Open 272 - Near-Vanilla (Over!)

Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon
Location: Welcome to Silent Hill (The living's in the way we die)

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:45 pm

Post by Bella »

Egg wrote:Should I say who I jailed?
Yes. Since you've claimed already it's best to have that information available to the town for future analysis.
Show
Chloroform girl, how have you been?
Don't let me catch you sleeping again
You're only alive because I like you
It's been three years since you've seen the sunlight
But I know you're having fun
Bound, gagged and chained up in my basement
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:58 pm

Post by Looker »

• Prod smashbro_of_the_SSS
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:43 pm

Post by andrew94 »

lord_hur wrote:
andrew94 wrote:antb, i dont care.

vote antb
Every attempt at making sense of this post failed. Please explain.
the 'i dont care' was talking to antb, who asked me why i had 9 posts in between voting him and justifying
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
Archer
Archer
Townie
Archer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:09 am

Post by Archer »

Feels like we are all waiting on AntB + smash to make an appearance. I know this to be true for me at least. Sigh... Not seeing anything else really stand out right now so I'm not going to try make mountains out of molehills
Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon
Location: Welcome to Silent Hill (The living's in the way we die)

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:40 am

Post by Bella »

andrew94 wrote:
lord_hur wrote:

vote antb
the 'i dont care' was talking to antb, who asked me why i had 9 posts in between voting him and justifying
I find this answer insufficient and/or stupid.
Show
Chloroform girl, how have you been?
Don't let me catch you sleeping again
You're only alive because I like you
It's been three years since you've seen the sunlight
But I know you're having fun
Bound, gagged and chained up in my basement
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:42 am

Post by lord_hur »

andrew94 wrote:
lord_hur wrote:

vote antb
Ok, so it's not even a reason for voting. Stop playing so anti-town, and justify your vote.
All lurkers unite! And jump off the nearest cliff. Now.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:33 am

Post by Looker »

• sotS, putting aside that you claim you forgot the deadline and didn't post because you didn't want to look scummy or be questioned, do you believe that posting now will solidify you as scum? If this is why you're not posting, it shouldn't be, because posting will only help your case. I for one do not think you are scum and would like to hear your justification for your actions.
  • AntB, when you say that you have more but need to build, are you bringing more evidence against andrew94 or do you have other suspects as well?
  • Archer, when you say that you're waiting for AntB and sotS to make an appearance, is it because you believe either or both to be scum?
  • Egg, claim your night action and justification for your choice.

• If there are any questions for me, please ask them - I'd like to think that I'm still a part of this game. :)
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:43 am

Post by DavidParker »

Well, Egg doesn't really need "justification" for his choice. He's confirmed town. I'd just like him to actually post his suspects and where we should go from here.
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
brokenscraps
brokenscraps
Goon
brokenscraps
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:12 am

Post by brokenscraps »

Anti-prod, I'll post when I have time/energy.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:14 am

Post by Looker »

• No matter what, I'd still like his point of view - justification.
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:30 am

Post by AntB »

Haven't read any more of D1 just yet, ended upgrading my netbook. Caught up from my last post and VOTE: andrew94. "I don't care" is not a valid response.

@Looker
I have other suspicions I'm checking currently in addition to andrew.
Show
:doc: I shall protect you!! :doc: ... why do I smell of vanilla..?

"tickle" - Haylen is now thinking of Mayonnaise

G+
AntB - My wiki page. Usually up to date.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:35 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Official Day 2 Vote Tally

11 players remain; 6 votes needed for a lynch.

AntB (4)
- farside22, Bella, DavidParker, andrew94
smashbro_of_the_SSS (2)
- lord_hur, brokenscraps
andrew94 (2)
- Looker, AntB

Yet to vote (3): Egg, smashbro_of_the_SSS, Archer
==================================================

Prodding
: smashbro_of_the_SSS
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by farside22 »

@andrew: Can you explain exactly why you were asking those questions to me that went nowhere? And who else beside AntB you find scummy and why?

unvote
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:19 pm

Post by andrew94 »

which questions,

suspects apart from antb, you
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:21 pm

Post by andrew94 »

i also have looker on my suspect list, due to the sense of not good ness when i read his iso,
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:44 pm

Post by Looker »

• AntB's vote for andrew is off-putting. So is the lack of built case you proposed you'd bring.
  • Andrew commenting on my "not good ness", while humorous, is understandable, seeing as my avatar is a warmongering Nazi cyborg. If that's not the "not good ness" you were referring to, then I don't know what you mean.
  • Bella's response to andrew's answer is also off-putting...off-putting, exaggerated, and harsh. Her exploitation of the WIFOM induced by Nachomamma's final rundown is also off-putting...off-putting, opportunistic, and scummy. UNVOTE: VOTE: Bella
Archer
Archer
Townie
Archer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:43 am

Post by Archer »

Looker wrote:[*]Archer, when you say that you're waiting for AntB and sotS to make an appearance, is it because you believe either or both to be scum?
They are both high on the suspect list, so yes

Also dont like how AntB promised a so called big reveal but then came forward with nothing. Will have to see what the future holds.

Andrews weird voting reasons (or perhaps better put lack thereof) are... well weird. What exactly did you mean wrt looker and "not goodness?"
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:52 am

Post by smashbro_of_the_SSS »

smashbro_of_the_SSS last week wrote:I have a midterm coming up next week, so I don't have much time on this weekend. After Tuesday I can put more time in, but I need to do a reread before I vote anyone.
lord_hur wrote:
smashbro_of_the_SSS wrote:2) I just forgot that it was deadline that day, and so didn't look at it.
I call bullshit on this! You did not correct me when I said you were playing another game, and I know you were not, since you did not post anything at all at the time Nachomamma8 caught you!
I just thought I had posted. I know I had time to at least look at games, and I knew I didn't look at this one. Thought I had posted somewhere else, but I guess not.

@ Egg jailkeeping: I don't think it matters much, since you could have jailed the mafia member who didn't do the kill. No reason not to though, so sure I guess.
Looker wrote:
  • sotS, putting aside that you claim you forgot the deadline and didn't post because you didn't want to look scummy or be questioned, do you believe that posting now will solidify you as scum? If this is why you're not posting, it shouldn't be, because posting will only help your case. I for one do not think you are scum and would like to hear your justification for your actions.
No, I don't think posting now will "solidify me as scum". Not really sure why it would. I'm going to keep posting, possibly more than before to prove I'm innocent. See my first quote above for why I haven't been online.

ok, so. first off, antb. I'd like to see his opinions after a reread before voting him. At the moment I'm leaning slightly town, reading over his day1 arguments. However, as I've read more, it seemed like antb had nothing to saw about batt joining, and how people called him scum.
Battousai wrote:Concerning AntB- My only experience with him was the last game I played, he was lynched D1. The reason being seemed to be that he was more strict with his vote which appeared like fence sitting. (looking back, I find it humourous that he called the town/town neighbors the scum team before he was lynched ;)) This game he seems to vote more freely. I will have to read some more games on him before I would be tempted to vote him.
this is the only thing Batt has to say about antb, and im pretty sure someone had to ask him. on the other side of things, ant doesn't mention Batt pretty much anywhere, aside from replying about the town neighbors thing.

"AntB- Which is why I have to look up more of your meta before I would consider voting you (don't have the time today)."

Batt says this when it's coming up to deadline, but im pretty sure that someone could come up with a read on someone through over 15 pages of a game.

Ok, completely changed my mind. I'm seeing antb as scummy, and am only waiting to vote until he posts his catch-up.

Bella was one of my main suspects yesterday, and now isn't. I'd give her a neutral read, but it seems like she called Batt out too much to be scum. Got an eye on her, but would not vote her right now.

@ Looker
I thought I was one of the people you found scummy on D1. What happened?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:00 am

Post by farside22 »

I was mistaken about the questions. You didn't ask anything just insinuated some suspicion. I do wonder about something else. I asked you this:
farside22 wrote:
andrew94 wrote:farside, i didnt feel batt was town with his actions/backtracking yesterday
I find you saying this interesting as you didn't switch your vote to him until the counter claim from Egg, however you did state suspicion on him.
I see you have a habit so far in this game of not voting very much. Is there a reason you didn't place a vote on Batt till the fake claim?
Your answer:
andrew94 wrote:i believe i was voting antb farside?
That doesn't really answer my question. Why did you wait for a claim before switching to Batt?
Looker wrote:
  • AntB's vote for andrew is off-putting. So is the lack of built case you proposed you'd bring.
  • Andrew commenting on my "not good ness", while humorous, is understandable, seeing as my avatar is a warmongering Nazi cyborg. If that's not the "not good ness" you were referring to, then I don't know what you mean.
  • Bella's response to andrew's answer is also off-putting...off-putting, exaggerated, and harsh. Her exploitation of the WIFOM induced by Nachomamma's final rundown is also off-putting...off-putting, opportunistic, and scummy. UNVOTE: VOTE: Bella

With everything going on day 1. This seems very weak reasoning to be voting a person.

@smash: you didn't answer the questions I had ask:
farside22 wrote:Just looking in for a few minutes before I have to take off for the day.
@smash: How did you not know that deadline was at least coming when you post here is right before another player as for a request
2) Nacho saw you around the site, which means you were in Central Park, why would you not check on this game at all when you checked onto 2 other games that day? Why does it matter if it was deadline or not?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:04 am

Post by smashbro_of_the_SSS »

sorry, missed it. and yeah, it was within the day of the lynch, right before i went to bed. I really can't say anything other than i forgot. I know it's a horrible excuse, but that's really what happened. Nothing really else to say about it.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:06 am

Post by lord_hur »

Looker wrote:[*]Bella's response to andrew's answer is also off-putting...off-putting, exaggerated, and harsh. Her exploitation of the WIFOM induced by Nachomamma's final rundown is also off-putting...off-putting, opportunistic, and scummy. UNVOTE: VOTE: Bella[/list]
Strange, I didn't get anything bad from those posts. Seemed pretty logical to me (even if I only partially agree with her on the AntB argument). I thought her attack on andrew94 was perfectly fine, considering how he plays.

@smashbro_of_the_SSS : no verifiable argument, why am I not surprised... alright, my vote stays on you for now. It's not fixed though, as it's not provable that you're not just an absent-minded town (and it's compatible with your meta). IGMEOY. Prove me that you're town.

Oh yes, I don't like your AntB vote intention one bit. It's looking very opportunistic to me (especially as you said you were leaning town before), and I don't really see why what you quoted would look scummy. I get that you seem to think Battousai was avoiding to take a strance on AntB-scum, but he wasn't even threatened at that moment, so he could have safely thrown a few stabs at AntB-scum...
All lurkers unite! And jump off the nearest cliff. Now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:44 pm

Post by farside22 »

smashbro_of_the_SSS wrote:sorry, missed it. and yeah, it was within the day of the lynch, right before i went to bed. I really can't say anything other than i forgot. I know it's a horrible excuse, but that's really what happened. Nothing really else to say about it.
I'm not really buying this. You were obviously around the site. I don't know anyone who couldn't at least check on all their games to see what is going on unless they are scum that are lurking.

vote: Smash

Right now I'm also looking at AntB for more insight on his scum list and andrew for reasoning as well.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:10 pm

Post by andrew94 »

farside22 wrote:I was mistaken about the questions. You didn't ask anything just insinuated some suspicion. I do wonder about something else. I asked you this:
farside22 wrote:
andrew94 wrote:farside, i didnt feel batt was town with his actions/backtracking yesterday
I find you saying this interesting as you didn't switch your vote to him until the counter claim from Egg, however you did state suspicion on him.
I see you have a habit so far in this game of not voting very much. Is there a reason you didn't place a vote on Batt till the fake claim?
Your answer:
andrew94 wrote:i believe i was voting antb farside?
That doesn't really answer my question. Why did you wait for a claim before switching to Batt?
i was afk when the claim and counter claim happened, i thought antb was more sus, then when there was cc, batt had a more chance of fc.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:55 pm

Post by farside22 »

Putting some thoughts down while I have a few moments. If this looks like chaos I was interuppted fixing and eating dinner inbetween looking things up.

AntB:

Why do you have time for your other games and sign up for more games, but don't give this game the attention it deserves?

Okay going over AntB's post again and looking at the games I found where he flipped town (i found none so far were he was scum) I'm 90% sure AntB is scum.
Typically if you look over AntB's other games, you see scum hunting, cases he made and a push of town letting everyone know his oppinions clear, which is all missing here.
Never mind he still hasn't made a case, voted for Andrew and is posting in other games just fine.

Smash:

My issues with smash was one his vote on Egg was weak scum hunting at best. It's the equivalant of lynching lurkers.
When asked about others who were lurking look who gets town credit:
smashbro_of_the_SSS wrote:Even though Jesse hasn't been on much lately, at the beginning of the game, he seemed townish. He knew what was going on, and commented, and it seemed like he was trying to help, or at least point out important things. Now that I look back over the ISO, I'm not as confident about a town read on him, but I still see Egg as worse, not doing pretty much anything important. All he did was ask questions and then disappear, replying only when directly asked questions.
Most of smash's cases I would say are on those that are "easy" lynches that say little to nothing
smashbro_of_the_SSS wrote:
@ farside:
Sorry I haven't been posting as much as you like, but I tend to post only when I have something important to say, so it's sometimes infrequent. As more days go on and there are less people, I usually start posting more.

That being said, my view hasn't changed. I don't like the Bella/shotty slot for all the previous reasons. I have to admit, whoever said that a nacho flip would give a lot of information is right, so if it comes down to that I'll vote him, but I'd much prefer Bella.

also on my scum list now has archer in it. I don't like his reason for staying on Egg, cause it seems like he just wants to stay out of the mess and not attract attention to himself.

won't be around this weekend, but i will be on sunday night and monday.
Smash also didn't say anything about Batt during the conversation. Most of his pushes is looking at lurkers then point out and voting on them or calling them scummy.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:33 pm

Post by farside22 »

2 more down.
@Bella: Why did you not want to place a vote after reading the game? I looked into your alt in as scum or town you never withheld a vote before. I was wondering what brought on this stubborness.

@andrew:
If you believed this:
Why did you say this before the flip:
andrew94 wrote:
unvote vote batt

although egg could be scum doing a 1-1 trade. (jk cant be nk'ed now cos doc just protects him)
I think my only other issue with andrew was how he held his vote on AntB throughout the game. Looking at this meta, however this seems to be standard play.

I'm heading off to sleep now. Still want to look at Archer and Looker one last time. Will have a short list of suspects after some answers and sleep.

Return to “Completed Open Games”