EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:57 pm

Post by EGL »

And Furc, I think you've confused me with someone else. I wasn't buddying up to LlamaFluff.
EXTERMINAAATE~!
EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:11 pm

Post by EGL »

Actually, I'd like to see Llama lynched today due to his recent play, if it's not too late to do so.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: LlamaFluff

Tag fixed ~ Mod
Last edited by Sotty7 on Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
EXTERMINAAATE~!
EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:12 pm

Post by EGL »

@Mod
please fix my unvote tag. :( Sorry I'm still used to the bolding stuff.
EXTERMINAAATE~!
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:27 pm

Post by Amrun »

So EGL shows up and votes on the biggest wagon without saying anything. Then he notices someone is voting for him, sees an accusation of buddying, and votes for his supposed buddy.

That's town behavior. Right.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:37 pm

Post by gonnano »

I like how when I ask for some justification of the accusations against me, I'm then accused of being scummy for trying to defend myself. Great scumhunting there.

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but Furcolow actually made sense when he suggested that McCarthy could potentially be a miller. It's the only way that I can see for Amrun's flavor to be reconciled with his townie reaction to being lynched.

On a side note, paper ignites at about 450 degrees Celsius, not 451 degrees Fahrenheit.
Some men are born mediocre, some achieve mediocrity, and some have mediocrity thrust upon them.
- Joseph Heller
EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:39 pm

Post by EGL »

@AmRun, with Llama trying to halt your wagon the way he did I'm pretty sure you're a scumpair. And as scummy as your predecessor was, I'd rather go to the root of the problem (i.e. Llama for his behavior).
EXTERMINAAATE~!
EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:40 pm

Post by EGL »

@Gonnaro, didn't AmRun replace PI? PI wanted to be investigated, said there was a miller in the game, and it wasn't her.
EXTERMINAAATE~!
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:41 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Ok, so why gonnano is scum. Early he did a lot of interesting jumping around regarding the PI slot. Votes her early then jumps off it seeming uncertain
gonnano wrote:Judging by the posts that PoisonIvy has made, I find her to be scummy. Period. However, I have frequently been wrong when I thought that about a player -- and I've seen super fast wagons lynch townies instead of scum much more frequently. Basically what I'm trying to do in this case is to not let my pet reads blind me to the fact that the PI wagon is behaving in a way that I have mostly seen with scum wagons.
Goes between calling PI scum but wagon looks town
To clarify a minor point, I didn't unvote because the wagon got big, but because the wagon got big so quickly that PoisonIvy didn't really have a chance to respond, making me think that at least some of the people on that wagon aren't quite as worried about the actual issues as just pushing through a lynch.
To let haven unvoted PI actually respond since she was getting wagoned too fast. Interesting point here is that he seems to say that PI is being wagoned by town but never actually does any hunting to figure out who the scum on the wagon is. Also interesting is that he is right back where he started.
gonnano wrote:I don't particularly object to a ThAdmiral wagon right now, but I'd like to see what exactly people are finding so scummy about him before I buy in. What vague posts or hints at inside information has he made?
Then we get a very nice post of "I want to wagon Thad, someone give me a reason to".
gonnano wrote:
InflatablePie wrote:Not liking gonnano's response too well. It seems like scum waiting for a wagon, just like GW.
You mean a wagon like the PI wagon? or the Furcolow wagon? or the rat wagon that's starting now? If I were just waiting for a wagon, don't you think I would have found one by now?
This response just bugs me as it sort of dodges the point by providing some examples. I think gonnao was just waiting for a Thad wagon given the last quote, and had talked himself out of the PI wagon.

One thing that is also odd in reading back is the relationship between gonnao and furcolow, it reads a lot like someone who is just trying to keep a player in check with a lot of sniping "dont be an idiot" comments. Something to possibly look into if one of them flips scum

Going to get back for studying for the rest of my midterms now. This is just a start. Other huge part is his reaction to the claim though.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:43 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

EGL wrote:@AmRun, with Llama trying to halt your wagon the way he did I'm pretty sure you're a scumpair. And as scummy as your predecessor was, I'd rather go to the root of the problem (i.e. Llama for his behavior).
So your entire case on me is that I am stopping the wagon on someone who you think is scum, or is it just stopping a lynch.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:49 pm

Post by EGL »

No. It's more about the means you used.
EXTERMINAAATE~!
EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:51 pm

Post by EGL »

And that I think AmRun might be scum. I'm not too interested in tales of ThAd scum these days. You seem to be too insistent that we don't lynch AmRun. It suggests you're somehow paired together. Either as neighbors or scum. And I picked the one I thought most likely.
EXTERMINAAATE~!
EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:53 pm

Post by EGL »

I'll go back into my cave now.
EXTERMINAAATE~!
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:01 pm

Post by gonnano »

EGL's point about the likelihood of PI/Amrun being a miller is valid. However,
Mafiascum wiki wrote:Sometimes an important part of a Miller role is that the player is not told this aspect of their role. Rather the Moderator assigns one person to be the Miller, but only tells him/her that the role is a vanilla townie. Thus, the Miller cannot simply claim their role Day 1 as a prevention against lynching.
We could potentially be in for some sweet, sweet irony.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Summary of the case on gonnano:
- Some people don't understand how there can be both townie and scummy aspects of a wagon. These people think that I contradicted myself regarding PI, and also think that if I say that a wagon is moving too fast I should also be able to pinpoint which of the voters, exactly, are making it go too fast.

- I said something earlier that can be viewed as scummy if you look at it from a certain perspective and then never consider trying to understand the actual intent of my statement

-I dodge questions by providing too many examples in my attempt to explain myself.

... and then there's the time that I voted for someone who claimed to be a bad guy.

Did I get everything? Is this what everybody is upset about? Because I can stop giving so many examples and start giving "X is scum, Y is town" type reads instead of explaining the different factors that are influencing my reads.
Some men are born mediocre, some achieve mediocrity, and some have mediocrity thrust upon them.
- Joseph Heller
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:05 pm

Post by Amrun »

EGL: your attempt at making town think you're not trying to slip uunder the radar with very little content has failed. Or at least it should have.

No scumpair would buddy as hard as Llama has been defending me. Ugh. Brains please.

P-edit: Oh, fuck. If I'm secretly a miller I will be so annoyed. I think it's unlikely, though, since I do have a PR.

The case against gonnano is meh. He is wishy washy and too careful, but not obvscum to me. A little scummy, yes, but not as extreme as some are suggesting. I wouldn't be upset to see him swing, though. He could be scum and his flip would be informative.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:06 pm

Post by DavidParker »

unvote, vote: gonnano

same reasons as my earlier mini-case.
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:14 pm

Post by gonnano »

Wow. At least Llama attempted to make a real case.
- Joseph Heller
EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:18 pm

Post by EGL »

@Gonnano, that doesn't account for PI saying there IS a miller in this game, but that it isn't her.
EXTERMINAAATE~!
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:20 pm

Post by Amrun »

She actually said there might be a miller, which is easily explained by there being a miller in the off-site cold war game she referenced.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:23 pm

Post by DavidParker »

gonnano wrote:Wow. At least Llama attempted to make a real case.
go back and read my earlier post?
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:41 pm

Post by EGL »

Oh I see. "And there is a miller in our midts." was written as a standalone so I thought that's what it was. But it was supposed to go with, "I'm going to guess that A) its USA vs. Soviets/Russians." Is that it?
EXTERMINAAATE~!
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:45 pm

Post by Amrun »

Okay, I'm tired of defending PI's shitty play.

Yes, it was shitty, and so is her English. The point is that in context, it was obvious why she made those guesses: an off-site game she told us about that Feysal found and I checked out. That game had a miller and was USA vs. Soviets.

That doesn't make her scummy. It just means she communicated badly. I can't help that.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:45 pm

Post by EGL »

Amrun wrote:EGL: your attempt at making town think you're not trying to slip uunder the radar with very little content has failed. Or at least it should have.
I'm pretty sure I acknowledged that I haven't posted much this game by saying I'd go back to the cave. So how am I trying to do this?

And my posts may be small, and far between, but they're at least little chunks of meat with no fluff. I offered my analysis on LlamaFluff/you. Speaking of, can you two discuss this game together outside of the thread?
EXTERMINAAATE~!
EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:49 pm

Post by EGL »

Well I'm just saying, I had read it originally as a statement of fact, "There is a miller in our midst." Then she said it wasn't her (she did seem sure about this) and wanted to be investigated.
EXTERMINAAATE~!
EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:51 pm

Post by EGL »

Anyway, if you and Llama can't discuss outside the thread and you are town, then you might want to think about why he's so confident that you are town.
EXTERMINAAATE~!
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:54 pm

Post by Amrun »

a) How is a post with a vote and NOTHING ELSE "no fluff?" Just because you acknowledged your lack of posts doesn't mean anything. I read that as trying to appeal to humor to avoid more suspicion.

b) I understand your confusion about PI's statements, because, quite frankly, they were confusing. It is what it is.

p-edit:

No, we can't discuss outside of thread in ANY capacity.

I have considered the idea that he's town-buddying me as scum, but I have decide he isn't. He's caught too much flak for it and it's OBVIOUS he would catch flak for it, not surprising that he did. I don't think scum would ever stick his neck out soooooo far for a townbuddy.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”