the most intense vision of your life. In it, God himself, with Jesus at his right hand and an empty seat on the left, looked at you and commanded,

"Go forth, my child, and do your part in my plan to prevent the spawn of Satan from extinguishing my people. Do this, and your faith shall be rewarded."

Unable to get the vision out of your head, you spoke with the abbot, and he agreed that you should temporarily leave the monastery and go join the war effort. You signed up to join the army; yet, despite not having received any combat training of any sort in your life, you were able to pass tests that were meant for veterans. Due to this excellence in skill, the Special Operations Branch recruited you into their Meggido squad.

At first, you tried to discuss your faith with your teammates, but you quickly found them to hardly be the religious type. Afterwards, you let them be, but ensure to visibly demonstrate that you are keeping faith in God. You are one of the few people to not react with some form of fear to the Liten mission. Even when the Arkons massacred a good number of your teammates when they ambushed the rendezvous point with the colonists, you kept your focus on the Lord above, allowing him to guide your every step. And right now, God's will is for you to help your comrades to get the hell off of Liten. Preferably as human beings...

Game Name:
Twomz
Flavor Name:
Wesley Hudson
Flavor Gender:
Male
Flavor Age:
Flavor Role:
Combat Operative
Game Role:
SOB Operative
Role Description:
Other than being a child of God, you're just a normal human being, with no special powers conferred onto you.
Alignment:
Human

Win Condition:

Spoiler: Pal Bixton (AlmasterGM)
People have hated your approach to jobs of any sort. It's not that you refused to do the work, but rather that you complained your ass off as you did so, and just as readily bragged your ass off after doing it. Even though you were an exceptional athlete and martial artist throughout your high school years, the only people who congregated around you were the shallow sycophants that simply leeched off your success to feel better about their own lazy, worthless lives.

Just after you graduated high school, the Arkons began their incursion into human space. The draft quickly made its way to you, but once you ran the gamut at boot camp--whining like a brat all along the way--the Special Operations Branch took you from the Army and assigned you to the Meggido squad, as your innate combat skills weren't easy to come by. It didn't take long for you to become the most reviled member of the Meggidos, but since you saved their asses on more than one occasion, they didn't try to get you reassigned.

The Liten mission, of course, is the most hell-inducing mission you've ever faced, and you complained about it incessantly, at one point inciting a brawl in the
Deborah
's mess hall. Once you actually landed on Liten, things just got worse, especially when a number of good soldiers and colonists died when the Arkons ambushed the designated meeting place. Right now, all you want to do is get the hell off of Liten. Preferably as a human being...

Game Name:
AlmasterGM
Flavor Name:
Pal Bixton
Flavor Gender:
Male
Flavor Age:
Flavor Role:
Combat Operative
Game Role:
SOB Operative
Role Description:
Other than being an annoying, whiny bitch with kick-ass fighting skills, you're just a normal human being, with no special powers conferred onto you.
Alignment:
Human

Win Condition:

Spoiler: Bill Guy (Nero Cain, camn)
As a kid, you fantasized about being a secret agent. You never missed an episode of
077, Agent Extraordinaire
for the nine years that it aired on holo, and you developed elite computer skills in order to create large, fantasy worlds where you could act just the way you'd envision your secret agent alter ego would. Of course, your skills with electronics didn't go unnoticed, and soon the Special Operations Branch deemed you potent enough to conscript you while you were still in high school in order to give you elite computer training.

Three years later, you've picked up on the techniques faster than most of the SOB's other electronics operatives, so they assigned you to the Meggido squad. Although it wasn't quite like being a secret agent, it still felt totally awesome. Your eager bubbliness quickly got on people's nerves, but you couldn't help it. There was plenty of adventure to be had, plenty of challenges to occupy the mind--what more could you ask for?

Then you faced your first mission: the infiltration of Liten. Once you knew the taste of battle, you knew that you'd made a big mistake. This was further amplified when a good number of your squadmates were killed when the Arkons ambushed the rendezvous point with the colonists. You haven't been able to break through the planetary communications jamming the Arkons have set up, so your only option is to fall back to the extraction point and get the hell off of Liten. Preferably as a human being...

Game Name:
camn
Flavor Name:
Billy Guy
Flavor Gender:
Male
Flavor Age:
Flavor Role:
Electronics Operative
Game Role:
SOB Operative
Role Description:
Other than your electronics expertise, you're just a normal human being, with no special powers conferred onto you.
Alignment:
Human

Win Condition:

Spoiler: Travis Knull (SpyreX)
You were once a regular scout in the UTP Armed Forces. You grew sick of risking your life in pointless conflicts which only served to showcase some distant general's strategy skills, so you deserted the army and managed to sneak onto the fringe colony of Liten. There, you lead a quiet, peaceful life, where people, for the most part, managed to live in amicable fashion.

The tranquil existence ceased after Furry Hampton successfully revolted against the Liten government, stymieing an Arkon infiltration effort in the process. She declared that Liten would stand firm against the UTP's mandate that they would war with whatever colonies refused to join with them. Fearing military retaliation from both the UTP and the Arkons, she immediately began militarization of the population. This time, you entered the drills with heart; you had become a Liten, and you'd be damned if the bureaucratic oafs in the UTP came to take away Liten's freedom. After noticing your still formidable combat skills, Furry quickly appointed you to be in charge of Liten's newfound militia.

When the scientists found the alien artifact, however, all hell broke loose. Despite your vehement protests, Furry surrended to the UTP and used the alien artifact as an incentive to send help to the colony. The two with you, along with a few other colonists, barely managed to escape the capital city alive. Although you cooperated with Furry officially, inside you loathed her decision to take the easy way out instead of standing firm against evil and corruption.

Not long afterwards, an SOB team arrived on Liten to extract the colonists and the alien artifact. An Arkon ambush disrupted escape plans, however, and in the resulting chaos you happened upon an operative who had scouting equipment in his possession. Feeling that your old scouting skills would be needed once again, you took the equipment for yourself. Since the Arkons are jamming planetary communications, the only thing to do is to fall back to the Meggidos' extraction point and get the hell off of Liten. Preferably as a human being...

Game Name:
Spyrex
Flavor Name:
Travis Knull
Flavor Gender:
Male
Flavor Age:
Flavor Role:
Former Commander of the Liten Militia
Game Role:
Scout
Role Description:
During the night, you may select one, and only one, of the following actions:
Remote Surveillance:
You plant ROCs (Remote Observation Cameras) outside a single player's insta-house. At the end of the night, you will learn how many people targeted the player that night. Unfortunately, the ROCs' night vision quality has been degraded due to battle damage, so you will be unable to see exactly who targeted your player.
Path Tracing:
You observe another player for the rest of the night; if that player performs an action, you will learn who the player targeted. Unfortunately, since you can't have your eyes everywhere at once and you have to stay back a safe distance, the odds that you'll be able to spot someone visiting the player are so astronomically small as to be called nonexistent.
Alignment:
Human

Win Condition:

Spoiler: Mac "Psycho" O'Leary (LynchMePls)
If you didn't happen to be in the Special Operations Branch, you'd probably be hospitalized for psychopathy. You can't quite explain your blood lust or your urge to laugh maniacally as you administer your kills. Perhaps it was all the villains you portrayed as a young lad, acting out the diabolical lives of criminal masterminds. No, that was an effect. Truth be told, you just love the concept of chaos, and your continual habit of straddling the line between sanity and insanity produces a most interesting point of view.

After you joined the army to find some chaos, you became a very proficient heavy soldier, frequently utilizing shoulder-mounted laser cannons, tactical nukes, and other destuctive devices. As a result, the SOB recruited you and put you on the Meggidos, where you make constant application of your deadly craft. It isn't enough to simply eliminate the target; you gotta make sure that bitch is dead as sin. Ain't that the honest truth?

While others viewed the Liten mission as the greatest challenge of their lives, you simply see more chaos, more carnage, more craziness. After the Arkons ambushed the rendezvous with the colonist and massacred a good number of Meggidos, you were the only person who could still be found laughing at the end of it all. Despite all this, you know better than to start randomly offing your buddies in order to find out which of them are Arkons. If one decides to show itself, you know what to do with it. Right now, the orders are just to get the hell off of Liten. Preferably as a human being...

Game Name:
LynchMePlz
Flavor Name:
Mac O'Leary, AKA "Psycho"
Flavor Gender:
Male
Flavor Age:
Flavor Role:
Heavy Combat Operative
Game Role:
SOB Operative
Role Description:
Other than being two petunias short of insanity, you're just a normal human being, with no special powers conferred onto you.
Alignment:
Human

Win Condition:

Spoiler: Arthur Williams (danakillsu)
Throughout your life, you've been a bit of a know-it-all. Regrettably for you, you never quite seemed to realize just how much it pissed people off when you stepped in and solved all their problems for them. You always chalked it up to your condition of Asperger's syndrome, your habit of taking people's words too literally.

Due to your considerable intellect, the Special Operations Branch conscripted you to work for their Intelligence Division. Once they found out you were also proficient in combat, able to diagnose almost any mechanical problem nigh instantly, and highly adaptable to changing battlefield conditions, you were reassigned from a desk job to field operations, where you worked with the Meggido squad. Although the hells you and the Meggidos went through brought you close together with the rest of the squad, there was still resentment for your tendency to butt your head in to fix their every problem.

The Liten mission, though the most dangerous assignment you've ever been given, didn't faze you in the slightest. As you met up with the surviving colonists, however, the Arkons ambushed you and forced a hasty retreat. Since you can't be certain which of your comrades are now impersonated by Arkons, you've taken it upon yourself to retrieve Medic Larson's equipment from his body, and are prepared to administer treatment in his stead. Beyond that, all you can really do is try to get the hell off of Liten. Preferably as a human being...

Game Name:
danakillsu
Flavor Name:
Arthur Williams
Flavor Gender:
Male
Flavor Age:
Flavor Role:
Combat Operative
Game Role:
Medic
Role Description:
Every night, you may target one player. If the player is targeted for a kill that night, their death will be delayed by one game-day. All players will be notified that the target is going to die, but role and alignment won't be revealed until the target actually dies.
Alignment:
Human

Win Condition:

"A doctor cures people. A medic just make them more comfortable. While they die."
--Anonymous Soldier, Unknown Date

Spoiler: Simona Sanchez (Bowser, Untrod Tripod)
Life, to you, was never meant to be taken too seriously, so you made it your personal mission to always try and put a humorous spin on things. It got you into plenty of trouble with teachers and later, after you were drafter, with superior officers. Normally, it would be a good excuse to get you out of fighting, which would've suited you fine; unfortunately, the Special Operations Branch saw use in your comedic talents, and you could handle a weapon decently enough, so they conscripted you to serve in their Meggido squad.

Although you really don't care for all the fighting, you do enjoy keeping up the spirits of your comrades, and often you and Geordi, the Meggido's self-appointed musical prodigy, would team together to deliver loads of fun to take the edge off whatever hell all of you had just endured, or just simply to pass the time. You also weren't averse to some good ol' carnal entertainment, from time to time.

Of course, the Liten mission is the biggest challenge the Meggidos have faced yet, and it gets even worse when a good number of your comrades are slaughtered by the Arkons. Even you are finding it taxing to put a light spin on things, which makes it even more important that you get the hell off of Liten. Preferably as a human being...

Game Name:
Untrod Tripod
Flavor Name:
Simona Sanchez
Flavor Gender:
Female
Flavor Age:
Flavor Role:
Morale Operative
Game Role:
SOB Operative
Role Description:
Other than being a total laugh, you're just a normal human being, with no special powers conferred onto you.
Alignment:
Human

Win Condition:

Spoiler: Joshua Gordon (Thor665)
Liten was good to you. You didn't have to deal with the dreadful bureaucracy that plagued the UTP, you could study Liten's xenobiology and simply enjoy it, and you had a beautiful wife who was perfectly content to raise the kids and keep house while you reveled in your observations. When Governor Sarah St. Kerrigan was rumored to be considering an alliance with the UTP to gain protection from the distant Arkons, you were fearful for the future. Then good ol' Furry survived the tumultuous lynch mob that St. Kerrigan initiated and took control of the government, and her declaration to stand against the UTP made you happy once more.

Life never went back to completely normal, though. First, Furry appointed you as the colony's new lead scientist, following Dr. York's death; this brought a whole host of new, annoying responsibilities. On top of that, Furry demanded that the colonists begin training in combat techniques, in the event of UTP or Arkon assault. While you understood the necessity, it still grated against your peaceful, scientific nature.

When an exploration team discovered the alien artifact, you felt unbridled excitement, further intensified when you realized that the artifact was not Arkon in origin. Alas, before you could fully study the artifact, the Arkons launched a full-scale invasion of Liten. To your dismay, Furry promptly surrendered to the UTP in exchange for military assistance. As if that wasn't terrible enough, your entire family was massacred by the vile Arkons. You barely were able to help Furry and a small band of colonists break out of the capital city with the alien artifact.

Somehow, you managed to avoid being detected by the Arkons as you waited to see whether the UTP would choose to intervene. They sent an SOB team, whose primary concern was with the alien artifact. Then the Arkons ambushed you, slaughtered so many of you, and only a hasty retreat prevented total disaster. Now, your primary concern is with getting the hell off of Liten. Preferably as a human being...

Game Name:
Thor665
Flavor Name:
Joshua Gordon
Flavor Gender:
Female
Flavor Age:
Flavor Role:
Former Lead Scientist of Liten
Game Role:
Colonist
Role Description:
Other than being a dedicated scientist, you're just a normal human being, with no special powers conferred onto you.
Alignment:
Human

Win Condition:

[MODNOTE]:
Due to a copy-paste fail, Thor's Flavor Gender is listed as female instead of male, a fact that he humorously referenced in a few of his future posts, and which I myself poked fun at in his death scene.

Spoiler: Dylan Richards (daniel94581, Cogito Ergo Sum)
You're used to being the strong, silent type. Because of your attitude, girls have often flocked to you with their problems, exchanging ear time for bed time. It's been a deal that's worked out decently enough for you, but you couldn't help but feel slightly above the women who've shared themselves with you. Or perhaps that was just an after effect of your less common variation on male prostitution.

When the Arkons began assaulting the human race, the draft found you swiftly enough. Your stamina proved to be extraordinary, but it was your innate ability to psychoanalyze other humans that caught the attention of the Special Operations Branch. It wasn't long before they recruited you and assigned you to the Megiddo squad. There, you met fellow operative Ingrid Muenster. Like the other women you'd known, she was prone to excessive chitchat; unlike the other women, however, she was perfectly willing to engage in philosophical diatribe with you, step by step, even if she didn't always understand all the concepts you brought up. To top it off, she was by far the best sexual performer you'd ever consummated, and that was including the three-night stand with Miss Utopia. Even as the Meggidos went through hell time and time again, Ingrid was always there, as ready to support you as you were her. She was...perfect. You even dared to let yourself believe that you loved her.

Then the Liten mission came along, by far the toughest assignment you and the Meggidos would face yet. Things seemed to go fine, until the rendezvous with the surviving colonists. Then an Arkon ambushed took out a number of good troops and forced a rapid retreat. With communications being jammed, the only thing to do is fall back to the extraction point and wait for the
Apollyon
. At least Ingrid's still her same old self...right?

Regardless, the best thing to do now is get the hell off of Liten. Preferably as a human being...

Game Name:
Cogito Ergo Sum
Flavor Name:
Dylan Richards
Flavor Gender:
Male
Flavor Age:
Flavor Role:
Morale Operative
Game Role:
Neighbor
Role Description:
During the night and in the pregame, you and Ingrid Muenster (Game Name: apathyplusCUPCAKES) may converse privately with each other via this quicktopic.

Additionally, during the night, you may collaboratively target another player. If the action is successful, that player will join your Neighborhood; after all, when it comes to sex, the more the merrier! :D This action may only be performed once, and you will not be told the alignment or role of the recruited player. As long as both you and Ingrid are alive, you must show agreement on the target choice, either via separate action PMs or quicktopic agreement (in the case of the latter, one of you must still send a PM submitting the recruit action).
Alignment:
Human

Win Condition:

The Arkon Role PMs
[MODNOTE]:
These PMs were the reason the role assigning process took as long as it did. >_>

Spoiler: Evelyn "Kestrel" Falconi, AKA Vrytag Akkeisoon ae Yuuikoolde Makketpaal (MagnaofIllusion)
In the seventy-odd years of your young life, you've become well versed in the ways of taikompesen. In particular, your shapeshifting skills have garnered significant renown, which led to the honorable opportunity to be allowed to compete within the Shutsuskadu Rolkubun. You are also one of the few Arkons to have the privilege of acquiring a fourth name at such a young age. When strydbaruwed was initiated with the newfound alien race, the Akuhitoslik, your shapeshifting skills proved up to the task of hitoslik shapecraft, something not many Arkons were able to do. As a result, the Shukot of the Infiltration Division put you on the shinskadu team Malkyou, along with three other infiltrators.

Malkyou was among the military units sent to invade the hitoslik colony they call Liten and retrieve the newly-discovered Onaangee Gietsuk, only the second such device found in Arkon history. Although misuse resulted in the first Gietsuk's destruction, the technological advantage it lent the Arkons was immense, and it most assuredly was the reason the Arkons have triumphed in strydbaruwed over seven other alien species. It would be most disadvantageous to allow the pathetic akuhitoslik a chance to acquire a Gietsuk.

Along with an algebatto unit, you and the rest of Malkyou have ambushed a hitoslik junskadu team sent to retrieve the Geitsuk. In the confusion, you and your fellow akuhitoskadu assassinated and assimilated the identities of four akuhitoslik. Although you could simply slaughter the rest of the akuhitoslik now, Malkyou has an opportunity to use this mission to infiltrate the Funiskadu that brought them here, and an opportunity to examine hitoslik skadu technology--the one area where they are more advanced than the Arkons. Considering that success would likely mean acquisition of a fifth name and a chance to compete on the Shuk level, you have agreed to join the rest of Malkyou in attempting this charuitji...

Game Name:
MagnaofIllusion
Arkon Name:
Vrytag Akkeisoon ae Yuuikoolde Makketpaal
Arkon Age:
Game Role:
Hitoskadu
Team Description:
As a part of the shinskadu team Malkyou, you are impersonating a member of the human junskadu, along with three fellow akuhitoskadu: Haburikrag ae Kalmoku Magriki (Feysal), who is simply a Hitoskadu, like you; Shuk Shinwaar ae Tantlok Fokasugaan ae Tsukukrag Salkigou (Square Obscure), who is also a Shuk ou Kogee Verdetate; and Shuk Abunabed Iwarots ae Roershif Faundegrond (Nobody Special), who is also a Shuk ou Kogee Komimi.

The four of you may talk with each other at any time, day or night, via Kogee Praatshab. In addition, you may collaboratively decide on a person to kill via Kogee Valbatsu. One of you must submit an action PM to me in order for the kill order to count, and you must also submit the name of the person carrying out the Kogee Valbatsu.
Role Description:
As a simple Hitoskadu, you have no special abilities other than those previously mentioned.
Alignment:
Arkon

Win Condition:
You win when the Arkons comprise at least fifty percent of all living players, or nothing can prevent such from occurring.

Your basic assimilation of your victim's memory has revealed this information about her life.

Flavor Name: Evelyn Falconi, AKA "Kestrel"
Flavor Gender: Female
Flavor Age: 25
Flavor Role: Reconnaissance Operative

You've always had an uncanny gut feeling. When your father died in an orbital collision while you were a child, you'd felt a terrible queasiness fall all over your body, long before the first casualty report was even posted. At age sixteen, the explosion at the Malgrim Research Facility occurred, killing your boyfriend of three years as he was visiting his father at work. Once again, you felt a terrible nausea, even though you didn't hear about the explosion until days later.

Eventually, a Special Operations Branch domestic operative heard of you, and immediately you were signed on by the SOB as a part of their secret Psychic Development Program. There, you were put through rigorous testing and training, and eventually your gut feeling was conditioned to the point that you could use your gut to detect hostile forces almost a good half kilometer before a conventional infantry motion tracker. As a result, you were given supplemental training as a field operative and, upon finishing that, received an assignment with the Meggido squad.

You interacted with the other members of your squad, initially just to improve the efficiency of your gut. As you and the other Meggidos survived suicide mission after suicide mission, however, the forced friendships developed into meaningful bonds. Now, undertaking the Arkon mission, you're prepared to do your best in giving your comrades the advantage they need to successfully complete the mission.

Somehow, the Arkon ambush managed to catch you completely off guard. You hadn't even known the Arkons were nearby until their trap was sprung. As you and the surviving Meggidos and colonists break away from the horrid scene, the primary concern now revolves around getting the hell off of Liten. Preferably as a human being...

Spoiler: Marsha "Black Cat" Thompson, AKA Shuk Abunabed Iwarots ae Roershif Faundegrond (Nobody Special, HackerHuck)
You've always been klienkakaku, the underdog in akutaikompesen. It's not that you were bad, but every time you competed there would always be someone better. You worked diligently, though, and eventually you began to win in taikompesen. Still the Akushukot ignored you, and it wasn't until your one hundred and twenty-fourth year that you were awarded your fourth name. Desperate to prove your worth, you pitted your skills in Kogee Komimi against six Akushuk of the art, and triumphed over all six. As a result, the Shukot of Shutsuskadu Rolkubun awarded you the title of Shuk and allowed you to change your taikompesen to that Rolkubun. Even after proving your mastery of Kogee Komimi, you did not receive the respect you felt you deserved. Thus, you engaged in verbal taikompesen with the Shukot to allow you to join a worthy taikompesen; the result was assignment to the skadu team Malkyou, something considerably beneath your station; nevertheless, you endured the humiliation.

Malkyou was among the military units sent to invade the hitoslik colony they call Liten and retrieve the newly-discovered Onaangee Gietsuk, only the second such device found in Arkon history. Although misuse resulted in the first Gietsuk's destruction, the technological advantage it lent the Arkons was immense, and it most assuredly was the reason the Arkons have triumphed in strydbaruwed over seven other alien species. It would be most disadvantageous to allow the pathetic akuhitoslik a chance to acquire a Gietsuk.

Along with an algebatto unit, you and the rest of Malkyou have ambushed a hitoslik junskadu team sent to retrieve the Geitsuk. In the confusion, you and your fellow akuhitoskadu assassinated and assimilated the identities of four akuhitoslik. Although you could simply slaughter the rest of the akuhitoslik now, Malkyou has an opportunity to use this mission to infiltrate the Funiskadu that brought them here, and an opportunity to examine hitoslik skadu technology--the one area where they are more advanced than the Arkons. Considering that success would undeniably prove your inherent skill as a competitor and as a Shuk ou Kogee Komimi, you have agreed to join the rest of Malkyou in attempting this charuitji...

Game Name:
HackerHuck
Arkon Name:
Shuk Abunabed Iwarots ae Roershif Faundegrond
Arkon Age:
Game Role:
Shuk ou Kogee Komimi
Team Description:
As a part of the shinskadu team Malkyou, you are impersonating a member of the human junskadu, along with three fellow akuhitoskadu: Haburikrag ae Kalmoku Magriki (Feysal) and Vrytag Akkeisoon ae Yuuikoolde Makketpaal (MagnaofIllusion), who are simply Hitoskadu, and Shuk Shinwaar ae Tantlok Fokasugaan ae Tsukukrag Salkigou (Square Obscure), who is also a Shuk ou Kogee Verdetate.

The four of you may talk with each other at any time, day or night, via Kogee Praatshab. In addition, you may collaboratively decide on a person to kill via Kogee Valbatsu. One of you must submit an action PM to me in order for the kill order to count, and you must also submit the name of the person carrying out Kogee Valbatsu.
Role Description:
At nighttime, as a Shuk ou Kogee Verdetate, you may establish a mental block in the mind of a player of your choice. Unless interfered with by another action, that player will be unable to perform any action that night. You cannot perform Kogee Verdetate and Kogee Valbatsu on the same night.
Alignment:
Arkon

Win Condition:
You win when the Arkons comprise at least fifty percent of all living players, or nothing can prevent such from occurring.

Your basic assimilation of your victim's memory has revealed this information about her life.

Flavor Name:
Marsha Thompson, AKA "Black Cat"
Flavor Gender:
Female
Flavor Age:
Flavor Role:
Munitions Operative

At one point in your life, you knew how to love people, even getting engaged to a man named Dean Lockheart when you were twenty-one. A mere month before you were to be wed, however, a group of gangsters kidnapped, raped, and tortured your future husband for the entertainment factor, and by the time they were through with him, Dean had succumbed to death's embrace. Simultaneously grief-stricken and enraged, you took your custom-built laser pistol, hunted down each and every motherfucker responsible for Dean's death, and remorselessly terminated them.

The city police uncovered evidence that you committed the murders, and would have moved in to arrest you had the Special Operations Branch not interfered on your behalf. As compensation, they conscripted you to work with the Black Star team. Your innate skill with handling, modifying, and constructing a wide array of firearms, combined with Gun-Katsu prowess, impressed your teammates. In 2483, a miscue on the part of Intelligence resulted in the deaths of every single Black Star except for you. Again, you felt numb, but the SOB quickly reassigned you to a new team and sent you on a deep-space assignment before your desire for vengeance kicked in. Less than two months later, this new team was also utterly exterminated except for you; upon reassignment to the Meggidos, your new squadmates quickly nicknamed you "Black Cat".

Although nothing drastically unfortunate occurred after you became a Meggido, you took to the habit of staying practically aloof from the rest of your squad, and they let you do it. You found bitter solace in the company of your weapons. Inanimate objects, yet when you treated them right, they'd never betray you. You've even taken to naming your personal weaponry: your laser rifle is "Sherry", your laser pistol is "Madeline", and you vibration knife is "Judith". You aren't the first soldier to name their weaponry, but you are one of the few to talk to them as if they were actual people.

In 2186, the event you pessimistically expected to occur seems to have arrived. The mission to Liten has just gone horribly wrong, with the Arkons ambushing the rendezvous between the Meggidos and the colonists. Now, with planetary communications jammed and a good number of Meggidos dead, your primary concern is to get the hell off of Liten. Preferably as a human being...

Spoiler: Geordi Moss, AKA Haburikrag ae Kalmoku Magriki (Feysal)
You are a rather pathetic excuse for an Arkon. After all, it took you seventy years to score just high enough to be allowed to compete in the Kikyplek section of the Sosikaal, and as a mere bubensol for the Algebatto Rolkubun at that. When strydbaruwed was initiated against a new alien species, the Akuhitoslik, it was discovered via a widespread test that you were quite adept at shapeshifting into hitoslik form. As a result, you were taken out of the Algebatto Rolkubun and put on the shinskadu team Malkyou, along with three other members of the Shutsuskadu Rolkubun.

Along with an algebatto unit, you and the rest of Malkyou have ambushed a hitoslik junskadu team sent to retrieve the Geitsuk. In the confusion, you and your fellow akuhitoskadu assassinated and assimilated the identities of four akuhitoslik. Although you could simply slaughter the rest of the akuhitoslik now, Malkyou has an opportunity to use this mission to infiltrate the Funiskadu that brought them here, and an opportunity to examine hitoslik skadu technology--the one area where they are more advanced than the Arkons. Knowing the immense amount of glory that stands to be reaped from successfully accomplishing this venture, you and the rest of Malkyou have consented to attempting this charuitji...

Game Name:
Feysal
Arkon Name:
Haburikrag ae Kalmoku Magriki
Arkon Age:
Game Role:
Hitoskadu
Team Description:
As a part of the shinskadu team Malkyou, you are impersonating a member of the human junskadu, along with three fellow akuhitoskadu: Vrytag Akkeisoon ae Yuuikoolde Makketpaal (MagnaofIllusion), who is simply a Hitoskadu, like you; Shuk Shinwaar ae Tantlok Fokasugaan ae Tsukukrag Salkigou (Square Obscure), who is also a Shuk ou Kogee Verdetate; and Shuk Abunabed Iwarots ae Roershif Faundegrond (Nobody Special), who is also a Shuk ou Kogee Komimi.

The four of you may talk with each other at any time, day or night, via Kogee Praatshab. In addition, you may collaboratively decide on a person to kill via Kogee Valbatsu. One of you must submit an action PM to me in order for the kill order to count, and you must also submit the name of the person carrying out the Kogee Valbatsu.
Role Description:
As a simple Hitoskadu, you have no special abilities other than those previously mentioned.
Alignment:
Arkon

Win Condition:

Your basic assimilation of your victim's memory has revealed this information about his life.

Flavor Name: Geordi Moss
Flavor Gender: Male
Flavor Age: 27
Flavor Role: Morale Operative

You were a musical prodigy with the misfortune to be the child of poor parents on Earth. After slogging your way through the mandatory school years, you signed on with the army because at least it was a crap job that took you around the galaxy. Although you were decent enough in combat, your real value came from using your musical talents to lift the morale of the troops around you. It wasn't long before the Special Operations Branch took notice of your unique abilities and conscripted you into the Meggido squad.

Since then, you've been an integral part in keeping up the morale of your fellow squad members. They value your presence, and for once you feel like you actually belong, like you truly matter to other people. Even though the hells you and the other Meggidos face are truly terrible, you and Simona, the Megiddos' self-appointed comedian, can bring a happy note to the others' lives.

Even though the invasion of Liten is the most dangerous combat you have faced to date, you feel positive that the Meggidos will once again pull through. Of course, the Arkons caught you and your other squadmates off guard during the rendezvous with the surviving colonists, inflicting severe casualties. With your comrades dying left and right, your main concern now is simply to get the hell off of Liten. Preferably as a human being...

Spoiler: Ellen Abalyski, AKA Shuk Shinwaar ae Tantlok Fokasugaan ae Tsukukrag Salkigou (Square Obscure)
You have proven yourself most resilient in all of your akutaikompesen, and not merely in the realm of shapeshifting. You have worked hard to develop your skill in the art of Kogee Verdetate, and now, in your one hundred and thirtieth year of existence, the Shukot of the Shutsuskadu Rolkubun has seen fit to declare you a Shuk ou Kogee Verdetate, one of the best in your craft. The title also came with a reassignment to the skadu team Malkyou, and you relish the chance at a combat taikompesen.

Along with an algebatto unit, you and the rest of Malkyou have ambushed a hitoslik junskadu team sent to retrieve the Geitsuk. In the confusion, you and your fellow akuhitoskadu assassinated and assimilated the identities of four akuhitoslik. Although you could simply slaughter the rest of the akuhitoslik now, Malkyou has an opportunity to use this mission to infiltrate the Funiskadu that brought them here, and an opportunity to examine hitoslik skadu technology--the one area where they are more advanced than the Arkons. Considering that success would solidify your position as a Shuk of Kogee Verdetate, you have agreed to join the rest of Malkyou in attempting this charuitji...

Game Name:
Square Obscure
Arkon Name:
Shuk Shinwaar ae Tantlok Fokasugaan ae Tsukukrag Salkigou
Arkon Age:
Game Role:
Shuk ou Kogee Verdetate
Team Description:
As a part of the shinskadu team Malkyou, you are impersonating a member of the human junskadu, along with three fellow akuhitoskadu: Haburikrag ae Kalmoku Magriki (Feysal) and Vrytag Akkeisoon ae Yuuikoolde Makketpaal (MagnaofIllusion), who are simply Hitoskadu, and Shuk Abunabed Iwarots ae Roershif Faundegrond (Nobody Special), who is also a Shuk ou Kogee Komimi.

The four of you may talk with each other at any time, day or night, via Kogee Praatshab. In addition, you may collaboratively decide on a person to kill via Kogee Valbatsu. One of you must submit an action PM to me in order for the kill order to count, and you must also submit the name of the person carrying out Kogee Valbatsu.
Role Description:
At nighttime, as a Shuk ou Kogee Verdetate, you may establish a mental barrier around a player of your choice. Unless interfered with by another action, that player will be immune to death that night. You are allowed to use Kogee Verdetate on yourself; however, you cannot perform Kogee Verdetate and Kogee Valbatsu on the same night.
Alignment:
Arkon

Win Condition:

Flavor Name:
Ellen Abalyski
Flavor Gender:
Female
Flavor Age:
Flavor Role:
Morale Operative

You always wanted to be a real chef when you were growing up. From the first time you created macaroni and cheese from scratch as a child to the third time you won the Philo planet-wide cook-off as a high-school graduate, the passion for food has fueled your life. You rode a scholarship through a prestigious cooking academy on Bluesky and worked for a restaurant of interstellar renown before returning to your home planet at age twenty-five to open your own restaurant,
Abalyski's
. After almost five years of operation,
Abalyski's
was on track for an interstellar rating.

Of course, that's when the Arkons decided to attack the human race, prompting the UTP to initiate a draft. Since you always had good muscle development due to habitual workouts, the draft picked you up and threw you in with the rest of the army grunts. There, you made a name for yourself by preparing standard rations in a way that were actually delicious. Realizing that they couldn't let your talents be squandered by the chaps in the army, the Special Operations Branch recruited you and assigned you to their Meggido squad.

There, you've toughed through some wretched scenarios, but at the end of it all you could always come up with a good meal out of nothing more than methane and granite dust, and your teammates loved you for it. The Liten mission proved to be a different story altogether. The Arkon ambush claimed the lives of many of your friends, and of the Meggidos and colonists who still remain alive, there is not much hope. You'll help raise morale when you can, but ultimately you just need to get the hell off of Liten. Preferably as a human being...

Some Thoughts from the Mod

1. The final word count for the in-game flavor is 45,773 words. When the Role PM word count is tacked onto that, it becomes 55,118 words. I didn't even bother tracking down the Night Action PMs, but regardless, I did a
hell
of a lot of writing this game, even more than I'd originally anticipated (and I was already anticipating a flavor-heavy game). That said, at least I managed to actually finish the flavor process on time and make the final scene that much more poignant.

2. I am self-admittedly a flavor mod, but despite the quality of the story I presented, even I have to say I went overboard on this one. I let the story go wherever the hell it wanted to go, and I feel that this might've detracted a bit from the overall quality of the game (particularly when I got way behind on the flavor). One of the things I will have to do during my hiatus is reevaluate how I handle the flavor process of a game. I refuse to make low-quality flavor, but at the same time, there is a difference between doing well and doing too much.

3. The major new role in this game was the Medic, and despite putting two of them in the game, they still managed to die by Night 1's end. While frustrating, at least it was a humorous reminder of Murphy's Law. This role will be showing up in one of my games again at some point in the future, if only so I can actually see it in action.

4. The setup I felt was a little swingy (with a Vig and an Arkon Doc), but even though the Arkon Doc got lynched Day 1, the Vig misfired enough times that the Arkons weren't truly hurt by this loss. Then both the town protective roles went down Night 1, and a deathfest ensued. All in all, I'm happy with the setup (minus the minor fail on the Scout role, yet another half-decent attempt by me to make a combo investigative role).

5. Congratulations to the town on their first victory in one of my games! At first, I thought town had the sure victory, especially when they had all but one Arkon dead by Day 4. Magna played a hell of a game, though, and managed to take it right down to the wire. Yet another dramatic finish to a SaintKerrigan game (minus the cult controversy, lol).

6. I dropped a fairly obvious hint in the endgame scene for an upcoming game of mine that I'm expecting to overshadow Return to Liten in terms of epic scale, and not just in the flavor realm. It's been in development for over half a year, so I figured I'd go ahead and soft-advertise it. It's definitely not being run until summer at the earliest, though. (Just to drop a hint on how epic this game will be, one of the mechanics is going to revolutionize the entire player flavor and role aspect. Think RPG, but in a mafia game, and you'll get an idea of where I'm going with the mechanic.)

7. There
are
tentative idea concepts for a third Liten game, but as of now that's all there is. That said, if Liten 3 were to be run I'd definitely try to bring back the surviving characters to play a part in it.

Thanks for playing my game. It was a pleasure modding all of you (even if the flavor writing was hellish at times), and I'd love to see all of you in one of my games again.
Last edited by SaintKerrigan on Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:42 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Both medics being shot day one was kind of a "O.O".

Was fun to see how MOI would deal with the last few days, especially with the HH bus.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:42 pm

Post by Katsuki »

*after the HH bus
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:56 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

AlmasterGM wrote:Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Good game, everyone.

I want to nominate this game for the flavor text scummy but it seems kinda trivial. It would be like entering a Rembrandt into a middle school art contest.
Seconded.

Excellent work everyone, especially furry and Agm obviously.
I think motm should go to MOI though, who played a great game against the odds.
LlamaFluff wrote:Now Furry is officially retired (unless part 3 of this storyline happens)
So
that's
who furry was!
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:44 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Lol gg, I thought it was Furry for reasons I can't remember, though that might have changed if I had kept up.

Camn was obvtown after the Hacker thing I thought, AGM was town in a way I truly couldn't describe.

MoI had it rough, there were only so many people that were actually gonna get mislynched, I think he did well trying to pick up the pieces.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:21 am

Post by Feysal »

"Think RPG, but in a mafia game..." I've seen something like that done off-site. It was not pretty. Of course I can't guess how RPG-like you are thinking here, but the game I'm talking about was a mess.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:30 am

Post by Thor665 »

Huzzah for our side.

Most of my viable thoughts beyond that are in the dead QT so no worries. Look forward to playing with all of you again sometime (though I reserve the right to mock chess' gut reads ;) )
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:49 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Feysal wrote:"Think RPG, but in a mafia game..." I've seen something like that done off-site. It was not pretty. Of course I can't guess how RPG-like you are thinking here, but the game I'm talking about was a mess.
I guess I should clarify that I'm thinking more along the lines of video game RPG mechanics (like Dragon Age: Origins) versus something where everyone is forced to actually roleplay (I've never found that to work too well within the confines of a mafia game).

Essentially, there will be a Character Creation System, where every player gets to tech up specific skills that enhance their ability to play the game; additionally, there will be an option for every player to at least have some choice in who their flavor character is. On top of that, the Sleep Cycle and the Item and Inventory mechanics have both been revamped, and the game will have a hurt/heal-type mechanic that replaces the standard lynch (see the War in Heaven games to get an idea about the hurt/heal mechanic), and the game will end after a specific period of time
not
told to the players (unless someone wins the game first). (In retrospect, this all could probably have gone into the Game Announcement thread, but whatever. You guys get to hear it first.)

So yeah, I might as well straight-up say it: Descent into Chaos II is coming out this year, hopefully in the summer. With excellent flavor, of course...
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:04 am

Post by Feysal »

That actually sounds similar to the game I was referring to. What we had there was a Warcraft-themed game where some people could choose their character class, stats and flavor name. The stats were needed for combat, where all players had the ability to attack, defend or escape. The problem was that resolving the battles took several actions, and since the participants of the battles could not be online at the same time with the mod, only two fights ever came to happen, both with prearranged actions. Our problem was a tight 48-hour deadline for days, which simply did not allow for drawn-out battles, and stalling a fight on purpose was liberally abused. I guess these would be less of a problem here.

Anyway, that sounds like exactly the type of game I would enjoy. I always go for games with interesting mechanics.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am

Post by Wraith »

Fun fact: Furry has survived to the endgame of both Liten games.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am

Post by Wraith »

Also: @SK: Is Red vs. Blue Mafia based on the series, or something else?
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:09 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Wraith wrote:Also: @SK: Is Red vs. Blue Mafia based on the series, or something else?
Yes, it is based on the series. (Well, currently the first five seasons, but that part isn't set in stone.)

@ Feysal: Yeah, with the way DiC II will be set up all actions resolve at the end of a phase (and there's four phases per game-day, with each phase lasting three rl days), so waiting for people to get online won't be an issue. Your example is not far off from what I'm planning, except the stats (or attributes, as I'm calling them) extend to more than the combat (hurt/heal) mechanic. There's magical items in the game separate from the combat items, and these will have abilities more related to actual "roles" in mafia games (like cop, doc, and roleblocker).

If you're interested in this, you might be interested in reading the first Descent into Chaos game, since some of the mechanics in the sequel were present in the first one.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”