chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:12 am

Post by chesskid3 »

probably should read more than the first 5 pages hmm
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:19 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Well the long and winding road has finally came to an end …

First off let me say thank you to SaintK for once again providing a stellar game experience. I appreciate the flavor don’t mind it coming in waves given the volume and detail involved.

Congratulations to the Town for winning a Saint K game for once.

I’d like to apologize to my scum teammates for not doing a better job and brining the game home. This was, IMO, my worst game ever on-site as scum. Not surprisingly it is also my first Scum loss.

Another interesting fact - this is only my second 3 person LYLO on site and I've lost both. Nik might remember helping Sotty along to a scum victory in a Newbie game aided by my apathy.

General thoughts

Town pretty much had this sewed up by second Night. Far too many players we knew were likely to become confirmed Town (ThaD, CES, APC) and too many players who were playing solid obv-Town games (Furry, camn after replacement, Thor IMO).

I think the most under-rated turning point in the game was Nero Cain’s flake that led to camn’s replacing in. That changed that slot from grade-A mislynch bait to obv-Town.

I got a lot of laughs out of Katsuki’s posts in the dead QT. Hey, for once your MoI is scum posts actually turned out to be true. I guess you call someone scum enough and the percentages make you right eventually.

My Day 1 play was bad. Katsuki, despite the craptastic way he presented it, was dead-on. I flip-flopped way too much on Square as opposed to just pushing him.

My fake-claim, as the Mafia QT shows, was crafted based on the flavor provided in my role PM. I thought it was interesting that before the last day Furry stated that AGM was absolved by the Commuter claim but on the final day said it was suspect. :D

In the end after losing Players on the first two Days the number of confirmed roles and obv-Town players made it too much of an uphill battle.

After Hacker’s death (yeah, I bussed him hardcore) I can’t see that I’d make many different choices.

Not killing ThAd immediately after both a Doctor and Role-blocker flipped would be an immediate signal that remaining scum were NOT in the obv-target group. I couldn't risk that ThAd would see that (or someone would point it out to him) and a wild-ass shot at night ends the game.

CES was confirmed Town by Hacker’s flip. He couldn’t be left anywhere close to endgame.

I almost killed AGM for the lulz. Had camn not posted “Very curious” when I hammered Chess I might well have gone that route.

@AGM
– Town MoI would react exactly the same to your stupid “To Good to Be Alive” argument. At the site I used to play at it was part of the meta for myself and about 2 other good players and led Mafians to leave us alive and use that argument when our reads were not strong. It’s inherently a fail argument.

Overall I think everyone for the most part played a good game, once exception I will not name included.

This is the Ghost of the Last Arkon, signing off …
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:32 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Thanks, Magna.

Also, fun fact: Pal Bixton is a modified anagram of Bill Paxton, the name of the actor who played Hudson in
Aliens
. It isn't coincidental that the two characters have a similar behavior... :)

Another fun fact:
Aliens
in general was a large source of inspiration behind the story theme of Return to Liten, and there were at least a couple of references to that movie beyond Pal Bixton (the "game over" line at the beginning, Sara yelling "Get away from her, you
bitch
!" in the last scene).
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:41 am

Post by Katsuki »

When were these other times I called you scum, MOI? Because I don't recall ever having done so (don't you give me prison mafia as your example if that is the one you're thinking of...)
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:49 am

Post by danakillsu »

I won. Cool. That's about all I have to say.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:39 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

SaintKerrigan wrote:So yeah, I might as well straight-up say it: Descent into Chaos II is coming out this year, hopefully in the summer. With excellent flavor, of course...
Um...pre-in?
SaintKerrigan wrote:Also, fun fact: Pal Bixton is a modified anagram of Bill Paxton, the name of the actor who played Hudson in
Aliens
. It isn't coincidental that the two characters have a similar behavior... :)

Another fun fact:
Aliens
in general was a large source of inspiration behind the story theme of Return to Liten, and there were at least a couple of references to that movie beyond Pal Bixton (the "game over" line at the beginning, Sara yelling "Get away from her, you
bitch
!" in the last scene).
Totally picked it.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:56 pm

Post by LimMePls »

@Mod: You rock. Great game, I had a lot of fun.

@Town: Yeah! GJ!

@Scum: Nice try guys.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:11 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:My fake-claim, as the Mafia QT shows, was crafted based on the flavor provided in my role PM. I thought it was interesting that before the last day Furry stated that AGM was absolved by the Commuter claim but on the final day said it was suspect. :D
It was that he has not locked himself into claiming a PR. I figured at that point a PR claim would be taken as slightly suspect, so him coming out with it was probably true. You had already in a few posts shown that you did not seem to know what SOB Op was, so claiming VT for you could have been ugly.

Like how so many people didnt think I was him... I think that im the only one who overuses elipses, parenthesis, and will never use an apostrohpie. Its why so many knew who I was for a long time. That and that ive managed to mess up posting with the wrong account enough.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:24 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

still kind of upset that I got vigged.

This was a super fun game to read though. Good job everyone.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:33 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Untrod Tripod wrote:still kind of upset that I got vigged.
Soz.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:37 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

ThAdmiral wrote:Um...pre-in?
Sure. :)
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:34 am

Post by LimMePls »

LynchMePls wrote:
HackerHuck wrote:OK, I've skimmed through the first few pages just so I could get up to speed, but I'll go back over them in more detail tomorrow. Dana wagon was interesting and it sure seemed to fade fast. I'll have to admit that LynchMePls gave me a bad vibe with his attack on MoI's 'There's scum on that wagon' comment. What is really obvious, is that Magna's statement implies that he thinks it's more likely that there is scum on that lynch than random chance would indicate. I don't see why town would want to dissuade that type of an investigation.

VOTE: LynchMePls

I also forgot to ask this before replacing in, but I'd like to know who the hydras are and their heads. Please use full screen-names. While CSL sounds familiar, I can't recall what it stands for.
My point was that it was one of those safe town-looking statements that a person can make to appear town without actually pointing out anything useful. There was scum on that wagon is the definition of obvious.
For what it's worth, I'm glad I was right about this. I knew it felt off.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:34 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

...and with the deafening silence of thunder does this leviathan fall to sleep.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”