Mini 1140 - Mafia Mishmash...Game Over!!

Surprise_Carcinogen
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:51 pm

Post by Surprise_Carcinogen »

Alright, that's it
unvote. Vote: Andrew94

I gave you a good, long list of things you could give some opinion or another about, and then you come in here and strawman(correct usage. Answer a different, but superficially similar question to the one asked) your way into self-righteousness. And I always keep an eye on lurkers, they just happen to get my attention when they start flimsy, pointless cases, against me or not. And you haven't SAID you refuse to post your opinions. You just HAVE failed to post your opinions.
"But he will not be drinking delicious juice, oh no. He will be choking down a world of hot piss and it will serve him right for liking all those dumbass movies unironically." - Dave Strider
bgg1996
bgg1996
Goon
bgg1996
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:54 pm

Post by bgg1996 »

andrew94 wrote:bgg1996 is oppourtunistic in attempting to lynch me. where have i said i refuse to post my opinions.
You have not said that until now.
Please reconsider. This is completely anti-town, and I will vote for you for it.
People both love and hate me... Without the 'love' part.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:17 pm

Post by andrew94 »

Surprise_Carcinogen wrote:Alright, that's it
unvote. Vote: Andrew94

I gave you a good, long list of things you could give some opinion or another about
, and then you come in here and strawman(correct usage. Answer a different, but superficially similar question to the one asked) your way into self-righteousness. And I always keep an eye on lurkers, they just happen to get my attention when they start flimsy, pointless cases, against me or not. And you haven't SAID you refuse to post your opinions. You just HAVE failed to post your opinions.
WHERE THE HELL IS IT.
all i can find is 'whats everyones opinion on andrew'

DIAF
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
Surprise_Carcinogen
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:21 pm

Alright, since you are stupid on TOP of being scum...
Surprise_Carcinogen wrote: mafia edit:
andrew wrote:on which particular things
Try...absolutely everything that has gone on this game so far that you've ignored. From the RQS thing early on that you haven't said a thing about, on to the magnetic thing which you almost entirely ignored, or maybe any of the debates so far that you've said nothing about. Your 'case' against me is the most content we've gotten from you all game, and I'll be damned if it's of any quality at all.
Here. Right here. I gave you a list of possible things you might have had opinions about, but which you said nothing to. You have done nothing but occasionally take a pot shot at me. Even with Bgg coming under heavy fire, you have been suspiciously quiet. You could give us on opinion on that, for example! What do you think about Bgg's various accusations? What do you think about CKD's lurking, or Regfan being all shepherd-ie. SAY SOMETHING THAT MATTERS.
"But he will not be drinking delicious juice, oh no. He will be choking down a world of hot piss and it will serve him right for liking all those dumbass movies unironically." - Dave Strider
Surprise_Carcinogen
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:22 pm

Also, if I understand DIAF right, I'm going to add "needlessly agressive towards his accusors" to the list.
bgg1996
bgg1996
Goon
bgg1996
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:22 pm

Post by bgg1996 »

"
Surprise_Carcinogen wrote:Try...absolutely everything that has gone on this game so far that you've ignored. From the RQS thing early on that you haven't said a thing about, on to the magnetic thing which you almost entirely ignored, or maybe any of the debates so far that you've said nothing about. Your 'case' against me is the most content we've gotten from you all game, and I'll be damned if it's of any quality at all.
It's not exactly a list, but it's a start."

Written B4 S_C's post.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:24 pm

Post by andrew94 »

Surprise_Carcinogen wrote:Alright, since you are stupid on TOP of being scum...
Surprise_Carcinogen wrote: mafia edit:
andrew wrote:on which particular things
Try...absolutely everything that has gone on this game so far that you've ignored. From the RQS thing early on that you haven't said a thing about, on to the magnetic thing which you almost entirely ignored, or maybe any of the debates so far that you've said nothing about. Your 'case' against me is the most content we've gotten from you all game, and I'll be damned if it's of any quality at all.
Here. Right here. I gave you a list of possible things you might have had opinions about, but which you said nothing to. You have done nothing but occasionally take a pot shot at me. Even with Bgg coming under heavy fire, you have been suspiciously quiet. You could give us on opinion on that, for example! What do you think about Bgg's various accusations? What do you think about CKD's lurking, or Regfan being all shepherd-ie. SAY SOMETHING THAT MATTERS.
right: i have to go now, but ill do it when i get back.
so things to note: i was at mcc tourney when magnetic was getting owned and erm i said bgg was oppourtunistic.
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
bgg1996
bgg1996
Goon
bgg1996
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:26 pm

Post by bgg1996 »

A North-going Zax and a South-going Zax meet in a very big
tunnel
Surprise_Carcinogen
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:43 pm

So...with bgg saying things like "everybody who lynched magnetic is suspicious" and other such things, the ONLY thing you have an opinion about is the fact that he's opportunistic for looking in your direction? Plus, I give you a frigging LIST of things, and you grab the ONE question you've already given a stupid, crappy SEMBLANCE of an answer to?

Evasive. Jumpy. Poor case-building, in addition to riding said poor case as long as possible. My certainty is riding 80% at the moment...
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:08 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Updating as I go (from page 9)
Regfan wrote: I plan on doing an ISO on CuriousKarmaDog, should be up within a few hours.
this comes out of fucking NO WHERE...this reeks of someone(s) thinking I am a threat and being directed to start pushing something on me...why me out of everyone who is left?...I wasnt on the fucking townie lynch....I know he has a "case" later...so I will wait till then.

So he posts the above on 3:22, and posts the below at 3:45…so it is fucking obvious he went into my “ISO” with the plan of painting me as scum

Regfan wrote:N = Null-tell. S1 = Minor Scum-tell. S2 = Medium Scum-tell. S3 = Strong Scum-tell. T1 = Minor Town-tell. T2 = Medium Town-tell. T3 = Strong Town-tell. I will use this system for any ISO I do this game.

ISO on CuriousKarmaDog:

1. Answers RQS questions. N.
2. Mentions he's catching up on reading. N.
3. Mentions that discussion revolves around theory without adding his thoughts on it, progresses to predict a replacement while calling a 'RVS vote on Voltron' bad. Votes Pappmus after RVS period with 'gut' as his explanation. S2
4. Brings up that Yura is a bad lynch without going into why again, asks Magnetic a question without chasing an answer. S1
5. Asks Volkan if he really thinks he's scum again. N leaning S1
6. Questions Magnetic, again doesn't chase an answer. S1
7. Votes Maxmum stating it's a pressure vote removing the entire point of it. S1
8. Pushs his reasoning of 'delaying the day is good'. N leaning S1.
9. Attempts to defend his reasoning behind the pressure vote via bringing up an illogical comparison. Asks if I have a problem with the vote when it's clear that I was against the rasoning, not the vote. S1.

My conclusion from the ISO is that he's made a point to stay out of massive discussions sharing little to no reasoning behind the few actions and posts he does make. On top of that his attempt to question Magnetic without chasing an answer seems to be like an attempt to seem town for when Magnetic flips town as does his attempt to change the vote to someone else fully knowing that Magnetic would still be lynched. With all that said:

Vote: CuriousKarmaDog

Cut by Andrew: Mafia-Null is I find their lack of action or actions scummy but not enough for me to consider them as one of my leading mafia suspects.
As for 'what conversation', I mean Yuras interaction with Magnetic and posts.
The case is bullshit….

lets take his point 3 for example (what he deems was a medium scum tell)…he fails to mention in this case was this was on page 3. Interesting point: after my post he decides that Magnetic is scummier then myself..he unvotes, then doesn’t revote anyone for the rest of the day.

Point 4, you take liberties with what I actually said…I said that Yuro was a bad vote, it is pretty obvious why..but lets play your game…lets say I DID SAY yuro was a bad lynch…why is that slightly scummy?

6, you say I didn’t follow up on the question..dude didn’t post…I found something else that was scummier and went after it….but lets say I DIDN’T FOLLOW up…what is scummy about that? The guy wasn’t posting…I could understand you saying this was scummy if he flipped scum…but he flipped town.

7, is not really even a point?...just because you didn’t understand what I was saying doesn’t mean it was scummy…also at this point YOU WERENT VOTING ANYONE…so, really who was scummier here?

The case is a bad case and it was obvious that you went into it with the mind set that I was going to scum at the end of it..

WHY?

I had some questions for you, so I will continue.
Regfan wrote:
@Regfan: Why did you decide to ISO CKD above the others?
His actions rubbed just before the hammer rubbed me the wrong way, something just seemed of especially when he never came back to attempt to make anything of his Maxomus push even though he was online close to the lynch.
uhhhh, what?....I dont even understand this post. I am scummy because the town quick lynched someone and I didnt have a chance to comment? And what do you mean I was online close to the lynch?...lets say I was(somewhere on site), how do you know that and WHY IS THAT FUCKING SCUMMY...question, when did you "decide" you thought I was scummy?
bgg1996 wrote: Anyway, you seem to be saying that I came up with this idea because I wanted to gain credibility.
But that wasn't the reason that I did not vote him. On the contrary, I had thought that he the he was, indeed, scum. I wanted to gain information on other players before we lynched him. I was even thinking of keeping him alive as a kind-of scum-pet. Of course, if we had kept the day going, we may have found real scum, maybe even the SK. Not to mention the fact that we would have found out that there was indeed two mafia groups by now, possibly (but probably not) having him confirmed.
I dont think I understand this reasoning at all.
yura-chi wrote:VOTE: CuriousKarmaDog
I suggest this because after looking back at everyones post, when everyone started to claim me as possible or actually scum ckd sided with me so i'm assuming
WTF?

This just feels like a bullshit case job (lets get another quick mislynch)…..so I am scummy, because I thought you a vote from vollkan against you was bad?...explain.

!!!!!!!!!this vote makes just as little sense as regfan…please someone else see this!!!!!!!!!!!
Regfan wrote:1)Honestly, because it never crossed my mind.
2)No, never played a game with a SK in forum mafia before.
3)I would guess the vig kill is pap since I think tcla was obv town.
4)Suprisingly enough I haven't been mafia yet on MS.
soooo, you have never been in a game with a SK...have you been in a game with a vig?...can you provide a link?

also, you "think" there is a vig in this game. this is why I think you are a bullshit artist my friend...given the votes day one..if you really believed that was a vig who killed pap, who would you think it would have been??!?!?

There is no way you are buying what you are trying to sale.

andrew94 wrote:@ckd, im pretty sure u had about 10000 games under your belt, then you would know that vigs dont use knifes??
fos ckd
this is the 3rd person (out of 4) who has expressed suspicion of me...this time, it is just out and out...lies?! god I dont even know how to categorizes this.
yura-chi wrote:@maxous - yes i meant mafia members.... also im saying that during d1 ckd suddenly siding with me while being heavily suspected was a way of him helping me while not being that obvious....so i thought he was obviously scum and thus me voting for him cuz i thought he was scummy....i don't really get myself....for now ima UNVOTE: and raise a FOS on CKD until i find more logical reason to vote for him

ill post again during the break!
why would I help you?...as scum, why would "help you"? The only reason as scum I would defend (not help) you was because I thought you were going to be lynched and wanted to buy some town cred. but that is not what I doing...at all....my comment about it being a bad vote was more of an expression of doubt about vollkan’s alignment.
andrew94 wrote: @ckd, i might have misread
Yeah maybe you did….which sentence exactly did you get the impression that I was saying a vig stabs?

Surprise_Carcinogen wrote:Vollkan. Take a step back, for your own sake. I had to back in D1 when I was tunneling on Reg without realizing it. You can't take apart everything a person says without eventually coming up with whatever it was you wanted to find anyway
interesting statement, did you call Reg out for this when he did this earlier in this day?
yura-chi wrote:I personally think that sc is defending bgg so badly that there might be a connection between them...
did I sign up for a newbie game and not know it?
Maxous wrote: That being said Subgenius comment has made me have a bit of a rethink.
SC, what do you think of CKD's and Regfan's posts trying to question Magnetic about 'why he claimed and why did you do this?' etc. after his credibiltiy had been shot.
fuck SC, what do you think about it?
andrew94 wrote:????
on which paricular things
why do you need to be prompted?..how about we change his question around a bit...what have you gave firm stances on today?

ok, I am caught up, out of all the suspicion placed on me today SC, looks the most genuine, but looking at this lot (Andrew, REg, and Yuro) it is not saying much.

Vote Regfan…

I believe he came out of the gate swinging at me with a plan in hand…he did not go into my ISO trying to find scum(as he painted)…he went into trying to form a case when there was none…I have some questions floating, so this vote might change…
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Surprise_Carcinogen
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:16 pm

Reading through CKD's rebuttal, I'm struck with the sense that he is going into this doing what he accuses Regfan of. Both of them are on my list, so I'm not really certain which of the two I should believe, but I do find many of CKD's counterpoints to Reg's initial ISO stab to be reaching. More on this when Reg answers though, I suppose.

To answer the question posed to me: I didn't notice that Reg had actually done that, to be honest. And if he had, it certainly wasn't against someone I had a town-read for.
subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:42 pm

Post by subgenius »

curiouskarmadog wrote:Updating as I go (from page 9)
this comes out of fucking NO WHERE...this reeks of someone(s) thinking I am a threat and being directed to start pushing something on me...why me out of everyone who is left?...
I wasnt on the fucking townie lynch....
Why did you feel it was necessary to mention that you weren't involved in magnetic's lynch?
bgg1996
bgg1996
Goon
bgg1996
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:43 pm

Post by bgg1996 »

andrew94 wrote:right: i have to go now, but ill do it when i get back.
You've made the right decision. :)

Of course now I have to find somebody else to suspect. :(

Unless you decide to change your mind. :twisted:
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:52 pm

Post by havingfitz »

Votecount 2.2:

curiouskarmadog - 2 (Regfan, yura-chi)

yura-chi – 1 (vollkan)
bgg1996 - 1 (subgenius)
Surprise_Carcinogen - 1 (Andrew94)
Andrew94 - 1 (Surprise_Carcinogen)
Regfan - 1 (curiouskarmadog)

Not voting: (bgg1996, Truant, Maxous)

With 10 players left it’s 6 to lynch.

Day 2 will end no later than midnight EST on March 31st.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
bgg1996
bgg1996
Goon
bgg1996
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:01 pm

Post by bgg1996 »

So then my question isn't going to be answered?
What the weak doctor did?
Surprise_Carcinogen
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:02 pm

I'm reasonably certain that it does what the wiki said. A NORMAL doctor behaves the way magnetic said.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:23 pm

Post by Regfan »

Maxous: @Regfan: Why did you ask these questions to Magnetic here? Did you think it is still possible for him to be an actual doctor?
I thought it was possible he was just an idiot and we could still get some information from him.
Yura:I personally think that sc is defending bgg so badly that there might be a connection between them...
Which of the two do you think is most likely to be mafia though, and why?
Ckd: this comes out of fucking NO WHERE...this reeks of someone(s) thinking I am a threat and being directed to start pushing something on me...why me out of everyone who is left?...I wasnt on the fucking townie lynch....I know he has a "case" later...so I will wait till then.
Out of nowhere? I was refuting the logic you used throughout the entire second half of yesterday. You attemtping to say 'This comes out of fucking NOWHERE' is merely an attempt to gain symapthy if anything.
Ckd: So he posts the above on 3:22, and posts the below at 3:45…so it is fucking obvious he went into my “ISO” with the plan of painting me as scum
So you believe 9 small posts should take longer then 23 minutes to ISO? You're attemping to harp on a irrelevant detail here and in an attempt to unverify the case.
lets take his point 3 for example (what he deems was a medium scum tell)…he fails to mention in this case was this was on page 3. Interesting point: after my post he decides that Magnetic is scummier then myself..he unvotes, then doesn’t revote anyone for the rest of the day.
A) What does page 3 have to do with anything, it was out of RVS period therefore your vote is expected to have some reasoning behind it or at least show some intiative to post content, you did neither.
B) I voted Magnetic for a reaction at first, unvoted because I was unsure whether to read him as caught mafia or dumb town and didn't vote again because I didn't want to risk shortening the day as much as it ended up.
C) Again here you're attemping to unverify my case by bringing up something completly irrelevant, who I voted has nothing to do with your actions.
Point 4, you take liberties with what I actually said…I said that Yuro was a bad vote, it is pretty obvious why..but lets play your game…lets say I DID SAY yuro was a bad lynch…why is that slightly scummy?
'It's pretty obvious why'. No it's not, explain to me why yura is or was a bad lynch. Stating someone is a bad lynch without being willing to go into discussion showing your reasoning IS a scum-tell because mafia often do it in an attempt to either A) Buddy a townie B) Attempt to seem as if they're scum-hunting.
6, you say I didn’t follow up on the question..dude didn’t post…I found something else that was scummier and went after it….but lets say I DIDN’T FOLLOW up…what is scummy about that? The guy wasn’t posting…I could understand you saying this was scummy if he flipped scum…but he flipped town.
Explain the relevance of this defence at all, what does his allignment have to do with your play? If you ask someone a question, you either A) Harp over it until you get an answer B) State real reasoning for stopping hunting for that answer. Again you've done neither.
7, is not really even a point?...just because you didn’t understand what I was saying doesn’t mean it was scummy…also at this point YOU WERENT VOTING ANYONE…so, really who was scummier here?
A) 'Didn't even undestand what you were saying', you're attempting to paint me as stupid to unverify this point when this has already been discussed with several players in this thread and there IS no benefit to stating you want pressure votes when you pressure vote.
B) Again you're attempting to unverify my case, what does not voting have to do with you attempting to fake a town-tell.
C) You're attempting to draw comparisons with yourself and me instead of defending the points against you.
The case is a bad case and it was obvious that you went into it with the mind set that I was going to scum at the end of it..
You're attempting to reaffirm 'the case is bad' by just repeating it again not pointing out any real flaws in it.
uhhhh, what?....I dont even understand this post. I am scummy because the town quick lynched someone and I didnt have a chance to comment?
The quicklynch has absolutely nothing to do with it, you attempting to vote Maxomus while it was inherently obvious that Magnetic was going to get lynched does.
lets say I was(somewhere on site), how do you know that and WHY IS THAT FUCKING SCUMMY
What? Are you saying 'when did you decide things are scumtells?'
.question, when did you "decide" you thought I was scummy?
Mid to end of yesterday, if you read back you'll notice me saying it as well.
!!!!!!!!!this vote makes just as little sense as regfan…please someone else see this!!!!!!!!!!!
The !!!!!!!!!!!'s are an attempt to put emphasis on soemthing rather then explaining it this all smells of AtE.
soooo, you have never been in a game with a SK...have you been in a game with a vig?...can you provide a link?
Game I was in with a vig: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 37&start=0
also, you "think" there is a vig in this game. this is why I think you are a bullshit artist my friend...given the votes day one..if you really believed that was a vig who killed pap, who would you think it would have been??!?!?
You want me to speculate on who I think a town PR is? What benefit does that give us at all, if anything it assists mafia in knowing who to kill. For someone who has been here for 4 years you should know this.
There is no way you are buying what you are trying to sale.
Elaborate?
bgg1996
bgg1996
Goon
bgg1996
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:33 pm

Post by bgg1996 »

You expect me to believe that it's a coincidence that Magnetic guessed that there were two killing sources?
bgg1996
bgg1996
Goon
bgg1996
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:33 pm

Post by bgg1996 »

And seriously, the whole town is going to fall underground if you all don't stop tunneling.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:23 pm

Post by vollkan »

bgg wrote: The people that I would be referring to are not unidentified. You can find out who they are whenever you feel like it. The fact that you do not do so makes me think that you want me to say their names, so that you can make a big thing about how those people have nothing scummy about them, and make a case on me for it.
Nope. The reason is that making an attack against a group gives plausible deniability in relation to any specific member.

Let me explain with the following;

Mr Scum: "I think all the people who did
X
are scummy"
Mr Town: "The people who did
X
are A, B, C, D, E and F. You suspect all of them?"
Mr Scum: "I'm not identifying specific individuals"
<time elapses>
Mr Scum: "I don't think C is scummy."
Mr Town: "But C did
X
"
Mr Scum: "Did I ever say that I suspected C?"
Mr Town: *facepalm*
bgg wrote: Furthermore, I did not "change my tune" or whatever you like to call it.
If I were to say "I suspect the people who made the 3rd and 6th posts." that would imply that I knew who they were and may think that they are scum for whatever reason.
If I were to say "I suspect whoever made the 3rd and 6th posts." then it would imply that my suspiscions relied not on the people, and whatever else that they might have done, or even what is on those posts, but on the fact that I believed the act of posting third and sixth is scummy.

Before anybody makes a big thing about it, I do not believe that the act of posting third and sixth is scummy.
This is seriously the most hair-splitting semantic defence I have ever encountered.

There is absolutely no difference in substance between saying "I suspect the people who did X" and "I suspect whoever did X". In either case, you are indicating suspicion. The only difference between the two is, as I indicated in the analogy above, that the latter gives you a form of plausible deniability.

(FTR, the reason it gives plausible deniability is right there in bgg's post - it doesn't rely "on the people, and whatever else that they might have done". In other words, he quarantines the reason for suspicion from the subjects of the suspicion.)
SC wrote: He hasn't actually done anything pro town, so much as he has played almost exactly the way I used to when I was first starting to play mafia, false scum-tells and all, I haven't seen anything majorly wrong come from him, just a lot of small things, so I am disinclined to comdemn him just yet. I think he, at worst, reads null to me, but I am more inclined to read 'misguided town' in his actions. Things like 'are you vig' aren't something even the worst of scum would outright ask, after all.
How do you think his play would differ if he was scum?
SC wrote: As to the second point, what conclusions do you draw from him changing his mind?
Well, I don't think he did "change his mind" in the sense of forming a different opinion. The point is that he clearly made an attack on whoever wanted the day to end quickly. Then, when called out on this, he has resorted to this weird semantic defence about how he wasn't attacking anybody in particular but, rather, was attacking their conduct - like it makes a difference.

So, with that in mind, the scumminess in this is not a contradiction but, rather, the fact that he is refusing to actually commit both to defending his position and identifying his suspects and, instead, is just playing word games.
bgg1996 wrote:
You think I did something scummy, but that doesn't mean you suspect me. Is that right
This is it.

I'll start going over the thread.

Going from #1-13, I see that Andrew definitely needs to contribute more.
Was that so hard?

(I know this makes the points I made above kind of moot, but I want them left in since I think they clarify the issues)
SC wrote: That aside, I've made the only case in Bggs defence that I think there is. I don't find him scummy because I have seen less-then-adept town including myself play exactly this way, but I haven't seen scum behave quite so textbook scummy. It's much, much more likely in my mind that's he's just a townie who made a mistake and can't do anything to remedy it without looking worse. "Woops, made a mistake, sorry" at this point would look just as bad against him as anything else.
SC wrote: A quick look over things and Yura's current post continues a rather disturbing trend of contributing nothing, and riding nearly every single bandwagon, or potential bandwagon so far this game. She has rarely missed even one. This is terrible practice, and not at all in the town's favor, possibly bordering on a definitive scumtell. The constant wagoning would combine with the lack of original evidence to keep Yura in my top spot in spite of andrew climbing quickly closer.
Whilst I give a QFT to the second quote above, I want to juxtapose the two, because I don't think your position is inconsistent.

Both bgg and Yura are playing badly. I also think they are both scummy. You', however, only think that Yura is scummy (in fact, you indicate that she is your #1 suspect). This is interesting because your defence of bgg (which boils down to "too scummy to be scum") should apply equally, if not more so, in the case of Yura.

I recognise that there is a difference between the two, in that bgg at least has a thread of reasoning to follow, even if I think it's ridiculous. Nonetheless, I'm interested to know what the difference between them is in your view.
SC wrote: Most of them. I wish I still had my first game of mafia handy. Admittedly it was a first, and I know this isn't Bgg's first, but I got myself speed-lynched day 3 as a townie behaving the exact same way he is now. I simply don't see a mafia making this MANY mistakes, I should say. Slip once or twice, yeah, but even under pressure I consider it more likely a desperate townie fumbling for survival then I do a scum fumbling for his disguise.
Apologies if you already answer this in response to my "How would his play differ?" question, but I'd like to know how you think "fumbling townie" differs from "desperate scum"? Reason is, I am concerned that this might be a case of you sympathetically projecting your own history onto bgg.
Andrew wrote: erm bro. i come on once or twice a day. then do my stuff, sleep etc. (and this is the weekends)

is 'one day' lurking? notice that its my sleeping time when the 2 pages roll in
Andrew wrote: again, you are pointing to my lack of posts to suggest that i am lurking and to discredit my case. do you even know what lurking is? its not 'posting low amounts', its 'cant post a lot'. then, the only confusion about magnetic was the fact that he said 'weak doctor protect fails if attaack by more than 1 person', to me: that was what THE NORMAL DOC does anyway. and also at the end where he listed everyone as likely town.
Andrew, lurking is more about content then it is about number of posts.

Take the above two posts as a classic example: despite everything that has happened since your previous post, the only thing you see fit to do is to argue that you aren't lurking.
Andrew wrote: ????
on which paricular things

The fact you need to ask this is proof that you are lurking.

Time to issue my tried-and-tested ultimatum:
Read up, or replace out

Please give us, in your next post, two sentences minimum on each player telling us your opinion of them.

If you can't or won't, for any reason, do that, then leave.
bgg wrote: I think that even if it is normal for him to be lurking, if he refuses to post his opinions, and such, then he deserves to be lynched. The chance that he is scum is as good as anything, but we won't lose much if he isn't.
We aren't lynching lurkers.
SC wrote: That logic is almost reasonable. Lynching town is never a good idea on the principle that they aren't going to contribute much even if they are town. On the other hand, his refusal to point out his opinions can be a good indication that he ISN'T town.
No.

When people lurk, it is far more often a product of real life and/or boredness and/or laziness then it is a calculated move to avoid giving content.
CKD wrote: The case is a bad case and it was obvious that you went into it with the mind set that I was going to scum at the end of it..
I agree that the case is bad.

But as I pointed out earlier, ISOs have an inherent tendency to produce a tunnelling effect.

That said, I think you are right to point out that it's unclear why he chose to ISO you in the first place (I see he has posted below, so I don't yet know if he's responded to that issue)
CKD wrote: did I sign up for a newbie game and not know it?
*waves*

[quote="SC"
Reading through CKD's rebuttal, I'm struck with the sense that he is going into this doing what he accuses Regfan of. Both of them are on my list, so I'm not really certain which of the two I should believe, but I do find many of CKD's counterpoints to Reg's initial ISO stab to be reaching. More on this when Reg answers though, I suppose.
[/quote]

Which points of CKD's do you think are 'reaching' and why?
Reg wrote: Out of nowhere? I was refuting the logic you used throughout the entire second half of yesterday. You attemtping to say 'This comes out of fucking NOWHERE' is merely an attempt to gain symapthy if anything.
In which posts yeseterday did you attack CKD?
Reg wrote: The !!!!!!!!!!!'s are an attempt to put emphasis on soemthing rather then explaining it this all smells of AtE.
This is just reaching:
Reg+5

AtE is where emotion is used in lieu of argument. He used the !!!!!s in a response to Yura's god-awful vote for him. Given that, it was perfectly legitimate and natural to use the !!!!s.
bgg wrote: And seriously, the whole town is going to fall underground if you all don't stop tunneling.
Public Service Announcement

Repeatedly attacking a single player is not 'tunnelling'. It's scumhunting. It ONLY becomes tunnelling if the attacks go beyond the point of reasonable argument and instead become an exercise in latching onto the scummiest possible interpretations of a person's actions.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:45 pm

Post by Regfan »

That said, I think you are right to point out that it's unclear why he chose to ISO you in the first place (I see he has posted below, so I don't yet know if he's responded to that issue)
I've actually responded to already, just after when I posted the ISO on him. I'm unsure how you're both seeming to miss this.Post #219,
In which posts yeseterday did you attack CKD? [/Qutote]
Posts #98 #167 #171 #181
Reg wrote:The !!!!!!!!!!!'s are an attempt to put emphasis on soemthing rather then explaining it this all smells of AtE.
This is just reaching: Reg+5
AtE is where emotion is used in lieu of argument. He used the !!!!!s in a response to Yura's god-awful vote for him. Given that, it was perfectly legitimate and natural to use the !!!!s.
Perhaps AtE isn't the right way to explain it, but adding !!!!! does nothing to benefit the town, nor do I see how it's 'legitimate or natural' considering it lays emphasis on a point without elaborating on what the point actually is.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:45 pm

Post by Regfan »

Apologies for the botched up quote tag.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:52 pm

Post by vollkan »

Reg wrote: Perhaps AtE isn't the right way to explain it, but adding !!!!! does nothing to benefit the town, nor do I see how it's 'legitimate or natural' considering it lays emphasis on a point without elaborating on what the point actually is.

I just posted a picture of an elephant. My doing so did nothing to benefit the town. Does that mean my elephant is a scumtell?

The point CKD was making was pretty damn obvious, considering he made it in the two lines directly above his !!!!!s

I also point out that saying "Perhaps AtE isn't the right way to explain it" is a massive understatement. The reasons you give above for it being scummy are pathetically flimsy and have nothing whatsoever to do with AtE. So, basically, this is a typical case of somebody misusing a boilerplate scumtell.
bgg1996
bgg1996
Goon
bgg1996
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:02 pm

Post by bgg1996 »

It is a little more like...

several days ago...
People 3 & 4 did X

Today...
Person 1: "I suspect whoever did X."
Person 2: "Who do you suspect?"
Person 1: "I'm not saying I suspect them in particular, just the thing that they did."
Person 2: "That is a large group of people that you say you suspect."
Person 1: "It's just 2 people."
Person 3: "So you think I did something scummy, but you don't necessarily suspect me in particular?"
Person 1: "Exactly! Now I'll go try to scumhunt."
Person 2 makes post #344
bgg1996
bgg1996
Goon
bgg1996
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:03 pm

Post by bgg1996 »

And are you really telling me that nobody here has made a post that goes beyond the point of reasonable argument?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”