Surprise_Carcinogen
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:24 pm

Post by Surprise_Carcinogen »

Llamarble, that is a VERY different statement then the one you made before. Your prior statement was based on PEOPLE you'd played with before. Your current one, and one I agree with, is about prior events. Currently feeling Neruz and Bgg, but it's far too early to tell.
"But he will not be drinking delicious juice, oh no. He will be choking down a world of hot piss and it will serve him right for liking all those dumbass movies unironically." - Dave Strider
Surprise_Carcinogen
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:26 pm

Surprise_Carcinogen wrote:Llamarble, that is a VERY different statement then the one you made before. Your prior statement was based on PEOPLE you'd played with before. Your current one, and one I agree with, is about prior events. Currently feeling Neruz and Bgg, but it's far too early to tell
anything really definitive about them being scum-buddies.
mafia-edit when I realized I'd hit "submit" while I still looked like an idiot >.>
"But he will not be drinking delicious juice, oh no. He will be choking down a world of hot piss and it will serve him right for liking all those dumbass movies unironically." - Dave Strider
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:31 pm

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

bgg1996 what is your experience playing Mafia?
Apologies for falling off the face of the earth.
I'M BACK BABY FOR A LIMITED TIME*!
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:38 pm

Post by Neruz »

Llamarble wrote:Uh, what's wrong with using meta?
It's a bit early to be trying to work out inconsistancies (or consistancies) in someone's meta, especially considering most of what we have so far is RVS and therefore, well, RVS.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:44 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Surprise_Carcinogen wrote:Llamarble, that is a VERY different statement then the one you made before. Your prior statement was based on PEOPLE you'd played with before. Your current one, and one I agree with, is about prior events. Currently feeling Neruz and Bgg, but it's far too early to tell.
I'm holding Neruz almost entirely unlikely to be scum, and am curious as to why you think that he is.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:14 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Xine wrote:Actually it does, I see him(?) as the most obv town player so far. so, please, do explain.
He was wayyyyyy overaggressive for the RVS.

His next post is actually even worse, as regards that:
[Redacted] wrote:Your first post was a completely random vote that ignored everything happening in the thread and your next one is yet another waste of space avoiding commenting on anything happening in the game. Place a real vote, give a read, contribute in some way or die.

Unvote; Vote: Nerus
This is where I would normally take a quick look back to completed games to see if this is consistent with the person's normal play, but [Redacted] doesn't have any games I can look up for that purpose (alt using an abrasive playstyle?). It wouldn't surprise me at this point if this turned out just to be his playstyle.

Re this: Oh, excuse me, Mr. My First Impression of Everyone is Absolute ;)
Nathanael wrote:PS: deathrowkitty, could you please explain what "Ribbit" means?
It's the sound a frog makes. Why do you bring up this word? Does it have some sort of special meaning?
Xine wrote:DRK, we are all still waiting on your explanation...
Hello, I'm DRK and I'm on LA until the 14th. Nice to meet you too.
Hiraki wrote:Let's not use meta on Page 3 please.
How far into the game would you say we have to be before it's okay to use meta?
SC wrote:Llama's metagaming makes me nervous, but that could easily be a simple mistake, especially when compared to Neruz deciding to BACK metagaming as a viable strategy for reasons I consider tenuous at best.
Unvote. Vote: Neruz
What do you mean when you call Llama's metagaming 'a simple mistake'?
GreyICE wrote:P.S. Llamarble, please don't base everything on meta. Go browse through my current games linked on my Wiki, if you care to I think it's missing a few, but there's most there.
Self-meta defense this early is awkward. Self-meta is generally the last resort of a desperate townie, not an early way to alleviate suspicion. It's excusable-ish since Llamarble did specifically call him out on some sort of meta-based argument, but I still don't like it.
FoS GreyICE

GreyICE wrote:Nathaniel's posts are bringing tear's to everyone's eyes. I don't even know what the garbage he calls an ISO is supposed to be.
However, I do like GreyICE's point on his scumbuddy here. It was nice of him to point it out.
Unvote, vote: Nathanael
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:25 am

Post by Hiraki »

Llamarble wrote:Uh, what's wrong with using meta?
Nothing, it just seemed like your vote was based on it. I go by meta is the icing of the cake. However, for a D1 lynch, it better have some good structure rather than some good icing.

Also, the problem was that you compared something from his town play, rather than both his town and scum play. You could be missing something there.
DeathRowKitty wrote:How far into the game would you say we have to be before it's okay to use meta?
Depends on the situation. I'd suggest at the least D3.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:26 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

So Hiraki, if I were to say that your play thus far doesn't remind me of your scum meta, what would you think of that?
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:48 am

Post by Exe »

Today's vote count was brought to you by the letter X.

Vote Count #3

Day 1

Xine
(3): Nathanael, Neruz, bgg1996,
GreyICE
(2): Greedling, Xine,
Neruz
(2): [Redacted], Surprise_Carcinogen,
bgg1996
(2): Llamarble, GreyICE,
Nathanael
(2): Hiraki, DeathRowKitty,
Llamarble
(1): Ant_to_the_max,
DeathRowKitty
(1): My Milked Eek,
[Redacted]
(0):
My Milked Eek
(0):
Greedling
(0):
Ant_to_the_max
(0):
Surprise_Carcinogen
(0):
Hiraki
(0):

No Lynch
(0):

Not Voting
:

With
alive it takes
to lynch.
Deadline for Day 1 is at 10:00 AM EST on 2/24/11.
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

Do not expect me to play to a meta.
Surprise_Carcinogen
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:35 am

I just went back over the game, and I realize
unvote

As for what I mean by 'simple mistake' is that I'm not sure how often or how much he's played before, so I consider the metagaming a nulltell. It could be a scum picking up any reason they can get their hands on, or a newbie town who doesn't know any better. Without more to go on I'm inclined to put it aside as a null for now.
Surprise_Carcinogen
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:36 am

Hrm, realized I forgot something. The unvote was in regards to realizing that I'd voted Neruz based on misunderstanding his sarcasm.
Nathanael
Nathanael
Goon
Nathanael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:57 am

Post by Nathanael »

DeathRowKitty wrote:
GreyICE wrote:Nathaniel's posts are bringing tear's to everyone's eyes. I don't even know what the garbage he calls an ISO is supposed to be.
However, I do like GreyICE's point on his scumbuddy here. It was nice of him to point it out.
Unvote, vote: Nathanael
Since you seem to agree with Grey's point, but I can't understand it (what is that "ISO"-stuff you are talking about?), how about you explain it to me in your words. what exactly was Grey's point?
GreyICE, I'd like you to NOT answer this question for him, since I want to know what DRK agrees with exactly.
DeathRowKitty wrote:
Nathanael wrote:PS: deathrowkitty, could you please explain what "Ribbit" means?
It's the sound a frog makes. Why do you bring up this word? Does it have some sort of special meaning?
The BrainFuck program in your signature writes out "Ribbit" ;)
GreyICE wrote:
Unvote

Vote: bgg

Bad vote was really, really bad.
Grey, would you mind explaining
why
that vote was "really, really bad"?
Don't you stand behind your scumread on Xine anymore?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:08 am

Post by Hiraki »

Hey Nathaniel. I'm Hiraki. How are you doing?
Nathanael
Nathanael
Goon
Nathanael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:19 am

Post by Nathanael »

Hiraki wrote:Hey Nathaniel. I'm Hiraki. How are you doing?
Hey Hiraki. I'm Nathan
ae
l. I'm fine and I am happy to meet you in this cool game. I hope you are well too.
I think it would improve the relationship between us a lot if we just were honest to each other so I'll ask you a little question: Are you scum?
I'd appreciate your sincerity.

Best of wishes,
Nath.
bgg1996
bgg1996
Goon
bgg1996
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:28 am

Post by bgg1996 »

Ant_to_the_max wrote:bgg1996 what is your experience playing Mafia?
Around the middle-end of 2009 I played a few games on a rather inexperienced site. A bit after that I played a newbie game on this site as a... Roleblocker? It was a mafia role, I remember. I was about to lose, but I won because the time ran out.

The reason I voted Xine? There isn't much of one. I mainly voted him because he said I was mafia. I am a good guy. I didn't need much of a reason to change votes. I voted My Milked Eek originally for almost no reason at all. A random vote, I thought was best at the time.

Also, yes. I get rather defensive. I always do.
People both love and hate me... Without the 'love' part.
Greedling
Greedling
Townie
Greedling
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:30 am

Post by Greedling »

bgg1996 wrote:
Ant_to_the_max wrote:bgg1996 what is your experience playing Mafia?
Around the middle-end of 2009 I played a few games on a rather inexperienced site. A bit after that I played a newbie game on this site as a... Roleblocker? It was a mafia role, I remember. I was about to lose, but I won because the time ran out.

The reason I voted Xine? There isn't much of one. I mainly voted him because he said I was mafia. I am a good guy. I didn't need much of a reason to change votes. I voted My Milked Eek originally for almost no reason at all. A random vote, I thought was best at the time.

Also, yes. I get rather defensive. I always do.
I can support this. I was suspecting you tell now as just bullrushing Xine lynch, but this makes sense.
unvote
vote Xine
When you can't feel the presence of angels, cuddling up to the devil starts to feel real nice. Because it's better to feel something then nothing at all.
bgg1996
bgg1996
Goon
bgg1996
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:33 am

Post by bgg1996 »

Also, if I'm not mistaken, this will be the first time I've actually played as a vanilla townie. (In my more inexperienced games, all of the roles had an ability)
Good luck using meta on me. :P
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:32 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

bgg1996 wrote:Also, if I'm not mistaken, this will be the first time I've actually played as a vanilla townie. (In my more inexperienced games, all of the roles had an ability)
Good luck using meta on me. :P
/facepalm

I'm not able to meta you right now (at friends on mafiascum (yeah, I know...)), but I'm inclined to believe this statement, lol.
Eek
!
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:30 pm

Post by Neruz »

Early claim is early.

Also; Hiraki, why do you keep poking Nathanael for ignoring you when you havn't actually asked him any questions?
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:47 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Argh, claiming early is a seriously antitown move. Luckily he's scum so we can just lynch him.
That was a very scummy vote-explanation. "I didn't need much of a reason to change votes" = "I don't care who we lynch as long as it's not me or my buddies." That, coupled with putting someone near lynch with no explanation at all, coupled with a seriously premature "hey look I'm a townie don't lynch me" claim just absolutely scream scum.
Now we just need to figure out his buddies.

And as for meta earlygame: super early game reasoning is always stretchy. Anything at all that makes one player feel slightly more likely to be scum is plenty to vote them based on as we go through the stretchy accusation -> discussion -> more confident accusation cycle. So I think using meta earlygame is actually better than using it later on as meta is often misleading anyway.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:06 pm

Post by Neruz »

Meta is best used as a reason to justify initial suspicions. If someone is typically overaggressive while scum, then meta is a good reason to poke them a bit if they're being overaggressive in a game.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:02 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Neruz wrote:Also; Hiraki, why do you keep poking Nathanael for ignoring you when you havn't actually asked him any questions?
I just realized that I didn't actually. My bad.

Nathanael. First off.

1) Why should I not believe that NL vote was not scum-driven?

2) Why did you continue RVS with the DRK vote?

3) Why did you ignore my vote?
Nathanael wrote:Are you scum?
Only on Tuesdays!
bgg1996
bgg1996
Goon
bgg1996
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:21 pm

Post by bgg1996 »

Does this mafia even have roles other than regular townies and mafia members?
Xine
Xine
Goon
Xine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:25 pm

Post by Xine »

Yes, please go check out the wiki

I find myself getting curious what everybody's level experience with this game is.This is my 6th game, all have been on this site. I tend to play my games one at a time because my life is too busy for more then that.
like, tonight, I'm pretty busy. be back a bit later
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:27 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Xine wrote:Yes, please go check out the wiki

I find myself getting curious what everybody's level experience with this game is.This is my 6th game, all have been on this site. I tend to play my games one at a time because my life is too busy for more then that.
like, tonight, I'm pretty busy. be back a bit later
Around 10 games.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”