has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2075 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:44 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Andrius wrote:Ok.

To-Do List:
Dekes claim last night results.
KageLord claims last night results.
Stove nameclaims.
Anyone else with important information provides it.
FTFY
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2076 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:47 am

Post by Andrius »

And BTW, I was holding out on Kast because I was expecting some sort of White Lantern to come forward to combat the Cult.
If anyone is a magical White Lantern do tell. :P
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
The Stove
The Stove
Goon
The Stove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2077 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:56 am

Post by The Stove »

Did Toogeloo name-claim at any point?
Tremble in fear. AGar and Zito are near.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2078 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:12 am

Post by Dekes »

Wha-?

I don't think so, no.

Anyhoo, same procedure as N4. I got a shimmering blue gift and used it to protect the blue brothers.

On a sidenote, I've been rereading from D3 forth with heavy focus on KK, Kdub and Toog, and it's amazing how unbelievably wrong I was (and others, too) when it came to Lantern determination, yet apart from MoI I've only cast suspicion against scum so far. And we haven't seen MoI or Kagelord flip yet. Who knows?

Another thing I noticed:
Dekes wrote:For the record: Reck really deserves some credit if the red scum team really turns to be out as dram, Gud, Nopoint and Sensfan.
What the hell? Seriously, does dram talk in his sleep?
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2079 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:25 pm

Post by Andrius »

Toog didn't nameclaim IIRC.
You should though.

Also, how did Kdub die if you protected both of us? :?: :!:

Reck played well, but was a shitty Mason Recruiter.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2080 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:29 pm

Post by Dekes »

danakillsu wrote:Kast was
Sinestro (Investigation Immune
Blocker/Redirector
)
, leader of the
Sinestro Corps
Erm...
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2081 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:31 pm

Post by Andrius »

Oh. :oops:
Didn't see that one. So who did he redirect
to
? :?
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2082 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:32 pm

Post by Dekes »

He probably just blocked me.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2083 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:43 pm

Post by Andrius »

Makes sense.
Don't know why I didn't think of that...
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2084 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:56 pm

Post by Andrius »

*chirp chirp*
Thanks for your contributions, KageLord. :roll:
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2085 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:00 pm

Not to be a downer but look at Kagelord's sig ... it announces a V/LA til Saturday / Sunday.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2086 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:03 pm

Post by Andrius »

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
HE IS DELAYING MY WIN.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2087 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:04 pm

Andrius wrote:GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
HE IS DELAYING MY WIN.
Isn't that Town's win? This is the issue I have with giving Andy so much 'power' in the game ... it goes straight to his head :P

Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2088 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:39 pm

Post by Andrius »

Oh, you know me. :roll:
Power-hungry Andy. :P

/loljk
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2089 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:46 pm

Post by Andrius »

Its just, this is bastard.
A fucking cult when we knew nothing about it.
The game- now that its bastard_cult, is 15:10. Not exactly good odds.
We've come far; lynched 5 scumbags for 5 consecutive days; we've DESTROYED all NINE SCUMBAGS, and for what? So some bastard cultist that's just sat on his ass all fucking game can steal the win from under us?
Bollocks.
This is bullshit.
But fine.
We'll sit here.
I'll play the game. We're going to lynch this fucker, and we're going to win the goddamn thing. I've already done my "seriously guys, a bastardizeed cult?" to those above (probably laughing; RC: OH ANDY YOU GONNA LOSE TO ANOTHER CULT LOLOLOL HAVE FUN OH AND <333)
NO.
THIS IS NOT HOW THIS ENDS.
WE ARE GOING ALL THE WAY.
FUCKING LYNCHING SIX ANTI-TOWN MEMBERS IN A ROW.
AND WE WILL WIN THIS.
OR DIE WITH HONOR.
WHO IS WITH ME??
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2090 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:49 pm

Post by Andrius »

OH.
I FORGOT.
KageLord.
Who ISN'T with us.

WELL.
We can wait.
We'll wait for him.
And when he gets back, we're going to lynch some Black Recruiter. Nekron, Scar, Plum Pt. II, whoever you are.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2091 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:14 am

MODs – I’ll be V/LA from shortly until Monday for a weekend family vacation.

--

Since we are likely to be waiting on Kage until after I depart I’d like to post half of the big post I would be making. I’m still holding off on the main portion that I think applies but see no point in not sharing the TinFoil Hat part as it’s more off the wall speculation that isn’t harmful to the full-claim process.

WARNING – THE FOLLOWING IS TINFOIL HAT TERRITORY. DO NOT READ BELOW WITHOUT YOUR TRUSTY TINFOIL HAT PUT SOLIDLY ON YOUR HEAD.

FURTHER WARNING – I THINK THE CHANCES OF THE FOLLOWING BEING ACTUALLY REPRESENTATIVE OF REALITY ARE LESS THAN 0.5% CHANCE.

Ok, after Kast’s reveal I’ve been mulling over some things. As Stove had presented it appears that the 4:4:4:4:4:4:1 setup has more or less be fulfilled. It got me wondering about some of the speculation Kast did. I did so because Kast has two qualities that I think are relevant to the discussion

1. He’s very well versed in the flavor lore.
2. He loves mechanics based discussions.

In light of these two things I went back and read over his early discussion regarding the Black. Do it for yourself and start looking around ISO 12. His first instinct is that there really isn’t an active Black recruitor and that it is either Plum acting from beyond the grave or that it is a Mod driven mechanic. Also relevant is that he chose to actively fake-claim a powerful anti-Black role. At that stage of the game he couldn’t know if any un-outed Town players actually had anti-Black abilities and risked being counterclaimed. I don’t see it as likely someone as calculating as Kast doing so if he actually believed that there was an active player who was a Cult Recruitor.

Add in that his strong support for said Black Recruitor only came when PoE put him (rightfully) on the chopping block. Scare-tactics for the win.

This got me thinking about the possibility that the Black Lanterns are some sort of Mod driven mechanic.

Things we know –

1. We’ve seen one flip a Night of Black Lantern Corps players. Only Nightkills are labeled as such.
2. The flips began N3, one night after Plum (who was William Hand aka Black Hand, one of the main Black Lantern figures) died.
3. We’ve never lynched a Black player.

Looking to the flavor of Blackest Night source material the over-arching Theme of the series is the concept of all the Lantern Corps coming together to combat the menace of the Black Lanterns. This included Red and Yellow in the source material.

If we are looking at a Mod driven mechanic then it would stand to reason there would be some way for the players to satisfy this “working together” Theme in the game to end the threat of the Black Lanterns.

The two things that come to my mind are –

1. A unanimous vote by all living players to lynch the Mods
2. A no-lynch

Either of these choices could symbolize the ‘coming together’ to unite the colors to created the ‘White Light of Creation’ to overcome the Black Lanterns.

It’s possible that the game hasn’t ended to give the remaining players a chance to do this.

YOU ARE NOW CLEAR OF THE TINFOIL HAT AREA. RESUME LOGICAL THOUGHT PROCESSES NOW.

I feel better having got that out of my head. Truth be told the only reason I posted it at all was so I could point to it and go “Nah nah nah nah nah” if somehow after all is said and done my specualation was correct or reasonable close to correct. Yes, this entire post is about sustaining pointless e-peen bragging rights. Also since I'm rather bored waiting for Kage to appear since discussion is dead without his input.

Now we can go back to being logical and actually looking for the Black Recruitor. Because I very much doubt the game at this point would continue just for dana and RC to be mean to us with all the original Scum factions wiped out.

BTW
– One of you scum (or the Mods) had best nominate the Town as a whole for ‘Best Town Performance’. 5 straight days of scum lynches is impressive.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2092 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:01 am

I'd also like to give a shout out to Kast, Tans and NoPoint in the dead QT -

You all kept trying to link me as Yellow for my push on obv-scum NoPoint over Kats and xvart.

And low and behold you all were scum of various flavors and I'm what I said I was ..

Mark one for the 'thinking logically about motivations' crowd again.

Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2093 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:09 am

Post by Andrius »

Just wrote a shitload of flavor for Mordor.
Am here now.

Magna, the only reason we have to believe the Black Recruiter only recruited from N3 and on is Kast's claim. And he was Yellow scum. So that didn't work so well.

Trust me, had we NOT eliminated EVERY OTHER FUCKING SCUMBAG I would have thought it mod-driven. But we're still here, and that means one thing: there's a scumbag out there. Who we can lynch.
So. I think its worth a shot to lynch the mod. We are not No Lynching, because that's just retarded. The only reason we'd have to do that is if we KNEW he has no recruits, as he started N3 and each of them have been killed in-turn. But no. We don't know that, so he could have a second member, in which case No Lynching dooms us.
Nice thought, Magna, but its not happening.

I can agree to a mod vote.
But once KageLord gets here I'm going for the Black Recruiter- Nekron, or whoever-the-fuck he is.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2094 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:22 pm

Post by Dekes »

It's not you, Andrius, is it?

I actually like the theory that all black lanterns converted at the same time more and more. There has to be a limit on the cult. We've had 9 scums at the start of the game and we've seen 12 scum flip so far. There can't be unlimited black recruitings without the game being heavily imbalanced. Even if we had a mason recruiter to counter the cult to begin with.
Also we don't have a role to determine/discover the cult/cult members which is another factor why I think there can't be an ever growing cult.

My bet is on KageLord. Why?
Kublai Khan wrote:@KageLord: Post more.
This happened early D3 (the night after Plum died, btw). KK hadn't mentioned KageLord at all on D1 and D2. Several persons hadn't posted on D3 yet, namely Jack, TheStove, xvart (and SensFan). So what exactly was the purpose of this little sentence out of nowhere? Subtle hint to your newly acquainted partner to post more to avoid getting in the lynchbait pool? I vote "likely".
2. The setup: Yes, this will lead to a bit of tinfoil hattery on my part. We've seen exactly one black lantern from each town faction...except? The green lanterns. While this may be too easily breakable I think the pattern so far shouldn't be overlooked.
3. Kage's general behaviour: I could link you to some excerpts from his ISO, but I'm pretty sure you realized how hard Kage has been coasting for quite a while now and how he's completely desinterested in scumhunting and only following the main wagons/suspicions. Even though he once said our first priority should be looking for black he never followed up on this and resorted back to sheeping right after. He's only come out to post something of substance when being suspected and when he had to claim. Scum behaviour to a tee.

Regarding MoI's theory:
We could of course try again to lynch the mod. But we've already tried to vote the mods when the black cult was already in existence and the votes weren't registered. Also I'm pretty sure the mods said this game wouldn't be a bastard game (or did they? (yeah, I guess they did)).
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2095 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:29 pm

Post by Dekes »

The one black kill per night seems to be just conincidence since we have claims for all three kills so far. Well, we have no claim for last night but it seems to be obvious Kast blocked me and killed Kdub.

And because it doesn't make any difference:

Role: Indigo-1 (*gasp* who woulda guessed?), Doc

N1: protected MoI
N2: protected Starbuck, target died
N3: protected Andy
N4: protected Andy and Kdub
N5: protected Andy and Kdub, Kdub died
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2096 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:48 pm

Post by Andrius »

Dekes, the fact there is:
1) Mason RECRUITER
2) Mason COP
3) Blue PR
4) Blue Motivator

These all are Cops. So to say we couldn't have combated them isn't the issue. The issue is that there is a bastard cult.
Reck and Starbuck failed as hiding Masons.
I crumbed like hell because I was restricted to PRs. :/

Yay for Indigo-1. :D

Incoming post; drop altitude.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2097 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:00 pm

Post by Andrius »

Things we can infer: Black Recruiter has existed since the beginning, since the ONLY indication otherwise was Kast's fakeclaim.
So he's been around; failed to recruit scumbag somewhere along the lines. We know this because they haven't won yet.
Recruits:
1: Toog
2: KK
3: Kdub
4: ??? - failed
5: ??? - failed/ last night's

THEORY:
recruiter PRs can use their powers
kdub gave recruiter gun and shot siniestro, who shot kdub
Who shot siniestro? KageLord.

kagelord is black recruiter, and used Kdub's shot to kill Kast.
Kdub was recruited inbetween SpyreX targeting him and before KageLord claimed. He could use the "1shot Vig" as the Blue gun.
Kdub would have been converted into Black, so the PR should still have worked.

So something like this, for the black recruiter's actions:
N1: Toog/KK/???
N2: Toog/KK/???
N3: Toog/KK/Kdub/???
N4: KK/Kdub/???
N5: Kdub/???

Probably targeted some scumbag down the line, got blocked or otherwise failed.

I believe in Mod-preference of roles. Namely because RC convinced me to stay in the game by bribing me with the possibility of being Mason Recruiter. I picked the wrong color as my primary.
So we're looking at:

CONFIRMED TOWN via me - DEKES
TOWNIER THAN THOU - Me

Stove is town unless the Black Recruiter is Investigation Immune, which is a possibility. But he's been fairly consistent in posting.

Magna claimed Bulletproof. Somehow I don't think the Cult Recruiter would WANT to make himself look more scummy.
Magna, are you notified when someone shoots you? Just curious.

So that leaves KageLord. KageLord, who has less than two full pages of ISO in this 84 page game. (Nevber mind I have almost 25% of all the game posts. :oops:) KageLord who has no confirmable actions, except his shot at Siniestro which would have happened if Kdub gave him his Blue-shot. Perfect.

I'm betting it all on KageLord. Who just so happened to be away right now, and who has a MASSIVE posting delinquicy.
Even without night actions, this isn't hard:

Tells of a Cult Recruiter:
1) unconfirmable actions
2) won't claim a confirmable PR
3) investigates town
4) no NK
5) will claim VT unless they have a good FC with with non-confirmable actions

KAGELORD:
1) no confirmable actions, and since he had Kdub with him the shot at Siniestro works last night.
2) claimed JOAT. recruiter would never claim something like Cop or... Enhancer. ;)
3) potentiality to be Stove, but hasn't been investigated
4) granted
5) CAN ANYONE SAY HAL FUCKING JORDAN?
Or, for that matter, ALBUS PERCIVAL WOOLFRICK BRIAN DUMBLEDORE?!? ANYONE REMEMBER THAT BULLSHIT?

Yeah.
I'm leaning KageLord.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2098 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:01 pm

Post by Andrius »

Dekes wrote: It's not you, Andrius, is it?
Who, ovtown me? :oops:
:twisted:
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2099 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:02 pm

Post by Andrius »

^was joke.