Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2600 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:11 am

Post by popsofctown »

q21 did absolutely no posting in the neighbor QT last night, which is a bit of a change from previous nights. It seems like he had given up or otherwise knew that he'd get purged for sure. Something to note.

Do you folks want a copy paste of the whole neighbor thread? Was q21, implosion, myself, and ckd, although due to the way the ability works ckd was never allowed to post.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2601 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:13 am

Post by popsofctown »

the scum have already seen it i suppose, so zero reason not to copy paste it. Will do so after class, gotta go. Or implosion can do it.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2602 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:38 am

Post by LimMePls »

town win.

I think we should do a full massclaim. At this point we should be able to POE this game to an auto win. I'll entertain objections to this idea from IAI and implosion, plus any other CONFIRMED townies that I'm forgetting.

Also, I have notes from some reading I did last night. Posting that in my next post.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2603 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:38 am

Post by LimMePls »

popsofctown wrote:q21 did absolutely no posting in the neighbor QT last night, which is a bit of a change from previous nights. It seems like he had given up or otherwise knew that he'd get purged for sure. Something to note.

Do you folks want a copy paste of the whole neighbor thread? Was q21, implosion, myself, and ckd, although due to the way the ability works ckd was never allowed to post.
In most games quoting QTs can be a mod-killable offense. Please check with the mod before doing this.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2604 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:41 am

Post by LimMePls »

I did some rereading during the night phase (not the full game, but some specific key events). Here are a few interesting bits I found from early D2:
popsofctown wrote:@TMH case: I don't understand why it was scummy to take diddin's daykill power.
Trying to save tmh.
q21 wrote:
Bunnylover wrote:I passed my ability on.
MoI passed his ability to me. It is clear what ability he had.
Explain how this is possible if MoI died which should have happened before any ability cycling went on.

TMH passed his power to diddin it seems, therefore they cannot be scum together. Both, though, are scummy, but there is the potential to clear (at least mostly) one by lynching the other. TMH is currently in possession of a very protown power, for all that he gave it to himself, and diddin is in possession of a proscum power. Therefore I'm going to start the day with a diddin vote.

Vote diddin
q21 is scum. The vig/SK should have already taken care of this, but I'm noting it anyways. If q21 is still alive and DGB is dead, he is ABSOLUTELY our lynch.
RedCoyote wrote:
pops wrote:This is such scummy posting. Feeling equally comfortable with two available lynches is legitimately possible for a townie, but I expect that position more from scum. Reminds me of my rather crappy SK play.
I await your glorious defense of themanhimself as the townie to end all townies. No? I'm exaggerating? Okay, maybe a little, but you get my point. Don't start tooting this horn if you're not going to stand up for it. I started theman wagon yesterday. I was one of the first to really call out Power for his nonsense yesterday as well (although I'll concede that there were others that were pushing for him stronger than I was). Unless you're prepared to man up and say that one (or both) of these positions is fake, then don't give me this mousy, theoretical mumbo jumbo about what I would and wouldn't do as a townie.
pops wrote:My vote, frankly, may be influenced by how these other votes end up going."
The phrasing here makes this not at all sound like "I'll help whichever needs a hammer at deadline", which would be much more ok.

As a townie, this influence should never happen, unless you think Bunnylover and nhammen significantly better at mafia than you are. There's no reason for it except to be in a popular place to be be, which is a scummy desire.

They're REASONING can influence you, and perhaps that's what made this seem ok to let slip. But you said votes, you didn't say you'd like to hear what they had to say.

An all of that aside, even if a gameplan of proxying your vote to the most popular wagon is proper pro town play, there's no reason to warn us that "my vote may be influenced by how these other votes end up going". We'll find out if it causes a change when we find out if it causes a change. Reading that you might sheep on nhammen's and Bunnylovers decisions doesn't make me have to replan how I play the game. Your vote is where it is, and it's possible it can change. That's always the case.
You're reading into this what I was worried might have been read into this statement from the moment I hit submit. nhammen and Bunny needed to make their positions known especially, above all other players at that point. When I said their votes would influence mine, I meant it, but not in the way you're assuming. In no way am I claiming nhammen and Bunny are sure townies here. Their votes wouldn't necessarily have influenced mine in the sense that I was going to vote with them, but that understanding which argument/wagon spoke to them more as replacements would help me assess which lynch showed more promise. Unfortunately, this decision was made before I really got the chance to continue on the issue.

---

A lot has happened, and I'm looking forward to reading what all has occurred since the day has started. I really wanted to make this post though because I don't think pops was being very fair with me in that post. I think he made it off the cuff and I hope this clarifies it a bit.
This stuff reads like safe distancing to me. pops never responds to this post, and instead gets into it with IAI. Neither slot ever voted the other. Also, see this chain of posts (on page 38) for more safe distancing between pops and a confirmed scum (ckd): 929, 930, 933. Look through pops ISO and it is LITTERED with safe distancing from RC, tmh, ckd, and q21. If anyone doesn't believe me on this, or is too lazy to do it, I'll go back through and do it myself, but it is litterally EVERYWHERE in that ISO. Lastly, pops was one of the ones pushing Bunnylover's "slip" early D2 as a reason to force Bunnylover to "eat the virus". Saint and SC were also involved in this. I'm pretty sure if there's still scum, one of the players doing that is it. Since pops has all the other connections, it's pretty much a guarantee at this point. If q21 death happened, DGB died, and the game is still going, pops is certainly the last scum.

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2605 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:42 am

Post by LimMePls »

I think, given DGB's still living, that either he is bulletproof SK, or scum tried to hit a confirmed townie and got blocked. Since DGB still lives, I think the number one issue facing the town today is:

DGB - SK or Vig?

@DGB: Would you object to your lynch at this stage in the game?

V/LA on weekends
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2606 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:44 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

The Eruci wrote:
q21
was in possession of the
Treestump
ability.

BULLSEYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DGB strikes again!
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2607 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:49 am

LynchMePls wrote:I think, given DGB's still living...
Didn't you pass me a certain ability last night... or was it someone else?

In any event, the ability you received, you got from me, so that should answer your question.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2608 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:51 am

There's still scum left. It's pops. I would very much like to apply the hammer to pops.

Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2609 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:07 am

Post by Bunnylover »

LynchMePls wrote:I think, given DGB's still living, that either he is bulletproof SK, or scum tried to hit a confirmed townie and got blocked. Since DGB still lives, I think the number one issue facing the town today is:

DGB - SK or Vig?

@DGB: Would you object to your lynch at this stage in the game?
If the Doctor ability is no longer in play, then the conclusion must be that DGB is Bulletproof. A bulletproof, unpassable, vig? No.
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2610 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:10 am

Bunnylover wrote:If the Doctor ability is no longer in play, then the conclusion must be that DGB is Bulletproof. A bulletproof, unpassable, vig? No.
Gah! Think. There's more than just one way. LMP will explain it to you, if you can be a little patient and wait for his arrival.

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2611 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:20 am

Post by popsofctown »

LynchMePls wrote:I did some rereading during the night phase (not the full game, but some specific key events). Here are a few interesting bits I found from early D2:
popsofctown wrote:@TMH case: I don't understand why it was scummy to take diddin's daykill power.
Trying to save tmh.
q21 wrote:
Bunnylover wrote:I passed my ability on.
MoI passed his ability to me. It is clear what ability he had.
Explain how this is possible if MoI died which should have happened before any ability cycling went on.

TMH passed his power to diddin it seems, therefore they cannot be scum together. Both, though, are scummy, but there is the potential to clear (at least mostly) one by lynching the other. TMH is currently in possession of a very protown power, for all that he gave it to himself, and diddin is in possession of a proscum power. Therefore I'm going to start the day with a diddin vote.

Vote diddin
q21 is scum. The vig/SK should have already taken care of this, but I'm noting it anyways. If q21 is still alive and DGB is dead, he is ABSOLUTELY our lynch.
RedCoyote wrote:
pops wrote:This is such scummy posting. Feeling equally comfortable with two available lynches is legitimately possible for a townie, but I expect that position more from scum. Reminds me of my rather crappy SK play.
I await your glorious defense of themanhimself as the townie to end all townies. No? I'm exaggerating? Okay, maybe a little, but you get my point. Don't start tooting this horn if you're not going to stand up for it. I started theman wagon yesterday. I was one of the first to really call out Power for his nonsense yesterday as well (although I'll concede that there were others that were pushing for him stronger than I was). Unless you're prepared to man up and say that one (or both) of these positions is fake, then don't give me this mousy, theoretical mumbo jumbo about what I would and wouldn't do as a townie.
pops wrote:My vote, frankly, may be influenced by how these other votes end up going."
The phrasing here makes this not at all sound like "I'll help whichever needs a hammer at deadline", which would be much more ok.

As a townie, this influence should never happen, unless you think Bunnylover and nhammen significantly better at mafia than you are. There's no reason for it except to be in a popular place to be be, which is a scummy desire.

They're REASONING can influence you, and perhaps that's what made this seem ok to let slip. But you said votes, you didn't say you'd like to hear what they had to say.

An all of that aside, even if a gameplan of proxying your vote to the most popular wagon is proper pro town play, there's no reason to warn us that "my vote may be influenced by how these other votes end up going". We'll find out if it causes a change when we find out if it causes a change. Reading that you might sheep on nhammen's and Bunnylovers decisions doesn't make me have to replan how I play the game. Your vote is where it is, and it's possible it can change. That's always the case.
You're reading into this what I was worried might have been read into this statement from the moment I hit submit. nhammen and Bunny needed to make their positions known especially, above all other players at that point. When I said their votes would influence mine, I meant it, but not in the way you're assuming. In no way am I claiming nhammen and Bunny are sure townies here. Their votes wouldn't necessarily have influenced mine in the sense that I was going to vote with them, but that understanding which argument/wagon spoke to them more as replacements would help me assess which lynch showed more promise. Unfortunately, this decision was made before I really got the chance to continue on the issue.

---

A lot has happened, and I'm looking forward to reading what all has occurred since the day has started. I really wanted to make this post though because I don't think pops was being very fair with me in that post. I think he made it off the cuff and I hope this clarifies it a bit.
This stuff reads like safe distancing to me. pops never responds to this post, and instead gets into it with IAI. Neither slot ever voted the other. Also, see this chain of posts (on page 38) for more safe distancing between pops and a confirmed scum (ckd): 929, 930, 933. Look through pops ISO and it is LITTERED with safe distancing from RC, tmh, ckd, and q21. If anyone doesn't believe me on this, or is too lazy to do it, I'll go back through and do it myself, but it is litterally EVERYWHERE in that ISO. Lastly, pops was one of the ones pushing Bunnylover's "slip" early D2 as a reason to force Bunnylover to "eat the virus". Saint and SC were also involved in this. I'm pretty sure if there's still scum, one of the players doing that is it. Since pops has all the other connections, it's pretty much a guarantee at this point. If q21 death happened, DGB died, and the game is still going, pops is certainly the last scum.
orly
DrippingGoofball wrote:There's still scum left. It's pops. I would very much like to apply the hammer to pops.
orly

I would like to hear everyone's opinion on these new most new and dangerous ideas before I offer any sort of defense, actually.

@BunnyLover: the removed-from-game roleblocker is still usable by the removed-from-game joat, so that's one way. Not that DGB isn't scum. Who do you think are good lynch cantidates for today, Adorer of Rabbits?
"Well, I..."
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2612 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:25 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

popsofctown wrote:I would like to hear everyone's opinion on these new most new and dangerous ideas before I offer any sort of defense, actually.
I'm not inclined to believe anything DrippingGoofball says anymore as she is my SK suspect. As for LynchMePls, I can see his case on you and I'm currently deciding how to go about this. Saint is my only strong read other than her.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2613 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:27 am

Post by popsofctown »

Ah, typoed an extra new in there. I look so uneducated. Though not as uneducated as the girl in my Spanish project group who said that "pin" and "pen" sound the same, and, what's worse, went on to say that "whale" and "well" sound the same. She pronounced both of those as well. As a grammar stickler I almost had to run screaming from the room.
"Well, I..."
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2614 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:29 am

Post by WrathChild »

Neighborizer (q21/nhammen -> implosion -> Pops -> Q21)

Is this right?
I swear I left my gun somewhere.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2615 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:29 am

Post by popsofctown »

Thanks for your input StrangerCoug. No further compliance information is required or will be provided, and you are an excellent test subject!
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2616 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:29 am

Post by popsofctown »

Wrathchild you just lost the game.
"Well, I..."
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2617 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:32 am

Post by WrathChild »

popsofctown wrote:Wrathchild you just lost the game.
Expand?
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2618 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:34 am

Post by WrathChild »

WrathChild wrote:Neighborizer (q21/nhammen -> implosion -> Pops -> Q21)

Is this right?
My bad:

Neighborizer (q21/nhammen -> implosion -> Pops -> CKD)

All scum look the same
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2619 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:36 am

Post by WrathChild »

Am I missing something here? Wouldn't this mean Pops is town?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2620 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:37 am

Post by popsofctown »

Wrathchild you totally need to avatar this if I win this game for you:

No child hath more wrath.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2621 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:39 am

Post by popsofctown »

I meant you lost the game as in a reference to the meme.

A manner in which I meant to metaphorically express that you ruined a pristine state no one was aware of.

Brownies?

"Well, I..."
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2622 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:39 am

Post by WrathChild »

I'm so confused.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2623 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:41 am

Post by popsofctown »

q21 started with the PR, not nhammen. Then he chose to pass it to implosion, which from the getgo was as scummy as my roommate's toilet plunger.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2624 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:43 am

Post by popsofctown »

Here is a Persim Berry to cure your confusion: Image.
"Well, I..."

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”