Mini 1140 - Mafia Mishmash...Game Over!!

Surprise_Carcinogen
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:30 am

Post by Surprise_Carcinogen »

So, your questions don't help then. The 1st one I've already admitted is slightly useful. The rest cannot conceivably be used in a case. Scum and town can BOTH be flaky or confident. And just because someone used those methods(Tunnel, Lurk, OMGUS, AtE) doesn't mean they're going to again. And, it doesn't mean that if they do or don't, they're the same alignment as they were last time. And your explanation for a slow reply to the 'why' of your questions, combined with the fact that you intend me to believe that those questions are useful are starting to skew my hand down the slider past 'anti-town'

and, c) So, in two years of playing you're not used to open, unknown setup? I've honestly in a little better then half a year of playing, never have played a 'known setup' game, with the exception of the really gimmiky ones(Choose Your Own Role Mafia for example).
"But he will not be drinking delicious juice, oh no. He will be choking down a world of hot piss and it will serve him right for liking all those dumbass movies unironically." - Dave Strider
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:38 am

Post by Regfan »

Again, never have I said any of the points would be used in a case, just to help me gather a feel of the players and to attain some basic gut reads. The idea of 'Just because seomeone used those methods doesn't mean they will do it again' really shows how little attention you paid to my posts because I explicitly said that although it doesn't mean they're going to play that way this game it gives us some basis to work from. Again, what's the point of asking questions for reactions if you're going to explain what reactions you're looking for? In regards to C, this is my second open setup, I normally stick to closed setups.

So lets just get this right:

- I dislike RVS, you say refraining from using RVS is a scumtell.
- I bring up questions, you attempt to discredit the questions before an explanation was given towards them and before they had a chance to work at all, you state those questions are a scumtell.
- Someone points out that disliking and refraining from using the RVS is a null-tell, you instantly turn the previous scum-tell on me towards 'anti-town' behavior even though you understand the RVS vs RQS debate.
- I explain the reasoning behind the questions, you state that you don't think Meta-exists or is relevant thus the questions are still a scum-tell

Have I got that right? Because from what I'm reading you're attempting to change your reasoning behind the vote whenever it suits it, you seem to have your tunnel goggles on.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:51 am

Post by vollkan »

Surprise_Carcinogen wrote:Once again,
1. Then that person and myself will disagree. See pt.3
2. I mean that you need to look at refusing to RV as a section of time a person was refusing to play. For example: You are not RVing, but you're still investigating. IE: not lurking. The first guy who said he wasn't going to RV hasn't said anything else since, but it's still early. If he continues to say nothing for a few more days, it becomes lurking.
3. Under the misconception that it was a universally accepted fact that RVS is beneficial to town, I made the decision that refusing to do so is a scum-tell. Your argument has swayed my understanding. I consider refusing to do it to be anti-town, as it is still my opinion that you can get good information from RV(see pt.1), as it has been my experience that SOMETHING good comes of RVS. It is a slightly moot point at this stage though, as I think we've skipped entirely through RVS phase.
1. NO. It's not a mere disagreement. Your entire argument for it being a scumtell depends upon a person not having any good reason for refusing to RVS. If they think RVS is useless, then regardless of whether or not you agree with them their action isn't scummy.
2. What you're saying here is a response to something..but not to my second point. Again, in case you just didn't understand me, my second point has been focussed on your suggestion that refusing to RVS might be relevant "down the track". My problem is that either a person's refusal is scummy or not - how it looks later on is irrelevant.
3. So, you don't think it is a scumtell any more?
tclawren wrote: Why did you not want people to answer this?
As my second sentence ("@SC: if you want to claim miller, claim miller") indicated, I thought there was at least a possibility that SC was contemplating a miller claim, genuine or otherwise. Given that, I didn't want people to be giving an opinion about it. The opportunity cost of people not answering what appears to have been a random hypothetical is tiny compared to the risks involved in giving somebody guidance about how to claim.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:20 am

Post by Maxous »

SC's(Surprise Carcinogeon) case against Regfan seems to be more about determining wheter or not he is anti-town rather than if he is mafia.
Surprise_Carcinogen wrote: 3. Under the misconception that it was a universally accepted fact that RVS is beneficial to town, I made the decision that refusing to do so is a scum-tell. Your argument has swayed my understanding. I consider refusing to do it to be anti-town, as it is still my opinion that you can get good information from RV(see pt.1), as it has been my experience that SOMETHING good comes of RVS. It is a slightly moot point at this stage though, as I think we've skipped entirely through RVS phase.
This looks like waffling to cover his tracks after being caught on the RVS scumtell point by Volkan. Then tried to pass it off as 'slightly moot' to brush it under the carpet.
curiouskarmadog wrote: that being said, vollkan is a MUCH better player...and I never can call it when he is scum..ever....and by the time I do figure it out, he has got the town wrapped around his finger so tightly (for whatever reason)..that he is almost unlynchable.
Lawl this is the definition of a WIFOM post :P

Pappums rat suspects tclawren becuase he did'nt participate in RVS. He was asked why do you think this scummy? His reponse is:
pappums rat wrote: bold 2: general not joining in with the rest of the group. it doesnt make someone scum imo obviously, it just seems off.
So it's not scummy then, he just suspected him for the sake of it. Right after that:
pappums rat wrote:
Regfan wrote: I didn't join the RVS either, how come you have a HoS on him for that but not on me?
thanks for pointing that out for me.
hos regfan
Another suspicion just for the sake of suspecting somebody.

It seems like he does'nt actually suspect anybody he's just pretending to do so because they stood out a little by following the crowd with the RVS - by the way from my experience following the crowd is what the mafia tend to do not the town.
He would be top of my list thus far.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
yura-chi
yura-chi
Townie
yura-chi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:12 am

Post by yura-chi »

Regfan wrote:

1. Pacific time
2. This is my first game
3. Since this is my first I'm ok either way but based on how my sis plays I like being a townie
4. I will post if I can if I have skool I can only post aftr 3pm
5. Since I'm a newb i'd like 2 follow ppl since I'm scared of making mistakes n I dunt want ppl 2 hate me
yura-chi
yura-chi
Townie
yura-chi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:22 am

Post by yura-chi »

Ahhhhh since no one is choosing volkan for their vote Ima choose him n n ders miles edgeworth Acting funny

VOTE: VOLLKAN
subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:28 am

Post by subgenius »

Votes don't count if they aren't
IN BIG BOLD LETTERS!
Truant
Truant
Goon
Truant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:48 am

Post by Truant »

tclawren wrote:
Truant
: Otherwise, vote for sub or possibly pappum's as a third option.
Explain this. I
hate
when people accuse people without explaining themselves. Even if it something stupid explain yourself.

My opinion about the Miller question is that is somewhat more helpful than the regfan questions for reasons similar to what Carciogen put down. It is obviously about the game going on right now. Regfan's were... obliquely related at best.
Vollkan
: @ EVERYBODY: DO NOT answer the above question!

Why did you not want people to answer this?
subgenius is off to me mostly because of this post where the conclusion doesn't seem to follow with what he's saying. "It's not scummy, but it can be scummy" looks to me that he's trying to "defend" tclaw; but wants to leave the possibility open to attack him later just in case.

pappum is a decent 3rd option because he really hasn't said anything. Putting time and effort into following a joke, while throwing down a vote with weak reasoning (and not applying it across the board when it should be very easy to spot with like 40 posts total in the game) is a weak indicator of not wanting to be too out there (hesitant scum)
RAWR!
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:55 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

so much discussion, that really boils down to theory....got to look for the meat in the chowder.
yura-chi wrote:Ahhhhh since no one is choosing volkan for their vote Ima choose him n n ders miles edgeworth Acting funny

VOTE: VOLLKAN
prediction alert: this player will be replaced out before the game is over....also bad vote.

...in other news.

vote pappums rat

I got a feeling..call it page 3 gut...no case attached to this vote at this time....but my day 1 dar is usually on*

*being defined at right 59% of the time.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:56 am

Post by subgenius »

Folks I'm finding scummy atm:

1)pappums rat for following my bgg1996 vote instead of following his own suspicions.
2)Anyone who hasn't posted yet. Granted, it's the weekend and people might have things to do, but lurking isn't cool. At least check in.
Magnetic
Magnetic
Townie
Magnetic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:05 am

Post by Magnetic »

Andrew hasnt posted yet.
Japan...What can we do to help them?
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:07 am

Post by Maxous »

@Subgenius: You are suspicious of anyone that has'nt posted yet? It has been around a day and as you said they could easily be doing anything.

That comes across as a filler comment.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Magnetic
Magnetic
Townie
Magnetic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:08 am

Post by Magnetic »

I didn't know that this game has even started until I searched the game up.
@mod - Can you PM andrew et al so that as to remind them the game has started?
subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:22 am

Post by subgenius »

Maxous wrote:@Subgenius: You are suspicious of anyone that has'nt posted yet? It has been around a day and as you said they could easily be doing anything.

That comes across as a filler comment.
Scummy was probably a stronger word than I should have used. Suffice it to say, I would like to hear from those who haven't posted yet.
yura-chi
yura-chi
Townie
yura-chi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:26 am

Post by yura-chi »

waaaa im sry!!! my ipod doesnt respond to me well....thxs for the tips n wat nots!! also yea ik i suk at this..... :S
Vote: Unvote
Magnetic
Magnetic
Townie
Magnetic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:42 am

Post by Magnetic »

I don't get u Yura. Whats going on?
yura-chi
yura-chi
Townie
yura-chi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:46 am

Post by yura-chi »

nothing's going on i just unvoted my mistake....
Magnetic
Magnetic
Townie
Magnetic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:47 am

Post by Magnetic »

I still don't get you.
yura-chi
yura-chi
Townie
yura-chi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:52 am

Post by yura-chi »

im cool that way...
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:03 am

Post by andrew94 »

hmm i just woke up.
anyways, firstly
vote magnetic
that guy claimed mafia roleblocker etc. Pl etc.
1. What's your time-zone nz
2. Have you played with anyone in here before, if so what was their play-style like? (Remember you can't mention ongoing games) yes magnetic(crap), ckd?
3. Do you prefer being town or mafia generally? mafia
4. How often are you likely to post? when im on/ no homework
5. Do you generally like leading or following? leading if im sure/gut

about the guy who had a table of 0-100 score, i find that more than useless to the other players as it creates wifom etc.

several things about me: i hate walls. the best i can do is to skim them. so try make your posts into two or more posts.
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:04 am

Post by andrew94 »

i have to go a tourney now, but i would like to note that yuri speaks like a man...
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:14 am

Post by tclawren »

Honestly the scummiest looking person is Yura. Voting for Volkan for no reason, changing her mind after some derision from the town, the fact that her posts make literally no sense whatsoever. It's obvious she's bad at the game, but it's hard to tell if she's actually scum.

I'm thinking about voting for pappums (for mostly the same reasons posted above, especially for the fact that he didn't HoS Regfan at first when it was obvious to anyone actually reading that he didn't RV, but I would like to hear from a little bit more from him first.

I would also like to urge Magnetic to post some meaningful stuff. So for all you've done is post a whole bunch of filler, it looks really suspicious.
Looking for a hydra partner. Must be someone I respect as a player and a person. PM me if you're interested.
yura-chi
yura-chi
Townie
yura-chi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:27 am

Post by yura-chi »

I JUST WASNT SURE ABOUT MY VOTE N SOMEONE SAID 2 ME I SHUD NOT TALK ABOUT USELESS STUFF SO I DID N MADE IT SHORT... N I VOTED FOR VOLLKAN CUZ MY GUT TELLS ME SO! N FYI IM A GURL!!!!
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by pappums rat »

this game has been bringing teh lulz so far. subgenious... it was an rvs vote obviously. everyone else: the hos on token wasnt LIEK OMGZ HE R TEH SCUMZORZ, it wasnt even really all that serious, i wanted to see how he would react with me calling him out for not rvs'ing. my belated hos on regfan was an obvious joke. jesus christ people, let me enjoy rvs a little. also, yura-chi makes me want to blow my brains out.

unvote
vote yura-chi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
yura-chi
yura-chi
Townie
yura-chi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:15 pm

Post by yura-chi »

ehhh!?!? im dat big of a threat???