Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:00 pm

Post by Krazy »

Sorry about this typo:
Krazy wrote: In this quote,
Neruz
does not actually imply or suggest that Neruz has said he believes bgg to be town; he only confirms what Neruz has actually said, which is that Neruz would be willing to lynch bgg even if he had "proof" he was town.

In this quote,
Xine
does not actually imply or suggest that Neruz has said he believes bgg to be town; he only confirms what Neruz has actually said, which is that Neruz would be willing to lynch bgg even if he had "proof" he was town.

Sorry again about the string of posts, I'm almost done with this first wave. There's a lot to comment on!

@ Neruz:
i wasn't saying that aggresive play is anti-town, i was saying that my personal experience has been that people who push other people outside their comfort zones have tended to be scum, i said this because i believe that in general, pushing people outside their comfort zone generates just as many false positives as real positives, as people who are outside their comfort zone are uncomfortable.

Saying I agreed that pushing people outside the comfort zones have tended to be scum... what exactly is "aggressive play" then? How do you play aggressively without pushing people outside their comfort zones? Don't the two pretty much go hand in hand?
vote conspiracy
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:16 pm

Post by Neruz »

Clearly i was really unclear about what i meant, despite repeatedly clarifying.

What i'm distinguishing between is just pushing everyone and seeing who falls over, and pushing players who you believe to be scum. Hence my comment about distinguishing between different types of aggression; what GreyICE (i think it was GreyICE) was doing looked and sounded like he was just opportunistically pushing people outside their comfort zone to look for cracks he could hold up as scum tells; a tactic i very commonly see from scum in leiu of actual scumhunting because it looks like scumhunting at a glance.

At least, i'm pretty sure that's what i was trying to say, it's been ages since i made that post.
bgg1996
bgg1996
Goon
bgg1996
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:18 pm

Post by bgg1996 »

Neruz has more contradictions than starburst.
Lynch the
r
a
i
n
b
o
w
People both love and hate me... Without the 'love' part.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:36 pm

Post by Krazy »

Yeah sorry Neruz, I know you've been over that point before, but I'm trying to understand your relationship with GreyIce. In my readthrough, you accuse GreyIce of basically being really suspicious and bandwagony after they vote for you, and then when GreyIce at the slightest provocation unvotes you and then jumps on Xine, you seem to more or less just let it go. This is back around page 12 or 13. I don't see how GreyIce's vote for Xine, at that point in the game, was less suspicious really than their vote for you. That, combined with GreyIce's refrain that, without explanation, they think you're innocent has me very concerned that, even if you're not a mafia team, GreyIce was trying to play you by poking you, clearing you, then trying to get you on their team (which seems to have happened, with your vote on Xine over, basically, what I take to be a misunderstanding).
vote conspiracy
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:00 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Krazy wrote:@GreyIce
Almost from the first few pages you have said:
I'm holding Neruz almost entirely unlikely to be scum
and I believe in your most recent list you have said:
Neruz (Best town here, I think he's dead on)
Can you refresh me on why you have been so certain, through the entire day, that Neruz is not only town, but the best town?
Well lessee. Xine's been reduced to lurking and bgg has bgged the thread to the point where I think if our entire town had to name a consensus deadline lynch his neck would be in the noose, at Neruz's prodding. If either of them flip scum, he's basically confirmed town.

So yeah. Don't see why you'd question this much.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
bgg1996
bgg1996
Goon
bgg1996
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:19 pm

Post by bgg1996 »

You made my name into a verb?

I still don't see why everybody is voting Xine. It's not that she couldn't be scum, but the only evidence against her seems to be that she didn't get Neruz's sarcastic remark. Who could blame her? He did, after all, write "I'm not kidding" in bolded letters after quoting it.

GreyICE, you said that Xine was scum because you saw that he expressed consent to vote for you, and I see that you don't think that scum will bus this early, but do you really think that it's impossible that somebody will think that somebody else would bus their scummate?

You might have something with lurking, but people have lurked far more than her, and it's hardly a reason to vote for her.

Sorry guys, I just don't see a reason to lynch Xine.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:25 pm

Post by Krazy »

GreyICE wrote: Well lessee. Xine's been reduced to lurking ... at Neruz's prodding. If either of them flip scum, he's basically confirmed town.

So yeah. Don't see why you'd question this much.

I'm looking at this post by Xine:
Xine wrote:Heh, I lurk, tis true, always have. (I'm a very busy woman, but I manage to keep up on reading, and posting requirements, feel confident in that) I do like that you excuse yourself for lack of content, and then immediately attack me for lack of content...
Xine has been lurkerish the whole game, I don't see Xine's activity as dropping off that much. I also don't see how Xine flipping mafia automatically clears Neruz.

It seems like you're listing Neruz as town just because he put himself at odds with bgg?
vote conspiracy
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:29 pm

Post by GreyICE »

He reads town to me. I honestly did post a read list, and it's my best shot at reads.

I'm no psychic, I've pushed Neruz to see where he stands, I've pushed other people, Neruz stands town. I can't think why he'd be otherwise. This wagon on him seems like total scum garbage to me.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
bgg1996
bgg1996
Goon
bgg1996
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:31 pm

Post by bgg1996 »

If the Neruz wagon is scum garbage, what is the Xine wagon?
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:35 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Two votes away from where it needs to be?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
bgg1996
bgg1996
Goon
bgg1996
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:37 pm

Post by bgg1996 »

At three votes?

Exactly why are you so adamant about killing Xine?
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:45 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Wasn't this damn wagon at L-2?

Who are the failure kittens who are bailing here?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:59 pm

Post by Llamarble »

I want to lynch BGG instead, though I'll be back if necessary. I think the Neruz wagon looks ultra scumdriven.
bgg1996
bgg1996
Goon
bgg1996
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:07 pm

Post by bgg1996 »

The failure kitten in question would be Krazy. He (Greedling) voted for Xine at the very beginning, remember?
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:12 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Llamarble wrote:I want to lynch BGG instead, though I'll be back if necessary. I think the Neruz wagon looks ultra scumdriven.
I dunno, I can't see bgg alive in LyLo as a good thing for the town in any respect, although I'd be tempted to see if we have a vigilante by checking to see if his body develops bullets (he is just such vigbait).
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:16 pm

Post by Krazy »

I guess I am the failure kitten in question. I think Xine actually had a fair point in critiquing Neruz for what he said and the direction his posts were going. It was starting to look like his vote and critiques for bgg were coming more out of sheer rage, which would certainly be anti-town, if not downright scummy. That being said, I can still see why there was a backlash on Xine, considering what bgg has done this game that, if not justifying Neruz's position on bgg, certainly made his position sympathetic.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:00 pm

Post by Krazy »

Well, I was hoping I would feel a lot better about Neruz, Llama, and GreyIce after getting a chance to talk to them a bit. The constant refrain of innocence they have produced for Neruz has been one of the most baffling things about this thread, especially in the early pages, as early as 4 I think when people were still in RVS and already proclaiming his innocence?

That being said, I will just have to hope I am wrong about them, because there's really just no way to ignore bgg's actions this game.

Vote bgg1996

From the first post in this game, bgg softclaimed town:
Btw, mafia: Please don't kill me on the first night?
and virtually every post he made in the first few pages of the game to greater or lesser extents were softclaims.

Until he unexpectedly and without reason hardclaimed vanilla town. This, at the time, some people were willing to sweep under the rug since he came off as newb town and perhaps stupid.

However, bgg in the time since has come off as actually clever, and not nearly so newbish as he initially seemed. So why these initial antics of soft and hardclaims?

Apparently, it was a trap (cue stupid graphic of Admiral Ackbar here).
With it said that way, why would you tell everybody to "see what his proof is tomorrow. If he is unable to provide proof that he is not scum tomorrow then we will have a direct contradiction from him, which is a powerful scum tell." You went on to vote Nathanael.
With me claiming VT, what reason could you possibly have for believing that I had proof, regardless of what I actually said?

Why would bgg put out the claim of being able to produce evidence tomorrow if he himself so quickly accepts that doing so is absurd? At this point, it more or less seems that bgg deliberately produced an absurd claim just to see if anyone would accept it, in the hope of calling out whoever accepted it.

As a fishing gambit, this might not be the WORST out there (better than a self-vote at least), but it's still pretty bad and, I think, far more anti-town than town.

However, this has not just served as a fishing tactic for bgg, instead he worked very hard to actually try to more-or-less transform this into a wagon on Neruz.
My vote is between:

Neruz, for among other things, contradictions and hypocracies.

Surprise_Carcinogen, for being so adamant about me being lynched and a few logical fallacies.

This is like, the only time bgg mentions Surprise_Carcinogen, and he never really addressed the logical fallacies he claimed to have seen. At this point, whatever logical fallacies he saw for S_C is irrelevant. What's important here is that he didn't vote for Neruz yet. I see this post as one of several where bgg basically tried to present himself as not tunneling, and not simply throwing an omgus vote on Neruz.

Then we get to bgg's vote on Neruz himself:
I told myself the next time you posted, had at least three sentences, a quote, and the word "fuck". And have not yet answered any questions or otherwise contributed to our victory, that would be the point where I stopped making idle threats and actually put your life on the line.

Vote:Neruz

Although bgg did elsewhere sort of hint at reasons he might see Neruz as guilty, it's interesting that the main reasons he lists right before his vote are more based on characterizing Neruz as incoherent and emotionally laden. This is very problematic for me, especially when bgg very clearly was provoking Neruz and pretty much everyone else in the thread:

Some examples:
Or maybe he is actually smart (doubtful)

In case your incredibly thick head still does not get it,

Either that or they are too stupid to remember the difference between me and Xine.

bgg basically does his best to enrages people, and then votes Neruz because he's swearing and coming across as angry? Yikes.

And one of the worst, in retrospect at this point, is this:
In other words, yes I am stupid, but you still have to answer my stupid questions.

I think that really sums it up... bgg set himself up as stupid, provoked other people with his questions, and then at the first person who "bit" threw his vote.

This is WAY scummy, and he has been so much more dramatically anti-town than anyone else in the game, I don't see how I could really justify a vote on the people I find "only scummy."

I can't deny that in the last few pages bgg has been 'way better' by comparison, but somehow that only makes the first ten pages of this thread even more absurd, because he clearly understands how to play the game and is well capable of rational thought. To me, his actions this game read like scum tactics trying to trap a potential innocent into a convoluted day one lynch.

I'm still not thrilled with the produced innocence for Neruz from Llamarticle and GreyIce, but I simply can't ignore the player that is way more suspicious.

Also, in the few posts that he's made since he's joined the game, I sort of got the feeling he really wanted me to get on his side; he indirectly agreed with pretty much every point I made, which actually came off as a bit desperate to me. But then again, it may very well be true that we both don't get the wagon on Xine and that he doesn't need to fake that.

End of the line, though, bgg's actions for the first ten pages of this game were either: a) stupid and indirectly anti-town or b) smart and really, really suspicious. But bgg doesn't strike me, at this point, as dumb or newbish, so at this point he is far and away my top candidate.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:03 pm

Post by Krazy »

Another typo:
Krazy wrote: Also, in the few posts that he's made since
he's
joined the game,...

Also, in the few posts that he's made since
I've
joined the game,...
vote conspiracy
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:32 pm

Post by Neruz »

Krazy wrote:Yeah sorry Neruz, I know you've been over that point before, but I'm trying to understand your relationship with GreyIce. In my readthrough, you accuse GreyIce of basically being really suspicious and bandwagony after they vote for you, and then when GreyIce at the slightest provocation unvotes you and then jumps on Xine, you seem to more or less just let it go. This is back around page 12 or 13. I don't see how GreyIce's vote for Xine, at that point in the game, was less suspicious really than their vote for you. That, combined with GreyIce's refrain that, without explanation, they think you're innocent has me very concerned that, even if you're not a mafia team, GreyIce was trying to play you by poking you, clearing you, then trying to get you on their team (which seems to have happened, with your vote on Xine over, basically, what I take to be a misunderstanding).
You'd have to ask GreyICE why he thinks i'm town; i would assume it was my angry explosion that did it.

I havn't dropped GreyICE entirely, but i feel that both Xine and bgg are better scum candidates at the moment.

I'm not sure why you keep referring to GreyICE in plural though.
Krazy wrote:I guess I am the failure kitten in question. I think Xine actually had a fair point in critiquing Neruz for what he said and the direction his posts were going. It was starting to look like his vote and critiques for bgg were coming more out of sheer rage, which would certainly be anti-town, if not downright scummy. That being said, I can still see why there was a backlash on Xine, considering what bgg has done this game that, if not justifying Neruz's position on bgg, certainly made his position sympathetic.
Part of it was and still is; that is the only reason i am not voting bgg right now. I recognise that a lot of the problems i have with him are shrouded in my dislike for him and thus my judgement is clouded. I personally still think he's either a VI or an alternate-account troll, either of which makes him an excellent candidate for a free lynch and i will gladly join the wagon if the deadline looms and Xine's wagon isn't going anywhere.

It is the contradiction between bgg's early play and his current play which leads me to consider the alt-acc troll possibility, which honestly looks more and more likly with each post he makes.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:39 pm

Post by Krazy »

Neruz wrote: I'm not sure why you keep referring to GreyICE in plural though.

??????

"GreyIce's" is singular possessive?

If you're talking about the use of "they" I've noticed Llama doing it too, see 423.
vote conspiracy
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:42 pm

Post by Neruz »

Yeah, it was the 'they', if you're going to include Llmarble in something, make sure his name is in there too, since the paragraph made no mention of him, the 'they' is both incorrect and wierd.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:43 pm

Post by Krazy »

Neruz wrote:Yeah, it was the 'they', if you're going to include Llmarble in something, make sure his name is in there too, since the paragraph made no mention of him, the 'they' is both incorrect and wierd.

Which "they" is this? I do include Llamarble's name in the first paragraph of 442, which is what I thought you might have meant.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:46 pm

Post by Krazy »

OH I see which 'they' you mean now.

Yeah that was my bad. GreyIce's avatar is Lain but the gender is listed as male so I got confused ^^
vote conspiracy
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:39 pm

Post by Neruz »

Typically if i quote a post, that's the post i mean :P
GreyICE
GreyICE