Open 279 - Rusty Guillotine Mafia - Game Over!

AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:41 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Guess I'm insane then, hhhehehehhehAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

But actually, why not?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:42 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Do you really think you're getting hardcore mindtricked by VPB?

It's pretty embarrassing for you if you are.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:46 pm

Post by Fate »

VPB isn't MINDTRICKING ME because he's fucking TOWN. But saying bullshit like "They;re either scum together OR town together" is just too dumb for scum.

Its more along the lines of your "LOL IS POUT NONSENSE CAUZ MY READS ARE FAIL." The fuck was the last time you were RIGHT about my alignment? Plus the fact that if you get a mislynch on me and I flip town, you cant TOUCH VP for the rest of the game=AGM town.

SO stop being an idiot, you've had your vote on me for YEARS, Glados said I was likely scum WITH RED which was the crux of his case, SO HELP ME FUCKING BUS RED. I DONT CARE IF I HAVE TO DIE AFTERWARD DUE TO BULLSHIT CONNECTIONS.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:02 pm

Post by zoraster »

I call bullshit on all this "well if X is scum then Y must be town" thing. I don't mean it's totally irrelevant, but I don't think it should be the controlling factor in our decisions.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:30 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Fate wrote:VPB isn't MINDTRICKING ME because he's fucking TOWN. But saying bullshit like "They;re either scum together OR town together" is just too dumb for scum.
How is it "too dumb for scum?" It's a relevant observation. You two are operating as an incredibly close unit, and you are both too good to get played as hard as you are right now if it's a scum/town combo. So it's either scum/scum or town/town.
Fate wrote:The fuck was the last time you were RIGHT about my alignment?
The last time I can recall being majorly wrong about you being scum (e.g., actually actively campaigning for your lynch) was mothrax's game, which was a giant joke anyway because you were acting scummy on purpose just to fuck with Hoopla. I've been content to call you town plenty of times ... Mordor, Brotherhood ... etc. So I don't really know where you're trying to go with this.

This entire BLAH BLAH doesn't actually answer my question AT ALL, which is "why not?" All you is "too dumb for scum," which doesn't mean anything.
Fate wrote:SO stop being an idiot, you've had your vote on me for YEARS, Glados said I was likely scum WITH RED which was the crux of his case, SO HELP ME FUCKING BUS RED. I DONT CARE IF I HAVE TO DIE AFTERWARD DUE TO BULLSHIT CONNECTIONS.
We can worry about RC tomorrow. Right now, we should lynch you.
zoraster wrote:I call bullshit on all this "well if X is scum then Y must be town" thing. I don't mean it's totally irrelevant, but I don't think it should be the controlling factor in our decisions.
Maybe you missed the setup of this game ... the part where Hito spent months concocting it, cradling it like his firstborn baby through the open queue, and inviting people he liked to play. The delayed flips aren't here for the LULZ. They exist because they are designed to encourage strategic focus on identifying scumgroups instead of just trololololynching whoever happens to be scummiest on one particular day. To win this game, we need to DIVIDE AND CONQUER in order to maximize our chances of hitting scum, not just spray all over the place onto whoever the fuck Fate thinks is scum.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:32 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

/inb4 you link to stupid outdated games from a year ago
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:28 pm

Post by Vigilante Ventriloquist »

I'm back!

VP's recent posting doesn't really make sense from scum. Or at least isn't scummy. One of the two.

Fate....is officially confusing me now. (I finished reading day 1, btw). I originally thought he was town, saw his day 2 play and thought he was scum, read his day 3 posts and thought he sounded ridiculously genuine, but now that I've looked back at day 1, I honestly have no idea why I thought he was town in the first place. I already commented on his first half of day 1 and his second half of day 1 was completely weak.

And here I am probably back to Concission-Fate-? SD would fit nicely there with Fate going hardcore to get AGM lynched day 2, but I don't know.

Pre-post Edit: Did I really get ninja'd by a post from an hour ago? I forgot about this post for longer than I thought...
"I WANNA lynch Vigilante Ventriloquist for being annoying enough to be a Reaper Charlie alt" -GreyICE

"Vig, go die in a hole now Please before I kill you myself." -The Acting Method
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:31 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

VV wrote:And here I am probably back to Concission-Fate-? SD would fit nicely there with Fate going hardcore to get AGM lynched day 2, but I don't know.
Which is why Fate wants to get RC lynched NOW. He realizes that after SD flips scum, the whole AGM-RC conspiracy theory is going out the window.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:33 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

VPB 1469 wrote:at least if you thought one of Fate and I were town there would have been some town motivation to your actions (however stupid those were). The fact that you're calling us both scum really makes laugh at how bad of a scum game you're playing here though. you wouldn't catch me buddying someone that hard and you most certainly wouldn't see Fate doing it.
You don't respond to any of my arguments, and, instead, prefer to try and WIFOM your way out of the situation. VPB, do you honestly think you'd convince me, or anyone, with an argument like, "I wouldn't act this way as scum"? I've heard enough. Just stop. Your desperation is just making you sound condescending now.

Something needs to be said here, because you're acting very short-sighted in your rebuttals, regardless of your alignment. Read my comment below.

---
zora 1478 wrote:I call bullshit on all this "well if X is scum then Y must be town" thing. I don't mean it's totally irrelevant, but I don't think it should be the controlling factor in our decisions.
Thank you. This is the most sane thing I've heard from someone other than me. VPB and Fate are not confirmed squat. Anyone can say, "let's be bros", including two scum. Period.

Newsflash: Mafia is fluid. It seems like I'm the only one ever to be pointing this out to people. Most people think that the game is this static creature, but it's very much not. You don't line up lynches. There is no fate in the game of Mafia (at least when we're talking mountainous).

I could want a VPB lynch today and I could totally do a 180 on Fate tomorrow. Or vice versa. I've said that I think they're both scum, but you haven't ever found me guarantee anything. I don't make those kind of promises. Townies
can't
make those kinds of promises. At one point I thought the scum were Ythill, Sim, and Concission.

If you would've told me at the end of D1 that Concission would eventually be in my top two as far as town reads go, I'd have laughed at that. Yes, there's something to be said for relationships. The game is built on analyzing these relationships. Just don't be so arrogant (VPB, AGM, Fate, this goes for all three of you) to think that X is confirmed
anything
based on someone else's flip. It changes probabilities, absolutely, but that's all it changes.

---
AGM 1479 wrote:The delayed flips aren't here for the LULZ. They exist because they are designed to encourage strategic focus on identifying scumgroups instead of just trololololynching whoever happens to be scummiest on one particular day. To win this game, we need to DIVIDE AND CONQUER in order to maximize our chances of hitting scum, not just spray all over the place onto whoever the fuck Fate thinks is scum.
Listen, AGM, I'm not being critical of you personally. I'm not being critical of the setup either. Hell, I agree with your reads. I think you're being naive though, because, as you said yourself, Fate could be being "mindtricked". It happens to the best of us. And if Fate and VPB want to argue that they've never been fooled before ever in Mafia, they're freaking lying to you. Fate is using the same exact argument on you. He's saying that I'm "mindtricking" you. In reality, I'm trying to play Mafia and I'm trying to scumhunt. I'm doing so without the level of arrogance that you guys are showing here.

Again, I'm not going to sit here and say that relationships don't make a difference. They make a heck of a difference. But so do posts. So do slips. So do flips. So do night actions. So do people who change their mind. If Fate up and said, "Ugh, maybe I need to take another look at this", I'm not going to sit here and say, "TOO LATE. U AND VPB 4 LYFE. I'LL LOSE BEFORE I DAMAGE MY PRIDE".

It's a complete mental game here. The entire thing. Everyone is trying to manipulate everyone else. I know this it coming off as philosophical, but that's my intention.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:00 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Jarti and LuckayLuck have been prodded.

Vote Count #50

RedCoyote: Fate, cypto, VP Baltar (L-3)
VP Baltar: Jarti, RedCoyote, Concission (L-3)
Fate: AlmasterGM
Jarti: LuckayLuck
AlmasterGM: zoraster
Vigilante Ventriloquist:
VP Baltar

Not voting:
zoraster
, Shadow Dancer, Vigilante Ventriloquist,
Concission

On guillotine:
Shadow Dancer

Deadline is on March 28th, 2011, at 5:00 PM central time.

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to end the day immediately.

With no new votes until deadline, RedCoyote will be placed on guillotine.

"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
LuckayLuck
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
You're a townie

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:00 am

Post by LuckayLuck »

LuckayLuck wrote:
Jarti wrote:ISO 12
Which post is this?
?
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:33 am

Post by zoraster »

...that's your response to being prodded?
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:03 am

Post by Fate »

1483 is the scummiset and most ELABORATE way to say "I reserve the right to change my reads at all times, whenver the fuck I want, and take no hard stances on anything."

Also notice the DEJA VU of "WOW ZORASTER IS CONFIRMED TOWN? EVERYTHING HE SAYS IS AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" same as yesterday with GlaDoS.

RC is being such a cheeky fucking scumbag. "I can use long posts and logic to justify my scumplay. I won't even buddy town players, JUST confirmed ones. hehehhehe"

Fucking lynch it with fire.
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:11 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

@RC - Why will you lynch VPB but not Fate?

In other news, if the team isn't VPB/Fate, LL is ABSOLUTELY scum. That prod dodge was fucking hilarious.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:13 am

Post by Fate »

VPB+SD+FATE

Yeah NEITHER of us bussed SD?

Seriously, to say that
I, FUCKING FATE
didn't bus a scumbuddy is one thing that can be written off with "meta is weak. Fate tries different things. w/e"

but to say that NEITHER OF THE SCUM REMAINING TRIED TO GET ANY FUCKING POINTS BY LYNCHING SD SCUM

IS.

FUCKING.

LUDICROUS.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:23 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Which is why you would do it.

I forget the exact quote, but it was something along the lines of, "it's very difficult for the town to when when scum aren't actively bussing."

And that would be DOUBLY true if the two scum were extremely strong town leaders, like you and VPB are.

Also, so you could make the exact argument you JUST made above. It's professional level distancing.

But even if I'm totally wrong about that, lynching RC is still the wrong play.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:26 am

Post by Fate »

You're damn right it would've been IMPOSSIBLE to get SD lynched if there was no scum involvement.

You think YOUR play was so good this game to justify having TWO SCUM on your wagon and STILL avoiding the noose in favor of a scumbag?

Dense. Fucking. Town.

I WOULD NOT NOT BUS A SCUMBUDDY JSUT TO PLAY THE "WHY WOULD I" CARD.

I WOULD HAVE DESTROYED SD DAY ONE. DAY FUCKIN ONE. IVE BEEN SCUM WITH HIM BEFORE AND IT WAS EVERYTHING I COULD DO TO NOT BACKSLAP HIM INTO REPLACING OUT.

THATS WHY HES PROBABLY TOWN THIS GAME.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:28 am

Post by Fate »

Sorry forgot this part, for a second I thought you were capable of thinking on higher than a third grade level:

It would have been IMPOSSIBLE to get SD lynched if there was no scum involvement.

ERGO IF HE WAS SCUM THERE WAS BUSSING. IF HE WAS TOWN THERE WAS SCUMLYNCHINZ.

VPB AND FATE ARE NOT THE SCUM YOU ARE LOOKING FOR.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:29 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

So SD is town.

RC's scum.

Who are the other two scum?
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:29 am

Post by Fate »

OH SILLY ME HERE I THOUGHT YOU READ THE GAME
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:30 am

Post by Fate »

Fate wrote:
Vote: Jarti

Fuck it. Just fucking fuck it. I don't even remember the last time he said anything of value.

SD;s flip is pretty crucial at the moment.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:30 am

Post by Fate »

Fate wrote:The third scum is always an enigma till LyLo. So it goes
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:31 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

I am reading the game but it makes no sense.

You just called a me/RC/Jarti scumteam on Sunday.

But now you're all like "wooololol AGM is dumbtown," when i really haven't done much since then other than maintain my position that you are scum, which I've had for WEEKS ON END.

So please clarify your reads, thanks.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:31 am

Post by Fate »

AND ONE MOREBONUS QUESTION:

You said some horseshit along the lines of "DONT LET GLADOS DIE IN VAIN"

You are currently Zoaraster CONFTOWN's top suspect.

HOW DOES THAT FUCKIN FEEL?

WHY DONT YOU VOTE VPB BASED OFF YTHILLTOWNS READS?

HUH?
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:34 am

Post by Fate »

AlmasterGM wrote:I am reading the game but it makes no sense.

You just called a me/RC/Jarti scumteam on Sunday.

But now you're all like "wooololol AGM is dumbtown," when i really haven't done much since then other than maintain my position that you are scum, which I've had for WEEKS ON END.

So please clarify your reads, thanks.
You've spouted such crap with no other angles or thought processes that your play is SUICIDAL if scum. And its also got so many of the moronic HURRR DURRR I CAUGHT YOU FATE vibes of Mothrax's game (where I didn't play "scummy" just for fuckin funzies, Hoopla MADE me untunnel scum and make a craptastic stance on you)

That you're town.

Which means THE JURYS STILL OUT ON THE THIRD SCUM BUT I HAVE NO DOUBT ILL DISCOVER HIM WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT.

Which will probably be at an endgame of Fate/AGM/???? with you going LOLROFLCOPTERZ FATE SCUM YOU SHOLDA KILLED ME.

"I would have dumbass"

"TEHEHAHELPOLOOOO VOTE:FATE"

"quickhammer: Fate"

"Walp."

Return to “Completed Open Games”