EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:04 pm

Post by EGL »

How is a vote fluff?

Also, how do you account then, if you're not scumbuddies or masons and if he's town, that he is so sure you're town to do such a thing?
EXTERMINAAATE~!
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:12 pm

Post by bvoigt »

LlamaFluff is obvtown.
gonnano wrote:I like how when I ask for some justification of the accusations against me, I'm then accused of being scummy for trying to defend myself. Great scumhunting there.
It's scummy because, if you're town, you really don't need to be concerned about a couple of "baseless" votes or accusations against you. However, if you're scum, your focus is staying alive, so you want to look good and defend yourself thoroughly.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:22 pm

Post by Amrun »

@EGL; A vote on the top wagon with zero explanation is fluff, in my opinion. No wiggling out of it... it's fluff, and scummy fluff at that.

Honestly, I don't know WHY Llama is so sure of me. It seems to be his playstyle. I guess he's a good reader.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:25 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

EGL wrote:No. It's more about the means you used.
So faking a govenor ability is scummy?

Will get to gonnao stuff later.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:57 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

A few things from the last couple of pages...
Amrun wrote:People promoting no lynch are making me suspicious, especially ThAd, since he is the alternative. "Let me live one more night," he seems to be saying.
Wtf? When did I suggest a no-lynch? I would honestly rather people lynch me than that.
Artem wrote:@Everybody who's claiming that McCarthy was a "warmonger": can you please link to where you're getting that from, because I don't necessarily associate spy paranoia with a desire for war.
Amrum described herself as a "warmonger" when she claimed mcarthur in post 704. It's one of the reasons the whole mis-claim thing is fishy in my eyes.
LlamaFluff wrote:Ive been saying PI is town since around page five and still believe it.
LynchMePls wrote:Amrun wagon is almost certainly a GUARANTEED MISLYNCH.
How could you possibly be so sure of this without inside info? I've never
ever
been as sure about a town read as you guys are about PoisonIvy/Amrum who have, combined, scumtelled more than probably the rest of the playing list combined.
LynchMePls wrote:ThAd's sudden arguments with Llama make me feel SO GOOD about my vote. Talk about super survival instincts. "Hey wait everyone, it was just a gambit, come back to Amrun wagon!!!!"
I love how literally everything I do is just more proof that I am scum, and everything amrum does is more proof that she is town.
I just want you to know that you are failing at mafia.
gonnano wrote:
Thad wrote:Quite a few people have expressed suspicion of gonnano but he has somehow escaped real scrutiny
??? Where have you been?
Well to be fair even though a lot of people had mentioned you up until this point in the game you really hadn't attracted many votes.
bvoigt wrote:Also, maybe this is a bad idea, but should Amrun and Furcolow paraphrase their flavor as well?
Absolutely. I notice Furc has, so it's your turn Amrum...

@llama case on gonnano in 907: there's
something
there, but your evidence doesn't sound very damning to me. I could see cautious/tentative town acting in a fairly similar way.

I would definitely be up for an egl lynch though. Completely unhelpful through the day and then there's the flip from this:
EGL wrote:Why is ThAd still alive?
to this:
EGL wrote:I'm not too interested in tales of ThAd scum these days.
With no explanation.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:18 pm

Post by Lowell »

I don't know where the EGL case came from, but I like it. The "I'm not buddying Llama, look: VOTE LLAMA" posts crack me up, and he seems to only show up to defend himself and ask leading questions to others about their ideas. Save room for me on this wagon.

bvoigt's summary of the case on gonna is exactly right. gonna has that vibe of "OMG me?????" about him, and frankly I'm tired of him always acting like the victim of baseless attacks.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:24 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Pie 897 wrote:
FoS: RC
for such an obvious rolefish on the last page, to the point where I'm not even sure if I should FoS because that's just plain stupid to do as scum, but there you go.
When a player mentions that he has a power, all bets are off. If Llama had implied that he had another power, then that would be rolefishing to press him, but not when he outright admits he has a Vig shot.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:28 am

Post by Furcolow »

smargaret wrote:Furc -

1. Why give a miller a power, especially one that looks as anti-town as what Amrun has claimed? I would say Amrun is town before I would say she's a miller.
2. Your character was the leader of a communist nation, according to wikipedia.
3. Why do you assume a 3-man scumteam, especially in a game this size?

Actually, I'm not at all certain that Amrun is scum - I think it's more likely she's some sort of third party role. Notice all the third party speculation in her posts, and it would make much more sense for McCarthy to win when all the communists are dead. Either way, I am pretty convinced she's not town.

IP - I unvoted Amrun because I was under the belief she'd been governored, and I didn't want a no lynch. When Llama revealed his gambit, I put my vote back on, because Amrun was and still is the player I believe to be least likely to be town. Why does that make me scummy?
I'm not limiting myself to a 3 man scumteam. I'm just adapting reads as I go through the game. I have no idea how many scum there are.
1. McCarthy just being McCarthy would work as a miller
2. I saw that. Azerbaijan, or something. Maybe I'm wrong, but I didn't want to appear too informed.
3. see above

I'm not certain Amrun is scum, either. Did you see EGL's spiel just a minute ago? Scummy, scummy, scummy!
Obvious distancing from LF when LF isn't even close to a lynch, after an unvote of Amrun from 2 posts before... I mean, I shift FoS and wagons, but this guy is providing no reasoning. Play like that can't go unpunished, and I'm glad I already laid out a case on him and was buddying him. His defense, a one liner, is inadequate vs. the case I presented on him. If people aren't willing to lynch EGL, I have no hope for us.
EGL wrote:I messed up the tags.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: AmRun
This is the 3rd time you've just blindly hopped on one of the largest wagons. PI, thead, amrun... all with 0 reasoning.
EGL wrote:And Furc, I think you've confused me with someone else. I wasn't buddying up to LlamaFluff.
Actually, you really were. Want me to quote it again? How about you actually quote the case I had on you and respond to it. That'd be nice.
EGL wrote:Actually, I'd like to see Llama lynched today due to his recent play, if it's not too late to do so.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: LlamaFluff
for what reason?
yet again, we're seeing 0 reasoning out of you, when I can provide an obvious reason: you're trying to distance from who I feel your partner could be. obvious distancing is obvious, especially since just a page ago I had highlighted why you all could be teammates. This is not the way to play, if you're town, which I believe you aren't.
Amrun wrote:So EGL shows up and votes on the biggest wagon without saying anything. Then he notices someone is voting for him, sees an accusation of buddying, and votes for his supposed buddy.

That's town behavior. Right.
Right, he's soooooooo town
let's lynch this guy
gonnano wrote:I like how when I ask for some justification of the accusations against me, I'm then accused of being scummy for trying to defend myself. Great scumhunting there.

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but Furcolow actually made sense when he suggested that McCarthy could potentially be a miller. It's the only way that I can see for Amrun's flavor to be reconciled with his townie reaction to being lynched.

On a side note, paper ignites at about 450 degrees Celsius, not 451 degrees Fahrenheit.
I completely agree. Why is that book called Fahrenheit 451, though?
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:29 am

Post by Furcolow »

EGL wrote:And that I think AmRun might be scum. I'm not too interested in tales of ThAd scum these days. You seem to be too insistent that we don't lynch AmRun. It suggests you're somehow paired together. Either as neighbors or scum. And I picked the one I thought most likely.
LOL EGL agrees with my other two reads, then "goes back into his cave"

SO, EGL is suggesting Amrun/LF
I'm suggesting EGL/Amrun/LF
MAAAAJOR distancing imo.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:31 am

Post by Furcolow »

Actually, I'm not so sure about Amrun. If LF flips scum, though, you can book that. I am way more sure on EGL, and after him, I will probably adapt my reads.

Seriously, though, I haven't really felt this good about a situation. We need to lynch between EGL/LF based on this reaction.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:13 am

Post by Amrun »

@ThAd: pushing for a test on governor when you did had a good chance of leading to a mislynch.

I already did paraphrase my flavor, but you disagree. McCarthy didn't warmonger in the sense that he pushed us to go to war with the Soviet Union. He warmongered in the sense that he created so much upheaval and paranooia in his own country. (Interestingly, I am doing the same by having claimed McCarthy. Maybe this game is deeper cover than we thought.)

I don't know why everyone is flat out not believing he is town. While I readily admit it is a bit strange, still, McCarthy was seeking spies. He was doing in real life what we are pretending to do now, just badly. (More irony? Ha.)

P-edit: I'm also willing to lynch EGL.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:12 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Day I, Vote Count XXI

Amrun - 8 -
XScorpion, Beasts of the Sea, Stephoscope, mothrax, Scott Brosius, Lowell, Sathoris, smargaret
ThAdmiral - 6 -
Nachomamma8, LynchMePls, GhostWriter, Amrun, Feysal, bvoigt
mothrax - 2 -
gonnano, RedCoyote
gonnano - 3-
Artem, LlamaFluff, DavidParker
EGL - 1 -
Furcolow
LlamaFluff - 2 -
ThAdmiral, EGL
smargaret - 1 -
InflatablePie

Not Voting - 1 -
Fuzzyman

With twenty-four of you alive thirteen votes will lynch. The day will end on Sunday February 20th at 9am GMT.

GhostWriter has been prodded

Fuzzyman is being replaced: Feel free to pimp this game to your friends. No one seems to be biting.

Also a mod note to let you all know that Andrius is the new back up mod for this game. So if I get struck by lightening, shoot him a PM.

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:32 am

Post by Amrun »

Oops, in my last post, I meant no lynch in my first paragraph, not mislynch.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:56 am

Post by LimMePls »

Thad wrote:Quite a few people have expressed suspicion of gonnano but he has somehow escaped real scrutiny
ThAdmiral wrote:Why a gonnano lynch anyway. I know a lot of people have mentioned him but what has he done that's scummy?
DOES NOT COMPUTE!
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:59 am

Post by LimMePls »

bvoigt wrote:Sorry, I messed up the quotes.
Sathoris wrote:
bvoigt wrote:If they're scum, how would they fakeclaim from memory?
That's the thing, they don't. But by changing some things later they make you believe they were. Hence, I distrust it.
Isn't there some saying about "The simplest scenario is also the most likely"? This doesn't seem very plausible to me.
Occam's Razor. It's your friend.

Tags fixed ~ Mod
Last edited by Sotty7 on Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:00 am

Post by LimMePls »

^^Sigh...
@MOD
Can you fix that? Closing tag should be [/url]

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:02 am

Post by LimMePls »

Amrun wrote:So EGL shows up and votes on the biggest wagon without saying anything. Then he notices someone is voting for him, sees an accusation of buddying, and votes for his supposed buddy.

That's town behavior. Right.
WIN

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:09 am

Post by LimMePls »

@Llama: What's your take on bvoigt?

@ThAd: Same question.

@RC: What do you make of this EGL buisness?

V/LA on weekends
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:33 am

Post by Feysal »

ThAdmiral #864 wrote:So basically you are lying scum, right? If anyone needs a bullet tonight it's you.

For everyone who didn't notice:
Amrum has not been governered, and llama is to be killed asap. Put votes back on amrum.
Okay, now I'm really disappointed. Are you aware that Furry is an alt of LlamaFluff? Aka the player who, in The Return to Liten, faked a double vote on me to prompt a claim from me? You were there, you saw it happen.

If I had to guess, LlamaFluff probably spotted that it was not a real hammer and added that governor bit to stop anyone from hammering for real. Or, he was looking for reactions to the claim. Either way, having been on the receiving end of one of his gambits, I say this is not something to lynch him over.
Furcolow #894 wrote:@Feysal, question from 34:
Fahrenheit 451 is the temperature at which Soviet literature would have been burning at in America, or vice versa. It is the heat at which books burn, as far as I know, and a good book which I'm sure you know.
I do know, I've read it. What I don't know is why it would be relevant to this game. The Cold War was not the theme of the book. It was about a dystopian future, where the United States have degenerated into a nation of apathetic idiots due to a ban of books and reading.
All
books, not just Soviet ones, from the Bible to Mein Kampf. The fire department incinerated them all whereever they could find them.

By the way, the autoignition point of paper varies depending on source, in Wikipedia it is 218-450°C, or 424-842°F.
Furcolow #894 wrote:I like this post from ThAd. I mean, I REALLY like this post. I was starting to be less sure of him, but this pressure on LlamaFluff is good, considering he was the only person I saw EGL buddying up with that could be his scum partner. Amrun/EGL/LlamaFluff wouldn't surprise me.
That is funny, because I don't. This reaction is completely different to what I've seen from ThAd before.

I'm currently in the process of catching up with all of my games, and I'll ISO read gonnano after I finish. Other games need my attention more urgently right now.
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:41 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

LynchMePls wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:Why a gonnano lynch anyway. I know a lot of people have mentioned him but what has he done that's scummy?
DOES NOT COMPUTE!
Very good catch.

Unvote
Vote: ThAdmiral
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:12 am

Post by DavidParker »

As much as I have somewhat-adamantly defended ThAd and never believed him strongly to be a good lynch today information-wise, he is definitely playing in a cautious way that is really looking to be scummish at this point and it upsets me, because I have defended him and pushed for a non-ThAd lynch for so long... I'd still prefer gonnano at this point but ThAd has managed to creep up.
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:32 am

Post by gonnano »

DP wrote:go back and read my earlier post?
You mean the one where you criticize me for voting JMJ (for essentially the same reason you were voting him), then criticize me for voting Amrun when he does something scummy and then unvoting when he does something townie, then say that a general statement about how I would expect someone with the role of McCarthy to handle that role is somehow a reflection of the amount of concern I have for how others see me?
I saw it. It wasn't a real case.
Lowell wrote:bvoigt's summary of the case on gonna is exactly right. gonna has that vibe of "OMG me?????" about him, and frankly I'm tired of him always acting like the victim of baseless attacks.
Frankly, I'm tired of being subjected to baseless attacks. I don't have any objections to being suspected, but it's a little frustrating when the accusations consist more of people saying "Gonnano needs to die" than actual content.
bvoigt wrote:It's scummy because, if you're town, you really don't need to be concerned about a couple of "baseless" votes or accusations against you. However, if you're scum, your focus is staying alive, so you want to look good and defend yourself thoroughly.
There's been a lot of very vocal support for these accusations, though. Is it really better to ignore it and hope that someone else will come save me before it gets out of hand? I agree that scum need to stay alive, but in most situations it's in a townie's best interest to stay alive, too.

My thinking is that if someone lets an accusation go uncontested, it's equivalent to admitting that it is true and hoping that no one will notice. Which seems like the wrong thing to do if the accusation is a poor one.
Some men are born mediocre, some achieve mediocrity, and some have mediocrity thrust upon them.
- Joseph Heller
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:55 am

Post by bvoigt »

gonnano wrote:
bvoigt wrote:It's scummy because, if you're town, you really don't need to be concerned about a couple of "baseless" votes or accusations against you. However, if you're scum, your focus is staying alive, so you want to look good and defend yourself thoroughly.
There's been a lot of very vocal support for these accusations, though. Is it really better to ignore it and hope that someone else will come save me before it gets out of hand? I agree that scum need to stay alive, but in most situations it's in a townie's best interest to stay alive, too.

My thinking is that if someone lets an accusation go uncontested, it's equivalent to admitting that it is true and hoping that no one will notice. Which seems like the wrong thing to do if the accusation is a poor one.
[/quote]

Is this normally something you do as town...as in, devote entire posts just to asking for a summary of the points against you?
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:58 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

LynchMePls wrote:@Llama: What's your take on bvoigt?
Townish. He has moved around a lot in my reads, and is reading town right now but have quite a few reservations about him compared to my solid town reads.

unvote
Vote Thad

Splitting the wagons between scummy and scummish while letting town read get the entire counter-wagon isnt a good move really. I should be able to get all caught up friday. I had a midterm yesterday, another in 30 mintues and two more tomorrow. So friday expect something tying everything together.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:32 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Amrun wrote:@ThAd: pushing for a test on governor when you did had a good chance of leading to a mislynch.
In my experience with governer roles if a player reaches lynch threshold nothing happens and the day continues. How many governer roles have you experienced in your playing history.
LynchMePls wrote:
DOES NOT COMPUTE!
Um, DOES COMPUTE! Read them again, they actually say more or less the same thing but the second one is framed as a question.

LynchMePls wrote:@Llama: What's your take on bvoigt?

@ThAd: Same question.
Nothings really jumped out at me. I don't really have a read on him.
Feysal wrote:
ThAdmiral #864 wrote:So basically you are lying scum, right? If anyone needs a bullet tonight it's you.

For everyone who didn't notice:
Amrum has not been governered, and llama is to be killed asap. Put votes back on amrum.
Okay, now I'm really disappointed. Are you aware that Furry is an alt of LlamaFluff? Aka the player who, in The Return to Liten, faked a double vote on me to prompt a claim from me? You were there, you saw it happen.

If I had to guess, LlamaFluff probably spotted that it was not a real hammer and added that governor bit to stop anyone from hammering for real. Or, he was looking for reactions to the claim. Either way, having been on the receiving end of one of his gambits, I say this is not something to lynch him over.
Return to Liten is a good game to bring up actually because Furry/llama's play was completely different in that game. In that game he was constantly providing good material and looked fairly obv-town from the get go. This game he has done hardly anything before a couple of days ago and since then all he's done is basically ask for a flip and then gone a fair bit out of his way to prevent one.
Feysal wrote:
Furcolow #894 wrote:I like this post from ThAd. I mean, I REALLY like this post. I was starting to be less sure of him, but this pressure on LlamaFluff is good, considering he was the only person I saw EGL buddying up with that could be his scum partner. Amrun/EGL/LlamaFluff wouldn't surprise me.
That is funny, because I don't. This reaction is completely different to what I've seen from ThAd before.
...and? What is it that you don't like about it?
Scott Brosius wrote:
LynchMePls wrote:
DOES NOT COMPUTE!
Very good catch.

Unvote
Vote: ThAdmiral
*Facepalm*
Look above.
DavidParker wrote:As much as I have somewhat-adamantly defended ThAd and never believed him strongly to be a good lynch today information-wise, he is definitely playing in a cautious way that is really looking to be scummish at this point and it upsets me, because I have defended him and pushed for a non-ThAd lynch for so long... I'd still prefer gonnano at this point but ThAd has managed to creep up.
As if? What have I done that is cautious?
Don't ask me to provide self meta

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”