Newbie 1070 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:07 am

Post by Quaroath »

EBWOP: Correcting myself, I addressed a Muh316 post once, saying it felt real real bad. Still... that took until post 84. Not tons of interaction.

T-bone and muh316 both are hella laying low right now. If you want to tie me to active lurkers use em all please.

Vote Count

barefootfighter (1) - Ellyssa
Rain (1) - Quaroath
Jack Forman (1) - Stels
Stels (1) - T-Bone
Quaroath (1) - Rain
No Lynch (1) - Jack Forman

Not Voting (3) - splitfarvle, muh316, barefoot-fighter

With 9 alive it is 5 to lynch.
Last edited by Alduskkel on Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:09 am

Post by Quaroath »

muh316 wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Quaroath wrote:
muh316 wrote:Guess we have our policy lynch...
This post really
really
bothers me.
Because he's....scum??

I'll get to you Day 2 bud. I think Stels should still be our Day 1 lynch.
I'm not scum. I'm just stating that the Mafia is pretty much laughing at this guy. A policy lynch is better than a no lynch.
I highly doubt there will be a no-lynch. Just sayin. Jack seems like he won't be convinced otherwise so we'll have to get 5 votes from 8 people. I think there are far better candidates than Jack to lynch D1. (Barefoot, stels, rain, T-bone) to name a few.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:33 am

Post by Stels »

@Jack Forman: Yet again, my opinion of you hasn't changed. You are still insecure about trying to lynch someone, choosing the easier option of a no-lynch. Your character is that of someone who fears the consequences, which I see in a scum-light. You're afraid that if you vote for someone and lynch that person, you will be seen as scum for lynching that townie, which you are definitely afraid of. The fact that you refuse to scum-hunt in general is also something that is unacceptable and anti-town, especially since you said that was your "final" vote. My vote stays.
Quaroath wrote:I'm feeling a barefoot-Stels scumteam at the moment. I don't know where the vote count is and addin it up manually on my iPhone is a pain. Not sure what vote count stels is at, or I'd vote him.
You never got around to explaining this part and despite having posted the several large posts that most certainly did not come from your phone, you still haven't voted me in any way possible, even before voting for Rain. The fact that you arrived at a Me + barefoot-fighter scumteam so early into the game is also rather ridiculous.

I also like how everyone in this game is discussing possible situations that this game might come to when we are still only in Day 1 and have no progress whatsoever to even consider these circumstances. What I'm seeing here is a mass-diversion from trying to scum-hunt and get the town actually moving. The people that did this are: barefoot-fighter, Ellyssa, Jack Forman, Quaroath and Rain.
Ellyssa and Jack Forman are slightly unrelated to actually diverting attention elsewhere, but Ellyssa contributed a small amount and Jack Forman is definitely the cause of this all. Rain is the IC and I know that his role is to explain and correct the situation, but he is still one of those people who keep up the conversation about it instead of going the other way.
Concluding that list, one of the scum is highly likely to be in the barefoot-fighter, Quaroath and Rain group. Barefoot-fighter definitely strikes as suspicious now, with her "freaked-out" reactions about the votes that have been acquired by her, especially comparing herself to Jack, which is odd. She definitely seems scummy the way she stands now.
HoS: barefoot-fighter

@T-Bone: apart from one-liners and a few phrases in your previous post, you haven't actually said much and are already bent on a definite lynch. Bit under the radar, might I add.

@Everyone: Remember, I am still V/LA. I'll try to post when I can, but that's not a guarantee.
Ellyssa
Ellyssa
Townie
Ellyssa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:17 pm

Post by Ellyssa »

@Quaroath #90 To make a link you do

Code: Select all

[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2842875#p2842875]Insert name here[/url]

and you get the url itself by right clicking the #number at the top of each post and copying that URL. At least that's what I've been doing. You can quote any post with a link to see the tags they used in the edit box window too.

@Quaroath #91 Not that I don't appreciate it, cause I do, and I have a fairly strong pro-town on you just because we've been agreeing a lot, I just hope you don't flip Mafia in the end and in the meantime are setting this up to sell as an excuse (oh, she was the most pro-town) for a N1 NK or something, since you only pointed me out and no one else.. but we'll see I guess. :)

I think my other stronger town reads at the moment besides Q are Rain and perhaps Jack, even though they're both on the opposite ends of that no-lynch thing, though I'd probably lynch Jack over no-lynch at the end of Day 1 if it came to that, as the lesser of two evils. I'd have to think very hard on that one though (the argument of stubbornness, vs a heavy dose of WIFOM to make himself seem too-obvMafia to be Mafia). Likely depends how you play between now and that time, Jack.

@Quaroath 101 Oh also, bumped this up to here because it ties in to the last one. Just a quick note that if we don't agree on someone to lynch at the end of the deadline, it still becomes no-lynch, whether we actually vote NL or not. That's what I thought he meant (ie he's our fallback at the end of the day) and thus why I didn't think that
muh316 in [rul=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2842546#p2842546 wrote:#84[/url]]
seemed scummy at first. It does sound a bit flippant though. Not sure if that's some kind of tell.

@T-Bone
T-Bone in [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2843678#p2843678]#95[/url] wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Quaroath wrote:
This post really
really
bothers me.
Because he's....scum??

(Man, the nested quotes)

You found the two scum really fast! Congrats! Actually your reasonings for both seem kind of flimsy.. mainly that you latched onto a single dubious scum tell likely partly based on timing and timezones (who gets on and reads/posts first) and used that as the only argument so far against Stels. Granted he hasn't posted much more.. nm, preview edit, he has now! Have your views on Stels changed upon reviewing his newest post? What do you feel about Barefoot or perhaps Quaroath?

@Stels I did read that a scumtell was that Mafia were more likely to try to talk about mechanics and less about the game to distract conversation. But my main motivation (and I think the others too) for arguing against Jack was that it was essentially a lost vote on Day 1 which we needed to try to get back. And that was best case scenario (worst was that enough people agreed with him right away). Essentially he's now a tree stump for D1, and one with no incentive to participate and an 'excuse' to lurk to D2. Plus it was the first issue out of RVS to comment on. I'm not sure the issue has really gone away, Jack's just not a rabid poster like us and hasn't replied back yet.. but he did re-vote no lynch after I asked him if that was what his stance was.

@Quaroath in #100 and @Rain in #96 I agree T-bone and muh are kind of laying low. Even Stels (Which I just had to edit out of that list!) who's mostly V/LA just posted as much as they've posted all game.

But still early, I guess, but I don't really have reads on T-Bone or muh yet as they haven't really contributed much analysis (they both have, a little, in one post each.)

Neither has split.
@split Do you have any particular reads on people besides Jack that you want to share? I think you brought up an interesting coaching point at Rain back in #85, though that could be a rather WIFOM-y argument, but like Rain said, may be useful in the future if either of them flip scum. What do you think of barefoot?

@barefoot .. hm, never mind, she said she may be away for a day or two. Still the most suspicious read so far in my opinion, but perhaps due to nerves or something. Definitely interested in hearing your catch-up post and thoughts on others after.

Sorry about shoddiness at the end, have to run for now.
splitfarvle
splitfarvle
Goon
splitfarvle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:07 pm

Post by splitfarvle »

Ellyssa wrote:@split Do you have any particular reads on people besides Jack that you want to share? I think you brought up an interesting coaching point at Rain back in #85, though that could be a rather WIFOM-y argument, but like Rain said, may be useful in the future if either of them flip scum. What do you think of barefoot?
I'm pretty much done with Jack for now, I can't tell if he's scum or not and I don't know how I feel about a policy lynch at this point. If he actually comes back to the thread and helps us find scum, that would be great.

One thing that I find difficult in reading Rain is his role as IC. It doesn't help us to scumhunt if Rain is dropping knowledge that might be used by scum to appear more town. I don't think that part of my suspicion goes away if Jack flips town.

Right now, I don't think barefoot is the scummiest player in the game. That title goes to muh316 because he unvoted barefoot when she was in the lead, despite finding her the most suspicious. He also drops in just to respond to others mentioning him and to support what others have said about barefoot and Jack without really adding to the conversation much at all.

I found the explanation of an "active lurker" very interesting because that seemed to be what I was looking for without realizing it. I would like to hear more from T-bone, Stels, and muh316 before I vote.
splitfarvle
splitfarvle
Goon
splitfarvle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:23 pm

Post by splitfarvle »

Re-reading the thread, I changed my mind about not voting yet because I want to put my money where my mouth is about finding muh316 to be scummy.

VOTE: muh316

That avatar is probably Wario in disguise
Ellyssa
Ellyssa
Townie
Ellyssa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:45 pm

Post by Ellyssa »

Yike, I caught the broken tags in one of the quotes but didn't catch that second one. Oh well. That'll teach me to start composing posts when I only have 30 mins left before catching the bus home.

@splitfarvle #104 Thanks for the reply, split, going to digest on that for a bit, though interesting note on the unvoting. Looking back at that vote, and thinking out loud, they unvoted each other in quick succession (#79 and #81), though hers was an OMGUS and his vote was an RVS one, he downgraded it to an FoS to keep heat on her while actually moving her further from lynch, and I can see why you challenged him.. it kinda seemed like he wanted to still be on her bandwagon while not quite pushing it.

Barefoot was at L-2 at the time with his vote, but Quaroath had just unvoted Jack's wagon (#76) to go from L-3 to L-4 and FoS'ed barefoot to boot to threaten her, so the nearest wagon was further behind (L-2 vs L-4) and she was being heavily focussed and perhaps tempting to going L-1 on, so muh dropped barefoot back to L-3 vs L-4 (#79) while still saying she was still his top suspect (as he immediately FoSed, and explained his unvote in #83).

To his credit he only had one post in his ISO between the "RVS" vote and the unvote though. So not sure. hmm. I can definitely see the scummy line of reasoning. Perhaps explainable, but definitely worth some thought.
splitfarvle
splitfarvle
Goon
splitfarvle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:57 pm

Post by splitfarvle »

Ellyssa wrote:To his credit he only had one post in his ISO between the "RVS" vote and the unvote though.
What do you mean?
splitfarvle
splitfarvle
Goon
splitfarvle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:00 pm

Post by splitfarvle »

EBWOP About the "to his credit" part, what is your reasoning there?
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:01 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Apart from my secret Day Cop ability, I've said what I needed to say. People keep saying "what do you got T-Bone?" I've said what I got.

Is my vote on Stels circumstantial? Kinda. If anyone actually read my post I debated between voting him and the person who voted behind him (name escapes me). Ultimately I went with Stels. Someone said, "well T-Bone is latching on to one scumtell", but isn't exactly what everyone was doing on Page 2? "Oh Jack voted No lynch, scumtell!" Now I realize since then the focus has shifted away from him, but still.

Unless I start double and triple posting, there's not much I can do to step up activity. I have to wait for the rest of you to post before I post again.

So here's where I'm at. Stels hasn't convinced me to remove my vote from him.I'm not advocating that we end the Day right this very second. I'm saying this is the lynch I believe in at the moment. I won't join a Day 1 bandwagon for the sake of joining a bandwagon.

Obviously I didn't like Muh's "lets policy lynch" idea, so I pointed it out. However, I don't feel it's best to try to accuse multiple players at the same time. Ultimately we can only lynch one person (or none at all) today. I'll be comfortable with a Muh lynch if I decide he suddenly becomes a better choice.

It's interesting to see how people change their playstyle once people start putting pressure on them. I've been reading the posts. I don't have an opinion of Quaroth. Talking in circles doesn't seem all that scummy to me.

And finally Ellyssa since I guess I'm addressing your questions, I don't even recall what barefoot did that warranted him the votes he got.

Just one final thought, I find that scum are more effective when they lead the discussion rather then lurk. Just something to keep in mind. Leading the discussion is just as scummy as lurking.

Aside: In light of new posts...nothing changes. Thought ya'll should know :P
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Jack Forman
Jack Forman
Townie
Jack Forman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:04 pm

Post by Jack Forman »

To start off I am not 100% against voting, but I am for winning. As all of you have pointed out the odds are against me if I want a NL. I understand.
splitfarvle wrote: I would also argue that you are not in fact playing the game since you've already decided your day one play three weeks before the deadline. Are you planning on just sitting the game out until day two?
Quaroath wrote:
Jack Forman wrote:
Sorry for being such a NOOB that you all are so willing to point out, here is my final vote. :!:
Vote: NO LYNCH

In essence, you are saying you don't want to play the game. You just want to watch us play. Awesome.

Policy lynch on this is "Lynch the useless player" or "Lynch the newbie who doesn't care that more people than there are total mafia are telling him a no-lynch is anti town, as if he is town, he's not going to help find scum"

Jack, No Lynch D1 is a poor play for the town, Period. It isn't done because it's a bad play. Part of the SE and IC job is to give new players this knowledge. Please listen to them. I can't believe you don't think *someone* is a bit scummy.
How can you say I am not playing the game? I have got people talking and I am posting. And Useless, really? I never said I didn't care or I didn't think anyone was not being scummy but that there is just not enough out there to find them. You guys are so worked up about my NL and how i am being a stubborn, mule headed, noob did you ever think that it was a way for me to push your buttons?

Muh, how is a policy lynch (when everyone thinks i am just a poor play "townie") good for the town?
muh316 wrote:
I'm not scum. I'm just stating that the Mafia is pretty much laughing at this guy. A policy lynch is better than a no lynch.

I don't care laugh at me, people laughed at the Wright Brothers and they made history. You going so quickly to a policy lynch makes you me think you are scummy. You are so ready to get rid of a difficult townie instead of actually looking for scum.
Stels wrote:@Jack Forman: Yet again, my opinion of you hasn't changed. You are still insecure about trying to lynch someone, choosing the easier option of a no-lynch. Your character is that of someone who fears the consequences, which I see in a scum-light. You're afraid that if you vote for someone and lynch that person, you will be seen as scum for lynching that townie, which you are definitely afraid of. The fact that you refuse to scum-hunt in general is also something that is unacceptable and anti-town, especially since you said that was your "final" vote. My vote stays.
Taking the easier option?? Not really cus that means we have to hit scum in 2 days not 3 days... not easier. I fear consequences?? How? The ultimate consequence -- mafia wins. Obviously I don't fear consequence if I am still going with this plan after everything everyone has told me. I stuck to my guns, despite everything I was told.

I also think it is stupid that some of you have complained about me not posting so often when there others who have posted less than me and their few posts have been one liners.

I never said I wasn't going to play the game, if I am sure somebody is scum end of D1 I will be willing to consider placing a vote to help out the rest of the town, but I still think lynching a townie d1 will hurt us in the end.
Fuben84 is my xbox name.
I Love Beer!!!
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:29 pm

Post by muh316 »

Jack. I never said I wanted to lynch you. I never placed my vote on you. All I did was mention that you were being anti-town.
I agree with stels. If you are going for a no lynch, you won't scum hunt. Its going to hurt the town more. For now, let all this no lynch stuff go and try to look at flaws in posts, ask questions do something productive to help the town.
Ellyssa
Ellyssa
Townie
Ellyssa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:57 pm

Post by Ellyssa »

@split #108 Oh. I meant that maybe it was just he wasn't on after the time it left RVS until then (his was the last RVS vote besides barefoot's OMGUS), so it could just be him getting on for the day and shifting gears to the 'real' game/vote. Just something that stood out in his ISO for me, that he only had one post (mostly answering RVS questions) in between and wasn't necessarily here all the time. Don't want to explain it away for him though, interested to hear his thoughts and the timing was awfully convenient.

@T-Bone #109 The other person you were considering was me, in this post (#74and hopefully I explained my 'why' case for no-lynch enough. Though I do wonder why you decided to pick us but not, say, Quaroath when his was the second vote on. But fair enough, thanks for the post. I guess I just don't see how someone can convince someone else of being innocent for the Xth person and not the Yth person onto a wagon.

And true enough regarding leading the discussion, but we don't really get anywhere if we don't talk and scumhunt. By fallacies and wifoms one can probably argue anything and everything as being scummy in some way, heh. I disagree it's more scummy than lurking though, because lurking is like hiding in the shadows to prevent slips or scum reads on oneself. (I have a neutral read on you at the moment, but at least it's contentful neutral!)

Not sure I agree that accusing multiple players is bad. It seems more like we have to find 'the most likely' mafia candidate to lynch, and like you said, putting them under pressure to see their reactions, and we don't have enough days to do it if we only look at one or two per day.

@Jack #110 I agree you're not the most inactive (not that anyone really has), I may have said something about you not posting in reply to some other point yet but did not mean it in a 'he's inactive!' sense, sorry. (I think we're doing great so far in activity compared to the dropouts in the other newbie games I've read..) I sure as hell don't agree, but at least you've presented your idea. Thanks for confirming you may change the vote if it came to that.
Rain
Rain
Goon
Rain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:13 pm

Post by Rain »

@Quaroath

While it's true you haven't voted for barefoot, #76 tells me you had the intention, just not the commitment.

In my own post, I did make a mistake. It was supposed to be T-Bone, and not muh316. Let me reiterate with the correction:
You've mentioned everybody at least once, except for T-Bone.

Well, that was true until I pointed that out.

It's easy to call misrepresentations, and provide details after the fact eh?

I'm also concerned as to why you added T-Bone to your scumlist randomly, despite claiming you've forgotten he even existed.
All cats die. Socrates died. Therefore, Socrates was a cat.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:38 pm

Post by T-Bone »

@ Ellyssa, I considered Quaroth the first, since Rain's vote was cast during the RVS and thus could not be considered in my analysis of the voting pattern.

Ellyssa
Ellyssa
Townie
Ellyssa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:43 pm

Post by Ellyssa »

@T-Bone Aha. Thanks. I missed that, and acknowledged.
Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:54 pm

Post by Quaroath »

Stels wrote:@Jack Forman: Yet again, my opinion of you hasn't changed. You are still insecure about trying to lynch someone, choosing the easier option of a no-lynch. Your character is that of someone who fears the consequences, which I see in a scum-light. You're afraid that if you vote for someone and lynch that person, you will be seen as scum for lynching that townie, which you are definitely afraid of. The fact that you refuse to scum-hunt in general is also something that is unacceptable and anti-town, especially since you said that was your "final" vote. My vote stays.
Quaroath wrote:I'm feeling a barefoot-Stels scumteam at the moment. I don't know where the vote count is and addin it up manually on my iPhone is a pain. Not sure what vote count stels is at, or I'd vote him.
You never got around to explaining this part and despite having posted the several large posts that most certainly did not come from your phone, you still haven't voted me in any way possible, even before voting for Rain. The fact that you arrived at a Me + barefoot-fighter scumteam so early into the game is also rather ridiculous.
Debatable on ridiculousness. You two at the time were the two most likely scum for me. Both are still top 3. I'm sorry? It was what I was feeling, and I am trying to get people to discuss multiple items of interest for me. The fact that *no-one* but you asked A.) About that though, and B.) Seems to have noticed I didn't elaborate is interesting to me.
stels wrote:I also like how everyone in this game is discussing possible situations that this game might come to when we are still only in Day 1 and have no progress whatsoever to even consider these circumstances. What I'm seeing here is a mass-diversion from trying to scum-hunt and get the town actually moving. The people that did this are: barefoot-fighter, Ellyssa, Jack Forman, Quaroath and Rain.
Ellyssa and Jack Forman are slightly unrelated to actually diverting attention elsewhere, but Ellyssa contributed a small amount and Jack Forman is definitely the cause of this all. Rain is the IC and I know that his role is to explain and correct the situation, but he is still one of those people who keep up the conversation about it instead of going the other way.
Concluding that list, one of the scum is highly likely to be in the barefoot-fighter, Quaroath and Rain group. Barefoot-fighter definitely strikes as suspicious now, with her "freaked-out" reactions about the votes that have been acquired by her, especially comparing herself to Jack, which is odd. She definitely seems scummy the way she stands now.
HoS: barefoot-fighter
Cute HoS. Anyways as far as that entire conversational thread, i'm done. I don't feel like banging my head against the Jack No-Lynch wall anymore. I agree with the idea that either barefoot or rain is scum though. Pretty sure I'm not. ;-)
Stels wrote:@T-Bone: apart from one-liners and a few phrases in your previous post, you haven't actually said much and are already bent on a definite lynch. Bit under the radar, might I add.

@Everyone: Remember, I am still V/LA. I'll try to post when I can, but that's not a guarantee.
Agree on T-bone. Contribution = nigh zero.

BTW Pneumonia sucks. That is all.
Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:05 pm

Post by Quaroath »

Rain wrote:@Quaroath

While it's true you haven't voted for barefoot, #76 tells me you had the intention, just not the commitment.

In my own post, I did make a mistake. It was supposed to be T-Bone, and not muh316. Let me reiterate with the correction:
You've mentioned everybody at least once, except for T-Bone.

Well, that was true until I pointed that out.

It's easy to call misrepresentations, and provide details after the fact eh?

I'm also concerned as to why you added T-Bone to your scumlist randomly, despite claiming you've forgotten he even existed.
I also corrected my own f up on muh in an Edit by way of post. Still, not a lot of interaction with me an muh. As far as T-bone goes, anyone that I forget about being in the game is aggro lurking and is by definition, suspicious. You pretty much did what i did, mess up part of a post and ebwop. i'm not sure how big of an afer the fact for either of us the ebwop was since it was nigh immediately for both of us.

As far as T-bone being on the scum list, I'm haven't put a scum list out there. I have put a list out of people I think would be far more productive lynches for informational purposes. That list is Barefoot, stels, rain, T-bone over lynching Jack on a policy lynch.

I'm comfortable with Ellyssa atm, Jack strikes me as new townie at this point, and split feels town as well.

I dont really have a read i'd trust on muh or T-bone due to lack of contribution. Barefoot likes to appeal to emotion, Stels made a really forceful push to blow pre-game joke out of proportion, and you are twisting my words, frequently. You also want people to think I'm bandwagoning your votes, which I most certainly am not.
Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:13 pm

Post by Quaroath »

Ellyssa wrote:@Quaroath #90 To make a link you do

Code: Select all

[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2842875#p2842875]Insert name here[/url]

and you get the url itself by right clicking the #number at the top of each post and copying that URL. At least that's what I've been doing. You can quote any post with a link to see the tags they used in the edit box window too.

@Quaroath #91 Not that I don't appreciate it, cause I do, and I have a fairly strong pro-town on you just because we've been agreeing a lot, I just hope you don't flip Mafia in the end and in the meantime are setting this up to sell as an excuse (oh, she was the most pro-town) for a N1 NK or something, since you only pointed me out and no one else.. but we'll see I guess. :)
I really want to know if others are getting the same read, more than anything. >_<

Ellyssa wrote:I think my other stronger town reads at the moment besides Q are Rain and perhaps Jack, even though they're both on the opposite ends of that no-lynch thing, though I'd probably lynch Jack over no-lynch at the end of Day 1 if it came to that, as the lesser of two evils. I'd have to think very hard on that one though (the argument of stubbornness, vs a heavy dose of WIFOM to make himself seem too-obvMafia to be Mafia). Likely depends how you play between now and that time, Jack.

@Quaroath 101 Oh also, bumped this up to here because it ties in to the last one. Just a quick note that if we don't agree on someone to lynch at the end of the deadline, it still becomes no-lynch, whether we actually vote NL or not. That's what I thought he meant (ie he's our fallback at the end of the day) and thus why I didn't think that
muh316 in [rul=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2842546#p2842546 wrote:#84[/url]]
seemed scummy at first. It does sound a bit flippant though. Not sure if that's some kind of tell.
Jack is a lynch of last resort in my mind. I really don't want to policy lynch D1. Lynching Jack will provide very little information for the town, as things stand. I can't even really get behind a muh bandwagon over this post. Doe it rub me wrong, hell yes. Doesn't rub me scummy wrong though. More "Well that's just not helpful AT ALL" wrong.

Ellyssa wrote:@T-Bone
T-Bone in [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2843678#p2843678]#95[/url] wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Quaroath wrote:
This post really
really
bothers me.
Because he's....scum??

(Man, the nested quotes)

You found the two scum really fast! Congrats! Actually your reasonings for both seem kind of flimsy.. mainly that you latched onto a single dubious scum tell likely partly based on timing and timezones (who gets on and reads/posts first) and used that as the only argument so far against Stels. Granted he hasn't posted much more.. nm, preview edit, he has now! Have your views on Stels changed upon reviewing his newest post? What do you feel about Barefoot or perhaps Quaroath?

@Stels I did read that a scumtell was that Mafia were more likely to try to talk about mechanics and less about the game to distract conversation. But my main motivation (and I think the others too) for arguing against Jack was that it was essentially a lost vote on Day 1 which we needed to try to get back. And that was best case scenario (worst was that enough people agreed with him right away). Essentially he's now a tree stump for D1, and one with no incentive to participate and an 'excuse' to lurk to D2. Plus it was the first issue out of RVS to comment on. I'm not sure the issue has really gone away, Jack's just not a rabid poster like us and hasn't replied back yet.. but he did re-vote no lynch after I asked him if that was what his stance was.
QFT
Ellyssa wrote:@Quaroath in #100 and @Rain in #96 I agree T-bone and muh are kind of laying low. Even Stels (Which I just had to edit out of that list!) who's mostly V/LA just posted as much as they've posted all game.

But still early, I guess, but I don't really have reads on T-Bone or muh yet as they haven't really contributed much analysis (they both have, a little, in one post each.)

Neither has split.
@split Do you have any particular reads on people besides Jack that you want to share? I think you brought up an interesting coaching point at Rain back in #85, though that could be a rather WIFOM-y argument, but like Rain said, may be useful in the future if either of them flip scum. What do you think of barefoot?

@barefoot .. hm, never mind, she said she may be away for a day or two. Still the most suspicious read so far in my opinion, but perhaps due to nerves or something. Definitely interested in hearing your catch-up post and thoughts on others after.

Sorry about shoddiness at the end, have to run for now.
I adressed mu/tabone/split and my feelings in my last post. I still think barefoot is a good D1 lynch.
splitfarvle
splitfarvle
Goon
splitfarvle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:28 am

Post by splitfarvle »

Quaroath wrote:As far as T-bone being on the scum list, I'm haven't put a scum list out there. I have put a list out of people I think would be far
more productive lynches for informational purposes. That list is Barefoot, stels, rain, T-bone over lynching Jack on a policy lynch.
Quaroath wrote:
I dont really have a read i'd trust on muh or T-bone due to lack of contribution.
Barefoot likes to appeal to emotion, Stels made a really forceful push to blow pre-game joke out of proportion, and you are twisting my words, frequently. You also want people to think I'm bandwagoning your votes, which I most certainly am not.
Both quotes from #117, bolding mine. It seems like a contradiction to say that a T-Bone lynch would be informative, and then later say that you don't have a read on him. What information would you expect from a T-Bone lynch? What is the difference in your mind with muh316? Do you have any thoughts about what I've said about muh?
Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:41 am

Post by Quaroath »

I think we'd learn from a T-bone lynch. If T-bone flipped scum I'd be extra comfy with a Rain lynch the day after. Lurking is always an interesting, lets say, tactic. While T-bone's last post was helpful it wasn't blow me out of the water helpful.. The fact that he doesn't have an opinion on me actually really bothers me as well. 5 pages (and me walling text a few times) and you can't get a feel for me?

My preferred D1 lynch is either barefoot or rain right now. I'd be comfortable with either. Gotta run for the moment. I'll iso read muh in light of your thoughts after my doctors appointment.
Rain
Rain
Goon
Rain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:24 am

Post by Rain »

Can you elaborate on how a T-Bone scum flip would make me scummy? You're just stringing lynches up with no apparent logic here.
All cats die. Socrates died. Therefore, Socrates was a cat.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:03 am

Post by T-Bone »

Can you explain to me Quaroth how you're contributing? Posting the same wall of information post after post is not "contributing". That is just posting for the sake of posting.

I keep seeing my name getting tossed out as "not contributing." Can someone explain to me how I am "not contributing?" Wait I get it, I'm not quoting people and typing huge walls of meaningless text. Got it. I need to do more of that.

Because I sure as hell am contributing more than you Quaroth. Hell, Spitfavle caught you in a contradiction. All you are doing Quaroth is throwing accusations left and right. That's far from contributing. Dare I say that's more along the lines of activity trolling, so people will say "that guy is so pro-town, look at how much he posts."

Honestly? Some people are looking more and more like they need my vote more than Stels does. Don't worry guys, I'm very generous with my vote. Just look at the love Stels has for me.

Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:51 am

Post by Quaroath »

Rain wrote:Can you elaborate on how a T-Bone scum flip would make me scummy? You're just stringing lynches up with no apparent logic here.
I think that there is a decent chance that you are trying to tie me to t-bone, with him being your partner. You call me and him out as a team, setting yourself up for a buss on him followed by saying "See I told you they were the scum team". Call it a gut feeling on that. Knowing my alignment makes me pretty sure I'm not in a scum team with T-bone (or anyone for that matter), but you seem to want to establish early a link between us. That's where that thought process comes from. Oddly, if T-bone didn't flip scum, I'd consider you a strong pro town feel. His card flip would give me a lot of information about you. Therefor, it'd be very informative. Which was my entire point as far as policy lynch vs informational lynch.

Note: I'm not even trying to push a T-bone lynch. Please don't make it out like I am.

@Rain, out of curiosity, why are you after me more than T-bone? I don't see you really going after him at all (distancing maybe) but mostly focusing on me. I read your posts as "Well, T-Bone is active lurking, which is scummy, and Quaroath isn't talking about him, so I'll vote Quaroath."

How inaccurate is that understanding that I have? I have to be missing something.
Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:04 am

Post by Quaroath »

T-Bone wrote:Can you explain to me Quaroth how you're contributing? Posting the same wall of information post after post is not "contributing". That is just posting for the sake of posting.

I keep seeing my name getting tossed out as "not contributing." Can someone explain to me how I am "not contributing?" Wait I get it, I'm not quoting people and typing huge walls of meaningless text. Got it. I need to do more of that.
Damn right.
T-Bone wrote:Because I sure as hell am contributing more than you Quaroth. Hell, Spitfavle caught you in a contradiction. All you are doing Quaroth is throwing accusations left and right. That's far from contributing. Dare I say that's more along the lines of activity trolling, so people will say "that guy is so pro-town, look at how much he posts."
Debatable, on multiple points. Split didn't catch me in a contradiction. I don't really have a good feel for you on pro-town or anti-town. I still maintain a lynch on you is far better than a policy lynch on jack. I haven't waffled on this. That's not saying I think you *should* be lynched. I just think a policy lynch is the worst possible solution today.

As far an contributions go, sure I'm rather vocal about how I feel on people. I can post less if you'd like? If I see something I want to respond too, I respond to it.

At this point I would be quite surprised if split, ellyssa, or Jack turned up scum. Everyone else, not so much. I'm 80% sure that either rain or barefoot is scum. T-bone and muh316 are middle of the road, and wouldn't shock me either way.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”