Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2500 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:20 pm

Post by Saint »

Saint wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
Saint wrote:
TMH passed Dayvig to the Void N2. Coug picked it up out of the Void. There was no explicit handoff.
I already said I did not pull the dayvig out of the void. My doing so would have made it clear to me that I had to pass it; therefore, its recipient would not likely have been randomized last night.
Whichever. Would you like to talk about something relevant to the thread?

Hey Saint

What do you think of pops?
Low tier Town read. 5th on scumlist IIRC.
That's how I feel about SC somewhat. I want to hear more from him, but it may be the medic-complex where I'm finding a townie with a power role (i mean, they cycle) scummy, when he actually
isn't
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2501 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:20 pm

Post by Saint »

popsofctown wrote:Too scummy to be(Too scummy to be(too scummy to be(too scummy be scum)))

In english, he's probscum. He's trying to convince that he doesn't like to play mafia. But I think StrangerCoug likes to play mafia. He may not like to play scum though.
WHOAH
I don't like this response!
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2502 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:21 pm

Post by Saint »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Saint wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
Saint wrote:
TMH passed Dayvig to the Void N2. Coug picked it up out of the Void. There was no explicit handoff.
I already said I did not pull the dayvig out of the void. My doing so would have made it clear to me that I had to pass it; therefore, its recipient would not likely have been randomized last night.
Whichever. Would you like to talk about something relevant to the thread?
Yeah. What's taking curiouskarmadog so long to comply with my request, and why isn't DrippingGoofball in an insane asylum? Looking at the latter's posting, she seems to crack under being pressured with SK accusations when the two most likely alignments she are are that and a second Mafia group.

popsofctown wrote:In english, he's probscum. He's trying to convince that he doesn't like to play mafia. But I think StrangerCoug likes to play mafia. He may not like to play scum though.
If my win percentages haven't changed by much, I actually do fairly well as scum; that's why my Wiki says I prefer this alignment. The problem I'm having is that I tend to do better early on in the game.
WHOAH
REREAD THE BOLDED.
I MEAN, I'M NOT GOING TO, BUT SERIOUSLY?
I'M GOOD

SC+POPS OBVIOUS SCUMTEAM IS OBVIOUS
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2503 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:22 pm

Post by Saint »

StrangerCoug wrote: If my win percentages haven't changed by much, I actually do fairly well as scum; that's why my Wiki says I prefer
this
alignment. The problem I'm having is that I tend to do better early on in the game.
THIS alignment
this
alignment
scumslip
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2504 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:29 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I think it very well may be.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2505 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:32 pm

Post by Saint »

popsofctown wrote:I think it very well may be.
hmmm
perhaps
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2506 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:09 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Saint wrote:
popsofctown wrote:I think it very well may be.
hmmm
perhaps
eh, conceivably
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2507 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:28 pm

Post by Saint »

if you can conceive it, i better believe it, because you have a scum-pm and deductive reasoning
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2508 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:29 pm

Post by LimMePls »

Is it just me or does saint have over half the posts in this day? The spamming is making me a bit glassy eyed.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2509 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:28 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

popsofctown wrote:And er, yeah, i missed the hibernate. If your point is that I should be the lynch rather than DGB because I'm paying less attention to the thread, though, it's a rather flawed one.
We are not questioning you paying attention, we are questioning a possible scum slip.

Just like D1 when you and CKD did not realize off the bat that Antman was a town (you thought Eruci was referring to the mod). More possible scum slips.

Just like when CKD did not post in any thread for 4 days, and then as soon as this thread opens, "I'm here, oh crap, I missed my chance sending the TreeStump". Coincidence or scum ploy?

DGB, if "the person with the purge ability" shoots anyone but q21 tonight, you will be the lynch tomorrow. End of story. (Profound enough Saint/vi)

Pops can wait.

The fact that CKD should be such an easy lynch today, and even the people fighting it tooth and nail still say he is a good lynch, is very telling to me.

CKD has promised a death analysis how many times, yet is quiet as all get out. He is hoping for a swing of votes.

q21 is also acting like scum that is resigned to the fact they are going to die and not leak out any more information.

If town IAI was on the Lynch or Purge chopping block, I'd be fighting tooth and nail making sure that if I go down, the bad guys are coming with me... :?
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2510 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:41 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

popsofctown Early D4 wrote:Eh, no, looking back the shotgun is mafia kill flavor. They killed MoI, conf town diddin, and no one last night. Pretty clearly scum motivated.
popsofctown Later D4 wrote:
I Am Innocent wrote: @Pops, you ask me if I am kidding. You said anti-scum factions would kill each other first. Well if that is the case, why is the shotgunning team shooting at MOI, Diddin, and me/Implosion? Your theory seems to only work for one team...
MoI was not particularly pro-town, just really active.

Diddin had been publically confirmed not to be a part of the shotgun faction, and wasn't autotown at all. As good of a shotgun target as an Elite standing a meter away with his shields down.

As for shooting you, idk. The shotgun faction might have thought tunneling and dueling scum is a thing. Or the primary scum faction may be less certain there are two factions, since the purge kill flavor had a rather positive ring to it. Or it'd be the second time someone who was attacking me had died, so perhaps I was the ~real~ kill target there.
Why the change in opinion?
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2511 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:42 am

Post by Saint »

LynchMePls wrote:Is it just me or does saint have over half the posts in this day? The spamming is making me a bit glassy eyed.
With all due respect to my hydra partner, read the ones in blue text. <_<

I can even hit the highlights for you.

-IF YOU'VE BEEN SKIMMING/SKIPPING SAINT POSTS FOR THE LAST TEN PAGES, THIS IS THE IMPORTANT STUFF-

1) Saint had the Ability Cop N3. We investigated q21, and came back that he had 0 abilities. nhammen immediately pointed out that this confirmed q21 as Town. I checked with the mod on it, and found that nhammen was incorrect on this - he was interpreting the mod's clarification of his ability incorrectly. So q21 is not confirmed Town, but nhammen looks much better for the effort.

2) DrippingGoofball is not only playing to her scum meta, she's making no effort to hide it whatsoever. The mod has wiped the possibility of her being a Town Hero based on the opening flavor. She knows she's caught. She can't and won't argue it. She CAN weasel out of it, and you don't have to look very hard to see that's precisely what she's trying to do.

3) DrippingGoofball is the better lynch Today, part 1. Aside from being THE most likely person to be scum, even assuming the worst-case scenario we still have two Days to lynch right with the Tree Stump in play if we remove a killing element.

4) It is possible, though not particularly probable, that ckd is not scum. This is further clarified in 8) below.

5) DrippingGoofball is the better lynch Today, part 2. I Am Innocent's plan to control the SK by not lynching her immediately is flawed because there is no reason for her to follow orders - it's still the difference between getting lynched now and getting lynched later, and offering to lynch her later is just begging to get screwed over for our kindness. In particular, the SK has a vested interest in wanting to keep the Tree Stump in the game, as no matter who has it in 3P LyLo she wins.

6) My reads up to this point. Assuming that LMP stopped the IAI kill (which isn't particularly implausible) and assuming Goofball is an SK, the reads at this time are are Goofball > ckd > q21 > Coug > pops > all others.

7) Coug is lurking, and...

8) Coug is not only active lurking when called out for normal lurking, but check out this scumslip. :D I can vouch that ckd and q21 have been ITT as much as in other threads, which... doesn't necessarily mean a whole lot since we can't honestly vouch for why.

This post brought to you by the slightly more sane one of the two of the squirrels on butter.

---

Cut by IAI: Somewhat profound. What do you think of 5) above? It's more in Goofball's best interest to keep the Tree Stump in play and find some way to wiggle out of the consequences.

Also, what do you think of Coug's A-lurking and scumslip?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2512 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:19 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Saint wrote:...She lurks as town. See: SA2, for instance
You're out of your mind if you really believe that. Check out a few more than SA2.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2513 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:23 am

Saint wrote:
Hey Saint

Low tier Town read. 5th on scumlist IIRC.
Saint wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:Hey Saint

scum
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

So which is it going to be?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2514 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:27 am

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Saint wrote:...She lurks as town. See: SA2, for instance
You're out of your mind if you really believe that. Check out a few more than SA2.
This is such a gigantic misrep. Ask anyone who's played with me before.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2515 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:07 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

popsofctown wrote:Ignoring self-provided meta on principle, i remember you seeming less enthusiastic as scum. Perhaps only when you're losing, but two shotguns down and ckd lynch all but mandatory, that's probably the case.
Ah, yes. The game you hate me for, right?
StrangerCoug wrote:
Saint wrote:
power role softclaim
SC, out with it[/quote]

UNVOTE: curiouskarmadog
VOTE: Saint
All I was doing was clarifying what happened with the void collector. Here's the rundown of what happened:
  1. themanhimself was lynched while he had the dayvig ability.
  2. The dayvig went to the void.
  3. I Am Innocent passed me the void collector; the dayvig was the only thing in the void.
  4. I did not remove the dayvig from the void.
  5. Due to a misinterpretation of passing procedure, I submit a recipient only for the void collector.
  6. WrathChild, therefore, got the dayvig by default. As it was not removed from the void (and probably because there is no longer a virus), he cannot use it.
Even so, I fail to see how my post indicates that anything was passed to me last night.
Saint wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote: If my win percentages haven't changed by much, I actually do fairly well as scum; that's why my Wiki says I prefer
this
alignment. The problem I'm having is that I tend to do better early on in the game.
THIS alignment
this
alignment
scumslip
I sometimes use "this" to refer to what I just mentioned. I never meant the post to imply that I am scum.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2516 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:13 am

Post by Saint »

Hey Coug, would you like to speak to the squirrel who types in blue, or are you content with voting for no particularly evident reason (again)?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #2517 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:16 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

I'll answer your question when you tell me how you got that I have a power role
RIGHT NOW.
You're rolefishing.

Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2518 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:27 am

Post by Saint »

StrangerCoug wrote:I'll answer your question when you tell me how you got that I have a power role
RIGHT NOW.
You're rolefishing.
Unless I'm mistaken, you DID just answer my question. :?

This probably isn't the answer you (if Town) want to hear, but I can't definitely answer for Furc. To be quite honest I superskim all of his posts and I recommend others do the same. Arguing with him tends to be fruitless (he's even arguing with
me
ITT).

Saint has no way of knowing you have a power role right now. My guess is Furcolow misread your description of Void Collector.

----

More to the point, there's no way Saint is most likely to be scum right now. Not that you've commented on the person who IS most likely to be scum (Goofball) even after a prod. I don't think you're in a position to use bolded threats, not after that slip.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2519 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:29 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

I read it a couple of times, I did not see it as a scumslip. Not thrilled with the lurking, but then again, up until he let you rile him up, he seemed like me that today's actions were pretty obvious, which was lynch CKD.

As for 5 above, I respectfully disagree. DGB has a gun to his head, and if he does not follow orders, he dies. I personally think he will follow orders, call me naive. If he doesn't, he shows he is not Eruci and he is autolynched D5. But the fact he has killed 3 scummy or questionable scummy players (in most player's eyes anyway), earns him one more day in my book, especially if it can 1) get rid of the TreeStump if he goes along with the group and 2) confirm his scumminess if he does not go along with the group.

CKD's death could confirm 3 players, if he is telling the truth about having a role today (which makes me wonder, who in the world sent him an ability last night????)

My return question to you, because it banks on q21 being scum which means you wouldn't be scum:

Don't you find it odd that so many people are wanting DGB out now despite the fact they think CKD is scum? It is almost like they want to guarantee 1) that q21 survives the night & 2) the Tree Stump survives the night.

That above is why I will refuse to vote DGB today.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2520 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:34 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Two items I want to address:

StrangerCoug, please move your vote back to CKD. Saint is not going to be lynched today, especially since q21's death if flipping scum would confirm that slot.

DGB, if anyone other than q21 gets purged tonight, you die tomorrow. The treestump must leave this game. Please acknowledge you have read this and understand this to be the case.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2521 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:20 am

I Am Innocent wrote:DGB, if anyone other than q21 gets purged tonight, you die tomorrow. The treestump must leave this game. Please acknowledge you have read this and understand this to be the case.
If I have the purge ability, Q21 is a dead man walking ;-)

If CKD/Q21 doesn't win us the game, there's pops, and there's Saint. Because if Saint is town, he's so aggressive, he should be NK priority for the scum.

Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2522 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:49 am

Post by Saint »

I Am Innocent wrote:I read it a couple of times, I did not see it as a scumslip. Not thrilled with the lurking, but then again, up until he let you rile him up, he seemed like me that today's actions were pretty obvious, which was lynch CKD.
I'm quite positive there's a world of difference between how you wanted ckd dead and how Coug wanted ckd dead.

As for 5 above, I respectfully disagree. DGB has a gun to his head, and if he does not follow orders, he dies. I personally think he will follow orders, call me naive. If he doesn't, he shows he is not Eruci and he is autolynched D5. But the fact he has killed 3 scummy or questionable scummy players (in most player's eyes anyway), earns him one more day in my book, especially if it can 1) get rid of the TreeStump if he goes along with the group and 2) confirm his scumminess if he does not go along with the group.

CKD's death could confirm 3 players, if he is telling the truth about having a role today (which makes me wonder, who in the world sent him an ability last night????)
I'll call you naive less for thinking that Goofball will follow orders and more for thinking that Goofball has not already shown that she is not Eruci.

The last sentence is OMGROLEFISHING
Any scum should claim an ability if they think they're going to get lynched. It worked for tmh, it was Goofball's first line of defense, etc. If the ability was worth saving I think someone would have spoken up by now.

If ckd actually DOES have an ability, it's worth mentioning that passing abilities to probscum can be viewed as (paradoxically?) a good thing if that scum dies later.

My return question to you, because it banks on q21 being scum which means you wouldn't be scum:

Don't you find it odd that so many people are wanting DGB out now despite the fact they think CKD is scum? It is almost like they want to guarantee 1) that q21 survives the night & 2) the Tree Stump survives the night.

That above is why I will refuse to vote DGB today.
Well, let's look at the "so many people".

Bunnylover, I don't really have a lot to say about because he hasn't posted much.
q21 kind of quasi-fits the bill, saying that Saint and ckd are his top two but trying to retcon Goofball into his suspicions.
curiouskarmadog has no comment.
That leaves me and pops, unless I left someone out. That's not really "so many people".

At risk of defending scum (again) I'll mention that I think me and pops are more or less on the same page (for a change). The Tree Stump surviving the Night is an unfortunate side effect of lynching the last person with a kill ability, but I've already pointed out that we still get two Days with the reduced number of kills even if Town winds up getting it passed to them. With that in mind, it's still quite possible for the Tree Stump to be Voided anyway, and stay out of the game if the Void Collector stays in Town hands. In other words, it's not the end of the world. I've also pointed out that Goofball would be better off either failing to Purge or Purging an alternative target (see what she tried to do with pops earlier?) in an attempt to keep the Stump in play.

q21 surviving the Night says nothing about whether we lynch him Tomorrow. With that said, I understand that the chances of that are not as high as one might anticipate given the likelihood of you dying overNight and Towns' general eagerness to deviate from plans and make stupid decisions (i.e. lynching Saint) once the planners are dead. So that is a potential downside. Once me and you die this Town is going to be made of weak Townies and scum; I can understand the desire to hit as many scum as possible before that happens.

On the other hand, lynching Goofball ensures that we have one fewer kill per Night and relieves us of the possibility of wondering when Goofball will ultimately toss Town away instead of vice versa.

Counterquestion to you. Suppose Goofball DOES Purge q21 N4. What will you do with Goofball then? Remember, Goofy has to die sometime.

Another question. Is there anything else you want out of this Day, or are you 100% ready for Goofball to hammer ckd?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #2523 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:51 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Saint wrote:
Saint has no way of knowing you have a power role right now. My guess is Furcolow misread your description of Void Collector.
Then I want him to answer. I'll take the grain of salt if I have to.

As for the bolded threat, the intended emphasis is how Furcolow got that I currently have a power role, not that I want how he got that I have a power role in the next 30 seconds or so, but I would like a quick response.
I Am Innocent wrote:StrangerCoug, please move your vote back to CKD. Saint is not going to be lynched today, especially since q21's death if flipping scum would confirm that slot.
Let me pressure an answer from Furcolow without Vi stepping in. If I'm happy, then I'll switch back.

I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2524 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:13 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Responding to Saint/vi

First on the possibility of me dying tonight, with two power roles out there that protect from shotgunning, I will take my chances. And one of those protects from purging, but still I did say I think the tracker should be used on DGB just in case.

With that said, if I did die, my alignment would show Eruci, and with that knowledge, this statement becomes much more meaningful. I defer to Implosion as someone players should listen to. He is someone I think I can trust (and if CKD flips scum I know I can trust), and he has a good head on those shoulders and I also trust his reads for the most part this game.

Your counter question is a great one, but one I am going to refuse until tomorrow. Once again, if I survive, I will promise to answer why early D5. If I don't, well then my flip will show you at least why my intentions were legit on not answering that question D4.

As for the hammer, I have been ready. I think everyone has a good idea of what to do tonight. Unfortunately, I still think we need 3 more votes (assuming the Double Voter is not in effect) now that SC has moved his vote.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”