Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:41 pm

Post by Neruz »

Dunno about MME or SC, but i'm pretty sure there's at least one scum in Xine, Redacted, GreyICE and Nathaniel. bgg comes off as scum in one post, and town in the next so i'm not sure what to do with him anymore.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:51 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Neruz wrote:Dunno about MME or SC, but i'm pretty sure there's at least one scum in Xine, Redacted, GreyICE and Nathaniel. bgg comes off as scum in one post, and town in the next so i'm not sure what to do with him anymore.
Ugh, vigbait if I ever saw it.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
bgg1996
bgg1996
Goon
bgg1996
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:03 pm

Post by bgg1996 »

Hiraki: complete sentences.

Use them.
People both love and hate me... Without the 'love' part.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:22 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Llamarble wrote:@GreyIce: Haha. I'll try to be better. I drove from California to Chicago this week.
I've been rereading this game taking notes, and am up to post 200 on that.

Unfortunately I ran into the sleep barrier again. But here are my reads so far:
Town:
Me
DRK
GreyICE
1A
Neruz

Unsure:
Redacted
Nathanael
SC
Hiraki
Ant

Scummy
MME
bgg (wifom avalanche, unexplained L-2). He's just not newbie enough to justify that much wifomy stuff. Also premature VT claim.
Xine (counterwagons onto bgg after she gets to L-2 in rvs, insufficient scumhunting, vote posts that feel justificationy, now is wagoning onto
1B
Neruz, has expressed willingness to hammer GreyIce while he was helping her to lynch bgg whom she supposedly believed to be scum)
Greedling (2 posts all day and neither of them good...)

VOTE: Xine
Yeah after this post, I'm willing to say that something is up about Llama. I'm impatient, so I'll explain it. I have bolded numbers to the points of focus.

1(A+B): As you can see, Llama put both Neruz as scummy and town. That's the obvious part. However, there's more to this point. When explaining why Neruz is scummy, he notes that he was willing to hammer GreyICE for having the same opinion. That really isn't that scummy. Per se, I can agree with scum, but I don't need to be scum to do that.

2: This is basic opportunism. He just saw easy bait. Not to mention, having 2 bad posts isn't a good reason why you should lynch someone. 2 posts should make you think a bit more, no? More emphasis on the opportunity though.

3: Here's where it gets ridiculous. Insufficient scumhunting? What the hell? Vote posts that feel justificationy? No one questioned this?

Explain these now. I'll agree on your last point though.

4: Why is she town? Just wondering. You only mentioned her once in your ISO.

5: Why he not scum? He looks like scum if Xine is scum.

6: First off, how do you know he's not newbie? For all we know, he could've been making up those inexperienced games. Not to mention, they were inexperienced games, and bgg has only played 1 newbie game. For all we know, he could be a newbie.

Also, why is unexplained L-2 a reason? This really looks like a justification to fit in with everyone.

FFS. This looks like a report that someone copy+pasted from Wikipedia, just Wikipedia is this thread. There's no content, and I am not happy.

P.E.
bgg1996 wrote:Hiraki: complete sentences.

Use them.
Oh sorry. I'm part of the Allies.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:26 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Hiraki: Basic reading comprehension skills increase the odds of us taking you seriously.

Everything else you wrote was serious nonsense.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:42 pm

Post by Neruz »

Um, yeah, i'm with GreyICE on this, at the very least even i can see that your 1(A+B) is wrong; my name is mentioned in the scummy section explaining why Xine is scummy; because she is wagoning on me. He then goes on to add that Xine is also scummy because she expressed willingness to hammer GreyICE in this post.

2 is silly; although Xine putting Greedling as scummy is also silly; Greedling has lurked far too hard for anyone to have any reads on him whatsoever. Lynching him for lurking would be 100% fine, but declaring his alignment based on the two posts he has made is rediculous.

3 just sounds like you're whinging about a lack of explanation.

4 is more lack of explanation.

5 is yet more lack of explanation.

6 is discussing bgg. Nothing more needs to be said at this point in the game.

So considering half of the points of contention you brought up were due to Llmarble not going into an in-depth explanation of his choices, but only
certain
choices (i note you didn't demand an explanation for why GreyICE is town, or Redacted is unsure etc etc), one was blatantly incorrect, one was reacting to a lurker and one was bgg, that entire post you just made Hiraki looks to be even more contentless than the one you quoted.

I might even go so far as to say that entire post is a waste of text. All you've successfully done is point out that Llmarble didn't explain every single one of his reads, which is pretty normal for that kind of 'these are my reads on everyone' post.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:03 pm

Post by Hiraki »

I'm saddened by your opinions. However, I'm sticking to mine.

You don't mind, do you?
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:36 pm

Post by Neruz »

I take it inredibly personally; you have gravely insulted me sir. I am throwing down the gauntlet and challenging you to a duel! Choose your weapons.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:28 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Hiraki, are you on a phone? I think you missed a lot of newlines because that post doesn't make any sense.

One thing that I hadn't caught on my previous read is that Bgg has gotten even worse.
He goes from "are there any non VTs in this game mommy?" To
"I wonder if GreyIce is so intent on Xine because he daycawped her" (Heh reminds me of Beefster in MPM)
And then says
"I was scummy earlier because I don't want the mafia to kill me"
So his primary objective in this game has by his own admission been to stay alive... He admits some of his retardation was intentional, so the lynch all liars maxim applies too.
AAARRRRRGGHH This is blatantly playing against wincon if he's town.
And he's not even that much of a newb; he played a newbie game where he was vaguely intelligible and several games offsite.
He needs to die at some point since I simply refuse to lose to this strategy if he's scum. He claimed VT. Maybe we should just lynch him today after all.

His game relevant actions have been placing unexplained L-2, prematurely claiming VT, and wagoning Neruz who is probably town.
Aside from that he has displayed utterly unbelievable ignorance, apparently in order to not die. And a total lack of scumhunting. He is trolling or he is scum.

How many days do we have left? Wait the deadline is tomorrow or the day after??
I was about to revote bgg but we can't do that.
THE DEADLINE IS REALLY SOON

More Xine votes then please, I guess. Unless we get the extension on Greedling replacement (he has posted twice the whole game after all).

And let's not lynch Neruz because he's town, okay?
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:34 pm

Post by GreyICE »

<3
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:19 pm

Post by Neruz »

Honestly, i'm about 40% sure that bgg is an alt account trolling the game. I cannot explain his actions as anything else.
Xine
Xine
Goon
Xine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:24 am

Post by Xine »

I don't remember saying Greedling was scummy, too lurky to get a read. I am not seeing the Nreuz lynch happen. I would jump on with a bgg or nath lynch, but only if there was some way I could be sure they will go thru. I won't cry if you all lynch me, it would be better for the town to get my flip then a no lynch. I'll be sure to check in when I get home from work. (pre coffee posting...when will I learn to not do this?)
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:35 am

Post by Exe »

Ant has requested replacement due to technical difficulties.
Greedling is being force replaced.
Surprise_Carcinogen has been prodded...and his last post talked about internet troubles....Idk what to do with that >.>

My policy on deadlines: If I must replace AND the deadline hits, the deadline will be pushed based on the number of days between prod + replacement. I.e. It's been 3 days since Greedling was prodded, and if it takes 2 days to replace him, you all will have 5 days after the replacement until the new deadline.

Sound good? I hope so.
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

Do not expect me to play to a meta.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:24 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

Moved to your next [Redacted] post...please try to not make this mistake anymore, as it makes ISO very difficult.
Last edited by Exe on Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:26 am

Post by Exe »

@Mod: How does triple replacements effect the deadline? Is is prod + replacement time period after all three slots are filled?
After the total period, i.e., from first prod to final replacement.
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:15 am

Post by Neruz »

Xine wrote:Nreuz
Is my name
really
that hard?
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:21 am

Post by GreyICE »

Not really Naruz, I get it right every time.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:25 am

Post by Hiraki »

GreyICE wrote:Not really Naruz, I get it right every time.
HA. You spelled it rong!
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:55 am

Post by Neruz »

Hiraki wrote:
GreyICE wrote:Not really Naruz, I get it right every time.
HA. You spelled it rong!
icwatudidtheire
Redacted
Redacted
Goon
Redacted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:53 am

Post by Redacted »

[Redacted], from when he posted on TBH wrote:Alright due to time constraints, a messed up sleep schedule and the game I'm modding going ahead I'm just rolling the two posts I wanted to make into one (Also DRK was more boring then expected.)
DeathRowKitty wrote:Deadline is in under 3 days. We need to start making something happen here and I don't see a better option out there than Nathanael.
Pretty much all of today you have only really gone after Nath (Yes, yes pot kettle black I know) with deadline extended is there anyone other then Nath you are interested in going for? You've mentioned that Hikari is slipping under the wagon and that your seeing a Nath / Neruz connection (which I agree with you about) but you find Neruz town leaning (boo).
Nathanael wrote:*prod dodge*

content asap.
:cough:
Xine wrote: I would jump on with a bgg or nath lynch, but only if there was some way I could be sure they will go thru. I won't cry if you all lynch me, it would be better for the town to get my flip then a no lynch.
What is this I don't even.....

First off what's this you would only jump on Bgg / Nath lynch if your sure it would go through business but then you soft-claim support for a lynch on yourself? You have absolutely no scum read your willing to wagon for?

Your rational for switching over to the Neruz wagon was;
Xine wrote:Neruz has declared willingness to lynch someone he believes to be town to remove an annoying player. I thought the plan was to lynch scum, wasn't that your plan, Neruz? I've seen enough to have reached a decision
VOTE: Neruz
I can say this about you now, Xine has expressed a lack of concern about lynching someone she knows to be town rather then look for scum, I thought the plan was to lynch scum, wasn't that your plan Xine?

Unvote:
for now, I'll be placing my vote in my next post but I need to do some meta work and
@Mod:
How does triple replacements effect the deadline? Is is prod + replacement time period after all three slots are filled?
-----

Way to spam uselessly guys.
Last edited by Exe on Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The user formerly known as [Redacted].
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:03 am

Post by Hiraki »

[Redacted] wrote:Way to spam uselessly guys.
Well sorry princess.

Mod: Request Votals
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:04 pm

Post by Exe »

No hits on replacements... :(

Vote Count #10

Day 1

Xine
(5): Greedling, GreyICE, Hiraki, Neruz, Llamarble,
Neruz
(4):Ant_to_the_max, Nathanael, Xine, bgg1996,
bgg1996
(1): Surprise_Carcinogen,
Nathanael
(1): DeathRowKitty,
DeathRowKitty
(1): My Milked Eek,
Surprise_Carcinogen
(0):
Llamarble
(0):
GreyICE
(0):
[Redacted]
(0):
My Milked Eek
(0):
Greedling
(0):
Ant_to_the_max
(0):
Hiraki
(0):

No Lynch
(0):

Not Voting
: [Redacted],

With
alive it takes
to lynch.
Deadline for Day 1 is at 10:00 AM EST on 2/24/11.

Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:07 am

Post by Hiraki »

Yuck. No talking for a good 10 hours.

V/LA until Late Friday
Nathanael
Nathanael
Goon
Nathanael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:03 am

Post by Nathanael »

Neruz wrote:
Nathanael wrote:a) why do you think I think you are scum? Yes, this is a serious question I'd like you to answer.
You don't. You think you can get a wagon going on me and lynch me.
Try again please. (no sarcasm/irony meant.)
Small hint: I do believe you are scum.
bgg1996 wrote:Anyway, the reason for the switch, is at the beginning I was a little bit afraid of dying in the first round, not having enough fun, so I didn't want to look too helpful, else the mafia might kill me.
After there was a big wagon against me, I figured that the mafia wasn't going to kill me, because I was suspicious and could be helpful to them later by pulling the attention away from them. Like a shield. That was when I believed it was safe to actively scumhunt. It's not an honorable, or popular reason, but it's the real one.
This just made you lose every bit of town-read I had on you.
DeathRowKitty wrote:
Nathanael wrote:Sometimes it is much easier to go looking for town-reads than for scum-reads. And then you have to find scum based on you town-reads. Well, this is one of those cases.
If it's easier for him to find town reads in this game than scum reads, then why does he have the same number of town and scum reads. Even aside from that, if he's really hunting from process of elimination like he seems to be implying, how is he doing so if he had null reads on literally half of the game?
I found one solid town-read, namely bgg (even if the quoted post shattered it lately.), and then tried to deduce my scumreads from it. This means that of course the scumreads were dependent of my town-read, and now I have to rethink quite a bit (this is why I don't have Xine so scummy anymore.) Also, I never said or implied that I was going by PoE. I just said that if one (in this case only one) strong town read sticks out, one can get more by looking for scum based on that townread.
DeathRowKitty wrote:This is going to sound a bit nit-picky, buuuuut.....does it bother anyone else that his list of reads is
completely
symmetrical? One scum, one town. Two scummy, two townish. Six null. I mean, aside from the fact that he posted a list in which he listed half the game as null, it just feels too damn even. Makes one wonder if he perhaps wanted it to look like that.
This is actually interesting. Probably gaussian distribution pops up more than one might think. I don't really have an explanation for why it turned up that way. Probably since the distinction between scum/scummy and even scummy/null is usually quite fuzzy, it can be that I tended to order the list more by compared scummyness than by stand-alone scummyness, which could be a reason for the list turning up symmetrical.

However, do you really think having 6 null-reads is scummy? I don't know you. Of course, while the game progresses and people (hopefully scummy ones) die, I manage to refine the lists, but without flips and further progress, usually I don't manage to get a solid read on significantly more than half the living players.

Here is my updated list (from scum to town):
Neruz = Surprise_Carcinogen > Xine > bgg = Hiraki > Llamarble > DeathRowKitty = Ant_to_the_max = [Redacted] = Greedling = My Milked Eek > GreyICE
I would agree with lynching anyone of the first five. In particular this means that I will vote Xine if deadline requires, even if I would prefer Neruz or S_C atm.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”