Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:38 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Why in the blue heavens are you still talking about a stupid noob that striked on page 3?

FOS Bunnylover
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:49 pm

Post by Friend »

I find Bunnylover's case on Kublai Khan just flat-out bizarre. Bunnylover's up there on my scumlist, and like Plum said about Exe, in a game with this many scum there's a good chance it's an accurate read.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:53 pm

Post by Friend »

Exe wrote: Hrezs is posting nothing more than the most basic levels of analysis. Classic scum-strat there. I pretty much agree with what has been said.
Vote: Hrezs
Not to defend Hrezs, but I find this quote hilariously hypocritical.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:54 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Friend wrote:I find Bunnylover's case on Kublai Khan just flat-out bizarre. Bunnylover's up there on my scumlist, and like Plum said about Exe, in a game with this many scum there's a good chance it's an accurate read.
Do you like the case the other way around?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:35 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Reads so far...

TOWN

DGB
Friend
Kise
Exe
Magua
LLD

MEH

Toog
KK
bunny

SHADY

AGar
MagnaofI
Wraith

SCUM AS ALWAYS

CKD

SCUM

Hrezs
Untrod Tripod

NO COMMENT

ABR
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:37 pm

Post by Friend »

Again, this isn't a vote of support for KK's townieness, but I think that the points he brings against Bunnylover are valid - complete misrepping, among other things.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:47 pm

Post by Friend »

DGB, may I ask why the town read on Exe?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:52 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Friend, do you realize that this is a multi-scum faction game?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:58 pm

Post by Friend »

Yeah. I'm fairly meh on KK. I think BL is scum most likely.
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:04 pm

Post by Exe »

The primary difference between my play and Hresz is that Hresz actually looks like he's trying to appear pro-town.
I however, don't really care how I appear.

Oh and, the accusations of me waiting until the Hresz wagon was popular are pretty much crap. My first post after Hresz started posting called him out on it. It's not my fault that other people had already posted by that time.
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

Do not expect me to play to a meta.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Friend »

Exe, how about the accusation of you going after Hrezs for posting "basic analysis" when your posts at the time consisted of fluff and rule questions?
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:55 pm

Post by Exe »

Friend wrote:Exe, how about the accusation of you going after Hrezs for posting "basic analysis" when your posts at the time consisted of fluff and rule questions?
You mean my legitimate question to the mod and the RVS ThAd wagon? I don't see how that's relevant to my read on Hresz.
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:01 pm

Post by Friend »

What had you done at the time that Hresz hadn't? Why are you free from the accusation you placed on Hresz?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:54 pm

Baby spice, post please, don't care about Hydra
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:24 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

Seems it will be me and not a hydra. (That's 0 for 2 for hydra attempts for me)

I hate seeing individual members of a hydra posting, and didn't want to do it. It makes it hard to find all the posts by a spot for starters.

I don't mind Toog's strike. It certainly got things moving. (One of his reasons iirc)
Hrezs wrote:Tempted to strike Toogeloo for that strike. I'm of the thought that we should thoroughly discuss strikes before placing them, almost as if it were lylo-ish
The first part sounds like someone testing the waters. Kinda "I'll strike Toog if someone will jopin me". It doesn't exactly jell withthe second sentence.

iso #3 is just weird. I can't decide if he's setting up to town read Wraith for town points or town read him as some sort of budy.

iso #4, why discuss SK's faking vig. We know there's no vig.

Then there's some stuff to appear town, then some much better posts. A definate change in feel.
Do we know if it's a day talk or night talk only game, because the last half of Hrezs' iso sounds like something caused him to change posting.

vote Hrezs

preview edit

Lol ABR, I just got the pm from the mod saying it was me alone.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:30 pm

Baby Spice wrote:Do we know if it's a day talk or night talk only game, because the last half of Hrezs' iso sounds like something caused him to change posting.
We don't know, I would assume daytalk.

What are your other individual reads BS?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:17 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Exe wrote:@LOL at ThAd.
Are you going to claim that you and Agar are exactly alike? Because unless you can prove that, there is no inconsistency.
You had me as scum because I was defending wraith's position on not wanting to break the game, right? If anything AGar was defending wraith's position
more strongly
than I was.

@ everyone:
Check out friend, he's done a bunch of weird stuff so far including:
- voting wraith for playstyle choice (obv he wasn't the only one guilty of this)
- defending toogeloo because the action was "anti-town but not scummy" (not actual quote, paraphrased)
- claiming gummy had been lurking after 2 days
- thinks bunnylover is "scum most likely" (actual quote) but keeps his vote on hrezs. Reason he voted hrezs in the first place? Hasn't supplied one.
- In fact points out that others (such as exe) have been contributing just as little as hrezs. Still keeps vote on hrezs.

vote: friend
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:32 pm

Bad reasons ^^^

1) Voting Wraith doesn't have anything to do with playstyle choice, I interpreted it as FEAR.
2) That is the general consensus
3) That's not scummy; he didn't demand gummy's head on a stick for not posting yet.
4) They are both scummy
5) Woooh....hrezs is a good wagon. You are allowed other suspicions.

ThAdmiral, you realize that I've done all of the things you accuse Friend of doing (yes, ALL) and yet you mention him and not me. That prety much KILLS your 'double standard' accusations against him.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:46 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Well I must admit I didn't notice you doing it, but I did notice him doing it.

In fact I don't think you are right. You haven't defended toogeloo, you said he was an idiot and to be ignored. Plus you've given reasons for voting hrezs rather than just jumped on him opportunistically.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:59 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Bunnylover wrote:@Kublai Khan: Your ignoring the points I'm making and responding with questions instead.
But right their, you admit that Toog action is a scum - tell, yet you vote Wraith?
Honestly, I'm trying to understand your points a little more clearer.

Yes, I admit to having suspicions of both Toogeloo and Wraith as of my Post 114. How is that a scumtell? You don't think that you're stretching the boundaries of interpretation by saying that I'm setting up "multi-day lynches"?
Explain to me why you think town wouldn't keep a lit of multiple scum suspects to vote for in a multi-scum setup.
Hell, with multiple scum groups, even scum are keeping lists of multiple scum suspects.
Bunnylover wrote:You just admitted that your vote on Wraith was a pressure vote, but a pressure vote can be placed at any time and he already had about 8 so what is one more going to do to him? Why would you vote someone who you believe is SCUM to vote someone who you want to pressure?
I double checked, I was vote #5 against Wraith. I put the vote to pressure him because often people who make a scumslip early in a large game will go silent and hope that their action will get overlooked and forgotten in favor of something else that happens (say.. Toogeloo's strike move).
Bunnylover wrote:How do you even do a pressure vote on people who you believe are scum? Isn't that like a contridiction? "Oh I believe this person is scum, but if this wagon doesn't work out, my vote was nothing but a pressure vote."
Really?
There's no contradiction. A pressure vote is a vote to pressure the target to post more. WTF does alignment have to do with it?

I don't even understand your accusation in the second part of the quote. Hell, I don't understand your whole mafia philosophy. Are you suggesting that pro-town players should only ever "lynch-vote"?
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:00 am

Friend wrote:DGB, may I ask why the town read on Exe?
It was some early aggression, if memory serves.

A good point is being made reminding everyone of multiscum - KK's scumhunting is not necessarily a town tell.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:01 am

Albert B. Rampage wrote:1) Voting Wraith doesn't have anything to do with playstyle choice, I interpreted it as FEAR.
Oh wait - did you say, FEAR?

Someone is emitting fear pheromones? I missed that. Where?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:32 am

Post by AGar »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
AGar wrote:2. TOOGELOO'S STRIKE WAS NOT IN THE RIGHT FUCKING SYNTAX. HE DIDN'T BURN HIS STRIKE.
Now that your all-caps Rage statement has been proven dead wrong what are your opinions on Toog’s strike and reasoning for it.
Apparently, yeah.

I actually think it was a town-motivated thought process. A good choice? No, but town-thought abound.

Think about it:

1. He was going to cause a massive commotion. Ignoring the WIFOM-pit, attention is just something that is generally bad for scum, no matter how good you are. In a game with two SKs and two scum factions, thrusting yourself into the spotlight is the LAST thing you need to do when part of your wincon involves keeping your faction members relatively alive. There will be 4 kills flying around each cycle (day/night). Being an attention-whore is a good way to draw one of them in. Toog doesn't strike me (lulz) as a VI-type player.

2. He has forced discussion for the town. Discussion leads to more people talking, more likelihood for slips, more opportunities for analysis. All bad things for any non-town player, again.

3. He drew attention to himself that could possibly lead to a lynch. Granted, it's not the most pro-town thing to do to try and draw a lynch to yourself, but again - scum don't want to die.

It's a suicide-squeeze for scum to do something like this.

ThAdmiral wrote:
AGar wrote:That's deflecting.
Do you think he's right? Are you, me and wraith all on the same scumteam?

If anything I think
you
are acting suspicious because you're getting all hot under the collar after I said your name and the word "scumteam" in the same sentence.
You did?

I couldn't care less. I'm just saying you're pushing attention away from yourself to someone else because they did the same thing. It's straight up deflection.

Hrezs is really bad. Like.. really really bad.
Exe is bad, too.

Dear god that Friend case was awful.

I like the speed-strike idea on Hrezs.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Hrezs
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:23 am

Post by Friend »

ThAdmiral wrote:
Exe wrote:@LOL at ThAd.
Are you going to claim that you and Agar are exactly alike? Because unless you can prove that, there is no inconsistency.
You had me as scum because I was defending wraith's position on not wanting to break the game, right? If anything AGar was defending wraith's position
more strongly
than I was.

@ everyone:
Check out friend, he's done a bunch of weird stuff so far including:
- voting wraith for playstyle choice (obv he wasn't the only one guilty of this)
- defending toogeloo because the action was "anti-town but not scummy" (not actual quote, paraphrased)
- claiming gummy had been lurking after 2 days
- thinks bunnylover is "scum most likely" (actual quote) but keeps his vote on hrezs. Reason he voted hrezs in the first place? Hasn't supplied one.
- In fact points out that others (such as exe) have been contributing just as little as hrezs. Still keeps vote on hrezs.

vote: friend
ABR basically said what I had to say in response to this. This is a pretty baseless case. I also didn't call out Gummy for lurking - it was more towards ObliviousDruidMuncher and Baby Spice. I still think it was a valid concern.

Am I not allowed to scumhunt if my vote on is on another player? That's also not the problem I have with Exe, by the way. It seems like you're just skimming the thread.
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:04 am

Post by Exe »

Friend wrote:What had you done at the time that Hresz hadn't? Why are you free from the accusation you placed on Hresz?
Umm...since when in Mafia are you not allowed to accuse someone of something scummy unless you've contributed X amount to the thread? That's hardly how this game works.

Plus, let's actually read what you are talking about.

I had made 4 posts or so before Hresz started his scumtastic behavior. They involved a mod question, and an RVS wagon on Thad.
Then I didn't post again for a bit.

THEN I finally had a chance to comment on Hresz's actions. AFTER I had been absent. So how could I have physically posted MORE content between RVS and absence? I don't see what you are suggesting I should have been doing while away.

And finally, none of this changes the fact that Hresz is a solid wagon with a solid case behind it. It's completely irrelevant of how I acted.

So please, Friend, tell me exactly what you are intending to get out of this line of accusation? Because I don't see the ultimate point you are trying to make.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”