silavor
silavor
Goon
silavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:24 am

Post by silavor »

Umbrage, how exactly is Reck scummy? Saying he starts bandwagons implies he's making cases using evidence other people agree with, which seems like a rather pro-town thing to me. How is he a distraction in any way shape or form? Abrasive does not mean scummy, it just means he's abrasive.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:32 am

Post by Umbrage »

Reck apparently forms cases on whoever says something negative to him at a bad time. He then proceeds to tunnel that player, and forms points on that player about posts that were made earlier, and which should have been pointed out then, if he was really concerned with scumhunting. This shows that he is not concerned with scumhunting, but instead with digging up dirt to throw onto his latest wagon target. Once the wagon runs it's course, he does not stick with it any longer.

It is my opinion that Reck is bullshitting. Instead of genuinely trying to find who is acting from a scum perspective, he waits for a player to slip up, then pounces on them. This appears to be his default playstyle, and it is bullshit. His focus is not on the player, it is on the wagon.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Tragedy
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:37 am

Post by Tragedy »

Umbrage wrote:@ Tragedy: I don't understand your position as to 'wasting time'. I detect the 'thanks' was sarcastic, but I don't see any challenge to my position, other than possibly agreeing it's 'a waste of time', when it has been shown we have as much time as we need by plenty of players. Please clarify.
Thanks
wasn't
sarcastic. I was simply agreeing you xD
I blame you for this.
For I have been awaiting for another heart pounding segment of
Dokidoki Precure!

[10/15/2013 - 00:13] -
Tragedy
~
I wish for Kami-nii-sama to have better naming skills.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:56 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Umbrage wrote:Reck apparently forms cases on whoever says something negative to him at a bad time. He then proceeds to tunnel that player, and forms points on that player about posts that were made earlier, and which should have been pointed out then, if he was really concerned with scumhunting. This shows that he is not concerned with scumhunting, but instead with digging up dirt to throw onto his latest wagon target. Once the wagon runs it's course, he does not stick with it any longer.

It is my opinion that Reck is bullshitting. Instead of genuinely trying to find who is acting from a scum perspective, he waits for a player to slip up, then pounces on them. This appears to be his default playstyle, and it is bullshit. His focus is not on the player, it is on the wagon.
lolwut
Attacking someone who slipped who I find genuinely scummy is how I play.
I rarely pay attention to posts that don't mention me/aren't directed at me, of course I'm going to wind up attacking people who attack me more often than others.
green shirt thursdays
Purple Orange
Purple Orange
Goon
Purple Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:07 am

Post by Purple Orange »

Umbrage 370 wrote: If the town is stupid enough to believe you, then I'll be happy to be lynched.

I don't think town is that stupid, though.

Oh wait, maybe they are:
Reck wrote:No… no, it doesn't. And even if it did have to be one of us, your reasons for voting me over Kise are, quite frankly, bullshit. So you're either really bad at being town or really bad at being mafia, I just can't figure out which.
Excellent argument there. My reasons are bullshit, eh? Can't argue with that. And of course you're not biased in any way. No sir.
Why are you using the guy you just accused of being scum as an example of poor
town
play?
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:20 am

Post by GreyICE »

Okay, back! Let me eat dinner, and I'll share amazing thoughts with you! (that aren't "Boston traffic sucks!")
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:07 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

Tragedy wrote:I understand what you mean vezok is obviously scummy now after a quick reread on him.
Massive jumpings are bad, man.
Problem with Vezok, is that he's always scummy. In this game that means ignoring him to a great extent and worrying about his lover.

If you doubt me go look at his past few games.
Umbrage wrote:UNVOTE: Reck
VOTE: GreyICE

Go where the bandwagon is.
Except that's not where the bandwagon is.

There's something about this that, the way that it's phrased, that strikes me as weird.

Actually there's something about Umbrage's last few posts that makes me think he's being scummy.

Don't like the "Unlimited time" thing. I think we'd end up in circular arguements running the same few people to L-2 (or whatever) and going no-where and boring the townies out of the game.

Don't like that he dismisses Reck and GreyIce and T/M as mere distractions. Veezok and Kcd maybe.
Trying to downplay Reck and T/M's arguements and hide GreyIce's scummyness imo.

Actually, strikes me as a 'rule of three' situation.

Add in Q21's wine about the direction of his posting (iso #13), the delete button thing, and Umbrages "Lynch me please" Q21's "Thanks *slap*" and I think we have gambiting scum.

Unvote GreyIce
Vote Q21
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:17 pm

Post by Umbrage »

Actually there's something about Umbrage's last few posts that makes me think he's being scummy.
Anything in particular you'd like to point out?

This is the stupidest town I've ever encountered, and I've seen some very stupid towns. q21 and I are at L-1 and I still have yet to see one actual case made against me that does not include vague reasoning, ad hominem, or just plain bandwagoning. EmpTyger is the only with enough sense to see what's going on. I could try and talk you out of this, but I've been doing that for a long time now with no result, and frankly I just don't care anymore. You're not worth the effort.

At this point I'm rooting for the scum. Town doesn't deserve a win.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:25 pm

Post by Mariyta »

You don't talk, Umbrage. You insult and refuse to acknowledge the cases we've posted. If anyone's not worth the effort, it's you.

Can someone hammer please so we can move on to lynching Llamarble and Darla?
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:27 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Mariyta wrote:You don't talk, Umbrage. You insult and refuse to acknowledge the cases we've posted. If anyone's not worth the effort, it's you.
Quoted for the motherfucking truthery.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:36 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

Umbrage wrote:Anything in particular you'd like to point out?
Hi Scum.

I did. You'll find it in the bits you didn't quote.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:39 pm

Post by Kcdaspot »

Umbrage wrote: At this point I'm rooting for the scum. Town doesn't deserve a win.

.... it's q21 and umbrage on the same lover team right?

not voting unless lover tells me too... i've been keeping quiet since my stupidity towards reck so BS has been helping me ever since. too bad these arguments aren't all that easy to follow.. otherwise i'd jump in more.
A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:44 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

[Mod: I'm voting for GreyIce as of [510]. Not sure if that was the only mistake in Tragedy's votecount.]

Everyone should copy/paste the loverpairs into their quicktopic, if they haven't already.  

I don't want to lynch Reckoner and GreyIce because they're not fun, or because of some theoretical difference of opinion. I want to lynch them because I think they are mafia or werewolf. 

And Mariyta/Tragedy are not good lynches. They are trying to be logical and trying to make sense of the game and being thwarted by the context of some other players drowning out. That is an asset for the town. The goal is to lynch the players creating confusion. Not the players being confused by something confusing.

Llama:
I read through LI 1105 very quickly, and all I could find was that one of {RossWilliam, Dizzle} had to be lying, and Dizzle was mafia. Which is the opposite of what you're saying. What specifically were you referring to from that game?

Reckoner:
I know, I know, you're not responding to this and pretending not to read it. What do you think of my alignment?
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:53 pm

Post by Mariyta »

@Emp: What do you think of the Umbraqe/q21 wagon?
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:54 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Actually, I was in that game, and one of Ross Williams and Agar HAD to be lying - their facts were 100% opposed to each other. And both were town. And both were telling the truth.

Agar just screwed up his settings.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Tragedy
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:56 pm

Post by Tragedy »

q21 - 11 (Snake, silavor, antihero, Nero Cain, vezokpiraka, Dramonic, Haylen, Mariyta, Tragedy, Reck, GreyICE, Baby Spice)
Kcdaspot - 3 (Thingyman, DarlaBlueEyes, Llamarble)
GreyICE - 4 (Purple Orange, Espeonage, Umbrage, EmpTyger)
Espeonage - 2 (werewolf555, q21)
Umbrage - 1 (PrayPiotr)

Not Voting - 3 (Kise, kcdaspot)

13 to lynch

---
Correction Done.

We're currently at
L-1
at the moment.
I blame you for this.
Dokidoki Precure!

Tragedy
~
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:08 pm

Post by Antihero »

Mariyta wrote:Can someone hammer please so we can move on to lynching Llamarble and Darla?
Mind Meld: Mariyta
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
silavor
silavor
Goon
silavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:35 pm

Post by silavor »

Tragedy-
not sure if it matters at this point, since it's been mentioned multiple times q21's at L-1, but you only have 11 votes on q21, despite having 12 names listed after.
Tragedy
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:09 pm

Post by Tragedy »

Hehe, just trying to track the number of votes! :)
I blame you for this.
Dokidoki Precure!

Tragedy
~
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:39 pm

Post by Llamarble »

The "could umbrage be chainsawing for GreyIce" post was getoutofRVS type reasoning / questions.
Tragedy wrote:
Umbrage wrote:@ Tragedy: I don't understand your position as to 'wasting time'. I detect the 'thanks' was sarcastic, but I don't see any challenge to my position, other than possibly agreeing it's 'a waste of time', when it has been shown we have as much time as we need by plenty of players. Please clarify.
Thanks
wasn't
Since Tragedy meant what she said literally, then she was saying her top scumread was making good observations (which is I guess less of a tell than normal). More importantly she was acting like Vezok's scumminess was new to her, which seems weird considering she put Vezok on top of her scumlist earlier. That is what I want an explanation of.

I don't agree at all that the Reck/NC or GreyIce/AH pairs have been anti-town; smashing things up to create situations deep enough to read people off of is extremely useful for town and both have made some good cases.

And why are we lining up my lynch for tomorrow?
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:52 pm

Post by Antihero »

Llamarble wrote:The "could umbrage be chainsawing for GreyIce" post was getoutofRVS type reasoning / questions.
Tragedy wrote:
Thanks
wasn't
Since Tragedy meant what she said literally, then she was saying her top scumread was making good observations (which is I guess less of a tell than normal). More importantly she was acting like Vezok's scumminess was new to her, which seems weird considering she put Vezok on top of her scumlist earlier. That is what I want an explanation of.

I don't agree at all that the Reck/NC or GreyIce/AH pairs have been anti-town; smashing things up to create situations deep enough to read people off of is extremely useful for town and both have made some good cases.

And why are we lining up my lynch for tomorrow?
Because you're scummy. As is DBE.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:05 pm

Post by Umbrage »

Because you're scummy. As is DBE.
Still think they've made 'some good cases', Llamarble? Their entire play has been as deep as this.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:07 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Shut up and go self hammer then whine about us on your Myspace page. God I fucking hate emos.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:08 pm

Post by Umbrage »

GreyICE wrote:Shut up and go self hammer then whine about us on your Myspace page. God I fucking hate emos.
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! You just made my 'never play with again' list.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:09 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Umbrage wrote:
GreyICE wrote:Shut up and go self hammer then whine about us on your Myspace page. God I fucking hate emos.
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! You just made my 'never play with again' list.
Happy birthday to me!
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”