Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Pronoun: She

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:53 am

Post by Ythan »

Vordark wrote:The last two comments are both critical of Krazy. Something about the attention DY is giving Krazy rubs me the wrong way. I'll comment on it further as I move through his posts here.
The attention of two references instead of one?
Vordark
Vordark
Goon
Vordark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:55 am

Post by Vordark »

TheBigLebowski wrote:
Krazy wrote: Here I'll do it again in case you didn't see it the first time:

Unvote; Vote: TheBigLebowski

Contribute something.
werewolf555 wrote:The reason the post was ironic was that for the last 2 pages krazy was attacking Ythil, then accuses him of only attacking him. Therefore I thought it was ironic.

Please try to keep players straight. Ythil and Ythan are different players. Very different.
1. Is that all you have to say about my comments on irony.
2. Why are you only voting me and not a lurker like iamausername who has only posted twice. This makes it look like you are trying to distance yourself from Ythan
Krazy has one vote and there are several lurkers. Naturally someone has to get the "short straw". Your item #2 is attempting to characterize this mathematical certainty as scummy.

Can you give us your thoughts on some of the players here?
Vordark
Vordark
Goon
Vordark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:08 am

Post by Vordark »

Umbrage wrote:@ Vordark:

So, let me get this straight.

You think DarthYoshi is scum.

You keep your vote on me.

DarthYoshi votes Xtoxm.

You immediately make a post that quotes Xtoxm, and asks for more content from him.

I smell bussing buddies.

FoS: DarthYoshi and Vordark
You smell me doing several ISOs today (as I have already mentioned), posting as I complete them. I am not finished for today. Perhaps waiting until I
am
before attempting to analyze my posts would be a more productive use of your time?
Vordark
Vordark
Goon
Vordark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:11 am

Post by Vordark »

Ythan wrote:
Vordark wrote:The last two comments are both critical of Krazy. Something about the attention DY is giving Krazy rubs me the wrong way. I'll comment on it further as I move through his posts here.
The attention of two references instead of one?
My use of the present tense in the second sentence is to describe an ongoing action, as my third sentence above reinforces.
Vordark
Vordark
Goon
Vordark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:21 am

Post by Vordark »

Quaroath's ISO is limited due to early lurking, but he's asking many questions I like.
Quaroath wrote:@iamausername
Ythan wrote:Krazy and I are of like mind, that is the next question I was going to ask and one I would also like to hear the answer to.
Count me on this as well, what in particular about DarthYoshi's posting doesn’t seem town to you? I get a decently town vibe from him. You’ve posted 4 times and have clearly stated you think Darth doesn’t look town in his posts. Why?

On that note, RVS vote needs to come off.
unvote

Now to apply some plz answer pressure
vote: iamausername
@Quaroath: Can you highlight where your "decently town vibe from [DarthYoshi]" is coming from?
Vordark
Vordark
Goon
Vordark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:49 am

Post by Vordark »

That's my ISOs done for the day. I'll look at the Umbrage/Snake Eyes and Ythan/Krazy interchanges tomorrow.

Unvote
Vote: DarthYoshi

I would like to hear other people's thoughts on DarthYoshi, Quaroath and iamausername.

I also think the lurkers need to question their levels of involvement here. It looks like this will be one of those games that requires a lot of time and effort to read the thread and play properly. If you don't think you can contribute effectively, please ask to be replaced out now. Getting replaced on Day 2 or 3 because you flaked is much harder on everyone, and posting only to avoid modprods will make it easy for one or more scum to hide behind you.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:09 am

Post by Umbrage »

Vordark wrote:
Umbrage wrote:@ Vordark:

So, let me get this straight.

You think DarthYoshi is scum.

You keep your vote on me.

DarthYoshi votes Xtoxm.

You immediately make a post that quotes Xtoxm, and asks for more content from him.

I smell bussing buddies.

FoS: DarthYoshi and Vordark
You smell me doing several ISOs today (as I have already mentioned), posting as I complete them. I am not finished for today. Perhaps waiting until I
am
before attempting to analyze my posts would be a more productive use of your time?
Fuck. Of course. I need to learn to read. :mad:
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:41 am

Post by Krazy »

iamausername wrote:
DarthYoshi wrote:You’re clearly reading the thread, but are saying very little.
So is everyone else, they're just using more words to do so.

So basically you're going to take a snipe at the entire thread as an excuse for not saying anything?

"Well, not one person in this thread is actually saying anything, so really I'm just like everyone else I just waste less of my own time."

I got that right?
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:42 am

Post by Krazy »

EBWOP oh I'm sorry, not nothing, "very little."
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:37 am

Post by Krazy »

Apparently werewolf, which is TBL's brother, is being replaced in other games. I'm starting to think he's just straight MIA and not actually lurking.

So now I can test my theory!

unvote; vote CS
vote conspiracy
Abelcain
Abelcain
Goon
Abelcain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:52 pm

Post by Abelcain »

Quaroath wrote:
Abelcain wrote:
Quaroath wrote:prod avoidance, just finished a 44 hours work weekend fri-sun, will catch up/post when conscious in morning.
Quaroath's last two posts have been placed only to avoid getting prodded and have contained no content. I think he needs some encouragement.

Unvote

Vote: Quaroath

I stopped at #195 for this.

Fair. And deserved. The (what felt like) 5 page explosion while I was at work sunday made it a slog and I put it off.
It's fine. You got some material posted, so I'm happy.

Unvote

Ythan wrote:Except it does mean that. That's what it means.
I must be working with a different definition than you are, then, because I'm pretty sure a scumread is when you "read" an action someone's taken as a "scum" action. Hence scumread. If I'm wrong, then what is what I'm talking about called?

iamausername is bothering me with his inability to post more than a few sentences in each post. I understand he doesn't like it when there's long posts, but the game of Mafia as played on this site is pretty much centered on big posts.
Vordark wrote:
iamausername wrote:Just out of interest, Vordark, why are you voting Umbrage over Yoshi again? Do try to keep your answer as brief as you can, if you don't mind.
cuz
As such, I approve of this post.

Umbrage wrote:CS, at that point, had not shown why his question was from a pro-town perspective, whereas I had argued why it was from an anti-town perspective. So why would he hold that CS was town and I was scum at that point?
So? If I argued that you asking the mod to replace Krazy and Ythan was because you were afraid that they would be able to out you as scum, does that mean that everyone should automatically assume that you're scum until you post to refute it? By your logic, if anyone other than you was to refute that post, I'd be able to declare that they were defending you because you hadn't shown why asking to get them replaced was from a pro-town perspective.

Vordark wrote:I would like to hear other people's thoughts on DarthYoshi, Quaroath and iamausername.
I've already said that I don't think iamausername should be playing around here if he's not willing to read the long posts. I was a little annoyed at Quaroath but his last few posts have convinced me he's at least making an effort to get in the game; as long as he keeps posting regularly, I don't forsee any problems with him (unless he's scum, naturally). I've seen your case on Darth, and I do agree with some parts of it but I'd rather ISO him myself to see what I come across.

Actually, that last part doesn't sound that bad. Starting tomorrow I'll get to my own ISOs of everyone in this game so I can reassess what's going on.
"We're killing Abel, he is - by far - the town with the most brain cells rattling around in his noggin. It will be happytime awesome dance to have him dead and gone." -Thor665
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:17 pm

Post by Umbrage »

Abelcain wrote:So? If I argued that you asking the mod to replace Krazy and Ythan was because you were afraid that they would be able to out you as scum, does that mean that everyone should automatically assume that you're scum until you post to refute it? By your logic, if anyone other than you was to refute that post, I'd be able to declare that they were defending you because you hadn't shown why asking to get them replaced was from a pro-town perspective.
No, people are entitled to their own opinion. But if the reasons for that opinion are not obvious to everyone, they should state the reasons. Snake Eyes has avoided saying exactly why he considered ConSpiracy to be town, and why he considered me scummy. And he did consider me scummy at that point, that's not debatable. I don't care whether you call it a scumread, scumminess, scumdar, suspicion, FoS, or anything else, he found me scummy, and he found CS town. All I'm trying to figure out is WHY.
TheBigLebowski
TheBigLebowski
Goon
TheBigLebowski
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:50 pm

Post by TheBigLebowski »

I'm really sorry, but some
Major
stuff in my life has popped up.

/replace out
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:51 pm

Post by Umbrage »

UNVOTE: TheBigLebowski

Hope everything works out for you.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:54 pm

Post by implosion »

Searching for a replacement for TheBigLebowski.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Pronoun: She

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:30 pm

Post by Ythan »

Umbrage wrote:UNVOTE: TheBigLebowski

Hope everything works out for you.
Really?

Abel, we don't need to go into it if it's just a difference of definition.
Snake Eyes
Snake Eyes
Townie
Snake Eyes
Townie
Townie

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:48 pm

Post by Snake Eyes »

Just letting you guys know that I've been sick since yesterday and will do a complete reread in the next few days when I'm feeling better.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:12 pm

Post by iamausername »

Vordark wrote: I would like to hear other people's thoughts on DarthYoshi, Quaroath and iamausername.
Well, you already have my thoughts on Yoshi, and I'm sure you don't need my thoughts on myself, but I guess I'll take a look at Quaroath. But only cuz it's you asking. Image

I read his iso, I think he's doing pretty good now he's actually here. His latest post was definitely one of the more worthwhile ones in this game.
Abelcain wrote:I've already said that I don't think iamausername should be playing around here if he's not willing to read the long posts.
I don't believe I've ever given any indication that I was unwilling to
read
the long posts.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:18 pm

Post by Krazy »

iamausername wrote: I don't believe I've ever given any indication that I was unwilling to
read
the long posts.

It's a damn good thing we're all telepaths so that we know exactly what you're thinking about these long posts you so diligently read.
vote conspiracy
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:30 pm

Post by iamausername »

If I have something to say about them, I'll say it.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue duis dolore te feugait nulla facilisi. Nam liber tempor cum soluta nobis eleifend option congue nihil imperdiet doming id quod mazim placerat facer possim assum. Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem. Investigationes demonstraverunt lectores legere me lius quod ii legunt saepius. Claritas est etiam processus dynamicus, qui sequitur mutationem consuetudium lectorum. Mirum est notare quam littera gothica, quam nunc putamus parum claram, anteposuerit litterarum formas humanitatis per seacula quarta decima et quinta decima. Eodem modo typi, qui nunc nobis videntur parum clari, fiant sollemnes in futurum.

For example; by reading DarthYoshi's long posts, I have determined that he is scum. Why don't you tell us how you feel about that instead of getting angsty about the fact that I'm not posting hundreds of paragraphs to inform you of this simple fact?

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue duis dolore te feugait nulla facilisi. Nam liber tempor cum soluta nobis eleifend option congue nihil imperdiet doming id quod mazim placerat facer possim assum. Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem. Investigationes demonstraverunt lectores legere me lius quod ii legunt saepius. Claritas est etiam processus dynamicus, qui sequitur mutationem consuetudium lectorum. Mirum est notare quam littera gothica, quam nunc putamus parum claram, anteposuerit litterarum formas humanitatis per seacula quarta decima et quinta decima. Eodem modo typi, qui nunc nobis videntur parum clari, fiant sollemnes in futurum.

The content of a post is considerably more important than it's length.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:11 pm

Post by Krazy »

Instead of spamming paragraphs in Latin maybe you could make a case against him instead of begging and pleading with us to make your case for you.

Saying "hey guys this guy is scum because I say so" is not a contribution, sorry.
vote conspiracy
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:33 pm

Post by iamausername »

No, he's scum because he's not making sincere efforts to find scum, and because he's overly concerned about how he is appearing to everyone else. If you actually read, you may notice that I have already made this case (with assistance from Vordark, admittedly).

I'm not asking you to make a case, I'm just asking you what you think of DarthYoshi. Why are you so reluctant to talk about him?
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:51 pm

Post by Krazy »

iamausername wrote:
Vordark wrote:
DarthYoshi wrote: @Town as a whole--though I was uneasy with CS’s vote on Umbrage, he hasn’t done anything after that to really set off my scumdar, so my read on him is mostly neutral. My vote is better served elsewhere atm.

Unvote. Vote: Krazy.
Your play so far has been hellaciously anti-town, regardless of your alignment.
I think any vote outside of the RVS needs at least a few words of explanation as to why you are voting
for
someone, but I find it suspicious when someone makes a show of why they are taking it
off
of someone when they move it. It's worrying about appearances and that's something more likely to come from scum than town.
You're wise beyond your years, Vordark. I was more concerned about the fact that he is self-admittedly voting Krazy for reasons that have nothing to do with his alignment, but this may be an even better observation.

^This is you already having done so?
vote conspiracy
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:52 pm

Post by iamausername »

Yes.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:57 pm

Post by Krazy »

So when Yoshi says:
Vordark thinks I've spent too much time engaging Krazy, and that I have some unhelpful beliefs about mafia theory. I think that putting pressure on Krazy was the right move, and he is in fact now behaving in a much more townish manner. I don't think I was unduly calling attention to my votes; I think saying my read has changed on someone who I had my vote on is a fairly normal thing to do.

Your response is...?

Or are you hoping to
ignore
Yoshi's response into a lynch?

This I guess is your idea of active scumhunting?
vote conspiracy

Return to “Completed Open Games”