Square Enix Mafia Gaiden: The Outsiders (Game Over)

Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:27 pm

Post by Fate »

Nero shouldn't claim AT ALL he should just die.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:35 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Dry-fit wrote:
bristep123 wrote:Re-reading the thread Vezo seems really scummy. 7 posts with 5 of them being a change of vote, and none of those votes have been backed up with much argument.
You shouldn't really expect much more from vezo to be honest.

Not sure why Nero should claim at L-2?

Pops is activve lurkin.
No I'm not, I'm lurking. Active lurking is where you aren't really participating, but pretend to do so. I'm not even pretending to participate. Saying Fate is quaint isn't indicative of his alignment, and changing my avatar has nothing to do with the game. (unless me and Fate are masons doing a complex orchestrated avatar breadcrumb, YOU NEVER KNOW).

I participated during RV stage, then I participated in the "poke at people for ridiculously small stuff" stage, but then what followed that was, "continue poking at people for ridiculously small stuff and pretend it's a big deal, then do nothing but argue with eachother about those small things". And that's really alienated me from the game, made me disinterested in the thread, and made me check my other game, check facebook, check my email, THEN check this game. Usually to be disappointed.

Alright alright, point that follows is probably that I should find some brilliant case myself if someone needs to step the game up.. but the first read through this thread was painful enough, and I didn't notice anything.

Maybe when I'm less busy
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:40 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

Thus why I'd like for this lynch to hurry up and proceed so that we have some wagon analysis to use to get the rest of you into the game.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:58 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Deadline isn't imminent. Don't be the player who fumbles into checkmate when he had an hour on the clock to find a better move.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:22 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

If you'd like to compare this to chess, you're using the wrong spectrum of the game. This isn't the end, it's the beginning.

Furthermore, the game is stagnating. You complained about the fact that there was a period of time where we nit-picked over the smallest things. You also, almost in the same breath, complained about not wanting to get involved in that. Everyone always expects there to be some spectacularly obvious scum-slip that will be made if we just wait long enough. News flash: D1 ends in a townie lynch the majority of the time for a reason. Instead of wasting time waiting for nothing to happen, we can cut through the bullshit to the heart of the game. We've got lurkers who are getting away with lurking simply because of the fact that it's D1 and there isn't anything to go on. There is, no doubt, more scum within the group that didn't actually participate within that discussion than there is in those who did. Problem is, I can't read what I can't read, if you catch my drift. So what do I do? I make the best of what I've got, I find a case in it, and I go with that to get us out of this stupid D1 phase, and hopefully the game will pick up just in case I was wrong about my D1 choice, which, statistically, I will be, regardless of how much I hope I'm not.

Also, as the clock winds down and a move is still being thought over, a player tends to make either a panicky move, or a stroke-of-luck intuitive move. The intuitive move could always have been performed far earlier, but they didn't take it until doing a mental coin flip at the last second.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:56 pm

Post by Fate »

Everyone that's posted on this page is town.
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:20 pm

Post by popsofctown »

i c wut u did thar
"Well, I..."
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:45 pm

Post by Kdub »

Vote Count

Chronopie (0)
-
Dry-fit (0)
-
Bunnylover (0)
-
PranaDevil (1)
- Katsuki
bristep123 (0)
-
Nero Cain (12)
- diddin, mothrax, Fate, Antihero, GhostWriter, Chronopie, bill1148, Iecerint, PranaDevil, Fritzler, Maemuki, vezokpiraka
Iecerint (0)
-
vezokpiraka (0)
-
Katsuki (0)
-
Meransiel (0)
-
popsofctown (0)
-
ender241 (0)
-
Jedo the Jedi (4)
- Meransiel, Untrod Tripod, Bunnylover, Riceballtail
diddin (5)
- Dry-fit, LynchMePls, Jedo the Jedi, DeathRowKitty, Nero Cain
mothrax (0)
-
Riceballtail (0)
-
Antifinity (1)
- popsofctown
LynchMePls (0)
-
Untrod Tripod (0)
-
Maemuki (0)
-
Fritzler (0)
-
bill1148 (0)
-
GhostWriter (0)
-
Fate (2)
- ender241, Antifinity
DeathRowKitty (0)
-
Antihero (0)
-
No Lynch (0)
-
Not Voting (1)
- bristep123

26 votes available, 14 votes needed to lynch.

Deadline is April 11, ~ 11 pm PDT.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:22 pm

Post by popsofctown »

GhostWriter wrote:If you'd like to compare this to chess, you're using the wrong spectrum of the game. This isn't the end, it's the beginning.

Furthermore, the game is stagnating. You complained about the fact that there was a period of time where we nit-picked over the smallest things. You also, almost in the same breath, complained about not wanting to get involved in that. Everyone always expects there to be some spectacularly obvious scum-slip that will be made if we just wait long enough. News flash: D1 ends in a townie lynch the majority of the time for a reason. Instead of wasting time waiting for nothing to happen, we can cut through the bullshit to the heart of the game. We've got lurkers who are getting away with lurking simply because of the fact that it's D1 and there isn't anything to go on. There is, no doubt, more scum within the group that didn't actually participate within that discussion than there is in those who did. Problem is, I can't read what I can't read, if you catch my drift. So what do I do? I make the best of what I've got, I find a case in it, and I go with that to get us out of this stupid D1 phase, and hopefully the game will pick up just in case I was wrong about my D1 choice, which, statistically, I will be, regardless of how much I hope I'm not.

Also, as the clock winds down and a move is still being thought over, a player tends to make either a panicky move, or a stroke-of-luck intuitive move. The intuitive move could always have been performed far earlier, but they didn't take it until doing a mental coin flip at the last second.
We're not even at deadline deadline where we have to worry about time becoming a concern. And you can lose chess in two moves , not that you should nitpick at pat's of my analogy when I know you understand it, you know what I'm saying, and simply disagree for understandable reasons.

I'm not saying longer day ones have accurate lynches, I'm saying longer day ones have more accurate lynches.
"Well, I..."
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:31 am

Post by LimMePls »

popsofctown wrote:
LynchMePls wrote:
Sorry everyone, but I need V/LA for the next day, maybe 2. Pretty swamped. I'll post ASAP.
C8) I will try to prod players when they have not posted for 5 days. Players may also request prods on other players. All prods will be announced in thread.
Someone cares about how we perceive their activity level. V/LA for a day? Really? I can sleep for a whole day. On a tree branch. In the snow.
I posted it in every game I was in, without regards to the activity deadlines for those games. I was also just coming off a weekend of not posting in any of those games, so it was really more like 4 days without posting.

But don't let the facts get in the way of a cheap smear.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:42 am

Post by LimMePls »

bristep123 wrote:Re-reading the thread Vezo seems really scummy. 7 posts with 5 of them being a change of vote, and none of those votes have been backed up with much argument.

unvote
because Jedo is not scum from the vibe I'm getting.
If you're calling someone scummy, and in the same post unvoting someone else, WHY AREN'T YOU VOTING THE PERSON YOU JUST CALLED SCUM? Why just unvote and leave it off?

Also, Vezo does this every game regardless of alignment. He wagon hops like a rabbit on cocaine.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:13 am

Post by popsofctown »

LynchMePls wrote:
popsofctown wrote:
LynchMePls wrote:
Sorry everyone, but I need V/LA for the next day, maybe 2. Pretty swamped. I'll post ASAP.
C8) I will try to prod players when they have not posted for 5 days. Players may also request prods on other players. All prods will be announced in thread.
Someone cares about how we perceive their activity level. V/LA for a day? Really? I can sleep for a whole day. On a tree branch. In the snow.
I posted it in every game I was in, without regards to the activity deadlines for those games. I was also just coming off a weekend of not posting in any of those games, so it was really more like 4 days without posting.

4 days? Still. Just take a prod, especially in the case of this sea of white noise called Square Enix Mafia.
"Well, I..."
Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:50 am

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

GhostWriter wrote:Couple things, Jedo. First, I'm gonna need some example of what you see as legit scumhunting on his part. Second, I do agree, Diddin should be looked at. Tomorrow.
I was thinking of Fritz and Merans. It's not like building strong cases, but he did see things which felt off and pursue them. Maybe it's not "legit," but it is enough for me to think him town.
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

"Mafia is defined as an informed minority vs. an uninformed majority."

V/LA weekends. Posts then are the exception rather than the rule.
Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:52 am

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

I forgot to just include this in the previous post: I land between pops and GW on this lynch/deadline thing. I say give it a week and see if anything new comes out, otherwise just drop the hammer and let's move on. I agree we are losing some to lurking and a lynch would draw them back, but I also don't think we should rush ahead. *shrug*
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

"Mafia is defined as an informed minority vs. an uninformed majority."

V/LA weekends. Posts then are the exception rather than the rule.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:19 am

Post by LimMePls »

popsofctown wrote:
LynchMePls wrote:
popsofctown wrote:
LynchMePls wrote:

4 days? Still. Just take a prod, especially in the case of this sea of white noise called Square Enix Mafia.
I see, so I'm supposed to "just take a prod", rather than be respectful to everyone and announce if I'm going to be absent an extended period of time? No, I don't think so.

V/LA on weekends
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:43 am

Post by Fate »

awww there goes the all town streak postings
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:56 am

Post by Meransiel »

Fate wrote:Everyone that's posted on this page is town.
:D
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:58 am

Post by Meransiel »

LynchMePls wrote:

unvote
If you're calling someone scummy, and in the same post unvoting someone else, WHY AREN'T YOU VOTING THE PERSON YOU JUST CALLED SCUM? Why just unvote and leave it off?
I hate the irrelevance of this argument almost as much as I have how often it is used.
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:59 am

Post by Meransiel »

*I hate how often it is used
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:37 am

Post by LimMePls »

Why is it irrelevant? If you have valid scumspects what purpose does an unvote without a different vote serve?

V/LA on weekends
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:52 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

/picks up prod

rereading, then posting
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:55 am

Post by Meransiel »

LynchMePls wrote:Why is it irrelevant? If you have valid scumspects what purpose does an unvote without a different vote serve?
Analyzing the game better, dunno. Fact is, a lot of people do this. A lot of people get
lynched
for doing this. And I find it stupid and sad.
Antifinity
Antifinity
Goon
Antifinity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:30 am

Post by Antifinity »

If this:
GhostWriter wrote:Thus why I'd like for this lynch to hurry up and proceed so that we have some wagon analysis to use to get the rest of you into the game.
Why this?
GhostWriter wrote:I will give you this: I did not like Diddin's jump off of the wagon.
If you just want to lynch absolutely anyone, why hate on 1st day wagon hoppers?
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:35 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Meransiel wrote:
LynchMePls wrote:Why is it irrelevant? If you have valid scumspects what purpose does an unvote without a different vote serve?
Analyzing the game better, dunno. Fact is, a lot of people do this. A lot of people get
lynched
for doing this. And I find it stupid and sad.
Even if it was a valid tell on this site (which it isn't) it's not on bristep as he's come here from another forum that we play Mafia on, where, for some inexplicable reason, everyone thinks it's anti-town to not have your vote doing something at all points in the game, preferring instead to not vote at all until they actually want to lynch someone. Leading to rushed lynches at the last minute as nobody knows where anyone elses vote may be going, no ability to read wagons, and no chance for players to claim their role and perhaps judge things based off that. As by that point it's too late.

Now, that being said, he could still be scum, but his unvote isn't a reason to suspect him at this stage.
bill1148
bill1148
Goon
bill1148
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:47 am

Post by bill1148 »

ender241 wrote:
I don't know if it's "scum-fate" but i know for sure it isn't "town-fate".
The fuck? If someone isn't Town then they're scum.
Riceballtail wrote:
vezokpiraka wrote:
unvote
vote nero

L-2.
You mind possibly giving some kind of information here? All I see is wagonhopping scum.
...Who are you again?

unvote
You might as well have voted for vezok if you think that. Not voting is a scum-tell.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”