SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:32 pm

Post by SensFan »

GreyICE wrote:
@Mod: I will now officially laugh at you if this game ends in a draw, you realize. :D
I take absolutely no credit or blame for the set-up design. It was designed by Adel, and was run a while back. Open 86, for those interested.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:25 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Haylen wrote:
Unvote

He's town because we slept together.
First off, that's literally the most disturbing thing I could think of.
Haylen wrote:I was going to ask why Emptyger hadn't answered Umbrage's question, then I realised I was reading the thread backwards.
Second off, how is this even remotely considered content?
Haylen wrote:Did Reckoner just claim a kill?
Third off, I REFUSE TO BELIEVE ANYONE IS THIS FUCKING RETARDED.

ISO ON HAYLEN WITH POTENTIAL VOTE INCOMING
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:37 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

1[/supALLOW ME TO PRESENT HAYLEN'S GLORIOUSLY SCUMMY AND SHITTY ISO

Her first post literally consists of the following parts, broken down bit by bit. In fact, I'll go ahead and just quote it so you can all follow along with HOW TO BE OBVSCUM 101:
Haylen wrote:1Oh wow, you guys speak loads. 2I could get behind a massclaim, 3but I would like to see Baby Spices opinion on it first.

4Current town read: Silvador
5Current neutral read: Umbrage
6Current scum read: Emptyger - he seemed a bit strawmanny and enthusiastic :P

Vote Haylen
Claim: Vanilla Cop Chain Doc Fridge Mad Scientist Lover Surviver to a Jester.
1) Passive-aggressive complaining about how fast the game is already moving.
2) Passively supports a massclaim, but doesn't come down concrete on either side... *could* get behind a massclaim
3) For some odd reason, wants to see Baby Spice's opinion on massclaiming...without giving any hint as to why her opinion is supposedly more valid.
4) Vapid town read on a single person.
5) Vapid neutral read on a single person.
6) Vapid scum read on a single person... then just throws some buzzwords down to make it seem like it's not as reasonless and, well, VAPID as it really is.
7) Completely unfunny selfvote with a claim.

Then she comes back in her second post and says her entire first post was just one big joke? No... not, it wasn't, because nothing about points 1-3 seemed like a joke. Point 4 could be a loverclaim, but point 5 is just weird, and point 6 is passive support of a wagon that already had plenty of support behind it. Seems like she was testing the waters. Not joking.

Her third post is simply defending her now-all-but-confirmed-lover's inactivity. Whoop dee doooo. And her fourth post? Well, see my post RIGHT ABOVE THIS ONE for reasons why that one is laughable.

VOTE: HAYLEN

Completely scummy intro post, then backpedals and says the whole post is a joke. Apparently doesn't have time to post any content, but has enough time to try to defend Silvador. Also, tries to call my "kill" thing a SCUMSLIP when we JUST GOT THROUGH HAVING AN ENTIRE MOTHERFUCKING DISCUSSION ABOUT SCUM NOT HAVING A KILL

WHAT IS THIS I DONT EVEN
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:37 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

@Mod: Please fix tags.
green shirt thursdays
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:38 pm

Post by Antihero »

EmpTyger wrote:Antihero:
Antihero [164] wrote:And it's not even like it was some move to swoop in and save the day (there was 0% chance that the lover claim wasn't going to happen).
Oh? If there was a 0% chance of it not happening...
Antihero [37] wrote:About the whole claim thing: I think it's pretty pointless. As the game progresses, it should become obvious who's paired with whom; a mass claim really doesn't do anything for anybody right now. Also, how is silavor's vote anymore related to the issues at hand than mine?
...Then why were you still arguing against it at that point?
Hm, I wasn't very clear, was I?

I was arguing against people just popping in and saying "hi my lover is [x]" without saying anything else.

What's with the q21 sniping?
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:40 pm

Post by Kise »

@Emp: I spoke to him on AIM about this game. He knew the setup beforehand. Examine him in iso with the view that he is scum 100%. He goes after Grey - the first person to mention lovers claiming - with a tone of vehemence. He wants to be taken seriously so that Grey eventually gives him a reason to mention players being nightkill. It's a blatant bombardment if you read Reck in iso. All he focuses on for the time being is goading Grey so that he can say his line, (paraphrasing) "
claiming lovers is bad because scum will nightkill good pairs.
" And of course, someone else has to come in and give him the IT stamp.

I find Reck and Purp to be scum for the same reasons, and while Esp is independently scummy, his pairing with Purp solidifies my thoughts of those 3. Speaking of Esp, I can't wait. We need a quicklynch to get off the ground.
Espeonage wrote:Considering the miniscule amound of
real
discussion that has happened so far we also need a pressure wagon as well.
Iso Esp up until this point... hell, iso him beyond this point as well. He's full of IIOA, yet here he is insisting we pressure another player. Esp has provided nothing for us to discuss by way of relevant exchanges. He's attempting to get everyone riled up into wagoning a player (I suppose in an effort to appear town), but his lack of participating goes to show his mind is not really into helping out.

I started to tease Reck and tell him to bring on an excuse during my previous post, but I won't be a dick. Bros > you hoes. Again, going back to iso'ing his first couple of posts, his
plan
comes off too predetermined. This, plus the convo I had with him over on AIM about this setup, make me sure he's feigning ignorance to gain town points in a situation where he (as scum) cannot pick off other players with nightkills.

I prefer to deal with Esp & Purp, day 1. If Esp (Purp too, I believe) isn't going to add anything like he suggests the rest of us should, then he's not needed. I'd like to keep Reck & Nero around so they can spot the rival-scum lynching their buddies.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:22 pm

Post by Espeonage »

As I said there was nothing to make analysis on. If you had payed any attention during your iso of me then you would have understood that. I wanted pressure so that I would actually have something to look at which I could start using to make reads. There's some stuff around now so I'll have a post soon. Gotta go grocery shopping so I'll have something commenting on the new interesting stuff when I get back.
Don't @ me.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:29 pm

Post by Kise »

Espeonage wrote:Gotta go grocery shopping so I'll have something commenting on the new interesting stuff when I get back.
A.k.a. to your scum QT to devise a strategy. It's like 3 in the morning where I'm at. Where do you live?

Yet…
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:34 pm

Post by Kise »

Nevermind. :cop: Can you believe I'm googling the hours of operation for stores in NSW? I'm calling it a night lol.... I'm not letting up. After I go over this with you, you decide that you've found something worth analyzing. I'm not liking that coincidence one bit.

Yet…
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:13 pm

Post by q21 »

I quite like reck's Haylen vote... so

Unvote, Vote Haylen

Antihero wrote:What's with the q21 sniping?
What is this supposed to mean?
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:29 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

I want to sleep with Haylen too:(.

I don't see what's so scummy about Haylen.

Although I see this guy scummy.

unvote
vote q21
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:56 pm

Post by Espeonage »

@ Kise: I live in Australia. I reside in Sydney. My local Aldi store is open until 9pm. I couldn't go earlier because my mother was at work. You happy now?
Don't @ me.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:00 pm

Post by Espeonage »

@ Reck: Way to make anew wagon but I can't really agree with it. The tone is somewhat jovial in the first post so I am inclined to believe that most parts are joking as she said. I think you're reading a bit much into it but it's still a valid case if you interpret it that way. I'm not going to join that wagon but I'm not going to oppose.

Now to go read a couple of pages. Give me a few minutes, if I'm allowed them.
Don't @ me.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:21 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Unvote

Vote: Kcd

Least important point first: It's hard to believe if you had time to make a non-helpful post then you would have had enough time to make a post at least halfway helpful to anyone.

And that's why the vote is on you not Baby.

Now Baby, in my skim read for Kise while looking for where my vote would go (I'm leaving Emp and Thingy alone for now because emp is making an effort and despite not agreeing with him he does have some points valid to his thinking as shown in thread.) I came across #162.

You obviously had time to make a post so you made a half assed attempt at passing off resonding to a random person's points in a discussion which doesn't concern you. Fine it's Mafia but a) couldn't be less confrontation, fencesitting and trying to make everyone happy and b) has no grounds other than an opinion which hasn't taken into account that people have brain lapses when reading something that is suggesting against the facts. Such as what is the case with the whole nightkill shizz. Passing the post off with a smilie may be fine but so far as I can see with the exception of in the short rvs noone has thought it apt to make a joke in the same post as something trying to pass itself off as serious.

Mountain out of an ant hill yes but adding to the fact that your partner is obviously active lurking through the early stages of the game and you have something that looks pretty bad.
Don't @ me.
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:48 pm

Post by SnakePlissken »

Im in agreement with my lover. q21 has posted 5 times. 4 Times he's directing his viewpoints at GreyICE he also has a vote on him early on, then all of a sudden in the 5th flips on a dime and votes for Haylen with no real motivation? Very scummy.

unvote, Vote Q21
Show
http://www.screen-one.net - For all your Movie needs.

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Screen_One_Forum/index/ Like talking movies & other stuff? Come and Join the discussion.

Alien (Inc. Prometheus) Mafia - Now in Planning stages. Pre Ins accepted. DM for more details
silavor
silavor
Goon
silavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:23 am

Post by silavor »

Purple Orange wrote:
silavor wrote:PO, I'm not quite sure how the point you're trying to make about me applies to me more than anyone else. A lot of what's been going on for the first five pages or so seems like rather useless chatter to me, and I don't have a whole lot to say regarding the recent pages, either. It doesn't mean I'm scum, and it certainly doesn't mean I've got a history of making "helpful" posts, seeing how I haven't
made
any posts in the first place.
Thing is, I
don't
consider the first five pages useless chatter. Did you see how quickly serious votes started being cast? The case on Grey/Anti is basically made from pages 1 and 2. Reck and I have suspicion/towncred/whatever on us left and right because of our reactions to Grey. Thingy made some posts I need to take a second look at. (And have you seen the whole argument I've been having with Emp about your ISO 2, which was apparently so amazingly helpful and clarifying for the town that he cleared you as town?) There was a LOT that went on, and a LOT that got said.

And there's certainly a lot that's gone on since then. What do you think of the latest couple pages?
Serious votes being cast quickly doesn't mean a whole lot to me in a large game like this, especially because we hadn't heard from a sizable chunk of the players until after page 5 or so. Saying a lot got said doesn't mean it wasn't a lot of useless chatter. I don't agree with a lot of the serious votes from the first few pages, because stuff has happened since then that makes it all rather null reads, or at best a couple town reads. I've read the game a couple times, and the first few pages still don't really have anything worth talking about in them. I disagree with the case on grey, not because I find it town, but because I just don't see it as being very scummy. I'm not entirely sure how my second post makes me guaranteed town, but I don't see how saying it does makes emp scum. Like I said, I see most of what happened in the first five pages as being mostly null.

As for the more recent pages, there's definitely stuff there, I'm just trying to figure out what's actually relevant and what isn't.
xRECKONERx wrote:
Haylen wrote:
Unvote

He's town because we slept together.
First off, that's literally the most disturbing thing I could think of.
Aw, how is that thought so disturbing? I'm not really understanding why you're trying to build a case on Haylen based on one joke post, though. Are you purposely trying to create an easy lynch? That seems awful scummy to me.

However, in the end, I'm going to go with
Vote:q21

For mindlessly sheeping, then hypocritically accusing others of sheeping, then sheeping some more.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:46 am

Post by GreyICE »

/sheeps lover
vote: q21
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Purple Orange
Purple Orange
Goon
Purple Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:11 am

Post by Purple Orange »

EmpTyger wrote:c) No, I think he was lying about forgetting. PO said that he only signed up because this was a nightless daytalking game. I don't believe he could have forgotten it 2 days later. And, I mean, even GreyIce said his I-forgot-the-game-was-nightless was "contrived".
I'm in other games here and on another site. I haz a real life. I forgot, and as far as I was concerned that day, the only new shiny thing in this game was the daytalk (on which there was a topic in the Mafia Discussion board I'd been following). I jumped in feetfirst, started reading an exchange I found hilarious (because I know Grey's a very competent player), where the fundamental assumption of one player was that there were nightkills, and the other player didn't correct him. And I never bothered to questioned the assumption. Until I re-read Grey's post, and went "LOL. I'm an idiot. That's right, this thing has no nightkills."

It's all I can say. You either believe me or you don't. Obviously you don't. I don't know that I would in your shoes.
PO:
I have never seen a mafia member act so quickly to defuse and clarify. (And that's even not taking into account the daytalking.) Have you?
(And I read GreyIce's calling Espeonage "helpful" as sarcasm. Hence the quotes.)
Meh, I think some of Espy's WERE actually helpful.

And...err...
I've
defused and clarified as scum before? Mostly when I got bloody annoyed that people were being idiots (personality tell), and when I was looking desperately for something safe to say that would make it look like I was jumping in and contributing to the thread early on, and save me from the accusation of lurk lurk lurking away. Again, if you know someone's going to say it eventually, why NOT jump on it for any possible towncred? So...yeah. Sorry. There's very few times I'll dismiss something as stuff scum just wouldn't do. And that post in particular
is
something I could see myself saying as scum. Particularly in that manner, as a softpeddled question-statement.

It was your quickness to clear silavor - not even just say it indicated he was town, or that he was probably town, but outright CLEAR him - over something I read as pretty darn null, that confused me here. 100% understand not wanting to clear me or Reck. (Even though I disagreed on Reck at that point). Do NOT understand clearing silavor.

On an unrelated note, have you and Thingy just decided to let you be the team spokesperson? Because if I went after silavor over that stuff, I should have totally gone after him as well. It's largely the fact you're paired with him makes me
not
, at this point. (Well, that, and the fact that although he annoys me to death and has said zilch, right now I'm actually reading him as town).
Purple Orange
Purple Orange
Goon
Purple Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:26 am

Post by Purple Orange »

Kise wrote:I prefer to deal with Esp & Purp, day 1. If Esp (Purp too, I believe) isn't going to add anything like he suggests the rest of us should, then he's not needed. I'd like to keep Reck & Nero around so they can spot the rival-scum lynching their buddies.
LOL. At least if I'm lynched, it'll be because I was useless. That actually makes me feel better.

Cross out my support of Reck then, if really was
that
aware of the setup. I darn forgot that half of the setup, so I could actually understand Reck forgetting, IM conversation or no. But "didn't realize" =/= forgot.

I also realize I never explicitly mention forgetting (pre Emp post), unfortunately, so make of that what you will.
Mariyta wrote:The point about Thingy is interesting, though. I'll have to take a look at it.
Dunno that there's any doubt about this anymore, but Thingy's telling the truth about the werewolf thing. Even if he hadn't posted a link, the construction of his sentences in that one post indicates it's just a vocabulary difference, with wolves = scum and "wolf hunting" used like our term scumhunting.
Llamarble wrote:Does anyone think Umbrage is already chainsawing for GreyIce during RVS?
Emp's case on GreyIce is weak, sure, but getoutofRVSreasoning is always stretchy.
I thought the defense was strange, because Grey's first posts were definitely scummy...snake nailed it, Emp expounded. It's just that knowing some of Grey's proclivities, I'm more inclined to laugh at him and suspend judgment for a bit longer.
Purple Orange
Purple Orange
Goon
Purple Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:14 am

Post by Purple Orange »

Espeonage wrote:@ Reck: Way to make anew wagon but I can't really agree with it. The tone is somewhat jovial in the first post so I am inclined to believe that most parts are joking as she said. I think you're reading a bit much into it but it's still a valid case if you interpret it that way. I'm not going to join that wagon but I'm not going to oppose.

Now to go read a couple of pages. Give me a few minutes, if I'm allowed them.
He's actually on my silavor wagon. :p They just need to claim lovers and get it over with.

AND WHY ARE YOU FENCESITTING??? How much more wishy-washy can you get on the Haylen thing??

Tone of post reads definitely jovial to me, and I think Reck's case is exaggerated crud blown way out of proportion, but I'm thinking that's just a symptom of how he plays. (Was that wishy washy on Reck?) And sez the person who made a case on silavor based on...well, really not much, but there you have it. Not seeing anything overtly town in Haylen's posts, however, so I'm happy continuing to bothering silavor.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:12 am

Post by Mariyta »

Purple Orange wrote:
Mariyta wrote:The point about Thingy is interesting, though. I'll have to take a look at it.
Dunno that there's any doubt about this anymore, but Thingy's telling the truth about the werewolf thing. Even if he hadn't posted a link, the construction of his sentences in that one post indicates it's just a vocabulary difference, with wolves = scum and "wolf hunting" used like our term scumhunting.
Thanks. I admit, I never looked at it. :oops: I'm having a hard time getting into this game.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
silavor
silavor
Goon
silavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:16 am

Post by silavor »

Purple Orange wrote: And sez the person who made a case on silavor based on...well, really not much, but there you have it. Not seeing anything overtly town in Haylen's posts, however, so I'm happy continuing to bothering silavor.
Glad to know I'm being targeted just because you feel like targeting me. It lends
so
much credit to your case.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:17 am

Post by GreyICE »

Hmm, I may have to adopt that one myself. I kinda dislike calling people "scum." Wolves seems a lot... nicer somehow. Okay, I'm stealing it! Wolves it is.

<- will slip within the next day or two

I need to review this game a bit myself. I admit, not even knowing who all the lover pairings are and the vast amounts of lurking I smell are getting me down.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:32 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Kise wrote:This, plus the convo I had with him over on AIM about this setup, make me sure he's feigning ignorance to gain town points in a situation where he (as scum) cannot pick off other players with nightkills.
HOLY SHIT. KISE, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU ON ABOUT?

I am not kidding when I say that this threw me for a loop. So, I went to my messaging client (Adium, which automatically stores chat logs), and looked at all my recent conversations with Riko to see what he could be talking about. Here are the ONLY FOUR LOGS I HAVE WITH RIKO SINCE REINSTALLING MY OS BACK IN NOVEMBER:

11/21/10 - One-line hello from Riko while I wasn't there
01/20/11 - 22 minute conversation talking about the end of me/dram's Ocarina of Time game, Goofbash, and how my boyfriend's name is also the name of a Pokémon trainer.
01/21/11 - One-line hello with information about his Square-Enix 4 mafia game
01/26/11 - A prod to go post in his Square-Enix 4 mafia game

And that is all the fucking contact I've had with Riko for months.
Not ONCE have we talked on AIM about this game, or this setup, or anything. I really, really thought Kise was town, but he just blatantly fabricated something that isn't there. Like, I'm not sure how to prove this…

Mod: Would taking a screenshot of my desktop with my chat logs be considered a modkillable offense?

If that doesn't work, I don't know what to do, but Kise just blatantly and flippantly lied through his goddamn teeth in order to push a mislynch through on me.

I was planning on responding to the rest of the posts listed here, but I can't.

I NEED EVERYONE TO PLEASE READ THIS POST THOROUGHLY AND THEN COMMENT ON IT.

And, while I'm here:

Unvote; Vote: Kise
green shirt thursdays
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:34 am

Post by GreyICE »

Someone is lying. To provide evidence against another person. This falls under
Lynch All Liars.

I wanna see this log, and if its not forthcoming, well... bad news Kise.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”