Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2375 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:28 am

Post by Vi »

popsofctown wrote:Has that neighbor QT become public?

I would certainly agree that DGBtown is more aggressive than DGBscum. I've played with both DGB alignments.

Goofball wrote:I'm going to go after a single scummy player, and so should you, and it should be the same one, and that player we're after should be the one to die.

Why? We don't want to threaten anyone that will make it to night, and kill us to shut us up.
Goofball wrote:OH yes, and don't jump on the first wagon. I won't. The first wagon is almost never the lynch. We should concentrate our efforts on the second wagon of the day, and seriously narrow down our suspicions.

If anyone else seems scummy, we can defend them weakly if possible, we don't want to irritate the scum.
Goofball wrote:Then try to diffuse some of your suspicions, keeping in mind that scumbags are real touchy when their names are brought up.

We should go all in on wagon #2, whoever the victim is. We have to make a good case, though, sorta in the middle of the wagon, each of us with different arguments.
G00fball wrote:I fyou see yesterday, I totally tunneled on a single player. I do that as town when I think a player is scum, but here my reason was that whoever I'd been making nervous all day long, had to die, because if he didn't, I'd be dead the next morning.
Vi wrote:...I need to be scum more often. The longer this goes on, the more I realize I actually have no idea how to play this game.

I think I understand where this is going. Theoretically, the Mafia have no reason to kill us if we tunnel on Townies... and if we tunnel on Mafia, at least we won't be the ones that started the wagon, so there should be someone less suspicious than us to NK... right?
Dropping hammers where possible is not explicitly mentioned here, although it's a strategy that leads from the above. Shamelessly jumping on the wagons where you can least be held accountable is an idea I had much earlier from Porkens' play in this game.

Goofball's rebuttal is a technicality at best.

I really don't like spilling others' personal strategies like this, but she asked for it.

---

IAI wrote:Pops, I have been consistent, I think we have a scum team of around 5 players, and an SK/Hero which is DGB.
You didn't read where the mod just rebutted the Hero idea, right?
And you do realize that with 12 players alive, we don't necessarily need to attempt to lynch groupscum if we're guaranteed to hit an SK?

If by D5 there is evidence that this is a multifaction game - and there are a couple of ways this can happen - you're going to be the next lynch unless Goofball is still alive.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2376 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:28 am

Post by Saint »

popsofctown wrote:Has that neighbor QT become public?

I would certainly agree that DGBtown is more aggressive than DGBscum. I've played with both DGB alignments.

Goofball wrote:I'm going to go after a single scummy player, and so should you, and it should be the same one, and that player we're after should be the one to die.

Why? We don't want to threaten anyone that will make it to night, and kill us to shut us up.
Goofball wrote:OH yes, and don't jump on the first wagon. I won't. The first wagon is almost never the lynch. We should concentrate our efforts on the second wagon of the day, and seriously narrow down our suspicions.

If anyone else seems scummy, we can defend them weakly if possible, we don't want to irritate the scum.
Goofball wrote:Then try to diffuse some of your suspicions, keeping in mind that scumbags are real touchy when their names are brought up.

We should go all in on wagon #2, whoever the victim is. We have to make a good case, though, sorta in the middle of the wagon, each of us with different arguments.
G00fball wrote:I fyou see yesterday, I totally tunneled on a single player. I do that as town when I think a player is scum, but here my reason was that whoever I'd been making nervous all day long, had to die, because if he didn't, I'd be dead the next morning.
Vi wrote:...I need to be scum more often. The longer this goes on, the more I realize I actually have no idea how to play this game.

I think I understand where this is going. Theoretically, the Mafia have no reason to kill us if we tunnel on Townies... and if we tunnel on Mafia, at least we won't be the ones that started the wagon, so there should be someone less suspicious than us to NK... right?
Dropping hammers where possible is not explicitly mentioned here, although it's a strategy that leads from the above. Shamelessly jumping on the wagons where you can least be held accountable is an idea I had much earlier from Porkens' play in this game.

Goofball's rebuttal is a technicality at best.

I really don't like spilling others' personal strategies like this, but she asked for it.

---

IAI wrote:Pops, I have been consistent, I think we have a scum team of around 5 players, and an SK/Hero which is DGB.
You didn't read where the mod just rebutted the Hero idea, right?
And you do realize that with 12 players alive, we don't necessarily need to attempt to lynch groupscum if we're guaranteed to hit an SK?

If by D5 there is evidence that this is a multifaction game - and there are a couple of ways this can happen - you're going to be the next lynch unless Goofball is still alive.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2377 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:38 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I Am Innocent wrote:No I think we should lynch. CKD is stalling with his final analysis hoping his teammate Pops can get a DGB wagon instead. q21, as Saint mentioned, is ready to hop on DBG as well.
Thank you.

SK witch-hunts are always scum-driven, they have to coordinate during the day because they can't NK a SK. Every other threat, they can sit back and NK. They have to gang up on SKs.

I will hammer CKD. Hahahahahhahahaha. He's lazy scum, much like Q21. Also, the Tree-stump failpass.

Q21 is definitely getting super-lazy, he knows there's a contract on him, he has lost motivation. He only shows up for SK-hunt.

I'm of two minds with pops, though. I had a solid town-read on him before, but since he caught the SK-crazies, he's smelling more like scum.
I Am Innocent wrote:@Pops, you ask me if I am kidding. You said anti-scum factions would kill each other first. Well if that is the case, why is the shotgunning team shooting at MOI, Diddin, and me/Implosion? Your theory seems to only work for one team...
Brilliant point.

==============

Lynch CKD
Purge Q21

>>>> IF the above doesn't win us the game outright then...

Lynch pops
Purge someone else (Bunnylover?)
Lynch me (because I'm full of goodies inside you'll see, I've never been so much of a mafia pinata as I am in this game ;-) )
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2378 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:40 am

Saint wrote:
Dropping hammers where possible
is not explicitly mentioned here
Thank you for admitting that you lied.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2379 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:47 am

Post by Saint »

I didn't lie
who are you kidding?
I am immune to that.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2380 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:49 am

You said I had explicit mentioned things that I had NOT explicitly mentioned. What's that?

Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2381 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:49 am

Post by Saint »

haven't read your entire post, yet, DGB... but I wanted to hit on this from Vi:
"the mod rebutted your DGB-hero case"

rebutted, but not rebuked
it is still definitely possible, and any decent mod would sit on the fence like kunk has

we need to lynch SCUM-CKD, or somehow activate the dayvig/virus and off Q21 from my perspective/FoS

I'm going to respond to DGB's large post in a moment
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2382 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:50 am

Saint, are you scum? You can tell me. Our secret will stay safe.

I made a large post? That's another LIE!!! It was medium-sized.

Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2383 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:51 am

Post by Saint »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Saint wrote:
well, given that passivity and hesitance only leads to scum dying...
yeah...
that's a recent trend that has fallen on its face, honestly, so I see where Vi is coming from with that point.
I don't feel like it was a misrepresentation or a lie whatsoever. In fact, I feel like you are misunderstanding.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2384 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:52 am

Saint wrote:we need to lynch SCUM-CKD, or somehow activate the dayvig/virus and off Q21 from my perspective/FoS
That's the plan. That's what we're doing.

Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2385 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:52 am

Post by Saint »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Saint wrote:
Anything for you, Goofy~
(Cut by Furc and Goofball: Shouldn't you be arguing with the person who actually said that?)

Goofball wrote:I will hammer CKD. Hahahahahhahahaha.
Called it.

Golfball wrote:SK witch-hunts are always scum-driven, they have to coordinate during the day because they can't NK a SK. Every other threat, they can sit back and NK. They have to gang up on SKs.
Friendly reminder: If q21 is Mafia, it's impossible for Saint to be Mafia.
So it should be more obvious than usual that not everyone calling you out to be lynched is scum.

haven't read your entire post, yet, DGB... but I wanted to hit on this from Vi:
"the mod rebutted your DGB-hero case"

rebutted, but not rebuked
it is still definitely possible, and any decent mod would sit on the fence like kunk has
I don't think those words mean what you think they mean.

The basis of the DGb-Town Hero argument is the opening argument. Neither more nor less.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2386 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:53 am

Saint wrote:well, given that passivity and hesitance only leads to scum dying...
Is that your point of view now? Scum dying is a bad thing?

Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2387 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:53 am

Post by Saint »

*opening flavor
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2388 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:55 am

Saint wrote:
Golfball wrote:SK witch-hunts are always scum-driven, they have to coordinate during the day because they can't NK a SK. Every other threat, they can sit back and NK. They have to gang up on SKs.
Is that true? Can you explain? I'd love to see you confirmed town after a Q21 scumflip.

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2389 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:55 am

Post by Vi »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Saint wrote:
Is that true? Can you explain? I'd love to see you confirmed town after a Q21 scumflip.
Saint passed to q21 N1.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2390 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:56 am

Post by Saint »

Okay this is getting old.

Saint passed to q21 N1.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2391 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:57 am

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Super.

Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2392 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:01 am

Post by Saint »

Anyways, are you claiming SK? It appears you are softclaiming it.
As scum, I tend to accuse the SK of being mafia, personally. I refuse to rant about SKs, I feel it is a slip as well. So, I guess I'm agreeing with you on that as well.

The fact we share the same 3 reads, and gamestyle sense, is sort of shocking.
Vi pushing you, while I'm defending you, just shows the difference in opinion.

Want to bet the mafia tried to kill you in the night?

"VI Wrote: I don't think those words mean what you think they mean.

The basis of the DGb-Town Hero argument is the opening argument. Neither more nor less."

DGB being the SK =/= DGB can't be the town hero
When the scum are winning, playing to the town can be the only way for an SK to win sometimes. It is possible to shrug off a leash. SK kills take priority, usually, and scum can end up in a rough pickle. With the way the powers cycle, scum may end up having to give something up to town/sk even, so you can't directly accuse them of playing against their win con even as SK helping town in a scenario like this where town are in a dismal spot.

Also, the mod was only admitting he is sitting on a fence, and not confirming anything. He is not saying anything regarding anyones alignment. Do you blame him? this is a moot point. Perhaps I'm wrong about the tone implying rebuking, but it is really irrelevant.

DGB wrote: "Is that your point of view now? Scum dying is a bad thing?"
You know what I meant, it is a general gametrend
I don't mind it being incorporated, if it is a part of your meta. She knows your meta better than I do.
If you have a scumread on Q21, our slot should be clear to you. How come, if you are not scum, you are acting so incredibly anti-town? The only way you could both be this anti-town, yet still have good scumhunting skills to where you have the same reads as me would be if you are the SK.

Couple my refusal to talk about the SK (as seen in the Mafia Holographica quicktime) as scum, even instructing VV to call plum scum, NOT SK, when I knew she was an SK (by gut), should show that I wouldn't go on "an SK-witch-hunt" as scum. I would be all for letting the rest of the group do my job for me. THEREFORE, the fact I suspect you as an SK and am willing to talk about how you are an SK is more indicative of me being town than of me being scum as it is in my meta to routinely cast the light of scum on people I feel are SKs when I am scum. The fact that the only option for you is anti-town, even if you are town, is very saddening.
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2393 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:02 am

Post by Saint »

it also disproves your theory that scum will be openly SK witch hunting, as I refuse to do that as scum, and am doing that as town right now. So, basically, your conspiracy theory isn't even a conspiracy at all.
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2394 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:23 am

Post by Saint »

(Reposting from hydra thread.
I don't think it's ethical for hydra players to quote each others' private communications, but this is all ME speaking in one post.)

----

I wouldn't mind a ckd flip, but Goofball is obviously better because she's more obviously scum.

Or another way, Goofball is definitely scum while ckd is only reasonably likely to be scum.

So with that in mind it's never NOT a good time to wagon Goofball :D

I'm concerned about the possibility that IAI is scum with Goofball, though. Consider that IAI's plans don't involve Goofball dying -at all- unless she hits q21 N4... which is an easy request to fulfill.

However... there is the Tree Stump. Right now we technically only have 11 people alive.
Assuming that the Tree Stump always goes to a Townie, is presently in the hands of a Townie, and never gets Voided...

NOW - 7-3-1
Assuming a lynch on Goofball-SK: 7-3 N4
6-3 D5
5-3 N5
4-3 D6
We get at least two Days to hit scum even with the Tree Stump in play, plus the path of the Stump should be enlightening with regards to who passes to whom [clarification: because the Stump should be passed to suspected scum each Night]. This is, again, assuming the Tree Stump never gets passed to scum.

Assuming a lynch on Goofball-second-scumgroup isn't as good if we lynch Town from there unless the scum begin crosskilling. But if scum start crosskilling, then it looks REALLY good (although subsequent passing becomes meaningless).

The chance of Goofball being Town may as well not be considered. She didn't even argue that she's playing to her scum meta.

---

There are times where lynching the correct kind of scum makes the difference between winning and losing the game. This is not one of them.
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2395 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:26 am

Post by Saint »

IF WE DON'T LYNCH HER, THOUGH, IT COULD BE LYLO TOMORROW AT 4v3v1
vote: DGB
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2396 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:28 am

Post by Saint »

I'm really hating this treestump
the fact it is Q21 really makes it juicy for vig-bait
Oh where for art thou, dayvig?
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2397 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:29 am

Post by Saint »

Saint wrote:IF WE DON'T LYNCH HER, THOUGH, IT COULD BE LYLO TOMORROW AT 4v3v1
(Just so it's clear - lynch Townie, two Town kills, Tree Stump is on Townie.

It doesn't have to be as bad as that to still be conditional LyLo though.)
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2398 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:32 am

Saint wrote:Anyways, are you claiming SK? It appears you are softclaiming it.
Absolutely not.
Saint wrote:Want to bet the mafia tried to kill you in the night?
They would have had to aim for IAI, there was no reason to gun ME down. IAI is un-lynchable. I am lynchable. IAI would have priority for the NK.
Saint wrote:...even as SK helping town in a scenario like this where town are in a dismal spot.
The town is still in a very tough corner. The cemetery is still pretty green.
Saint wrote:If you have a scumread on Q21, our slot should be clear to you.
Yeah. You're right.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2399 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:37 am

Saint wrote:IF WE DON'T LYNCH HER, THOUGH, IT COULD BE LYLO TOMORROW AT 4v3v1
vote: DGB
That's insane.

There aren't two full scum teams. There's only one scum team. What are the chances that no other scum team has had a lynch or a crosskill? Like, zero.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”