DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2375 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:03 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Oh Hito: The only other way that a bus driver could be scum and would want to frame me is that if one of your priesthood has access to the tracker's target "induces paranoia!!! that there is a bad bad fruit there"

But I doubt it for some reason.
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2376 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:04 pm

Post by Lost Butterfly »

Tracker gets the players name if re-directed usually, don't they, why would it say your name, that's misleading information.
Mafiascum Fantasy Camp 2 - Day 7 ongoing
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2377 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:06 pm

Post by DTMaster »

They don't have to get the name. You could format the PM to be like: You see your target target XX. Otherwise Cops would get their names in their results/etc.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2378 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:08 pm

Post by DTMaster »

BTW: I'm not at L-1/L-2 you can keep that vote of yours on me. Most of the people are waiting for DGB to come in with the infos. I'm waiting for LLD/Courvis/Equinox to look more into the QT discrepancy because that's just so weird.

Make your Vote Mine <3
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #2379 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Right, here's my problem.

Apparently we've got a town bus driver with a clear on DTM and a guilty on scum...not claiming.

I didn't think it needed to be said, but: if you are this bus driver, CLAIM IT NOW CLAIM IT NOW CLAIM IT FUCKING NOW.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2380 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:12 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Its one of Farside/Courvis

Benmage - DTM = VTs
Equinox - LB = Jumped on my wagon rapidly
2 of Andruis/Hito/Nopoint = Vig and Tracker. The last one is confirm not to be it via QT for obv reasons.
Gods = known roles.

I could almost say that Farside is not the Busdriver because she asked me how did a BD would clear me. Thus it's Courvis. If Courvis is the Busdriver, then scum is on Farside.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2381 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:14 pm

Post by DTMaster »

For some reason I highly doubt that scum would fake a track result on me. I really doubt it unless there is some craziness there. Hence why if you do lynch me for blood I wouldn't go and kill the Tracker as if I counter claimed such infos.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #2382 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:23 pm

Post by Equinox »

Fishythefish asked me in the QuickTopic to tell him the problem I was having, since he believed it was all a misunderstanding. The post comes off as wanting to placate...

Sigh. Having serious trouble parsing all this discussion about bus driving, tracking, and night actions and blargh. I feel kinda dumb right now. :< Gonna go look at all of this step by step and see if it makes any more sense.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2383 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:27 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Quotes are a man's best weapon against confusion!
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2384 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:29 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Also I would prefer if you post in thread. At the very least more eyes can spot errors in judgment if FF is right.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2385 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:33 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Also if that post was recent, he certainly is avoiding me (unless it was made around the time he posted his statement). Then nulllllliiiifffed argument
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #2386 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

DTMaster wrote:Quotes are a man's best weapon against confusion!
I'm pretty sure Equi is on the ball enough, but in case she's forgotten, I'll remind you guys that quoting QT's is badtimes that can lead to modkillinz. Paraphrase.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2387 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:39 pm

Post by Equinox »

DTMaster wrote:Quotes are a man's best weapon against confusion!
Unfortunately, I can't quote from the QuickTopic.

I've asked Fishythefish to continue the discussion in the thread. So far he hasn't responded to what I posted (which was a summary of what's already been said here).

Preview edit: ohai.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2388 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:04 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Thread quotes with QT paraphrase!
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2389 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:54 pm

Post by nopointinactingup »

Before I move on to my conclusion, I would like DTM to answer the following questions:
1> Why did you gambitted claim Hider? How did you imagine it would help town at the time that you claimed?
2> What makes you think Scum would assume you will hide at the person you said in-thread that you will hide with?
3> For what purpose did you admit to not being hider?
Justice will prevail
\m/
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2390 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:15 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

Here is what happened.

23rd Feb, I made this post. At this point, I intended to ask my priests to claim in QTs. Other than farside, who clearly wasn't going to.

Shortly after, I posted in Equi, Mina and Feysal QTs asking them to claim, among other things. I also posted in Corv's QT. Much to my surprise, this post doesn't ask him to claim. I can only assume I forgot; I certainly intended to ask Corvuus to claim. Which he did, spontaneously (or rather, prompted by my in-thread post), a few hours later. When I said I has asked him to claim, that was a memory fail - I think you can see how that would happen from this sequence. I intended to do X, and saw the outcome of X, so I assumed I'd done X.

I don't know why Corv didn't correct me when I said I asked everyone but farside. You'll have to ask him.

I really don't have time to read properly right now. I'll comment on other things asap.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2391 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:19 am

Post by Equinox »

Ugh. I spent half an hour working out why DTMaster believed in a town bus driver, and then I spent the next hour thinking out all the possibilities in which such a scenario made sense. I must be overthinking all of this, since now my brain refuses to work and I've pretty much hit a stone wall. Overall, I'm probably better off joining the wait-and-see camp and watch how all of this plays out. I have a couple of things in mind for this, so... :popcorn:

In the meantime, I'll address Fishythefish's explanation. At the risk of incurring zoraster's wrath, I will say that Fishythefish posted in my QuickTopic within half an hour of making his post in this thread. In the post where he asked me to claim the first time, Fishythefish also addressed a wall from me point-by-point, so there's nothing wrong with the time interval (except for mild surprise that he'd finish in that short amount of time, but it's entirely plausible). Therefore, I really do think he posted in Equinox's, Mina's, Feysal's, and Corvuus's QuickTopics, in that order.

What I am having trouble believing is that Fishythefish forgot to ask Corvuus. He went through the trouble of requesting claims in the game thread and then requesting in 3 different QuickTopics; the issue of claims appears to have been important to Fishythefish, so much so that he made it 4 times total before ever approaching Corvuus. In fact, Fishythefish had asked me first thing before addressing my post if I would consider claiming to him. I'll let Faraday and Mina work out the rest from their QuickTopic.

Memory fail, really?

Right, then, back to waiting.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2392 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:24 am

Post by Equinox »

Nobody Special, why are you voting Corvuus? Your top suspect yesterday was farside22.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2393 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:01 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Equinox wrote:...Therefore, I really do think he posted in Equinox's, Mina's, Feysal's, and Corvuus's QuickTopics, in that order.

What I am having trouble believing is that Fishythefish forgot to ask Corvuus. He went through the trouble of requesting claims in the game thread and then requesting in 3 different QuickTopics; the issue of claims appears to have been important to Fishythefish, so much so that he made it 4 times total before ever approaching Corvuus. In fact, Fishythefish had asked me first thing before addressing my post if I would consider claiming to him. I'll let Faraday and Mina work out the rest from their QuickTopic.

Memory fail, really?
Actually, that list wasn't meant to be indicative of order. I’ll check order some time if it matters.

I have no idea why I forgot to ask Corvuus. I agree that the issue of claims was important to me, and it’s surprising I forgot. What is your alternative reason that I wouldn't ask him?

I think as failures of memory go, it’s a pretty understandable one. I made a post in which I intended to ask Corvuus to claim. Corvuus claimed. I assumed I’d asked him.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2394 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:10 am

Post by Equinox »

Fishythefish wrote:Actually, that list wasn't meant to be indicative of order. I’ll check order some time if it matters.
Oh. Welp. Scratch that, then.

The alternative reason I'm running with right now should be pretty obvious. :|

I just find the gap to be so easily made by two people who forget to keep their story straight. (Oh, the irony.) As I said in the QuickTopic, towns have lynched correctly on smaller gaps than this. Then you come in and say, "But this is a reasonable explanation."
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2395 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:37 am

Post by Benmage »

DTMs latest benmage slip :lol:
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2396 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:21 am

Post by farside22 »

DTM: I'm not a bus driver. I'm not scum either.

I almost think if there is a driver, the driver may be scum.
Don't get me wrong here but my theory on this is if scum have a bus driver they may have switch DTM with (insert scum member here). It would lead me to believe again that Benmage is scum, but that would mean also that there is another scum member which 4 man scum team + traitor + scum God seem over the top in an 18 player game. Unless the mod allows scum to target them self?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2397 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:37 am

Post by Benmage »

Wait, there's only 1 scum and obviously the scum God left?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2398 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:41 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In fact,
we have no track result on DTM.

However, the reason I broadcasted this false information is to gather more.

DTM claims Hider at a time when it was totally not necessary and uncalled for, a move that serves to explain why a star player wouldn't be NK'd. Also, a move that is un-Hider like. A hider would hope that a NK would be avoided when he's targeted, and would breadcrumb his own target. I suspect the idea of claiming Hider is to allay suspicions that come from DTM's continued survival in the game.

The following night, Tajo dies instead of the obv vig hito. This makes it look like the scum is after DTM, when the scum should in fact seriously doubt that DTM is hiding with his announced target. Not to mention that Tajo was vig-bait and lynch-bait. However, if DTM is scum, his scum team pretty much HAS to kill Tajo, despite Tajo normally being very low on the scale of NK-worthy players. Not to mention that the hider is a more worthy target than a vig with a solid aim? No.

Soon after we hint at testing DTM's claim via vig shot, DTM admits his Hider claim was a lie. Had we not said that we want to test his claim,
how long would he have continued to "clear" people falsely
? How long would this have gone on for?

When I announce that DTM has been tracked tajo, he self-votes. Wait a minute?!?! How could DTMGambitMaster not see another player's gambit coming? Especially a DrippingGoofball gambit? If DTM actually targeted Tajo... DTM would not think it's a gambit.

DTM's dying list consists of a few townies... and little scum, if at all. I'm too lazy to re-check, but it lacks the hysteria I normally associate with the wrongfully accused when feeling the chaffing of rope on their sensitive neck skin.

Further, DTM assumes the bus driver is town... is that a slip that he knows there is no bus driver on the scum team?

Also, NS has all but vanished.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2399 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:46 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Equinox wrote:Nobody Special, why are you voting Corvuus? Your top suspect yesterday was farside22.

It's rooted in the whole TMH thing from the first Day.

UNVOTE:

I'd much rather do this:

VOTE: DTMaster

All this 'Bus Driver this' and 'Bus Driver that' talk is just ... I don't know. He needs to die.

And, DGB, a day and a half is hardly "vanishiing."
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”