Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:03 pm

Post by bvoigt »

UNVOTE: DavidParker
VOTE: Nachomomma8

After an ISO and some thinking, I'm no longer convinced that DP is scum. Using ThAd's paraphrase of flavor to clear him as town doesn't strike me as something scum would do (unless, of course, he had an entire role PM for a fakeclaim. If that is usually the case, someone please let me know.)

Expect a reread and good post over the next couple of days.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:05 pm

Post by bvoigt »

Also, the Nacho vote is because he's confusing me and I want an explanation of his claim thingy.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:54 pm

Post by Lowell »

@1470- yeah sorry, missed the claim. I'll pay attention. let me catch up.

@1460- I was thinking exactly the same thing. game-related or not, PMs are odd in the middle of a game. 1461 isn't the most inspiring response.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:57 pm

Post by Lowell »

@nacho- upon reread, I still don't understand. probably for the best. is there something in particular I can help you with?
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:47 pm

Post by Furcolow »

Sathoris wrote:Because I'm new here and I like to be friendly to people. Seriously why is this even coming up in this game. I've been playing with you and iPie from a month or so now so I though I'd wish you a happy birthday.
Dont worry though, I won't do the same for you next year, furc.

Besides your reasoning is completely off. I've been against you all game. I have no motives to get on your good side in this game.
Bolded is extremely uncalled for.
It's a no PM game, bro, you pming a bunch of people alters their opinion of you. "Oh, I don't want to lynch this scum, because he's such a nice guy" Sure, it was non-game related, but it can change the game, and is cheating.
Sathoris wrote:If I knew furculow would blow this way out of proportion I wouldn't have bothered. Strictly business here then. This has derailed the game long enough. Your attempt of trying to blow something up to shift attention from yourself has been noted furculow..
I meant to mention this earlier. Also, please learn how to spell my name, thanks.
I'm not trying to blow something up, I'm informing the game that what you are doing leads to cheating. What if I replied? What if I replied with reads? You would try to get me modkilled.

Why would you do that as town? I don't believe you would. You only benefit from that as scum, and from the altered opinion of your niceness in not getting you lynched. It also helps you fake town play if you are scum.
ThAdmiral wrote:
bvoigt wrote:
XScorpion wrote:You read it wrong.
No, you read it wrong.

@ThAdmiral: Somewhere around my ISO #20 on D1, I decided it was time to get a flip, and switched around between several people who seemed pretty likely to be scum.
This may be true. But you've bandwaggoned since then as well.
Sathoris wrote:Because I'm new here and I like to be friendly to people. Seriously why is this even coming up in this game. I've been playing with you and iPie from a month or so now so I though I'd wish you a happy birthday. Dont worry though, I won't do the same for you next year, furc.

Besides your reasoning is completely off. I've been against you all game. I have no motives to get on your good side in this game.
This comes across as properly genuine.
You've hurt his feelings furc. Congrats.
Have you been pming players from the game? I mean, that just opens the floodgates. However genuine that is could easily be faked. If you don't view that as null, I really don't know what to say, bro.
Nachomamma8 wrote:Sathoris, Furc, DP, Lowell, why did you ignore my claim?

Unvote, Vote: DavidParker
I missed your post. I saw someone talk about you having a night kill, but when you're playing terribly as town like I am this game, you want to dodge any and all vig discussion.. lol
gonnano wrote:I like Thad's analysis, although I disagree somewhat about bvoigt, who seems to me the most town out of the three that Thad was looking at. I've been getting scummy vibes off of smarg throughout the game, but I'm still not sure if I've seen enough to warrant a vote.

Furcolow's accusation about Sathoris PMing him is a null tell, reads as more VIS play on Furcolow's part.
I disagree. I play in PM games a lot, and small talk is how you open up with people. I appreciate his wishes, but I feel there was an ulterior motive there. You can disagree all you want about what that makes me, but I feel any good player should not reply and inform the thread.
Lowell wrote:@1470- yeah sorry, missed the claim. I'll pay attention. let me catch up.

@1460- I was thinking exactly the same thing. game-related or not, PMs are odd in the middle of a game. 1461 isn't the most inspiring response.
So, Gonnano, Lowell is a VI too? He agrees with me here, and for good reason.

Anyways, I'm done with this PM bull-malarkey.

I am very receptive to a smarg lynch, barring her having a good defense.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:06 pm

Post by smargaret »

I jumped off furc because I think there are a lot of people who keep coming up as scummy - Lowell and gonanno are the two I can think of off the top of my head - but aren't getting attention/being wagoned, and more - steph, sath, bvoigt, EGL, BotS - who are coasting. There was a fair bit of pressure on Furc, the town isn't going to let him slide - and we have several scum to be hunting for. Yesterday I was pretty lost given the size of the game and the number of wagons.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:08 pm

Post by smargaret »

EBWOP: Furc, if you're so receptive to my lynch, why aren't you voting me?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:39 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Furcolow wrote:Have you been pming players from the game? I mean, that just opens the floodgates. However genuine that is could easily be faked. If you don't view that as null, I really don't know what to say, bro.
Well if you don't think he was genuinely just trying to do something nice in this mafia community, then I don't know what to say to you.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:09 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Day 2, vote count 10

DavidParker - 6 -
LynchMePls, InflatablePie, Lowell, EGL, Beasts of the Sea, Nachomamma8
Furcolow - 4 -
Scott Brosius, XScorpion, Stephoscope, Sathoris
gonnano - 1 -
Amrun
Amrun -2 -
gonnano, Furcolow
smargaret - 2 -
Artem, ThAdmiral
Stephoscope - 1 -
smargaret
Nachomamma8 - 1 -
bvoigt

Not voting - 3 -
The Fonz, Feysal, DavidParker

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.

Deadline for the end of day two is Tuesday 23rd March @11am CST

Artem,
Beasts of the Sea
and
Stephoscope
have been prodded.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:44 am

Post by LimMePls »

bvoigt you make me sad. And here I thought you were town. *sigh*
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:15 am

Post by Artem »

Prod received. Will post content later today.
pepoel who spel bad and don't know grammer is jerks
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:57 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Everything with the PMs and Sathoris is null. Getting a town read makes no sense from it, but it's a weak reason to push anything on Sathoris either.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:11 am

Post by Artem »

Alright, I'm all caught up and don't really have much to say.

I've kinda lost the interest in the game. I think I figured out who the townies are and want to systematically lynch the others, starting with smarg. Unfortunately, I don't really have the attention span or the stamina to put together proper cases to convince others.

So, I think I'm just going to replace out. Thanks for the game, guys. Was entertaining for a while.

Sotty: Can I be replaced please?
pepoel who spel bad and don't know grammer is jerks
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:16 am

Post by LimMePls »

Artem wrote:I think I figured out who the townies are and want to systematically lynch the others, starting with smarg.
And you couldn't be bothered to post this list of "who you think the townies are" before you replace out? That is really frustrating.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:16 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Looking for a replacement
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:54 am

Post by Furcolow »

smargaret wrote:I jumped off furc because I think there are a lot of people who keep coming up as scummy - Lowell and gonanno are the two I can think of off the top of my head - but aren't getting attention/being wagoned, and more - steph, sath, bvoigt, EGL, BotS - who are coasting. There was a fair bit of pressure on Furc, the town isn't going to let him slide - and we have several scum to be hunting for. Yesterday I was pretty lost given the size of the game and the number of wagons.
you are still open to lynching me on a later date, according to this post, is that true?
smargaret wrote:EBWOP: Furc, if you're so receptive to my lynch, why aren't you voting me?
I mentioned it in my post... did you not read it?
I said "I'm waiting to let smarg defend herself", or something similar.
your defense is an offense, and i am not satisfied. However, I will give you one more chance to explain your receptiveness to too many bandwagons... only scum should have that many reads.

You asked me who I found scummy, I believe, and I said 3 1/2... it might be 4-5, but you've listed like 8 names, if you include your willingness to lynch me, which I know is there.
ThAdmiral wrote:
Furcolow wrote:Have you been pming players from the game? I mean, that just opens the floodgates. However genuine that is could easily be faked. If you don't view that as null, I really don't know what to say, bro.
Well if you don't think he was genuinely just trying to do something nice in this mafia community, then I don't know what to say to you.
No. He was trying to create discussion with me, through the appearance of doing something nice. The fact he also PMed InflatablePie is just icing on the cake.

If I really thought he did it solely because he likes me, which I'm fairly certain he didn't, I wouldn't have brought it up, would have said thanks... simply... and then would have moved on. However, where I believe he had ulterior motives, I brought it up.
LynchMePls wrote:bvoigt you make me sad. And here I thought you were town. *sigh*
I share the same gut on that recently, and I shifted from feeling he was town, too.
Great minds...
Scott Brosius wrote:Everything with the PMs and Sathoris is null. Getting a town read makes no sense from it, but it's a weak reason to push anything on Sathoris either.
I'm not going to push on him for it, but he gave me a slight scum read.
For instance, before, if it had been you, me, and him in a 3 way lylo, I probably would have hammered you.
However, now, I would hammer him.
Does that make sense to you?
Artem wrote:Alright, I'm all caught up and don't really have much to say.

I've kinda lost the interest in the game. I think I figured out who the townies are and want to systematically lynch the others, starting with smarg. Unfortunately, I don't really have the attention span or the stamina to put together proper cases to convince others.

So, I think I'm just going to replace out. Thanks for the game, guys. Was entertaining for a while.

Sotty: Can I be replaced please?
Since this slot is replacing, why is he sharing a read?
If the game is "too easy" for him, why is he replacing out?

I've read a game of his as town, and he literally didn't quote once
I've read a game of his as scum, and he walled and quoted a lot, much like he did here

I am willing to lynch this slot before there is a replacement, because due to meta, he appears protown as scum and vice versa.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:15 am

Post by bvoigt »

Furc, could you link to those games please?
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:39 am

Post by Furcolow »

Furcolow wrote:
unvote;
vote: amrun

I just did a little researching, and I've found something I find suspicious. I am not going to just openly bandwagon - I'm going to lynch who I find to be scum.

Amrun is likely scum, even if his play appears pro-town and detailed. I have picked up on something he does as scum. I will have to see if he does this as town as well. I will be right back. researching!
Furcolow wrote:jeez, this is going to sound like a weird case.
ok, as scum, the first thing i noticed he does (in verona mafia) is ask really lilting toned questions, as seen here:
"So your sole reason for voting for me is you think other people are scum?"
How does that further discussion? I didn't even have to look off this page!!

FURTHERMORE, I saw a game of his as town... around 20 posts... he doesn't quote a single person. He just makes informative posts about his analysis as town, which he is not doing here, and he is also quoting people here. Coupld that with this: He quoted excessively as scum, and I feel there is a pretty good case on him.

On top of that, PoisonIvy considering the nationalities actually felt like a slip to me. I know a lot of people dismissed it, but it was a strike against the slot for me.
This is all I have, but I mistook Amrun for Artem

the case is about Artem, in actuality, but noone was receptive to his lynch as his meta seems sooooo protown

check out how protown he appears in verona mafia
this mirrors that
also, i will find the game where he didnt quote ONCE as town.. hold on
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:44 am

Post by Furcolow »

ehhh... i'm wrong. I must have made a mistake. His play is actually similar to his town play.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:51 am

Post by Amrun »

Ugh, so much misrep.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:20 am

Post by The Fonz »

First five pages of catch up. I'm finding this heavy going.

Poison Ivy proposing policy lynch of furc is not scummy. Undiplomatic- probtown. Don't actually agree, though- Furc does try to scumhunt as town, usually. If a player is trying to scumhunt or faking the same, I can at least try to read them. If I'm going to policy lynch anyone, it probably isn't him.

Also don't buy that thinking it's USTown vs Russcum is an indication of any kind of antitown American role. After all, American scum would presumably know that American scum existed...

None of the stuff XScorpion votes over is actually scummy.
Your blatant lack of knowledge about this set up is scummy
Yeah, lack of knowledge is such an informed minority tell...

EGL enters and random votes despite there being actual discussion. This shows a lack of scumhunting urgency.

Same problem with Stephoscope.

EGL then snaps to the scumhunting (again, I don't actually agree with it) which mitigates earlier concern.

OK, I guess I gotta stop commenting on anything I don't think is really major here, because otherwise I'll never catch up.

I'm not sure it's that hard for someone who has a Free World role PM to imagine that it is the Soviets who are the 'threat to peace.' This mistake is kinda unlikely from town, but I think it's more unlikely from scum as noted above.

Like Ghostwriter's better phrasing of the above point.

OK, so ThAd enters, answers Furcolow's RQS questions, and piggybacks someone else's reason to be on the biggest wagon. Oh yeah, not scum or anything. This is my early no1.

Smargaret also scummy for easy Furc vote. Bad reasons =/= scum.

Furc assuming scum can daytalk is... interesting. In Mafia in Mendo, I basically confirmed him as town because he assumed scum could daytalk (It's standard on the site he came from) even though it explicitly said in the rules that they couldn't. That he does the same again... eh, he's either scum or learnt absolutely nothing from experience. Problem is, he's Furc so the latter is perfectly possible.
Scumtell, not a scumslip, and it's based on my experience: the RQS that I've seen before were almost universally pitched by scum.
Hip Hop Mafia says hi (I was town, proposed it, scum attacked it). Though I think you might be right on the numbers. I can easily see Furc thinking it could help, though.
LlamaFluff wrote:
Actually this makes Fur amazingly likely to be town since scum would have known this, and probably pointed it out instead of saying "I just assumed scum have (full) daytalk"
*Sigh* LF was so obvtown. I'd probably have seen it like this, if I hadn't had the abovementioned experience with him.

Bvoight 108 - good point on gonnano. 'I've scumhunted badly in the past, so I'm not going to trust my reads' doesn't make any sense from a town POV.

I agree with Beasts' 110. Think Beasts' reasons for voting PI were much better than Artem's own.

Calling ThAd as opportunistic scum.

Pappums' rat's jump on furc is HORRIBLE.

Furc's openness about playing to survive feels like his town mindset. That said, I haven't actually ever seen his scumplay to compare.
@Furcolow: have you been scum yet? Can you link me please?
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:24 am

Post by Amrun »

Furc was mafia in New Designer's mafia - ongoing, but he flipped. Mod Llamafluff.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:38 am

Post by smargaret »

Furc: Ever hear the saying "The best defense is a good offense"?
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:44 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Shouldn't reference ongoing games Amrun.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:03 am

Post by Amrun »

Okay, but he's dead...? I was sure to mention that it was ongoing.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”