d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:17 am

Post by d8P »

This is day two, PB. Lynches? There has only been one lynch, and we lynched scum.

I'll be away for four days starting tomorrow. Happy New Year everybody!
[size=75]-POST NO BULLS-[/size]
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:07 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

d8P wrote:This is day two, PB. Lynches? There has only been one lynch, and we lynched scum.

I'll be away for four days starting tomorrow. Happy New Year everybody!
I am lazy with grammar- you going to drive your self crazy if you try and pick on every piece of lazy grammar I make-
Mr. Whedon
Mr. Whedon
Townie
Mr. Whedon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:54 pm

Post by Mr. Whedon »

Vote Count

~deathsquiggle~ (4)
- Peacebringer, Fritzler, armlx, BabyJesus
Iammars (3)
- Fuldu, Yosarian, EmpTyger
EmpTyger (1)
- Iammars

Not voting: ~deathsquiggle~, bloojay, d8P, DP, Mini Neo, TSS, Thok

8 to lynch.

If the pace doesn't pick up after New Years, I will institute a 7 day deadline.
Like all creative minds, they must be slapped down.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:08 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

Sorry, I've been unexpectedly otherwise occupied, and probably will be for a couple more days. Did get to finally see Serenity, though, and couldn't help but realize how ironic Days 1 and 2 have been, in a way.

PB:
For what it's worth, I'm not fishing to find out more about Iammars's claim- I would be happy lynching him now. From my point of view, the burden is now on *him* to defend himself.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:49 am

Post by Iammars »

And I see what you are attacking me on is just me explaining my actions. Is it now scummy to tell the truth?
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:03 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Vote Mini Neo

I know I'm not contributing much yet to this game, but two posts in the whole thread? Looks like someone trying to lie low.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:40 am

Post by armlx »

Mini Neo really hasn't been posting elsewhere either DP. I think its more a replace issue then a lurker issue...
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:59 am

Post by BabyJesus »

unvote, vote EmpTyger

he's scum
:coo:
Back On The List: Fritzler, Pooky
Solo Town winner of Payola Mafia.
Scum's Best Friend: Nightcow
~deathsquiggle~
~deathsquiggle~
Goon
~deathsquiggle~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:17 am

Post by ~deathsquiggle~ »

Alright, I hope everyone had a happy new years.

I still want to know why people are voting for me.

Also, BJ, how do you know he's scum. Do you have any proof?
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:54 am

Post by the silent speaker »

Will undertake major read-through when not sick (stomach virus, mainly yesterday) and have fewer tests.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:32 am

Post by armlx »

Hmm... I'm leaning with BabyJ here, but ~ seems good for now.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:43 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

While it would be nice to have him (or his replacement) active, I don’t find Neo suspicious. However, despite the holiday’s lulling effect, I do hold some amount of suspicion on those who did log in but didn’t post here while posting elsewhere. The worst offenders of this seem to be armlx, BabyJ, Fuldu, and Thok. HM to Fritzler, who despite not posting here since 12/24 has had plenty of time for the spamoff thread.

Iammars:
Iammars [254] wrote:And I see what you are attacking me on is just me explaining my actions. Is it now scummy to tell the truth?
Are we reading the same thread? Firstly, I am *not* attacking you for any explanations, but rather for the unexplained suspicious behavior. Secondly, um, *what* explanations?

Refer to [235 (to Fuldu)], [243], and [246]. Have you given a sufficient explanation for *any* of these suspicious behaviors I’m pointed out? So how on earth can you claim with a straight face that you are just explaining your actions?

I’ll summarize my accusations *again*:
1) You lurked while the bandwagon developed against Nanook. [Your defense rests on some alleged role/modclarification which you won’t yet speak of. ]
2) Your have seemed desperate to ready a claim. This goes beyond the supposed explanation of giving yourself an alibi Day 1, since certain details (ie: the fact you were roleblocked) have nothing to do with that.
3) You have not participated. In 21 posts in 2 days, you have meaningfully interacted with at most *3* players: PB (an initial random vote- and this stretches “meaningfully”), Yosarian (indirectly: responded to an accusation, and a brief noncommittal comment about speculation a day after the discussion), and of course myself. [Your defense being the ironic “too busy defending yourself”.]
4) You have falsely accused me of changing your words. Not to mention implying that I am advocating that you not tell the truth.
(And minus points for using illogic.)

Your “explanations” consist of: (a) a false ad hominem OMGUS, (b) begging the question with this alleged role and modclarification, and (c) strawmen arguments that your only other course of action was blatantly lying.

BabyJ:
I’m ascribing your vote of me to be an admission that you concede that your earlier defense of and attempt to direct attention away from Iammars will tie you to him anyway tomorrow, so you might as well join him now in voting me. Would you care to offer an alternate rationale?
Mr. Whedon
Mr. Whedon
Townie
Mr. Whedon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:49 pm

Post by Mr. Whedon »

Prodding Mini Neo and bloojay.
Like all creative minds, they must be slapped down.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:30 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

BabyJesus wrote:
unvote, vote EmpTyger

he's scum
Because he's going after Iammars? Or for some other reason?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:52 am

Post by armlx »

Unvote, Vote EmpTyger
. I forgot about the info fishing day 1 too....
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:34 am

Post by BabyJesus »

~deathsquiggle~ wrote:Alright, I hope everyone had a happy new years.

I still want to know why people are voting for me.

Also, BJ, how do you know he's scum. Do you have any proof?
proof? no. Gut feeling from his posts.
:coo:
Back On The List: Fritzler, Pooky
Solo Town winner of Payola Mafia.
Scum's Best Friend: Nightcow
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:20 pm

Post by Thok »

EmpTyger, I haven't been posting much in this game because, frankly it's been slow. Also, none of the popular bandwagons seem that interesting to me.

Also, how are the comments Iammars made about his role all that different from the comments you made about your role day 1? (I'm thinking about the "I'm seriously considering a full roleclaim" comment you made).
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:31 am

Post by armlx »

BTW, the lurkyness earlier (not posting here but posting elsewhere) is due to a comp thing with this site. Sometimes I get randomly logged out as I am going through the site and can't log back on. I also tend to forget this game exists too. Those combo to this being one of the last games I check and getting randomly logged out before I can post.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:50 am

Post by Fritzler »

unvote, vote: emptyger

FOS: ~
Surfs up dude.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:54 am

Post by EmpTyger »

The reason I’m calling attention to unusual lurking patterns is because the mod warned of a potential deadline in [252]. Things have been slow, and for good reason; but it would be bad for the town for a deadline to be imposed.

Thok:
Thok [266] wrote:<snip>Also, how are the comments Iammars made about his role all that different from the comments you made about your role day 1? (I'm thinking about the "I'm seriously considering a full roleclaim" comment you made).
The short answer is that, yes, I *was* itching to claim. But our situations are different.

I had a very minor reason to want to suspect Otaku, but also felt very strongly that I might be overthinking things. When Otaku claimed familiarity with the show, I hadn’t liked the way he seemed to be trying to shift attention onto Reavers in [32]. So when you asked about the relevance of the survey, I didn’t want to say that there was nothing else, because, well, there was. However, I also wasn’t sure I wanted to come forward at that point, since I wasn’t sure the evidence I could provide would be strong enough to make up for my coming forward. But I couldn’t be sure I wouldn’t reconsider that day. As it happened, before the end of Day 1 I ultimately concluded my suspicion too weak. Given that Otaku’s alignment was revealed as innocent, I’m glad I played it as hesitantly as I did.

However- this is unlike the situation with Iammars. I was not offering these hints as a defense for any suspicious behavior I might have done. Iammars was. The details I have given agree, whereas Iammars’s story has been inconsistent. Iammars has behaved otherwise suspiciously, and has had practically nothing indicating he might be protown. Whereas I (although admittedly I’m biased) would say that at the very least I have actively participated and was correct yesterday about my observations of Nanook and his bandwagon.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:58 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

Some stats, for later reference.

Voted Nanook (placement in bandwagon):
~deathsquiggle~ (3; unvote after BabyJesus brought Nanook to 4 or 5; revote, 6)
armlx (9)
BabyJesus (7; voted after bloojay)
bloojay (7)
d8P (5; unvote after bloojay brought Nanook to 6)
Dragon Phoenix (4)
Peacebringer (5)
Thok (2; unvote after BabyJesus brought Nanook to 6; revote, 8)

Didn't vote Nanook:
EmpTyger
Fritzler (abducted that day)
Fuldu
Iammars
Mini Neo
the silent speaker
Yosarian2

Voted VisMaior:
the silent speaker
armlx
Nanook

Has seen the movie AND at least one episode (as of response in thread):
*BabyJesus
*Fuldu
*the silent speaker

Has seen the movie OR at least one episode (but not both):
*EmpTyger
*Peacebringer
*Yosarian2

Has seen NEITHER the movie nor any episodes:
*~deathsquiggle~
*armlx
*bloojay
*d8P
*Dragon Phoenix (at least, not the show)
*Iammars
*Mini Neo
*Thok

Fritzler never said.
Yosarian2, post subject 87, wrote:Yeah, I've got to say this bandwagon [on Nanook] seems like a bad idea, especally as Nanook seems to be lurking in multiple games right now.
The really interesting thing about this quote is that he wasn't voting at the time and didn't vote in this post. Eventually he said that he found Nanook's reponse suspicious, more than once in fact -- yet never voted him, even when the bandwagon went down all the way to four.

Another point of minor interest is that Thok voted now-known innocent Otaku not once but twice on Day 1. He also neglected to mention any Niska-like entities in his hazarding of what roles might be scum.

Day 2, d8P stands out first with what looks like a double weak tell suggesting he's a Niska.
Iammars, post subject 189, wrote:I agree that Nanook was just a random bandwagon whose fate was sealed by refusing to claim. No suspicion on the on [o]r off voters in that case.
Nothing is ever a guarantee, but
no
suspicion? You think it's a completely ignorable datum? Because I don't and I'm one of those off voters.
Fuldu wrote: I wouldn't mind an explanation from Iammars of how having been roleblocked and waiting for something from the mod caused him to post nine times yesterday and then forget about the game.
That's a damn good question. Neither would I.
Yosarian2, post subject 199, wrote:I thought the speed of the bandwagon looked strange, and possibly scum driven, and then later, I thought Nanook's response looked suspicious, and I pointed that out, but of course I wasn't going to hurry up and jump on a bandwagon that I just said was moving faster then I'd like.
Even though it
wasn't
moving with any kind of speed much of that time? And even though you never saw fit to cast a vote on one of those too-fast bandwagoners?

BabyJesus seems very determined that Iammars is a bad lynch. PB made an odd comment about "role fishing" regarding it too. How do you figure, guys?

In conclusion,
vote: Iammars; FOS: d8P, Thok, Yosarian2; MOD: requesting vote count.
I'd be happier with a bandwagon on d8P, since he has the scum tells and all, but since the bandwagon appears to be on someone else suspicious that's good too.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:18 pm

Post by Thok »

the silent speaker wrote:
Iammars, post subject 189, wrote:I agree that Nanook was just a random bandwagon whose fate was sealed by refusing to claim. No suspicion on the on [o]r off voters in that case.
Nothing is ever a guarantee, but
no
suspicion? You think it's a completely ignorable datum? Because I don't and I'm one of those off voters.
OK, that's actually a good reason to pressure Iammars.

unvote (if voting), vote Iammars
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:14 am

Post by Fritzler »

TSS-I've never seen either.
Surfs up dude.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:01 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

the silent speaker wrote: Fritzler (abducted that day)
Fuldu
Iammars
Mini Neo
the silent speaker
Yosarian2

Voted VisMaior:
the silent speaker
armlx
Nanook

Has seen the movie AND at least one episode (as of response in thread):
*BabyJesus
*Fuldu
*the silent speaker

Has seen the movie OR at least one episode (but not both):
*EmpTyger
*Peacebringer
*Yosarian2

Has seen NEITHER the movie nor any episodes:
*~deathsquiggle~
*armlx
*bloojay
*d8P
*Dragon Phoenix (at least, not the show)
*Iammars
*Mini Neo
*Thok

Fritzler never said.
Yosarian2, post subject 87, wrote:Yeah, I've got to say this bandwagon [on Nanook] seems like a bad idea, especally as Nanook seems to be lurking in multiple games right now.
The really interesting thing about this quote is that he wasn't voting at the time and didn't vote in this post. Eventually he said that he found Nanook's reponse suspicious, more than once in fact -- yet never voted him, even when the bandwagon went down all the way to four.
(shrug) I didn't want to lurker-lynch someone who was also hardcore lurking in another game I was playing in, it didn't seem like a good idea. Also, I can't really explain it, but the way the bandwagon developed just...smelled...wrong to me, I had a vauge feeling there were scum pushing the bandwagon. Nanook's later scummy-looking response made me question myself, but I still didn't really want to join the bandwagon.

I think this whole idea here on mafiascum that changing your mind based on new evidence or just generally being unsure is inherently scummy is a bad town stratagy; it tends to lead to bull-headed stubborn townies who refuse change their mind even when they should. If I think one thing at first, and then later evidence causes me to doubt my earlier conclusion, I'll say so. What's wrong with that?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:55 pm

Post by Iammars »

I think only a claim will save me at this point. It'll take another vote.
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”