Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:47 pm

Post by Amrun »

No. I'm not.

And you're scummy for hammering the way you did and ending day early. I hope they go after you next.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:52 pm

Post by gonnano »

I hope Amrun's just messing around. I really can't see at all from a flavor point of view (or any other POV) how McCarthy could be considered anything but a threat to the peace.
Some men are born mediocre, some achieve mediocrity, and some have mediocrity thrust upon them.
- Joseph Heller
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:54 pm

Post by Amrun »

Once again, it's not my problem. Did I make this set up? No.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:58 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

I already govenored him so its all good. When I said we needed a lynch I ment a good lynch, not a stupid mislynch.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:59 pm

Post by Amrun »

Okay, if that is true, does anyone have any requests for who I should silence tomorrow?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:31 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

bvoigt >.>
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:32 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Can we lynch ThAdmiral now?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:38 pm

Post by Feysal »

That was a close one... pity that a governor ability was needed.

If I had to name one player whose votes we could do without, it is Furcolow. But then, I would prefer him lynched rather than silenced.

Oh, and something about flavor I've been thinking about... while I agree that some roles are more likely to be scum flavor-wise, I don't think we can trust that blindly. Flavor is no substitute for scumhunting. Roles as different as John F Kennedy and Richard Nixon might be just as likely to be scum. Until we get more information from flips, I am going to be looking at the way people have played, not at the flavor.
Beasts of the Sea
Beasts of the Sea
Townie
Beasts of the Sea
Townie
Townie

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:39 pm

Post by Beasts of the Sea »

A few more pages down.
LynchMePls wrote:
InflatablePie wrote:I do have a question for you though - if Thad flips town, then what's your opinion on gonnano? Isn't it still possible he's scum?
Of course its still possible.
I typically don't like discussing hypothetical situations based on unflipped people, but this response got me interested. Of course anything is possible, but do you think it is likely?
Feysal wrote:@Everyone else: Can you give any reason why Furcolow should not be lynched after all this?
Because he is town. I've read enough games with him in them to know. Self preservation is his MO as town, so that portion of you case is null.
Amrun wrote:^^ Top two outlined solid cases in a way that really came off as town to me. LF, on the other hand, shut down discussion in a strange way, but he shut down discussion on PI, and as I KNOW "I" am town, there is no possible scumtell in this for me. Scum simply would not do that.
Your top three top reads are based on two of them building a case on your slot and the other one for shutting down case building on your player slot?
Amrun wrote:I have heard of buddying, but why on earth would scum townbuddy to someone who is the top candidate for lynching?
Scum town-buddying a good lynch candidate, if done well, is gold for them because he didn't contribute to the lynch and looks like he was supporting the person getting lynched.
Amrun wrote:My character was someone I might expect to see on scumside, but he's town.
When you said this were you thinking about General McArthur or McCarthy?
GhostWriter wrote:Anyway, you have a point in that a ThAd flip would most likely yield nice results both from his flip itself as well as from analysis. And my Jmj vote doesn't do much if Jmj isn't really here. Other than that, the case against ThAd is a good one, and his defense wasn't such as to deter me enough from his wagon. My hesitation to get on it was his (to me, it seemed) tunneling of me. It tends to be a townie move when someone tunnels. Also, inb4 someone screams OMGUS.

Unvote

VOTE: ThAd
Bah for the "benefits of lynching someone even if they flip town" justification for voting. Plus the preemptive "this is OMGUS and I said it first so it does not matter" and the weak "I'm trying to be original" jump on the wagon.
InflatablePie wrote:Her posts read as calm and collected while under pressure, kind of similar to her predecessor. She's reading as town to me.
Calm and collected is not a town tell.
EGL wrote:Why is ThAd still alive?
Who are you?
InflatablePie wrote:Anyways, fuck it. I'm tired of waiting for content from jmj, he's a nullread right now anyways, and I don't care if a newer high scumread of mine is pushing the wagon.
Vote: jmj

Give content or replace out.
I have had it up to here with everyone voting for people who are not their top suspects or most likely scum reads. It is batshit crazy. And we wonder why there are 11 different "wagons." It's pretty obvious that one vote wonder wagons are not achieving anything... AT ALL. Let me suggest something crazy: vote for scum.

Also, regarding the last comment in the quote: what do you think of EGL?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:42 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

JOHN F KENNEDY IS NO SCUM YOU BASTARD

bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:52 pm

Post by bvoigt »

I was already voting Amrun...maybe she realized that it was an actual hammer, but the reaction feels sincere to me.

UNVOTE: Amrun
VOTE: ThAdmiral

This time, the vote is staying here for good.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:54 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

haha awesome

786 is the truth
Co-host of The USL Show
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:59 pm

Post by gonnano »

smooth move, bvoigt.
Some men are born mediocre, some achieve mediocrity, and some have mediocrity thrust upon them.
- Joseph Heller
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:02 pm

Post by gonnano »

I've got some things to think about, so I'm returning my vote for now.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Mothrax

If indeed McCarthy is town, then I'm with Feysal about not trusting flavor.
- Joseph Heller
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:10 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

Feysal wrote:That was a close one... pity that a governor ability was needed.
This really reads as scum knowing that Amrun is scum and trying to get town points for it. "That was a close one...." really rubs me the wrong way.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:14 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Actually if one should be rubbing you the wrong way its gonnao again. Jumped on almost purely for flavor after the PR claim then backed off gambit revealed. Feysal is very likely town.
Co-host of The USL Show
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:16 pm

Post by bvoigt »

Scott Brosius wrote:
This really reads as scum knowing that Amrun is scum and trying to get town points for it. "That was a close one...." really rubs me the wrong way.
I'm not buying it, Scott. This post was made after I "hammered" someone whom he'd been defending for a while, and denied being scum when I asked her specifically.

Preview Edit: I agree with LlamaFluff.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:19 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

I will reitterate that regardless of flip gonnao needs a bullet. Not an investigation, not someone to keep an eye on him a bullet.
Co-host of The USL Show
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:21 pm

Post by Amrun »

@BoS:

I never confused anything but names, as MacArthur wasn't even an actual presence in the Cold War. So yes, I was thinking of McCarthy.

Yes, my top reads are based on reactions to my wagon. Using the knowledge of my own role seems the safest way to hunt to me, at least in this situation where I replaced into a game where there was already a wagon on me.

I do plan on doing a re-read as soon as I have time and hope to give a new set of reads at that time, taking into consideration the activity since then. This probably won't happen until late Tuesday night or Wednesday afternoon, though. I'm a little crunched for time as far as something that intensive goes. The first read through took several hours and I anticipate the next one taking longer.

re: gonnano

He is giving me scum pings, but I have to admit, I don't have any specific reason for this. I plan to address this upon re-read.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:21 pm

Post by Amrun »

re: gonnano

I meant I don't have any specific reasons besides what I noted on the last page.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:29 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

bvoigt wrote:
Scott Brosius wrote:
I'm not buying it, Scott. This post was made after I "hammered" someone whom he'd been defending for a while, and denied being scum when I asked her specifically.

Preview Edit: I agree with LlamaFluff.
You rarely see scum admit to being scum, even in twilight. Feysal's post reads as more certainty than a town member should have in my opinion.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:31 pm

Post by gonnano »

Seriously, though, if I were McCarthy and town I would make up a new name just because of the negative connotations that the name McCarthy carries. It's a lynch on sight kind of name.

The whole claim situation is weird to begin with, anyway. Why make such a dangerous claim when there are still other viable wagons?

I can see why it looks like I'm waffling with my vote. The truth is that PI and JMJ have been and still are very similar in terms of scumminess in my mind. I was just as willing to vote either of them based on their posting, but the initial behavior of PI's wagon got me leaning toward JMJ. Then Amrun came along and basically claimed Hitler, so my priorities shifted. Right now I'm leaving my vote where it was before this whole mess started until I figure out what to make of Amrun's reaction to what she (and I) thought was a hammer vote.

Hope that clears things up and/or gives people something to ignore just like all my other explanations.

also, nacho got me thinking...

It could be that some roles are threats to the peace for only certain groups. For example, JFK could be a threat to peace for communist characters because of his role in the Cuban Missile Crisis, but not to capitalist ones.
Then there would be more room for crazy things like McCarthy not being scum.
- Joseph Heller
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:36 pm

Post by gonnano »

@ Llama/ anyone else who has been calling for my death:

Could I see a general overview of the points against me, along with why a scum motivation for each is more likely than the reasoning that I have given for my actions? If there's something that I haven't explained I'd be happy to do so.
- Joseph Heller

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”