Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2050 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:19 pm

Post by Saint »

I Am Innocent wrote:Saint/Vi, you are wrong on being impossible time wise.

I got the ability N1, probably more like Dawn of D2. I was told that I had one choice, the one quadz passed to MOI N1.

So 1 & 2 are definitely possibilities.
Shows what I know. (>")>

I think the best three lynch candidates today are CKD, Saint, or Pops. The latter two have been pushing easy lynches throughout this game, and now they are pushing WC. I said Nero was the easy target D3, and DBE was D2, well now I say it is WC is the easy one D4. I am not for that lynch at all.
Um... I *was* pushing WrathChild until q21 pointed out that I'm assuming one too many things, at which time I (implicitly, I'll admit) dropped it (2032). pops completely missing my retraction post is strange, granted.

This doesn't seem clear enough to you, so I'm going to say it again. I have no interest in striking out on my own at this point. I've been almost literally as wrong as possible up to this point and I don't have the role-based information that's starting to drive the game now. I'll point out my observations as I go - for what they're worth - but I'm in no position to press anything.

Given the odd number of starting players, I'm willing to wager that if there is a second anti-Town element in the game it's an SK. Goofyface's hammers on both of the previous two lynching wagons are consistent with her being it, tbqh Goofball was the obvious NK choice last Night, etc. This is all IF nobody claims a NightVig shot, of course.

Nero Cain wasn't an easy wagon Yesterday so much as the competing wagon with themanhimself-scum.
Based on that, I would not have Purged Nero Cain last Night even if I were able to.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2051 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:06 pm

Post by popsofctown »

somehow or other the retraction post got a "marked as read" sticker in my brain without ever getting read, and I never read it until much later. Saint's name is all over the page, it happens.
unvote
It seemed really irontight at the time.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2052 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:11 pm

Post by WrathChild »

Saint wrote:
q21 wrote:This bit confuses me a little. I guess the confusion comes in where I agree that scum would want the dayvig to stay in the void and would therefore pass up the chance to retrieve it... but how do we know the scum ever had te chance to retrieve it. The retriever could have been with a townie yesterday and that townie could have taken the dayvig and Wrath's statement that it isn't in the void is perfectly reasonable. Did I somehow miss something here.
I think part of the confusion arises from my townread of Wrath which comes from his rather aggressive attack on the wagon that was taking pressure OFF him day 2 (the quadz wagon).
The assumption here is that WrathChild had the Void Collector N3 and when he said that the Dayvig was in the Void in post 1997 he actually knew what he was talking about.

If that's not the case, then at least I sounded smart and edgy for one or two posts.
Since there is some confusion. I'll clarify:

1. I have had no ability for the entirety of the game until today.
2. I have the Day Vig. It is inactive.
3. It is flavored a bot oddly, so I'm gonna double check everything.
I swear I left my gun somewhere.
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2053 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:12 pm

Post by WrathChild »

Yep it's the Day Vig ability.
I swear I left my gun somewhere.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2054 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:58 pm

Post by popsofctown »

this town. It has too much claiming in it.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2055 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:27 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Lol, Pops, we finally agree!

WC I am a little less upset about. The Day Vig ability is one that if used, appears to be needed to be declared in the thread.

The person that had the Void Collector Ability must have collected it the previous night/dawn, and that means whoever has the void collector ability now had no choices, as both TMH and Nero were Vanilla when they died.

Saint/vi, I am actually leaning that way as well. I think DGB is an SK and we have another scum team of probably about 5 players (now 3) or so.

That is why I think everyone needs to go on record today saying if they Purged Nero N3. Then if we do the same thing N4, and both nights nobody claims, we know we either have an SK or two scum teams, as town did not have it for 2 straight days.

IAI, SC, Saint,, and WC have all claimed not to have purged Nero Cain

Pops, why no answer?

WC, does the dayvig hint that it needs be activated first before using? With no sign of the virus, it is very odd.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2056 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:35 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

If I had to guess right now, my remaining suspects for the scum team would be CKD, q21, and either Pops/Saint.

I also suspect that DGB is possibly an SK.

DGB, who said the purge ability cycles, should prove to the group whether he is telling the truth by having a town come forward either today or tomorrow.

I think the best kill today is CKD, and will vote him once we 1) know more about the dayvig and if it is going to be activated and 2) everyone states whether they purged Nero Cain N3 or not.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2057 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:13 am

Post by Saint »

Bunnylover's 2043 is very scummy
I view CKD as a very easy mislynch, and while I was reading him as scum during the time he had the treestump, I am actually suspecting he is town considering a few of these things:

1) his pressure on TMH
2) his defense of DBE
3) his town meta appearing scummy
I Am Innocent wrote:
Saint wrote:
It's in play. Let's decide who we want to dayvig, AND who we want to lynch.
It doesn't work like that.
The dayvig ability requires the Virus. I don't see a Virus around. The dayvig ability, if it is in the game, is presently useless.

But more importantly, consider the following.
I had the Void Collector ability N1. I said I passed it to either Implosion or StrangerCoug N2. Definitely not WC. So that still leaves the following possibilities:

1) WC got the Void Collector N3 and saw nothing in there, signaling the dayvig was already picked up the prior night.
2) Implosion or StrangerCoug collected the Dayvig N2, and passed it to WC last night
3) Diddin used the BusDriver Ability N2 and gave it to WC N2 (and for some reason WC never brought it up).

There are lots of explanations, no need to jump down WC's throat quite yet. I actually believe him that the dayvig is in someone's hands here. Now whether we get to use that with an MIA Virus is another question.

Obv if/swhen the dayvig is fired up, that player should come forward and zap q21/treestump IMO.
Seconded, but we need to get this out in the open
now
as opposed to later
We are nearing the point that we need to just get everything out in the open as a town collective.
Saint wrote:
I Am Innocent wrote:1) WC got the Void Collector N3 and saw nothing in there, signaling the dayvig was already picked up the prior night.
2) Implosion or StrangerCoug collected the Dayvig N2, and passed it to WC last night
3) Diddin used the BusDriver Ability N2 and gave it to WC N2 (and for some reason WC never brought it up).

There are lots of explanations, no need to jump down WC's throat quite yet. I actually believe him that the dayvig is in someone's hands here. Now whether we get to use that with an MIA Virus is another question.
I'm pretty sure 1) and 2) are impossible time-wise; the collection ability (and checking if something is in the Void) should resolve before passes (sending the Dayvig out). diddin Driving Dayvig sounds appealing, although giving it to WrathChild, not so much at all.

Regardless, without the Virus, the daykill is useless. There is one person who claimed information about the Virus, and he's not saying anything, so. >_>

Getting off of obnoxious speculation, who do you advocate lynching Today?

---

nhammen, I'm actually kind of curious - why Saint for your N2 pass?
People tend to view my town play as painstakingly obvious when they are smart.
Nhammen is smart.
Nhammen views my town play as painstakingly obvious

Also, my night actions are typically amazing, when I'm around to send them in... or when the ability has them... if this one did.

This is the most confused I've ever seen you, Vi.

Basically, of the remaining 3-4 scum, I wouldn't be surprised if they're pushing CKD/us/WC today for a mislynch
That's my take on this game.

ALSO, the town needs to out who passed to who, what they passed, what was used, etc.
People are really getting by way too leniently, and people who just randomly claim to me are typically appearing town. That is why I'm sort of softclaiming defense on WC. He is just way too easy of a mislynch, and it has been tried all game. The only thing that is damning about it whatsoever is the fact that I haven't seen him flip, which implies it was deterred for a reason. There must have been more than one person leaning towards him being town, though, or he'd be dead.

My defense of CKD is thrown off by him not wanting to send that to TMH, but I'll admit that I was honestly reading TMH more as snarky town than I was reading him as unhelpful scum. He was actually helpful on D1, and I guess first impressions are everything. I have seen CKD play like this as town, in MoHO 1, and this fits that.

I feel like my reads have been all flip flopping, though. Hell, the fact that I've gone from passing the roleblocker ability, (omg, did he just claim something?!) which I used on DBE on N1 (which is why I was adamant on questioning DBE at the start of d2), to Q21, whereas I now find him to be scummy scum.

TMH flipping changes everything. It is like 9/11.
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2058 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:13 am

Post by Saint »

FoS
bunnylover
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #2059 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:19 am

Post by Furcolow »

also, my defense on DGB is this:
very pro-town posting
MS177325 or whatever is listed as an Eruci in the game op
and that's her number
but, she COULD be an SK... Eruci SK... I doubt it, though, as she is listed as an Eruci. I know someone brought this up, though.
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2060 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:21 am

Post by Saint »

also, my defense on DGB is this:
very pro-town posting
MS177325 or whatever is listed as an Eruci in the game op
and that's her number
but, she COULD be an SK... Eruci SK... I doubt it, though, as she is listed as an Eruci. I know someone brought this up, though.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2061 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:36 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I Am Innocent wrote:Everyone please officially claim if you Purged Nero Cain or not last night.

I did not Purge Nero Cain Night 3
That's all very nice, except if the ability was randomized in the hands of scum, all they have to do is deny having got it, and I have a target on me. Plus, it was a suspicious
TOWNIE
that was shot last night, so I could look bad for having attacked Nero Cain, too.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2062 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:48 am

Saint wrote:Bunnylover's 2043 is very scummy
WHY - I don't get it.
Saint wrote:I view CKD as a very easy mislynch[...]:

1) his pressure on TMH
Not saying CKD is scum, but RedCoyote was rabid with TMH, and they were both scum so............

==================

q21 is uncharacteristically quiet. I think he's laying back waiting to go last, also, READ MY SIG etc. He needs a lynching.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2063 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:57 am

By "quiet" I mean that q21 hasn't really contributed anything to today's burst of discovery and dicussion.
q21 wrote:
Saint wrote:
*Therefore the Dayvig ability SHOULD be in the Void.
I've got you up to here
... well at least insomuch as the fact that at some point the dayvig must have been in the void.
USELESS IIoA.
q21 wrote:This bit
confuses
me
a little
. I
guess
the
confusion
comes in where I agree that scum
would
want the dayvig to stay in the void and would therefore pass up the chance to retrieve it... but
how do we know
the scum ever had te chance to retrieve it. The retriever
could
have been with a townie yesterday and that townie
could
have taken the dayvig and Wrath's statement that it isn't in the void is perfectly reasonable.
Did I somehow
miss something
here
I
think
part of the
confusion
arises from my townread of Wrath which comes from his rather aggressive attack on the wagon that was taking pressure OFF him day 2 (the quadz wagon).
CONFUSES
CONFUSION
CONFUSION
Did I miss something
I guess
I think
would
could
could
a little

==============

Could we lynch this confused scum who is experiencing so much confusion with confusion. Did we miss something? I think he's scum, I guess. If I could know, I would know, and I could be a little less confused.

Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2064 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:59 am

Post by Saint »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
I Am Innocent wrote:Everyone please officially claim if you Purged Nero Cain or not last night.

I did not Purge Nero Cain Night 3
That's all very nice, except if the ability was randomized in the hands of scum, all they have to do is deny having got it, and I have a target on me. Plus, it was a suspicious
TOWNIE
that was shot last night, so I could look bad for having attacked Nero Cain, too.
If you'll excuse me for potentially being wrong about game mechanics...

Nobody claimed the chkflip kill either. If whoever gets this extra kill is indeed randomized per Night, there is no downside whatsoever to that person claiming now as well.

In addition, it's quite plausible that chkflip, RedCoyote, and Nero Cain were all shots that were intended to hit scum, and while the Nero Cain shot was a bit on the suboptimal side it still wasn't obviously bad. If scum were using the shot, they could have picked far better (for them) targets each time.

----

The case on ckd, as far as I care to be concerned, is that he failed to pass the Tree Stump to themanhimself-scum (which scum conveniently couldn't do), and it just so happened to land on the person driving the Town. While previously I said that he indeed did not post for four days onsite, that doesn't equate to him being completely offsite during that time, and the Tree Stump was something of a big deal.

On the other hand, I still think that a single-scumgroup ckd wouldn't have so openly suggested using it to clear Townies en masse. At this point I'm willing to defer to IAI, but I'm not optimistic.

----

Apologies to WrathChild go here. I see no reason not to believe that the Daykill needs the Virus to work, though. If everyone has posted Today (and I'm too lazy to check) then the Virus should be beach-ball bouncing around right now if it's present at all. If that's not happening, passing abilities is always good if nothing else. Where the Virus went is a pointed question for
popsofctown
, again.

----

I am not Furcolow, but Bunnylover's 2043 is strange in that he immediately says he doesn't like ckd's post. What, his "didn't have anything, will catch up later" post?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2065 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:05 am

Saint wrote:Nobody claimed the chkflip kill either.
This player may no longer be with us.
Saint wrote:The case on ckd, as far as I care to be concerned, is that he failed to pass the Tree Stump to themanhimself-scum (which scum conveniently couldn't do), and it just so happened to land on the person driving the Town.
Was CKD under attack himself when he was going after TMH and defending DBE? Scum under attack does tend to bus more.
Saint wrote:I am not Furcolow, but Bunnylover's 2043 is strange in that he immediately says he doesn't like ckd's post. What, his "didn't have anything, will catch up later" post?
Anti-lurking sentiment? Or are you suggesting Bunnylover is bus'ing? Or going for an easy lynch?

Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2066 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:22 am

Post by Saint »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Possibly. However, the person who liquidated Nero Cain -is- with us and I don't think the kill was motivated by scum.
There's nothing to lose by claiming if everything you've said so far is correct.

Goofy wrote:
Saint wrote:The case on ckd, as far as I care to be concerned, is that he failed to pass the Tree Stump to themanhimself-scum (which scum conveniently couldn't do), and it just so happened to land on the person driving the Town.
Was CKD under attack himself when he was going after TMH and defending DBE? Scum under attack does tend to bus more.
Funny, I don't remember saying anything about that. You brought it up, you check.

Goofsville wrote:
Saint wrote:I am not Furcolow, but Bunnylover's 2043 is strange in that he immediately says he doesn't like ckd's post. What, his "didn't have anything, will catch up later" post?
Anti-lurking sentiment? Or are you suggesting Bunnylover is bus'ing? Or going for an easy lynch?
The third one.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2067 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:38 am

Saint wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
Possibly. However, the person who liquidated Nero Cain -is- with us and I don't think the kill was motivated by scum.
There's nothing to lose by claiming if everything you've said so far is correct.
Someone is going to claim it anyway, but seriously, if scum had it, they don't claim it, and I'm as good as dead.
Goofsville wrote:Or going for an easy lynch?
Saint wrote:
The third one.
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

And what do you think about Q21? I thought my case on his latest post was genius use of large fonts.

Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2068 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:51 am

Post by Saint »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Saint wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
Someone is going to claim it anyway,
but seriously,
if scum had it, they don't claim it,
and I'm as good as dead.
Okay, so I know I've played really badly ITT, but even I haven't contradicted myself in the same sentence for the sake of Spreading the Paranoia.

G00fball wrote:
Goofsville wrote:Or going for an easy lynch?
Saint wrote:
The third one.
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

And what do you think about Q21? I thought my case on his latest post was genius use of large fonts.
The passage does seem awkwardly worded. Your artistic skill with differing fonts and colors is good as always.

Also and before you get carried away, "going for an easy lynch" doesn't make a comment on ckd's alignment.
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2069 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:52 am

Post by Saint »

Oh cool, q21's onsite. o.o
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2070 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:20 am

...and he's gone.

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2071 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:17 am

Post by popsofctown »

I Am Innocent wrote:
Pops, why no answer?
I did answer.
Saint wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote: Apologies to WrathChild go here. I see no reason not to believe that the Daykill needs the Virus to work, though. If everyone has posted Today (and I'm too lazy to check) then the Virus should be beach-ball bouncing around right now if it's present at all. If that's not happening, passing abilities is always good if nothing else. Where the Virus went is a pointed question for [/i][/color]
popsofctown
The virus could be bouncing within the scumteam, ever so silently. But either way, it's clearly not going to explode today, so the dayvig, if it's truly dependent, is useless.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2072 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:20 am

Post by popsofctown »

Quotetag fail Those are Saintvi's words I responded to.
"Well, I..."
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2073 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:40 am

Post by Saint »

popsofctown wrote:The virus
could be
bouncing within the scumteam, ever so silently. But either way, it's clearly not going to explode today, so the dayvig, if it's truly dependent, is useless.
Bolded words are the frustrating ones, because I know you have information you aren't letting on.

Plus if it's possible that the Virus is bouncing within the scumteam, then the last person we know it was passed to would have to be scum.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2074 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:48 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

popsofctown wrote:
I Am Innocent wrote:
Pops, why no answer?
I did answer.
I just looked and can't find it. Thanks for wasting my time.

vote: Popsofctown
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”