shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2003 2:50 am

Post by shadyforce »

Well using it might be a good idea. Just to see if there are less kills. The obvious problem with that plan is we don't know how many kills to expect and scum might not kill as much to incriminate that person.

*I'd say just choose who you feel is the most suspicious of the 5 of us. With suspicion weighing against the 3 vs 2 town to mafia, I think you'll get scum and might just stop a kill anyway. Whether telling us now or tomorrow is somethign we should maybe discuss.

*Disclaimer: The above plan constitutes a 'wild idea' and the flaws in it have not yet been ironed out.
[size=75][color=darkblue]I'm never wrong... well I was wrong once but that was when I thought I'd made a mistake but hadn't.[/color][/size]
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2003 6:34 am

Post by massive »

Well, I have a problem with that ... but mostly because I think Fletcher is the most suspicious. Jigglypuff SHOULD have that ability ... but anyone who knows the game should know that it should be identical to Drowzee's. Jigglypuff's Sing attack causes the opponent to fall asleep. But of course, Fletcher wouldn't want to reveal that since that would mean he was at least halfway responsible for mlaker's death.

Right now I believe the remaining evil is Fletcher and mathcam, who covered up nicely the fact that Fletcher must not have seen that he could end today earlier. I've already outlined my other mathcam-suspicion reasons.

unvote whomever
vote Fletcher
Someone
Someone
Well, we gotta remove Someone
Someone

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:16 am

Post by Someone »

Actually, as scary as it sounds, I think we should lynch mathcam. If it turns out that fletcher was telling the truth, he is a strong asset for the town. If he's guilty, he's dead tomorrow anyways.
This is just here so my posts don't look so ugly when I edit them.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:10 am

Post by massive »

The problem is, if mathcam is telling the truth, he's one of our doctors. I'd feel much more comfortable lynching Fletcher now - we know what Jigglypuff does or is supposed to do, I know what Growlithe does and he's not proactive, ... and we have to assume that if Psyduck IS one-shot (or whichever Pokemon Fletcher might really have), then it might be a game-breaking ability.

Speaking of game-breaking ability, shadyforce ... do you think it would be wise to co-ordinate our Legendary abilities? I know what Moltres does, so I'm assuming Articuno is pretty solid as well.
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:17 am

Post by shadyforce »

My Articuno hasn't been used yet, and I plan to use him tonight. But how can we coordinate without revealing their powers?
[size=75][color=darkblue]I'm never wrong... well I was wrong once but that was when I thought I'd made a mistake but hadn't.[/color][/size]
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:41 am

Post by massive »

I would prefer to use Moltres tonight, and save Articuno for tomorrow night. I have no problem revealing what Moltres does, although I'd prefer to wait until we hit twilight.

I'm also still interested in what Shellder does. And Kangaskhan to some extent, although I have Stewie in my "more likely town than not" category. And still interested why mathcam picked Diglett.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:00 am

Post by mathcam »

I just misspoke. Good catch. I started with Diglett, and recuited Bulbosaur, and then Chansey. I think it's pretty clear that this was just a typo and not a "slip" just by checking the context of the sentence:
massive wrote: Cam: did you start with the Bulbosaur?
No, I recruited Diglett (who I've never heard of) and recruited Bulbosaur (the only Pokemon I have heard of.)
I did, actually, recruit Chansey because someone mentioned recruiting him to be a good pick (probably massive).

I gotta say I'm somewhat dismayed by the fact that we're not focusing on the two people I find most likely to be innocent: me and Fletcher. Stewie's third on my list of innocents, so I guess I feel that two out of massive, Someone, and shadyforce are evil, and I'm relatively confident about shady.

Even
I
know Jigglypuff has a sleep-related ability (via Super Smash Brothers Melee for the GameCube :) )....so I do see some suspicion on Fletcher from that point, but it's quite possible that mole just wanted to have different Pokemon have different abilities, and the role that Fletcher is claiming for jigglypuff certainly isn't unbelievable. Maybe I'm being blind-sided by this, but the fact that Fletcher didn't enact the lynch when he had the ability to really seems somewhat convincing to me.

I'll probably post again in a minute or two once I collect my thoughts on legendary pokemon.

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:09 am

Post by mathcam »

Hey, wait a minute! I used Bulbosaur on massive last night. He shouldn't have three Pokemon. Unless Fletcher Jigglypuffed me, I guess. Fletcher?

This Legendary pokemon things is very weird. There are 2 out of the three in the game? It seems more likely to me that there are none in the game, and that massive and shadyforce are lying. But Stewie has a point about it being risky for scum to claim them, so I don't know. This quote stands out to me as being suspicious:
Hrm. Shadyforce ... when you read your PM about Articuno, did you have the same impression that I did - that all three Legendary Pokemon were in the game? I would have argued that point for quite a while, had it come up. Were you as surprised as I was to see no Zapdos?
This sounds a lot to me like two mafia putting on an act of surprise. I guess I'll reiterate my strong belief that we should lynch shadyforce, and possible massive next if shady's innocent. I'm appealing mostly to Stewie, Someone, and Fletcher here, as massive has made it clear he's not voting for Shadyforce.

Cam
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:49 am

Post by massive »

What's funny is, I can explain a lot of that, cam. It's a nice attempt, but looking more and more desperate.

I used Vulpix last night. Her ability is to scare off any Pokemon who attempt to target me with an ability. Kinda like Growlithe, only not as detailed. I figured there had to be Pokemon-related kills (and the Ghastly kill proves that, at least) so I wanted to protect myself, and it looks like I made a good choice since even accidental death is waiting around every corner. So even if you really DO have Bulbasaur and targeted me, I was protected.

My question for shadyforce was trap-bait, really. Looking at my PM, I knew there was only one Moltres in the game - and it made sense to me that the other two were in the game already as well, and singular, and therefore unrecruitable. Why, then, would shadyforce bother trying to catch Moltres? shadyforce answered the question as best he could without making me more suspicious.

No one had mentioned Chansey until Stewie revealed her ability in the thread on page 11. The thing is, if you were pro-town and completely oblivious to Pokemon, why not recruit one of the known Pokemon? They had some good abilities - Meowth for instance would be perfect since it catches Rockets. Shoot, I'd even say Squirtle would have been better than random since you knew it was a one-shot self-protect. Going after a not-so-well-known type that hadn't been mentioned in the thread seems arbitrary. You're trying too hard to make us think you're trying to be helpful. You were better off when you had Chansey as your initial Pokemon.

I'm sure we'll continue to go rounds. This is kinda fun. :)
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:57 am

Post by mathcam »

I'm sure we'll continue to go rounds. This is kinda fun.
Agreed. :)

a) There's no reason to suspect I'm lying about having a bulbosaur. Unless you believe I'm a magnificent liar, it's pretty clear I have no idea what I'm talking about when it comes to Pokemon. Bulbosaur is one of the only pokemon that non-fans would have heard it. In any case, I don't think you really think otherwise, so the point is mostly moot.

b) Okay, the points in your second paragraph are taken.

c) Why would I lie about the order in which I received my pokemon? And if I lied, why would I backtrack?
What's funny is, I can explain a lot of that, cam. It's a nice attempt, but looking more and more desperate.
I don't get this at all. If it's stuff worth explaining, then how does it look desparate? But honestly, I am getting desparate. I can't believe none of you see shadyforce as evilly as I do, and I can't believe you're leaning towards lynching Fletcher or me instead.

Someone: why do you think we should lynch me?

Cam
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:47 am

Post by Someone »

I was all for voting you because of various mistakes in your posts...but all seems unrelevant now, for some reason. I'll give myself a bit more time to revisist the thread...since I'm not sure who to suspect beyond fletcher.

As for shellder, I can protect
Myself
with it. This makes it a very powerful pro-town role.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:54 am

Post by mathcam »

So you can never be night-killed? It sounds like massive is claiming the same thing with his Vulpix pokemon. This seems highly unlikely. Or maybe Team Rocket has some way of killing other than using pokemon?

Cam
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:58 am

Post by shadyforce »

@Mathcam: Granted I do believe you made a careless mistake with the order of your pokémon, I'll give you that.

Nonetheless your desperation and insistance that I am scum is making you look more scummy. In my experience, usually only scum push that hard for someone to be lynched on 'a hunch'.

It's quite simple, if massive and I are scum then massive is the single most stupid scum alive for sticking up for me.

I don't believe Massive or Fletcher are scum. My suspicion of mathcam is rising, my suspicion of Stewie and Someone is not going away either. thei lack of posts is bothering me too. however, I choose the one who is mst desperate to get me killed.

Unvote: Stewie
Vote: Mathcam

Just to mention one other thing, Drowzee's power is different from Jigglypuff. Jiggly can use
sing
to send someone to sleep. However Drowzee's power is likely a combination between
Hypnosis
(identical to sing) and
Dreameater
. Dreameater is an attack that steals hit points off a target
only when they are asleep
and is
not
learned by Jigglypuff.

And as for kill protection, wee saw they bypassed abra protection so your probably right with the rockets.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:22 am

Post by mathcam »

Very informative post. Excellent.

It's not stupid to defend your mafia team-mate if you have any feeling that this is going to be the last day of the game.

I personally feel a willingness to join bandwagons readily is more indicative of scum than doggedly pursuing his one hunch. And I would like to point out that it's more than just a hunch now. There are several factors which are contributing to my vote, all of which have been mentioned by various people at various times. I will concede that they are all circumstantial, but certainly no moreso than anything anyone has on me.

But maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree. I'm definitely becoming less sure of my suspicion on Shady, but unfortunately, my suspicion on anyoen else isn't rising. Maybe Stewie could weigh in?

Cam
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:26 am

Post by shadyforce »

I, like you, would also like to hear from the others. They're getting very quiet.
Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2003 10:32 am

Post by Fletcher »

The only reason I seem quiet is because all this talking has taken place while I was at school!
mathcam wrote: Unless Fletcher Jigglypuffed me, I guess. Fletcher?
Like I said, I have never used Jigglypuff.

Right now I feel like I am in the middle of things.

I don't feel like mathcam is lying and I think shadyforce is good, too.

Right now it's Someone and massive who are suspicious to me. Someone seems to be saying as little as possible and only posting when he is asked a question or his opinion. I find that pretty suspicious but only enough for an
FoS: Someone
, again.

As for massive. He seems to be sneakily getting information without directly asking. Also, he's trying to lynch mathcam who, for the moment, I think is innocent.

Vote: massive
[size=75]"But you know what they say. 'Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is... umm... really, really dumb and bad.'"- Strong Bad[/size]
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:17 am

Post by Stewie »

The reason I didn't post the last 2-3 days is because I was trying to not log in, to make up a believable claim for christmas story mafia. Since I claimed and now I'm gone, I'll post as usual in the other threads.

I think shadyforce is suspicious, but someone even more. It's clear to me that at least one of them is mafia. I do not believe that a pro-town role would have night kill immunity, because that would make then extremely powerful. All we have to do is get a shelder and we'll all have protection. However, I think that a shelder in the hands of scum would indeed give night protection.

I will vote for shadyforce if we agree on lynching him, tomorrow someone. I will not vote yet since a scum can fast lynch and pretty much win the game. Also, if we end up lynching a townie, and mathcam, fletcher/massive and I are alive, i should protect mathcam, and mathcam should protect fletcher/massive. I only have one really useful pokemon, chansey, but it doens't make sense to protect each other.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:45 am

Post by mathcam »

Uh-oh. I'm starting to wish-wash. I hate it when that happens. Maybe Someone is a better target after all.

Cam
Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:54 am

Post by Fletcher »

Oh yeah, my Psyduck is a one shot investigation. I was thinking that since this may be the last night, or maybe not, that I should use it. Should I use it or my Jigglypuff?
[size=75]"But you know what they say. 'Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is... umm... really, really dumb and bad.'"- Strong Bad[/size]
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:03 pm

Post by Someone »

Jigglypuff for sure... If you happen to catch a mafia with an investigation you would just get who was guilty. If you catch them with a role-block you would get a night with no kills and know who the mafia is...do the math.

The problem is the thread seems to still be pointing towards you, fletcher, because of the Jigglypuff thing. There is no way jigglypuff doesn't have something to do with sleep. Actually, I'm pretty sure that jigglypuff has exactly the same powers as drowsee...there has to be some identical roles because there are 150 pokemon. This is further confirmed by the fact that Squirtle has the exact same role as my Shellder, and similar to the Vulpix mentioned. Even MORE evidence is that there must be more ways to make people fall asleep or the side-effects will be non-existent.

Add all this to the fact that fletcher asked if he should pick jigglypuff or Psyduck, when the answer was obvious, and you have a pretty good case. So
Vote: Fletcher

The next issue I want to address is mathcam. In my re-read of the thread, I still haven't changed my basic feeling about him...uneasy. It's not his usual sharp play, he's making more mistakes then normal. However, as always, it's not enough to be very suspicious and I am willing to drop that for the moment.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:29 pm

Post by Stewie »

vote: someone

after thinking about his shelder, I decided not to trust him.
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2003 2:06 am

Post by shadyforce »

Someone wrote:There is no way jigglypuff doesn't have something to do with sleep. Actually, I'm pretty sure that jigglypuff has exactly the same powers as drowsee...
I wrote:Just to mention one other thing, Drowzee's power is different from Jigglypuff. Jiggly can use
sing
to send someone to sleep. However Drowzee's power is likely a combination between
Hypnosis
(identical to sing) and
Dreameater
. Dreameater is an attack that steals hit points off a target
only when they are asleep
and is
NOT
learned by Jigglypuff.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2003 3:42 am

Post by massive »

But that doesn't change the probability of him lying about USING Jigglypuff last night. And I'm not sure I believe that, of ALL the roles, Meowth and Psyduck are the "investigative" ones.
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2003 4:39 am

Post by Someone »

Unvote:fletcher

Thinking.....
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2003 8:13 am

Post by mathcam »

Someone, about me, wrote:It's not his usual sharp play, he's making more mistakes then normal.
This is true. Let this be a lesson to me not to sign up for themed games on themes about which I have no knowledge.

I know I'm harping on this, but no one else has even addressed the issue, so I'll continue harping: If there were three players left (Players A, B, and C), and player A has voted for player B, and player C comes along and doesn't vote, we
know
Player C is not mafia. If he were, he could have won the game by voting and killing player B.

Admittedly, the argument is much weaker here. We don't know that this is the last day, and we don't know the distribution of the killing forces, but I remain steadfast in my belief that if Fletcher were evil, he would have put on the killing vote on Stewie.

Unvote: shadyforce, Vote: Someone

Cam

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”