bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1525 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:59 am

Post by bvoigt »

LynchMePls wrote:I have so many problems with this town list. For one, how on EARTH does DP's claimed "wording of his role PM to clear ThAd" make him town? Even more bizarre is how does it make ThAd town!? XScorpion tunneling on Amrun doesn't look like something scum would do. I think my head just exploded. OF COURSE SCUM WOULD DO THAT IF THEY ARE PUSHING A MISLYNCH/CHAINSAWING FOR A BUDDY! WHY WOULDN'T SCUM TUNNEL AMRUN!?!?!?!? MAKES ABSOLUTELY 0 SENSE!
It would be highly risky for scum to clear someone else with the wording of their role PM, especially since we probably have multiple scumteams (and yeah, I know it was Day 1, but if they only had 3 or 4 people, that would be a clue that there was another team). And if DP is town, and he cleared ThAd, that makes ThAd town. Difficult to follow, isn't it? As for XScorpion, obviously scum can tunnel, but the way he's tunneling gives me a town feeling. I don't know how to explain it exactly.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1526 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:26 am

Post by LimMePls »

Why is there no scenario under which DP tries a gambit to clear ThAd (since he doesn't like the ThAd wagon) and thus DP is town and ThAd is scum. Or even DP tries said gambit because he thinks it'll make him look town, and thus DP is scum and ThAd is town?
bvoigt wrote:As for XScorpion, obviously scum can tunnel, but the way he's tunneling gives me a town feeling. I don't know how to explain it exactly.
So there is some mysterious method of tunneling that makes someone definitely not scum-tunneling. And you have no idea how to explain it, but you know it on sight? This is so ludicrous.

So hypothetically, supposing your theory that there is a special town-only-tunneling, what if XScorpion has also observed said "town-tunneling" method, and thus uses it as scum cause he thinks people will think he's town. Doesn't this mean that even if your incredibly unlikely and impossible to explain "town-only-tunneling" did exist, scum could then do it simply to try and appear town.

In other words, your suggestion is ABSURD.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1527 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:44 am

Post by bvoigt »

LynchMePls wrote:Why is there no scenario under which DP tries a gambit to clear ThAd (since he doesn't like the ThAd wagon) and thus DP is town and ThAd is scum. Or even DP tries said gambit because he thinks it'll make him look town, and thus DP is scum and ThAd is town?
Occam's Razor is my friend.
LynchMePls wrote:
bvoigt wrote:As for XScorpion, obviously scum can tunnel, but the way he's tunneling gives me a town feeling. I don't know how to explain it exactly.
So there is some mysterious method of tunneling that makes someone definitely not scum-tunneling. And you have no idea how to explain it, but you know it on sight? This is so ludicrous.
It does give me a gut town feeling, yes.
LynchMePls wrote:So hypothetically, supposing your theory that there is a special town-only-tunneling, what if XScorpion has also observed said "town-tunneling" method, and thus uses it as scum cause he thinks people will think he's town. Doesn't this mean that even if your incredibly unlikely and impossible to explain "town-only-tunneling" did exist, scum could then do it simply to try and appear town.
If it's impossible to explain, then it's ABSURD to suggest that XScorpion would be able to imitate this town-tunneling thing that no one's ever heard of.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1528 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:54 am

Post by Sotty7 »

VP Baltar
replaces Artem, welcome him!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1529 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:56 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Yo peeps. I'm here to run this shizzz...but as a warning I'm kind of swamped with stuff atm. It's going to take me awhile to read up on the game. Does anyone want to give me some highlights up until this point that I can use as guideposts?

What's the current game state? Any confirmed townies I should know about? Any confirmed scum I should know about?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1530 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:11 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

I'm posting in this thread to confuse you people.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1531 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:11 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Debonair Danny DiPietro
replaces Pie and we're full again.

Much love to the replacements. Vote count coming up.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1532 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:17 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Day 2, vote count 12

DavidParker - 6 -
LynchMePls, Debonair Danny DiPietro, Lowell, EGL, Beasts of the Sea, Nachomamma8
Furcolow - 4 -
Scott Brosius, XScorpion, Stephoscope, Sathoris
gonnano - 1 -
Amrun
Amrun -2 -
gonnano, Furcolow
smargaret - 2 -
VP Baltar, ThAdmiral
Stephoscope - 1 -
smargaret
Nachomamma8 - 1 -
bvoigt

Not voting - 3 -
The Fonz, Feysal, DavidParker

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.

Deadline for the end of day two is Tuesday 23rd March @11am CST
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1533 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:07 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Unvote
in the meantime.
YOUR AD HERE

Beasts of the Sea
Beasts of the Sea
Townie
Beasts of the Sea
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1534 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:21 am

Post by Beasts of the Sea »

smargaret wrote:Stephoscope is making me really nervous, here. Day 1 was all active lurking and fluff posting; Day 2 has been all rolefishing. Read his ISO - he only has six posts that aren't one-liners, and most of those are two-liners. If he's scum, he's dangerous scum.
How is a fluff poster role fishing person "dangerous"? She's not doing herself any favors on scoring town points and drawing at least a little heat...
EGL wrote:Also some of Furc's play has been consistent with a doctor.
How so?
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1535 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:33 am

Post by Furcolow »

Let's not doctorfish any more than has been done. I'm keeping my mouth shut, not that the game has a few more notable players to lively it up. Do I have multiple nightlives? Am I just a townie? Am I doctor?
You all will have to find out through lynching me, or letting scum kill me. I'm writing this portion after I've written the bottom, and I would like to add there is the possibility of a vig, now that I'm considering it. Nacho4vig? ;)
VP Baltar wrote:Yo peeps. I'm here to run this shizzz...but as a warning I'm kind of swamped with stuff atm. It's going to take me awhile to read up on the game. Does anyone want to give me some highlights up until this point that I can use as guideposts?

What's the current game state? Any confirmed townies I should know about? Any confirmed scum I should know about?
Well, towntell wise, people are really flip floppy on whether or not I'm town.

I'm REALLY glad to see you and DDD, considering the amount of flack I have been receiving. Even if you all decide on me, I know that my win condition will be achieved.

Scum are really just reads. Smarg has been bandwagonning each and every person she can, yet not really defending anyone.

Hell, I've even defended what a lot would consider an obvious policy lynch in David Parker. My claims have been all over the place, but I'm not going to say what my role really is. I am, however, not retracting my nameclaim.

I guarantee scum got fakeclaims, so nameclaiming doesn't really do any good. Soviet/American/Nationalities are definitely the way to go.

I saw 2 kills iirc, so I am leaning towards SK, though it could easily be multi-faction in a communist-takeover vs capitalist-takeover
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1536 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:38 am

Post by VP Baltar »

What's your case on Amrun, Furc?
YOUR AD HERE

Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1537 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:46 am

Post by Furcolow »

Gut + Silencer claim being something I haven't ever seen as town. I actually missed it yesterday.. I don't know how...

Also, considering the replaced had a huge wagon on them d1 that got stuck
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1538 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:47 am

Post by Furcolow »

How about yourself? Any notable reads?
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1539 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:59 am

Post by Furcolow »

*cue jeopardy theme*
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1540 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:07 am

Post by Amrun »

Why is the gonnano wagon going nowhere?!

Why?! Why?!

He's so scummy it's making my eyes bleed.

And Furc is at it again.

It's almost so scummy it can't really be scum.

But then again, it's Furc.

Will vote for this wagon at deadline to achieve a lynch, though I'd rather see what happens to Furc at night.

Would also vote for smargaret, who has misrepped and done several other scummy things.

Still sticking with my lonely vote on gonnano for now.

Welcome to replacements.

People need to stop replacing out for dumb-ass reasons.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1541 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:26 am

Post by smargaret »

BotS: The fluffposting doesn't make a difference to how potentially dangerous the rolefishing is; inactivity in thread and in a scum qt don't necessarily go hand in hand. Scum have to do more than stay alive, and given how few people are willing to consider my post, the amount of heat she's drawing for it is negligible.

I don't really have an outright "defense" for the case against me (my understanding is that it's wagonhopping and coasting?) because I have been doing that. I probably shouldn't play in large games for a while, because I'm having a hard time getting reads on people, which leads to being found scummy, and as a townie, that's not a good thing. I'll do my best to pick it up.
EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1542 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:39 am

Post by EGL »

Checking in. Going out to dinner tonight for my oldest brother's birthday and then I'll do some catchup after that.
EXTERMINAAATE~!
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1543 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:00 am

Post by bvoigt »

OK, this part of the case on gonnano doesn't actually deal with his lousy case on Amrun...just with various other things he's said. None of them are major tells, but they add up to a definite scumread.
gonnano wrote:UNVOTE:

I'm having second thoughts about the PI wagon -- it's taken off a little too quickly for my tastes. I still think PI seems scummy, but in the past my scum reads have been pretty terrible, so I'm going to play this one by the numbers.
I don't see the townie reason for doubting your reads just because they've been poor in the past. I can definitely see why scum would want to hop off a wagon, though (just look at the last quote).
gonnano wrote:I don't particularly object to a ThAdmiral wagon right now, but I'd like to see what exactly people are finding so scummy about him before I buy in. What vague posts or hints at inside information has he made?
This is basically saying, "Give me a reason to hop on a ThAd wagon!" (Just to be clear, he never actually said that, but it's my interpretation.)
gonnano wrote:I don't mind people being suspicious of me, but I'd like to see some actual points that I can respond to. Soo... If you've been calling for a gonnano wagon/investigation, some reasons would be cool.
This is from ISO #6, which was posted on page 10. If I'm not mistaken, no one was even voting him at the time. The only reason to ask for a case against you here is if your main focus is to stay alive.
gonnano wrote:This is everything I could find that you've said about me, Llama. Is there any particular
reason
that you think I should die? Like you know I'm town and killing me will help you win, or something?
Besides being another example of over-defensiveness, something feels very forced about this quote.
gonnano wrote:There certainly is a lot of vocal support for lynching me, and there has been for a while. Now, why on earth would all those people be reluctant to have their names included in a vote count analysis later on?
This also feels very forced.
gonnano wrote:Could I see a general overview of the points against me, along with why a scum motivation for each is more likely than the reasoning that I have given for my actions? If there's something that I haven't explained I'd be happy to do so.
Again, there was no reason to ask for the points against him. Only 2 people were voting gonnano at this point. It really seems like his focus was on staying alive rather than scumhunting.

UNVOTE: Nachomomma8
VOTE: gonnano

tl;dr: gonnano is scum, even when you don't look at his case on Amrun.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1544 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:14 am

Post by Amrun »

Ugh, smarg, really?

Distancing yourself from your own play and your own reads?

Scum.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1545 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:19 am

Post by smargaret »

Not distancing from, apologizing for and recognizing how to prevent it in the future. There's a difference.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1546 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:25 am

Post by Amrun »

Our interpretations differ.

Sincerity questionable.

You do not merit my vote today, but IGMEOY.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1547 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:33 am

Post by gonnano »

Well, I guess I was too late to remind everyone that the PI/Amrun slot is still scummy.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: smarg

Because smarg is the only person that seems scummy to me who also has a reasonable chance of being lynched today.
Some men are born mediocre, some achieve mediocrity, and some have mediocrity thrust upon them.
- Joseph Heller
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1548 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:35 am

Post by bvoigt »

Too late?
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1549 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:36 am

Post by Amrun »

Too late, the hell?

It's not deadline... And you started saying it right at the beginning of the day.

You're not convincing anyone because your case is terrible.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”