Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:08 am

Post by Stewie »

shadyforce wrote:
So are we going to lynch him, or wait for him to defend himself further?
Defend further? I didn't even get a chance to defend myself. Ok, first I want to point out massive's mistake:
Drowzee is definitely NOT the type of Pokemon where three of them should appear in this game. None of the main characters in the TV show own one, none of the Rockets do either.
This game is obiously not based on the show, but on the game, since on the game rockets do have grimers.

Then, I don't really know where all this votes came from, since it's quite stupid for me to actually say that the kill might have been me. i was just trying to help the town realize that there's a chance that the kill was me, therefore still having 2 killing parties, not three.

I think that there is a big chance of there being a third drowzee, I don't see why not.

Finally, i'll claim. kinda. All I can say is that i started with a Kangaskhan, but can't say it's abilities because it would make him useless. Then, i have drowzee, which you all know what it does. Finally, i have a chansey, which works as a normal doctor. I find it possible that being I a doctor, and with the posibility of there being another doctor, 2 doctors have a bigger chance of sucess. i got the chansey last night, so i didn't have a chance to use it.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:16 am

Post by mathcam »

Unvote: Stewie

I'm now fairly convinced Fletcher's not mafia. (Or, at worse, mafia with Stewie). My suspicion of shadyforce just isn't going away. He was willing to put a third vote on knowing that two evil might be around to finish it off?

I don't know what I'm going to do yet.

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:17 am

Post by mathcam »

Oh yeah. I now have a Bulbosaur, a Chansey, and a Diglett.

Cam
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:32 pm

Post by massive »

The only issue I have with revealing Pokemon powers is that we could viably give the Rockets information on Pokemon that would be infinitely helpful in concealing their night-time activities. I'd rather not give the Rockets a leg up; I'd be content with just names.

Cam: did you start with the Bulbosaur?

unvote Stewie
as either he's not Mafia, or he's Mafia with Mathcam (since they both have Chanseys and aren't contradicting each other).

I started out with Moltres. Since it seemed like I was a fire-type trainer, I caught a Vulpix on night one and a Growlithe last night.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:40 am

Post by mathcam »

No, I recruited Diglett (who I've never heard of) and recruited Bulbosaur (the only Pokemon I
have
heard of.)

I think it's gotta be shadyforce. He just keeps coming with the votes, regardless of how close they put someone to lynch. Eagerness to lynch just about anyone implies mafia to me.

Vote: shadyforce

I'm pretty indifferent on revealing, though anyone else with a Drowzee should definitely come forward and say whether or not you targeted mlaker last night.

Cam
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:43 am

Post by shadyforce »

mathcam wrote:He was willing to put a third vote on knowing that two evil might be around to finish it off?
Cam, that's the second time you hinted that 2 scum could finish off a lynch. Need I remind you how absurd that is firstly for 2 scum to expose themselves just for the sake of lynching an innocent, and secondly, if I was one of them, then there wouldn't be 2 scum to finish off the lynch as there are only 2 remaining mafia right?

I started with Articuno and have caught an Abra. I tried to catch Moltres last night but I failed.

(btw, I love Digletts :D, they're so cute, and yet deadly in battles cos of their speed, their Dig attack and the Earthquake attack they learn as a Dugtrio)
[size=75][color=darkblue]I'm never wrong... well I was wrong once but that was when I thought I'd made a mistake but hadn't.[/color][/size]
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2003 5:03 am

Post by mathcam »

Cam, that's the second time you hinted that 2 scum could finish off a lynch.
Really? I didn't mean to only be hinting. It sure seems like a fact to me. There are 4 townies and 2 mafia left, presumably. If the two mafia succeed in lynching today, there are 3 townies and 2 mafia left. When a townie dies overnight, there are 2 townies and 2 mafia left. The mafia win. I thought I had made this clear before, and the fact that you keep questioning it is just adding to your suspiciousness.
if I was one of them, then there wouldn't be 2 scum to finish off the lynch as there are only 2 remaining mafia right?
Shady, you were the 3rd of 4 to lynch. Only
one
more evil, now two, had to jump on to finish the kill. You're just digging yourself a deeper and deeper grave.

Now that I think about it, perhaps a more likely situation (Conoisseurs of Pokemon should feel free to correct me): Isn't the tournament won by a single player? Maybe there is no mafia, but rather a collection of individual serial killers. That would certainly do a better job of explaining the multiple kills. AND it would explain why Shadyforce keeps dismissing the possibility of a mafia group ending the lynch.

This has got to be clear to someone else now, right? There is now no doubt in my mind that shady is evil. If
anyone
(other than shady) disagrees, I'm all ears, but I doubt you're going to change my mind.

Cam
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2003 6:01 am

Post by shadyforce »

mathcam wrote:
if I was one of them, then there wouldn't be 2 scum to finish off the lynch as there are only 2 remaining mafia right?
Shady, you were the 3rd of 4 to lynch. Only
one
more evil, now two, had to jump on to finish the kill. You're just digging yourself a deeper and deeper grave.
Well, that's my mistake, sorry, I thought I had put it 2 from a lynch.

No, your hypothesis about there being individual killers looks unlikely given that PBuG is a Rocket. And the don't call it "Team Rocket" for nothing.

So that either leaves me mafia with someone else, or townie. Make up your own minds, but my strongest suspicion still lies with Someone and Stewie. But that's all it is, a suspicion, I can't be sure of anything, and neither can you mathcam.
[size=75][color=darkblue]I'm never wrong... well I was wrong once but that was when I thought I'd made a mistake but hadn't.[/color][/size]
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2003 6:17 am

Post by mathcam »

No, your hypothesis about there being individual killers looks unlikely given that PBuG is a Rocket. And the don't call it "Team Rocket" for nothing.
So in the show, the whole team wins a tournament rather than just one player? Maybe each Team Rocket gets a kill? I'm quite willing to abandon this idea if it's as unplausible as shady suggests.

But this wasn't the key factor in my argument against Shadyforce. You're quite right that I can't be sure about my suspicion, and I will certainly admit that it is, in fact, just a suspicion, but it's as strong of one as I ever get playing mafia, and hence the vote.

Cam
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2003 6:25 am

Post by shadyforce »

I understand where you are coming from. If roles were reversed, I'd be voting me as well. I understand my mistake though. I was over-zealous with the return of the game and a little too eager to get info and get the game moving, and I wasn't careful enough about putting the vote-count too close to the lynch count.

I suggest we get the others to reveal their pokémon first though, and if you must lynch me, know this: Even though probability-wise, it's the best play, it will almost certainly cost us the game.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2003 8:48 am

Post by massive »

Right now, shadyforce is looking the most innocent to me. When I saw I had a Moltres, I figured the other two Legendary Pokemon had to be in the game ... it was just a matter of time before Articuno and Zapdos came out. No one would risk claiming one of the Legendary knowing that they were in the game, because the risk of being called out is too high.

That's also why I said I'd seriously doubt the claim of anyone claiming my initial Pokemon - the Legendary are just that, Legendary, and shouldn't be owned by more than one person.

Cam: Something to remember about Team Rocket: they're not in the tournament. They've most likely snuck into the tournament to try and sabotage it. It's very rare when they actually compete in tournaments.

The only one we don't know anything about is Fletcher; I'm willing to move that direction if the entire tournament agrees.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2003 8:52 am

Post by mathcam »

Okay, okay, maybe I'll actually do some research in this game. Legendary pokemon, eh?

I still think shadyforce is most suspicious, though.

And Fletcher could have killed Stewie and probably won the game for the mafia, but didn't.

Cam
Someone
Someone
Well, we gotta remove Someone
Someone

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:50 am

Post by Someone »

Right now, shadyforce is looking the most innocent to me. When I saw I had a Moltres, I figured the other two Legendary Pokemon had to be in the game ... it was just a matter of time before Articuno and Zapdos came out. No one would risk claiming one of the Legendary knowing that they were in the game, because the risk of being called out is too high.
Didn't we decide that team rocket could have pokemon too? That means that shady isn't cleared because he was unable to catch moltres.
This is just here so my posts don't look so ugly when I edit them.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:08 am

Post by massive »

He was unable to catch Moltres because *I* have Moltres, and haven't used him. As far as I remember (and this is from the TV show), the Legendary Pokemon are singular, meaning you can't catch multiples of them.

Plus, since I know *I*'m pro-town and have a Legendary Pokemon, it makes sense that the other two would be pro-town as well.

I hate to say this, cam, but I think you're the most suspicious right now to me. Why did you pick Diglett? You've already said you had no idea what that was. Even marginal reading of a Pokemon website would give you some idea of what Pokemon might have a good, pro-town ability ... I even suggested Jigglypuff on day one. Chansey's ability had already been put out in the thread, although it's logical that that is Chansey's ability. It's almost as if you've gained the trust of the town by revealing absolutely no new information ...

I hate going up against mathcam. I know he's smarter than me. I always feel like such a heel for doing it. :)
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:27 am

Post by Someone »

Plus, since I know *I*'m pro-town and have a Legendary Pokemon, it makes sense that the other two would be pro-town as well.
That's what is wrong with your statement. You do not *know* that only pro-towns people can catch legendary pokemon. As far as we know...team rocket can choose to capture any pokemon as can we.
This is just here so my posts don't look so ugly when I edit them.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:38 am

Post by Stewie »

yes, but there's only one legendary pokemon of each. I disagee to massive's idea that there is an articuno and a zapdos, since it would make it too easy. let's just all claim first pokemons and then lynch among the ones that do not have a legendary pokemon. Scum wouldn't claim them.
Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:52 am

Post by Fletcher »

What, Stewie?

Anyway, I started with a Psyduck, night one I caught a Jigglypuff, then night two I caught a Growlithe.

I'm confused as to why Stewie is innocent. Please, explain this to me. No one at the moment really sticks out to me, but I would like to know about Stewie.
[size=75]"But you know what they say. 'Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is... umm... really, really dumb and bad.'"- Strong Bad[/size]
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:00 am

Post by massive »

... and that goes to show that the theory is wrong: There's no Zapdos (since only Fletcher hadn't claimed his Pokemon, he was the only one who could have had it).

So right now, claim-wise, in order of catching:

Me: Moltres, Vulpix, Growlithe
Fletcher: Psyduck, Jigglypuff, Growlithe
mathcam: Chansey, Diglett, Bulbasaur
Someone: Shellder, Meowth, Ditto
Stewie: Kangaskhan, Drowzee, Chansey
shadyforce: Articuno, Abra

Fletcher: Who did you use last night? I'm assuming Jigglypuff.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:29 am

Post by Stewie »

I asume so too.

And Fletcher, nobody, other than myself, knows for sure that i am innocent, unless there's a cop around. Nobody really said i was innocent, but I don't think I am suspicious either. I had info that could help the town, so I spilled it.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:05 pm

Post by massive »

Hrm. Shadyforce ... when you read your PM about Articuno, did you have the same impression that I did - that all three Legendary Pokemon were in the game? I would have argued that point for quite a while, had it come up. Were you as surprised as I was to see no Zapdos?
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:53 pm

Post by mole »

Vote Count

Stewie 1 (shadyforce)
shadyforce 1 (mathcam)
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2003 3:12 am

Post by shadyforce »

massive wrote:Hrm. Shadyforce ... when you read your PM about Articuno, did you have the same impression that I did - that all three Legendary Pokemon were in the game? I would have argued that point for quite a while, had it come up. Were you as surprised as I was to see no Zapdos?
Not at first, which was why I tried to catch moltres, until I saw that you had moltres, and the whole thing seemed to fall into place. But, yeah, I'm very surprised no one has Zapdos.

Could someone be lying about him? Liars are usually mafia, and mafia would have no reason to lie about having a Zapdos, plus it would go against your hypothesis. Another possibility is that it was a townie who lied, to hide the power of the pokémon they have or something, and reluctant to reveal it now cos they'll be called scum and probably lynched.

We could check if someone has Zapdos by one of us trying to catch him tonight.

Anyway. I think Fletcher is innocent, also massive. I have suspicions of mathcam, Stewie and Someone. I'm convinced 2 of the 3 are scum. My vote currently lies at Stewie, I think.
Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2003 11:23 am

Post by Fletcher »

I have not used Jigglypuff or Psyduck. Psyduck is a one shot and I was not sure who to use it on so I decided to save it's power for later. If you want I can tell you my Jigglypuff's power and then explain why I haven't used it otherwise I would not be able explain it to you without giving you its power. And of course I have not used my Growlithe because I just caught it last night.
[size=75]"But you know what they say. 'Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is... umm... really, really dumb and bad.'"- Strong Bad[/size]
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2003 11:25 am

Post by massive »

Fletcher: I'd be really interested to hear what Jigglypuff's ability is. I had what I thought was a pretty good idea, so it surprises me to hear you say that you didn't use it.
Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:25 pm

Post by Fletcher »

Well its power is to stop whoever I choose from doing any night actions that night. I'm cautious to use it because I don't want to risk stopping anyone from catching and/or using their Pokemon.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”