Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:23 am

Post by Feysal »

ThAdmiral #650 wrote:Anyway - I think me and Furc are on the same team. The town team. I already explained why I think Furc is town based on meta and our previous games together. I don't see what is so hard to understand/scummy about that.
Perhaps it is the frequency with which you've made excuses for his play, starting from your first post. Also, I think meta is a very weak reason to defend another player, particularly someone as unstable as Furcolow. I also think that he is acting according to his scum meta, just like you described it:
ThAdmiral #361 wrote:As town he seems to be more active, seems to more actively participate in scum hunting and questioning, has larger posts and generally seems to be more involved in the game. He also is more likely to claim that someone is town in his eyes.
As scum his posts are shorter, he seems to throw out a lot more one liners that don't really push things forward but rather comment mildly on what is going on, he generally goes after softer targets, like inactives, or pursues weak cases that he doesn't bother explaining all that well. He also is more likely to claim someone is scum in his eyes.
I don't agree on the activity part, Furcolow is active regardless of alignment. In Ohne Mafia, as scum, he had more posts over a shorter period of time than here. I can't say I've seen him give many town reads, but he has thrown scum accusations left and right, especially at people who were on his wagon or who suspect him. He has also given weak or no explanations for his suspects, and his latest accusation of Stephoscope is a prime example of a weak case on a soft target, his accusation being almost pure OMGUS because Stephoscope agreed with my case on him.

It looks to me as if Furcolow's play here fits your description of his scum meta much better than his town meta. I have trouble understanding how you could see it otherwise, unless you're scum with him. Nevertheless, it is not because of meta that I believe he is scum, it is his actions I wrote a case of, and I consider Furcolow far too unstable for his meta to clear him in any way.
ThAdmiral #650 wrote:She soooo was being a drama queen. And I soooo have been sharing my opinions on tonnes of stuff this game.
If you think she was, then what about Furcolow and his threat to self-vote? It is from things like this that I began to suspect that double standard.
ThAdmiral #650 wrote:This is bang on the money. I felt there was something weak/wrong/bad about the cases on me for a while now but couldn't quite put my finger on it, but this is it.
You know what? I agree the case on you is weak. In my post I tried to explain what I found scummy about you, but apart from the double standard thing, there was nothing major, just many little things I interpreted as scummy with nothing on the other side of the scale. If it were not for the stuff about Furcolow, I would have much less reason to suspect you. Of course I would prefer Furcolow to die first, but since the town seems unwilling, you are my second best choice. I believe Amrun is town, mothrax is mostly null, and to me you look scummier than either of them.

I have to admit though that mothrax/jmj3000 looks scummier after Artem posted some more meta on him, and mothrax not posting after Thursday does not help. I'm willing to switch to him, and the longer he delays, the better I am going to feel about that.

Back to Furcolow:
Furcolow #649 wrote:
Stephoscope wrote:
LynchMePls wrote:
Stephoscope wrote:I agree the game sorely needs a claim.
That's fascinating, because we were talking about a lynch, not a claim.
Please note that I was responding to RedCoyote's post 585 in particular, and in that post he discusses the need for a claim.
I don't really like this post from Stephoscope. It is very defensive.
No, it is not. RedCoyote did say the game needed a claim. Stephoscope was replying to that post when he agreed on that. His response to LMP is fine. He has posted too little for me to have a read on him, but a case this feeble does not influence my read of him, except maybe positively if Furcolow flips scum.
Furcolow #649 wrote:I know talking to me can be like talking to a wall, when it comes to middle ground, but are you positive you won't rectify your position and situation with me? I am pretty sure that the only reason you would be setting me up like I've seen from you this game is that you would want to mislynch me easily as scum after lurking through Day 1 as the Godfather with little or no suspicions put onto you whatsoever.
Why do you keep assuming only scum would have reason to suspect you? This post makes your vote look like an OMGUS. And where the hell did you get Godfather from? Are you just making this stuff up?
Furcolow #649 wrote:I am also for claiming. Like say I was a Bulletproof, what would that do to the setup? I have also heard of this role being called a Veteran. If I was a Veteran, and had two night lives, it might be wise to claim and setup a circle if there were direct ways of directing via whispering/personal messages. I do not see us having that ability here, so it might not be safe to put all of our pieces out on the table yet.

I was considering claiming Veteran publicly, but I am going to just sit back for now.
What are you doing? This looks like you are just feeling out whether it is safe to false claim Veteran, or possibly role fishing again. Seriously, was there a point to any of what you said here?
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by bvoigt »

Lowell wrote:654 is so horrible it makes me embarassed to be on this wagon. Also, furc is town.
Then join me in voting Amrun. :wink:

UNVOTE: ThAdmiral
VOTE: Amrun
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:47 pm

Post by Furcolow »

bvoigt wrote:Furc, a Stephoscope vote is pretty useless at this point.

UNVOTE: Amrun
VOTE: ThAdmiral

There just doesn't seem to be quite enough support for Amrun's lynch, and I'd prefer this over jmj.
you're probably right
unvote;
vote: artem

he's too town to be town:)
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:50 pm

Post by Furcolow »

RedCoyote wrote:No, I do not. I see no reason why Ivy completely dropped off your radar after that show of confidence.

But, whatever. You won. I wasn't here to fight you over it, and everyone here thinks you're onto something with ThAdmiral.
Not everyone. I myself don't, and I saw Artem defend him. that's part of the reason I just put my vote on him. Another part is that I feel he could be playing to scum meta.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:51 pm

Post by Furcolow »

Lowell wrote:654 is so horrible it makes me embarassed to be on this wagon. Also, furc is town.
i'm actually bulletproof, but if you mean town as in on the side of the townies, then yeah, i guess i am.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:34 pm

Post by mothrax »

Sorry guys, it is taking me longer to get around to my reread than I thought. I am on page 11 now and am sitting down with 2 litres of Mtn DEW and my iPod. Expect content in roughly 1.34 hours, possibly sooner.

<3
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:00 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Loveheart = Town.

Unvote, Vote: artem
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:26 pm

Post by mothrax »

Taking a break, but here are a few things that have stood out so far.

- Why the hell is PI/PI's Replacement still alive? Scumsliped on like page three... "I wouldn't mind being investigated" just reeks of a godfather or investi-immune scum bragging.

Other people I dislike so far (as of page 19)

-His comments on the ThAd wagon early are rediculous. he vocally supports it though he isn't really sure why. This reeks of someone who is paving his way onto a possible misslynch. "I support it and may vote later, but why is he scum?"
In his 318 He says lowell should flip before GW. Lowell flip at this point will give us no info what so ever. If you are looking for an associative tell, why seek one from lowell, who hasn't really pushed or pulled any players. How would Lowell give us insight into GW.
his 356: discredits llama's argument against him. His response to the post is flimsy and made up of mostly "lolwhatever"s.

I don't like the fact that there was a lot of verbal support for this wagon but little to no voting done. I would like to see gonnano flip above any of the top lynch candidates at this point but in the interest of deadlines (though I think we still have a week or so?) I am going to be voting PI/Amrun unless there is something in the next 8 pages to convince me otherwise.

Also: @my wagoners: What part of lurking the way jmj was reads as scum? Shit happens irl, people have to put mafiascum aside for a while and tend to that. Read Nobody Special's Large Normal (121?) for an example (I have done the same) (yes my slot flipped scum, but I did the same in all of my games I was playing at the time, and that was the one I remembered off the top of my head)

In otherwords: If someone is voting jmj (me) for some reason other than OMG lurking, cool, what-evs, but if not, get off your high horse, cause I'm here, I'm active, Get used to it.

Anyone got any suggestions of particulars to pay attention to when I get back to reading after my cigbreak?
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:52 pm

Post by mothrax »

ugh, I just realized how tired that reread made me... even dew isn't enough... bed now, but I have time tomorrow afternoon. I plan on finishing then and being back to the mothrax that some (like 4) of you know and love.

if I don't, may I be lynched.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:07 pm

Post by smargaret »

Furc: WTF? Why claim? While I agree that today needs to move along, you claiming was not the way to accomplish that!

I propose that we lynch someone as soon as mothrax posts his catchup thing, because this game is so stagnant people are going to start losing interest.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:16 pm

Post by Furcolow »

Well, it helps have someone for the town to help out through providing lynch targets.
Also, if the scum want to waste 2 nights killing Furcolow, that is very good for the town.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:15 pm

Post by smargaret »

We can have this discussion about why you don't claim bulletproof in post-game, Furc.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:55 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

mothrax 682 wrote:- Why the hell is PI/PI's Replacement still alive? Scumsliped on like page three... "I wouldn't mind being investigated" just reeks of a godfather or investi-immune scum bragging.
You're preaching to the choir. LMP doesn't want to admit to it, but he completely derailed what was a solid wagon on Ivy. Now all these people are voting ThAdmiral, and I don't know what they're not getting from him. I'm reading his responding posts, and I just don't sense anything particularly suspicious here. Maybe you don't go for the argument that she slipped up during the opening pages. You know, that's fine, that's a really setup-heavy argument. It's debatable. You can't really ignore the fact that Ivy was bragging about how she'd be "willing to be investigated" in an attempt to make herself sound townie. It just sounds off.

Unvote
;
vote: Amrun

Don't confuse Artem for Amrun, guys.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:35 pm

Post by Furcolow »

smargaret wrote:We can have this discussion about why you don't claim bulletproof in post-game, Furc.
I have seen that it is a smart claim day 1, as when it is incorporated it is generally good to lead the town, as scum won't be able to silence you after only one night. That's just personal preference.

I'd rather you go ahead and tell me now why it was a bad idea. The thingis, though, I can't be sure you're not scum! You could be purposefully misleading me on my quest of scumhunting.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:44 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Well, Fur, if you can lead the town off of ThAdmiral then I'd be most appreciated. As it stands, I mostly agree with margaret. But if it ends up working out in our favor, then I won't argue with results.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:52 pm

Post by Furcolow »

Well, I'm not 100% for sure it NEEDS to be off thadmiral. I believe he is town, but if he is kept around in lylo, people might be like "oh, i remember being suspicious of HIM... *hammer*" ->town loses<-

I'm not for sure that is the case, but the fact that Feysal has some weird theory that is not even a conspiracy about how ThAdmiral is my teammate is laughable. I would be perfectly fine being rolechecked, as I know where my alignment lies. That being said, I'm hoping my behavior will prevent that from even having to happen, though I wouldn't care. An easy way I can quell Feysal's mouth from its flappery would be through voting ThAdmiral and showing that I don't really care.

I mean, I care, don't get me wrong. I care about winning. I want the town to win, as that is who I am with this game, but I don't have any idea about anyones alignment so I would be willing to vote anyone, pretty much. I know that comes across as scummy through bandwagonning willingness, but it is just not the case.

I have been seeking people to follow my lead, RC, but just because someone is town, with or without confirmation, it is still best to scumhunt.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:12 pm

Post by Lowell »

From 622, last time I paid attention:

622- admiral leads w/ 8 votes, moth 7, amrun 5
624- furc votes am for "something suspicious" [-]
625- furc explains, something something quote tags
631- smarg doesn't want to lynch replacement player moth, will "wait and watch Moth and see" [-, needless]
633- amrun denies 625
639- furc thinks all catpeople look alike, apologizes
643- scorp enters with useless questions
653- bvoigt votes admiral
654- gonn defends moth case with townyWIFOMmeta [-, don't buy this at all]
LMP, scott, bvoigt all point out idiocy of 654
667- red votes moth due to LMPs strange behavior [+]
670- gonna writes a long post to explain views [-, still looks like fence-sitting]
676- bvoigt votes amrun
682- moth enters [+, decent enough]

Caught up. Two obvious (and unfortunately not lynchable today) players are
gonnano
and
smarg

gonna
has made a bunch of bad posts, but actually 670 just caught my eye this read. To me it's a long fluff post designed to further weasel his way out of having any strong views. This guy is making way to many moves towards appeasement of everyone for my liking.

smarg
is basically a lurker, which, whatever. Obv I lurk my fair share. But posts like 631 are worse than lurking, they're lurking in plain sight. He basically wants us to know that he doesn't want to lynch someone for lurking because they were replaced by someone who hasn't yet lurked. Uh, okay. Combined with the comic overreaction to furc's claim, or whatever it was. Makes me think smarg, too, is trying to coast through, just posting when he can get a word in either without being noticed or can jump to the forefront of an obvious "town would react like THIS" moment.

I'll go back and think about these wagons. moth looks fine so far, so I'll likely move my vote. We'll see...

*SUSPENSE*
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:13 pm

Post by Lowell »

Sorry for doublepost.
red
and
bvoight
are town. Carry on.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:27 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Feysal wrote:
ThAdmiral #650 wrote:Anyway - I think me and Furc are on the same team. The town team. I already explained why I think Furc is town based on meta and our previous games together. I don't see what is so hard to understand/scummy about that.
Perhaps it is the frequency with which you've made excuses for his play, starting from your first post. Also, I think meta is a very weak reason to defend another player, particularly someone as unstable as Furcolow.
Pretty much every game I've played in with furc people have jumped on him, me included. It is generally over something stupid that he has said but sometimes it is just because he is Furc. It seemed like in this game he was being jumped on unfairly just because he was furc, however I think for the most part he has actually played pretty well today...
...until recently. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to express how much I felt he was town as his play seems to have degraded since then. Over the last few pages he has been throwing votes around and I don't think the claim was good decision making. I still think he is probably town but he is testing my resolve, that is for sure.
Feysal wrote:I don't agree on the activity part, Furcolow is active regardless of alignment. In Ohne Mafia, as scum, he had more posts over a shorter period of time than here. I can't say I've seen him give many town reads, but he has thrown scum accusations left and right, especially at people who were on his wagon or who suspect him. He has also given weak or no explanations for his suspects, and his latest accusation of Stephoscope is a prime example of a weak case on a soft target, his accusation being almost pure OMGUS because Stephoscope agreed with my case on him.
I haven't read ohne mafia, will have to give that a look. But from the scum games that I read he definitely wasn't as active and, more importantly, wasn't as proactive. I mean even the ill-advised claim he has made in this game could be described as proactive as he was under no real pressure to do it and I can't really see a scum motivation for it.
I agree that recently he has been throwing around accusations and votes a little too much for my liking, and I am consequently a little less sure than I was before about his alignment.
Furcolow wrote:
bvoigt wrote:Furc, a Stephoscope vote is pretty useless at this point.

UNVOTE: Amrun
VOTE: ThAdmiral

There just doesn't seem to be quite enough support for Amrun's lynch, and I'd prefer this over jmj.
you're probably right
unvote;
vote: artem

he's too town to be town:)
DavidParker wrote:Loveheart = Town.

Unvote, Vote: artem
Um, do you guys mean amrum?

@ mothrax: It looked as though you were stalling just like jmj was, but with those last couple of posts it seems you genuinely want to participate in this game. I think the scum move here would have been to jump on my wagon as I have more votes, but not only have you gone for amrum you have given good reasons for doing so.
I don't feel comfortable voting you any more.

unvote
vote: amrum

To be honest this is much more for things PosionIvy said as Amrum's been pretty ok. I don't like voting someone for what their predecessor did as a general rule, but a scummy slot
is
a scummy slot after all.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:35 am

Post by Furcolow »

claiming helps determine the setup, admiral
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:47 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

What have you determined so far, furc?
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:49 am

Post by Furcolow »

i'm helping my fellow town determine it, admiral
i've so far determined that this town is full of fail

why do you ask?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:12 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Because I don't think your claim has helped us determine much at all. It seemed more you were just bored and wanted to shake things up more than anything else.

Needless to say I am against unnecessary claiming, but I don't want to get in to a discussion about the pros and cons of claiming - that is a mafia theory discussion and would perhaps be something best addressed after the game in the proper forum.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:13 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Furcolow wrote:claiming helps determine the setup, admiral
I know I said I didn't want to discuss this, but I do have to clear one thing up.
The above quote seems to imply that at any given point you would promote a mass claim. Is that the case?
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:23 am

Post by Furcolow »

Actually, if I knew we had a protective role, yes.
However, the key to that would be not outting the protective role, or guaranteeing X number of innocents at a certain point.

In an open setup, where it is advantageous to do so, yes. I actually like having my cards on the table, knowing what they are, and how to use them. I feel it is a very underused strategy for the town, when the scum are much more proportionately weaker and would be forced to counterclaim.

:)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”