bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1700 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:38 am

Post by bvoigt »

I didn't unvote solely because of smarg's claim...it was mostly at her and Feysal's request. I'm still leaning scum, although not as strongly.

@Steph: Why do you say I'm "probably scum?"
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1701 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:53 am

Post by gonnano »

I almost want to ignore the flavor now, since every other piece of flavor has obviously been designed to confuse me. However, Brandt did win the Nobel Peace Prize...
I don't know. Smarg still looks scummy.

I think we need to consider some ways to use smarg's roleclaim to our advantage. Neighbor makes plenty of sense as a mafia fakeclaim, for obvious reasons, and even though Scott says he's never seen it before, I'm sure it's been done.

If smarg's neighbor/scumbuddy decides to confirm smarg's claim, then we can be pretty certain that the two people are linked. If one of the two later flips mafia, then we've got a guaranteed scum. So I think that would be a good idea to move forward with.

Also:
Fonz wrote:If smarg is truthful, then the fact that Brandt is a neighbour rather than a mason makes me think a Yanqui scum group is likely.
Can you explain this some more? I'm having trouble making the connection.
Some men are born mediocre, some achieve mediocrity, and some have mediocrity thrust upon them.
- Joseph Heller
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1702 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:54 am

Post by bvoigt »

gonnano wrote:I think we need to consider some ways to use smarg's roleclaim to our advantage. Neighbor makes plenty of sense as a mafia fakeclaim, for obvious reasons, and even though Scott says he's never seen it before, I'm sure it's been done.

If smarg's neighbor/scumbuddy decides to confirm smarg's claim, then we can be pretty certain that the two people are linked. If one of the two later flips mafia, then we've got a guaranteed scum. So I think that would be a good idea to move forward with.
Unless I'm mistaken, we wouldn't be able to confirm anyone as scum. One neighbor could be scum, and the other town.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1703 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:34 am

Post by The Fonz »

gonnano wrote: I think we need to consider some ways to use smarg's roleclaim to our advantage. Neighbor makes plenty of sense as a mafia fakeclaim, for obvious reasons, and even though Scott says he's never seen it before, I'm sure it's been done.

This stinks. As BV said, the whole freaking point of neighbours is that one can be scum when the other's town. Or even rival scum. I've never seen a scum claim neighbor who wasn't (though actually, come to think of it it's a brilliant idea). If he flipped scum, it probably would confirm that the two are connected- like, by being neighbours.

Also:

Fonz wrote:If smarg is truthful, then the fact that Brandt is a neighbour rather than a mason makes me think a Yanqui scum group is likely.
Can you explain this some more? I'm having trouble making the connection.
Neighbours usually get each other's rolenames. If it were a one-scumgroup game and they were soviets, it would become pretty obvious to the (presumably East German) neighbour that Willy Brandt is not Soviet, because that would require a leap of flavour magnitudes bigger than even the ones we've seen so far. It's far, far more likely an East German neighbour would be unsure as to whether his partner is an American stooge or not.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1704 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:43 am

Post by Furcolow »

The Fonz wrote:
bvoigt wrote:UNVOTE: smargaret

Brandt does look pretty peaceful.
LOL. Having succeeded wonderfully with a couple of 'That sounds like a warlike name!1!' wagons, are we going to see a wagon die on the basis of 'that sounds like a peaceful name?' I mean, don't get me wrong, i don't really see how anything smarg has done is worse than the equivalent actions from DP. But letting someone you think is scum off the hook because of their name... man.

If smarg is truthful, then the fact that Brandt is a neighbour rather than a mason makes me think a Yanqui scum group is likely.
Furcolow wrote:the fonz = jmj
wonderful
now i know why hes voting me
If you believe I'm playing to my scum meta, you are completely wrong
You must not have read any of the 4 scum games I provided you, did you?
Because if you're claiming you're voting me on meta, you are a terrible player
Yeah, and you being a horrific detriment to town, and the guy who pointed out you playing to your scum meta having been NKed aren't good reasons or anything.
EGL wrote:Would it make sense to say that, regardless of Smarg's alignment, there's probably some sort of scum on the Smarg wagon IFF there are two scum groups?
If that's the case, there's probably scum on all the wagons. The thing is, unless you've got a strong inclination that there's a particularly large or small concentration, that's of little use. Because knowing that there is at least one scum in ten people doesn't narrow it down any more than random lynching would.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1705 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:45 am

Post by Furcolow »

If the fonz is town this game I will probably kill myself
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1706 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by The Fonz »

I'd feel guilty, but given your track record a suicide attempt on your part would likely end up granting you immortality or something.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1707 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:39 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

bvoigt wrote:@Steph: Why do you say I'm "probably scum?"
I explained toward the beginning of the game why I found you suspicious. If you were scum then, you are still scum now.
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1708 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:20 pm

Post by smargaret »

Gonnano's post is a bunch of bull doodoo. If my neighbor buddy should happen to flip scum, that flip would look like "XXXXX, (scumteam) neighbor." All this does to my alignment is prove that I'm not on the same scumteam, since that would just be stupid - it doesn't confirm me as a member of the other scumteam, nor does it confirm me as town. Similarly, if my neighbor buddy flips town, that flip wouldn't confirm me as a member of either scumteam - the whole point of neighbors is that you don't know whether the other neighbor is town or scum.

ThAd, the flavor I have is in my claim post. I don't want to go to war, and I believe that my neighbor buddy doesn't want to either. Why didn't you see this?

I like Fonz's recent posting. I'm still suspicious of Steph for reasons explained in a previous post. EGL is posting useless nonsense, as SB pointed out. Furthermore, EGL was the hammer on both mislynches, and quickhammered yesterday before Nacho had a chance to post. This puts him on the scum side of the spectrum. Furc needs to die, if only so he isn't around in lylo. Furc also needs some pressure for the amrun/artem confusion; I can easily see that as a scum distancing tactic gone awry.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1709 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:13 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

EGL wrote:Would it make sense to say that, regardless of Smarg's alignment, there's probably some sort of scum on the Smarg wagon IFF there are two scum groups?
Who do you suggest is scum on the wagon?
The Fonz wrote:
bvoigt wrote:UNVOTE: smargaret

Brandt does look pretty peaceful.
LOL. Having succeeded wonderfully with a couple of 'That sounds like a warlike name!1!' wagons, are we going to see a wagon die on the basis of 'that sounds like a peaceful name?' I mean, don't get me wrong, i don't really see how anything smarg has done is worse than the equivalent actions from DP. But letting someone you think is scum off the hook because of their name... man.
This.
gonnano wrote:If smarg's neighbor/scumbuddy decides to confirm smarg's claim, then we can be pretty certain that the two people are linked. If one of the two later flips mafia, then we've got a guaranteed scum. So I think that would be a good idea to move forward with.
Not true. It could be a town-mafia neighbor relationship.
smargaret wrote:ThAd, the flavor I have is in my claim post. I don't want to go to war, and I believe that my neighbor buddy doesn't want to either. Why didn't you see this?
I was hoping there might be more, or that if you were scum you might feel pressured to make up more.
I also seem to remember you were one of the people going after bunnylover for not having that much flavor. What gives? That seems like hypocrisy on your part.

However...I believe your claim.

Unvote

New plan: bvoigt today, gonnano tomorrow.

vote: bvoigt
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1710 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:15 am

Post by Lowell »

People have been saying "gonnano tomorrow" since, like, forever. Hasn't happened yet.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1711 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:16 am

Post by bvoigt »

Lowell wrote:People have been saying "gonnano tomorrow" since, like, forever. Hasn't happened yet.
I know, right?

VOTE: gonnano
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1712 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:38 am

Post by Stephoscope »

ThAdmiral wrote:New plan: bvoigt today, gonnano tomorrow.

vote: bvoigt
That sounds delightful.

Vote: bvoigt
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1713 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:04 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Day 3, vote count 4

smargaret - 5 -
LynchMePls, Furcolow, Sathoris, Beasts of the Sea, Lowell
DavidParker - 2 -
EGL, Scott Brosius
Furcolow - 2 -
XScorpion, The Fonz
Scott Brosius - 1 -
DavidParker
Stephoscope - 1 -
smargaret
bvoigt - 2 -
ThAdmiral, Stephoscope
gonnano - 1 -
bvoigt

Not voting - 2 -
gonnano, Feysal
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1714 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:40 am

Post by Furcolow »

What does everyone view as possible numbers left? scumteams of 4 and 3? 3 and 2? SK? I doubt there's an SK, and I'm leaning towards 4 and 3. Also, does anyone have any possible teamings of other players? I have provided reasoning for Feysal, but given Amrun's flip, I am beginning to question that. I guess I am just counter-tunneling due to Mafia Holographica.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1715 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:53 am

Post by The Fonz »

To those advocating 'Bvoight and Gonnano' as suspects- would the alignment of either influence your view of the other? IE, do you think their interactions look scumbuddyish, or do you think each is a top suspect independent of the other?

Personally, Gonnano doesn't look that scummy. But Bvoight doesn't look scummy at all to me.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1716 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:00 am

Post by bvoigt »

@Furc: I agree, it's probably 4:3:9 remaining.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1717 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:04 am

Post by Furcolow »

I would rather lynch Gonnano than Bvoigt, Fonz.
Reasoning is sort of weak, as it relies on how many wagons have been attempted on Gonnano yet stalled/failed/fizzled
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1718 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:28 pm

Post by gonnano »

Unless I'm mistaken, we wouldn't be able to confirm anyone as scum. One neighbor could be scum, and the other town.
You're right. I posted that in a hurry and didn't think things through.
Some men are born mediocre, some achieve mediocrity, and some have mediocrity thrust upon them.
- Joseph Heller
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1719 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:32 pm

Post by gonnano »

To fix my earlier statement:

If smarg's neighbor/scumbuddy decides to confirm smarg's claim, then we can be pretty certain that the two people are linked. If one of the two later flips mafia
and NOT neighbor
, then we've got a guaranteed scum.

sorry about that.
- Joseph Heller
Beasts of the Sea
Beasts of the Sea
Townie
Beasts of the Sea
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1720 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:09 pm

Post by Beasts of the Sea »

Unless the neighbor is willing to come forward the claim is unsubstantiated. Even then, there is no reason that the claim should warrant unvoting. Even if the claim is true that does not make her town. The scummy behavior still exists and deserves to be lynched. So the real question is what the real reason behind bvoigt, Stephosccope, and ThAdmiral unvoting since the neighbor claim does nothing to indicate alignment.

I have two job interviews (one out of state) next week so
V/LA until Wednesday (maybe Thursday)
. I will try and post again before I leave but might not have time due to a presentation I have to prepare.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1721 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:34 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

I feel the neighbor situation will sort itself out; come out in the wash, if you will. Also as someone said earlier it is very often not a fake-claim.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Beasts of the Sea
Beasts of the Sea
Townie
Beasts of the Sea
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1722 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:46 am

Post by Beasts of the Sea »

Stephoscope wrote:
bvoigt wrote:@Steph: Why do you say I'm "probably scum?"
I explained toward the beginning of the game why I found you suspicious. If you were scum then, you are still scum now.
Has anything happened to strengthen you read? This is a terrible comment because it is referencing someone's level of scumminess based only on early evidence and applying that early evidence as a constant throughout the game. I bet if one flips scum the other is, too. Stephoscope is clearly trying to establish that she has been advocating for bvoit's lynch all game, while the original case is very unconvincing:
Stephoscope wrote:Reading him in iso, I find it pretty likely that he is scum. I don't like all the little suggestions that he is town.
Stephoscope wrote:Reading him in iso makes me think he's trying to hard to be seen as a verified townie. And I don't like how he's completely ignored my vote.
This is the "case" that indicates that bvoigt is scum forever and ever??? From the seventh day of the game no less. I think we might have found two scum buddies. I'm going to have to think about this a little and read a few more things. I might be changing my vote shortly.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1723 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:54 am

Post by Furcolow »

smarg needs to be killed by a vig if she is not lynched so we can see if shes lying about the neighbor thing

also needs to out her neighbor, and if she flips town, perhaps we should doctor her neighbor assuming we have one
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1724 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:18 am

Post by The Fonz »

Furcolow wrote:I would rather lynch Gonnano than Bvoigt, Fonz.
Reasoning is sort of weak, as it relies on how many wagons have been attempted on Gonnano yet stalled/failed/fizzled
That's actually a pretty decent reason. Though I think his individual scumminess has been blown out of proportion. I'd lynch him over BV, who probably isn't in the top third of the scummiest players in the game for me, but I'd rather lynch you, DP or ThAd in that order before him.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”