Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:01 am

Post by Neruz »

Xine wrote:drk=town
An excellent and informative post that clearly indicates both your opinions and why you are not scum.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:09 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

bgg1996 wrote:
[Redacted] wrote:
bgg1996 wrote:Sorry guys, I just don't see a reason to lynch Xine.
Who do you want lynched and why? Answer this with out quoting anyone, insult the question or otherwise trying to deflect the question.
Post # 270 just about sums it up. Basically, at least.

No it really doesn't and it was made ten pages ago / a week ago, absolutely nothing has happened that you find relevant since then?
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:12 am

Post by Krazy »

TheButtonmen wrote:....

I'm really confused, did you change your name?
vote conspiracy
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:16 am

Post by Exe »

[Redacted], you're killing me with this mis-post thing. Iso'ing you is going to become a nightmare... >_>

Please make a post on your normal account so I can move your post over to it...

Still looking for 2 replacements...If anyone knows anyone, that'd help...
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

Do not expect me to play to a meta.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:25 am

Post by Krazy »

Did you post in the Replacement List thread or just the Mini Normal queue thread?
vote conspiracy
bgg1996
bgg1996
Goon
bgg1996
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:39 am

Post by bgg1996 »

TheButtonmen wrote:
bgg1996 wrote:
[Redacted] wrote:
bgg1996 wrote:Sorry guys, I just don't see a reason to lynch Xine.
Who do you want lynched and why? Answer this with out quoting anyone, insult the question or otherwise trying to deflect the question.
Post # 270 just about sums it up. Basically, at least.

No it really doesn't and it was made ten pages ago / a week ago, absolutely nothing has happened that you find relevant since then?

There are some posts that give me town vibes and scum vibes, but other than Neruz's outrage, which made him seem a bit scummier than the others, nobody else has done enough to put them on their level.
People both love and hate me... Without the 'love' part.
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:55 am

Post by Exe »

Alright, so in order to clear up confusion, [Redacted] is being replaced by himself!
From now on, [Redacted] will instead be playing under his TheButtionMen account.
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

Do not expect me to play to a meta.
bgg1996
bgg1996
Goon
bgg1996
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:23 am

Post by bgg1996 »

Exe wrote:
Alright, so in order to clear up confusion, [Redacted] is being replaced by himself!
Wouldn't this be more likely to
cause
confusion?

Not when he's likely to continue to post unintentionally from his TBM account. This way, he will in the future only be posting from his TBM account, and will no longer confuse anyone with random mis-posts.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:26 pm

Post by Neruz »

Exe wrote:
Hehehe.
bgg1996
bgg1996
Goon
bgg1996
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:23 pm

Post by bgg1996 »

Neruz wrote:
Exe wrote:
Hehehe.
An excellent and informative post that clearly indicates both your opinions and why you are not scum.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:22 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Agreed.
bgg1996
bgg1996
Goon
bgg1996
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:07 pm

Post by bgg1996 »

I have decided to round up a few of Neruz’s contradictions. Some of them are casual, some aren’t very meaningful, and 1 or 2 of them he may have even already “
explained
”, but I don’t see how this boy is “obvtown”.
Do not be confused by the lack of quote tags, these are mostly quotes, shown by the quotation marks.""

"Also because i dislike people who make dramatic declarations like that.”
“That is not a newb-town post, that is a newb-scum post."
“Fuck you, scum.”
(The point is that at some point, he declared me to be obvscum. (His current stance is that I am an alt, trolling the thread. (I am neither of those.)))

"Lynching a town player is bad, it is to be avoided, because the town does not win by lynching the town."
"At this point i would actually lynch you even if i had incontrovertible proof that you were town, just so i don't have to read another one of your mind-numbingly stupid posts."
(This one is kind of casual)

"It's day 1, you're not trying to make him fold, you're trying to make him crinkle a bit around the edges. You poke him a little bit, find a crack or inconsistancy, poke a little harder, find some more cracks. If you find enough cracks and make a convincing case, you might get a few people to join you."
"When i think i've found scum, i latch on and push as hard as i can, i don't just float around pushing people to see how they react, which is just plain opportunism at it's finest."
"No, people who push other players really hard on day 1 in an attempt to make them uncomfortable are, in my experience, scum. Typically i suspect this is because they are trying to make a town player slip up and give them some leverage."
"people who push other people outside their comfort zones have tended to be scum, i said this because i believe that in general, pushing people outside their comfort zone generates just as many false positives as real positives, as people who are outside their comfort zone are uncomfortable."
(I think he may have explained this one)

Also he made a fuss about how others thought that he said aggressive play was a scumtell, which was just somebody misinterpreting posts. Here are examples of himself misinterpreting posts.
“bgg1996 wrote:In other words, yes I am stupid, but you still have to answer my stupid “questions”.
No, i don't. Hiraki has already pointed out how stupid you're being, if you like i can do the same; you're stupid, your 'question' is stupid. I have answered why i voted you and why i believe you to be scum already, in fact i'm fairly sure i've answered that stupid “question” twice now."
"WHERE DID I SAY THAT? POINT ME TO THE LOCATION WHERE I STATED THAT I BELIEVE BGG TO BE TOWN!"
"Yes, i know. Notice the part in that quote where i said i believed you to be tow-

OH WAIT I DIDN'T." (Xine had never said that Neruz thought that I was scum.)
"There are no questions in that post you idiot."
(Also notable is that somebody (I forget who) said that I said “You are going to cry at my funeral.” (Neruz quoted the real post and declared it threatening town) I did not. I said that I was going to laugh.)

"Why do i get the feeling that the bgg who posted this:

bgg1996 wrote:Also, if I'm not mistaken, this will be the first time I've actually played as a vanilla townie. (In my more inexperienced games, all of the roles had an ability)
Good luck using meta on me. :P

And the bgg who posted this:

bgg1996 wrote:That's what you get for trying to be nice in a game of mafia.
In mafia you have to think logically. You cannot merely trust people on a whim, excepting some subconscious feeling of general scumminess, you have to weigh the odds and decide rationally which is good and which is bad.
Do you have a disorder that makes you misunderstand people?

Are two entirely different people?"

Why do i get the feeling that the Neruz who posted this:
“I find it incredibly amusing that you accuse me of making throw away remarks since that vote, when you quote one of those throw away remarks and take it seriously.

I voted Xine because i didn't like his early sweeping declaration, as you would have noticed if you'd read and quoted the entire post instead of only the part that you felt like reading. I havn't said much of content so far because there hasn't been much to say. Hiraki and Nathanael appear to be having a little slap fight, bgg pulled an early claim that is either painfully newbie town or very clever scum. Llmarble makes a good point about the early L-2 Vote, but i'm getting more of a town vibe from bgg.

Xine, on the other hand, has gone into massive lurk mode, posting only twice in the last two pages and providing no content at all in any of her posts. Her last post, in fact, consisted of asking other players their experience. She has consistantly failed to respond at all to all the people voting her and appears to just be hiding and fervently hoping that if she ignores it hard enough, it will all go away.

Based on that and what i'm seeing from the rest of the players so far, i see no reason to move my vote. In most cases any questions or pokes i would have done, someone else got there before me, which is just par for being in Australia and thus out of synch with the rest of the western world timezone-wise.

Nice attempt at manufacturing a case on me though, i'll give you a point for trying.”

And the Neruz who posted this:
“Did you fucking miss the part where i said, right fucking there in the post you quoted”
And this:
“In future i will remember that i am not ever allowed to forget things or become predjudiced against them. I will be an emotionless robot who never makes mistakes. Beep beep boop you're a fucking retard beep.”
Are two entirely different people?
(I guess this technically isn’t a contradiction, but still notable)

My favorite is “I dislike contradictions.”
The whole quote:
“UNVOTE: Nathanael
VOTE: bgg1996

If you cannot do something, do not say that you can. I dislike contradictions.”
It looks like this was the only post in which he capitalized the ‘I’, too.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:38 pm

Post by Neruz »

You know what, i'm not going to rise to the bait this time. This time i am goint to calmly ignore you completely.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:56 am

Post by Hiraki »

Neruz wrote:You know what, i'm not going to rise to the bait this time. This time i am goint to calmly ignore you completely.
You could just go my way, and refuse to read that post because there's no quotes.

I mean, take your pick really.
Xine
Xine
Goon
Xine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:38 am

Post by Xine »

WOW, Neruz+Hiraki just pissed me off so bad with their responses to bgg's case. You both have gotten on other player's cases for not responding to insignificant BS at other times in this game, now you both declare that a well thought out (if awkwardly formatted) illustration of contradictions is not worthy of response, or even (Hiraki) reading. you are either extremely STUPID, or simply Scum. so fess up, which are you?
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:01 am

Post by Hiraki »

Xine wrote:WOW, Neruz+Hiraki just pissed me off so bad with their responses to bgg's case. You both have gotten on other player's cases for not responding to insignificant BS at other times in this game, now you both declare that a well thought out (if awkwardly formatted) illustration of contradictions is not worthy of response, or even (Hiraki) reading. you are either extremely STUPID, or simply Scum. so fess up, which are you?
This'll make you happy.

1. They are not well-thought out. Most of them are small contradictions, or things that don't even make sense.

Just for you, Xinescum, which totally defended against her own accusers btw., I'll go through the wall, showing you that you're scum buddying with Bgg.
bgg wrote:"Also because i dislike people who make dramatic declarations like that.”
“That is not a newb-town post, that is a newb-scum post."
“Fuck you, scum.”
And um.

The contradiction here is um.

Well.

Should I scratch my head? These are honestly 3 random postings from Neruz. There's no contradictions. The first statement is from Page 3. It's about Xine calling someone obv. town. That has nothing to do with the other statements. Bgg also likes to do this a lot. He randomly takes the post, doesn't give where it's from, but says "LOOK I MAKE POST. CONTRADICTIONS! BIG WORDS!" I have an
extremely
hard time believing that Xine was able to read this and recall every single post that Neruz made, and see that none of them were out of context.

Oh, but wait, I missed something, and I don't want to clean this post up, so let's just stitch it right in.
bgg wrote:(The point is that at some point, he declared me to be obvscum. (His current stance is that I am an alt, trolling the thread. (I am neither of those.)))
Oh yeah. Could you do me a
BIG
favor?

Quote that post.
Audience wrote:WHAT THE FUCK? HE CAN'T JUST FIND IT HIMSELF?
Well of course audience, I'm taking a huge sum of my time doing this, so I could find it myself.

Of course, if it existed.

I went into Neruz' ISO and used Ctrl+F to find "obv" in his ISO. I'm not going to read all of his posts finding it, but since BGG is so confident in this, I believe I should've found it.

Interestingly enough, even though it's not
that
scummy, Xine did state this in the beginning of the game.

Moving on.
bgg wrote:"Lynching a town player is bad, it is to be avoided, because the town does not win by lynching the town."
"At this point i would actually lynch you even if i had incontrovertible proof that you were town, just so i don't have to read another one of your mind-numbingly stupid posts."
(This one is kind of casual)
Knowing you Bgg, you had a real itch to get this one out. This is kind of/sort of/really useless.
Bgg wrote:"It's day 1, you're not trying to make him fold, you're trying to make him crinkle a bit around the edges. You poke him a little bit, find a crack or inconsistancy, poke a little harder, find some more cracks. If you find enough cracks and make a convincing case, you might get a few people to join you."
"When i think i've found scum, i latch on and push as hard as i can, i don't just float around pushing people to see how they react, which is just plain opportunism at it's finest."
"No, people who push other players really hard on day 1 in an attempt to make them uncomfortable are, in my experience, scum. Typically i suspect this is because they are trying to make a town player slip up and give them some leverage."
"people who push other people outside their comfort zones have tended to be scum, i said this because i believe that in general, pushing people outside their comfort zone generates just as many false positives as real positives, as people who are outside their comfort zone are uncomfortable."
(I think he may have explained this one)
I don't really care about this, because Neruz has never, at least to my understanding, voted someone in this game for being aggressive. While this may be a contradiction, it was never put forth in action, and therefore is a useless statement.
bgg wrote:Also he made a fuss about how others thought that he said aggressive play was a scumtell, which was just somebody misinterpreting posts. Here are examples of himself misinterpreting posts.
And you got these misinterpreting posts now? Why not...I dunno, when they actually came up?

I'm trying to untangle this pile of shit that's been labeled a case, but I can't do it when it's
this
disorganized.
Bgg wrote:(Also notable is that somebody (I forget who) said that I said “You are going to cry at my funeral.” (Neruz quoted the real post and declared it threatening town) I did not. I said that I was going to laugh.)
TO THE THREAD-MOBILE(with help from Find!)

Here's the real post.
bgg1996 wrote:Have fun at my funeral.
I'll let you know now, though, I will be laughing in my grave after the guy that you lynched because he claimed to be VT...
...Turns out to be a VT.
Do you realize how bad of a reaction this is?

FFS, this is scummy, whether you like it or not. (Btw. it's obvious you dislike it, so no need to comment more)

MOVING ON, ALMOST DONE.

For the next part, I started skimming because it was a long part, and I, believe me you won't be the only one who thinks it's a tad odd, saw the ending.
Bgg wrote:(I guess this technically isn’t a contradiction, but still notable)
This proves that you don't think that Neruz is scum. You just want to get back at him because you dislike him. I have no proof for this, but I am 100% sure of it. After reading the quotes, I realized that Bgg also doesn't realize that there is a difference between when people are pissed, and when they're feeling good, and able to post well. Mostly because there are-- ... nevermind.

Oh, so now we're at the end.

So let's recap. We have
real contradiction, that was easily explained, we have a bunch of quotes that have no contradictions, but make Neruz look like a douchebag, and Bgg look like some child that's being picked on.

TL;DR VERSION: (READ THIS TO SAVE PRECIOUS TIME)

Xine has no fucking clue what she's talking about, Bgg needs to work on his quoting abilities, but gets points for being valiant enough to try to make a decent post, and Neruz is still town.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:22 am

Post by GreyICE »

Neruz wrote:You know what, i'm not going to rise to the bait this time. This time i am goint to calmly ignore you completely.
*claps*
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:56 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

So, who are we lynching and why?

And lol @drk's post a few pages back, but I do agree, my wording was a bit off in that post. But yeah, drk is town.
Eek
!
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:59 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

So yeah,
Unvote: DRK
Eek
!
bgg1996
bgg1996
Goon
bgg1996
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:37 pm

Post by bgg1996 »

*sigh*
I put those little parenthetical remarks there so that you could understand them.

1. Neruz says that he didn't like dramatic statements such as the one that Xine made at the beginning that specifically stated somebody to be scum.

2. You all seem to understand why this one is a contradiction. The reason it is casual is that he may or may not have been being sarcastic. I can't tell which. He quoted it and said in bold that he wasn't kidding.

3. In the first two posts he says that he should push others out of their comfort zones. The next post he says that he shouldn't.

4. In the parentheses, when I said I did not, I was referring to the comment about me saying that you would all cry. It may or may not have been threatening. I did not percieve it that way, but it doesn't matter, it's not even part of the contradiction.

5. Is about how Neruz said that I was acting like two different people, while he has quite a split personality himself.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:01 pm

Post by Neruz »

I am saddened by the fact that Xine apparantly needs bgg to make extremely bad posts in order to justify her vote upon me. Getting desperate are we?

And no bgg, 2. is not a contradiction. 2 is me pointing out that i dislike you so intensely i would actually play against my win condition to remove you from the game if the opportunity arose. It is a remark unique to you and completely seperate from the rest of the game. The same is related to 1.
Yes bgg, i actually dislike you so much i am willing to waste a perfectly good lynch on ensuring i never have to speak to you ever again.

3. i have already gone over so many times it's starting to cause me pain. I don't know how you managed to do an ISO of me and miss that entirely, unless it was deliberate of course.
I was referring to the comment about me saying that you would all cry.
This comment does not exist, anywhere, you made it up to make yourself look good. I find it more than a little suspicious that you managed to do an ISO of me and
still
had to make shit up to support your case.

5. Made me giggle :3
bgg1996
bgg1996
Goon
bgg1996
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:12 pm

Post by bgg1996 »

Surprise_Carcinogen wrote:There are a few things I find wrong with Nat's statement, but being that I'm limited in time at a computer, I'll adress the biggest one:
Nat finds bgg the LEAST scummy player available. I really, REALLY doubt "he has a better chance of being town than anyone else at this moment", and am beginning to gather suspicions about Nat's alignment from a defense this transparent. I stand by my choice of bgg, but am happy to keep a discussion up about it, since we're going to keep getting more and more material about other players in the meantime. We have PLENTY of time to go, so I'm not worried about lynching him soon, but it would take something more obvious a scumtell then "I'm so VERY town, and you're going to CRY at my funeral" to make me change my mind at this juncture.
Reread the original post, read the last sentence, and please apply a belt sander to your face with judicious force until all the stupidity, misplaced condescension and blood is removed from your system.
bgg1996
bgg1996
Goon
bgg1996
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:12 pm

Post by bgg1996 »

^Talking to Neruz^
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:21 pm

Post by Neruz »

Ok.

So how exactly does a quote from Surprise_Carcinogen apply to me?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:30 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Pssst. Bgg.

While you may have proven Neruz and I wrong about someone saying "crying", you actually made us look up what came after it.

Y'know. The part where Neruz doesn't mention S_C at all, but Nathaniel argues how it is an obv. scumtell.

So, basically, everything that Bgg argued makes no sense.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”