Newbie 1079: Feed the Lynch Mob (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
pandabear
pandabear
Townie
pandabear
Townie
Townie

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:44 pm

Post by pandabear »

oh geez, we still have no consensus...I will be reading posts tomorrow afternoon and re-vote if need be but I'll be keeping my vote for now
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Post by Equinox »

Vote Count 1.09
Sn1pe29 (4) - Nachomamma8, tarsonisocelot, pandabear, GreyICE

Nachomamma8 (3) - Herodotus, Traveller, }|{opa
pandabear (1) - Sn1pe29
Traveller (1) - thil13

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

The deadline is Thursday, April 7, 2011, at 11:59 PM EDT (UTC-4).[/area]
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:04 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Competing wagons day 1! I am a happy, happy man.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:41 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

We've only got a couple of hours and we really should lynch someone. Will one of the nacho people please vote snipe?
DemonHybrid:Tarson literally took a phallus-shaped knife and fucked my brain with it near the end

My name is Celestia, Princess of Equestria:
Look on my works, ye Mighty and despair!
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:48 pm

Post by Herodotus »

I've already said I would if needed.
Tarson, if Sn1pe votes Nacho, they will both be at L-1. What would you think at that point?
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
Jora
Jora
Mafia Scum
Jora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:50 pm

Post by Jora »

Herodotus wrote:I've already said I would if needed.
I'm seconded that. All be fine.
Be
RED
or be dead. ☭
Jora is obv VT, if not, she is a Cop. Simple.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Nachomamma8 wrote:Taking a short break, then continuing.
Or not?

I still think Sn1pe29 is town, but it doesn't look like there's any other choice here, and there's less than 3 hours left.

VOTE: Sn1pe29

Hopefully I'm wrong, but either way, finding out what Sn1's alignment is should help in the future.
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:18 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Oh, and Thil13: it's pretty much mandatory to indicate a preference when there are two competing wagons. For the rest of the game, do that -- even if you're not ready to vote.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:20 pm

Post by Equinox »

Vote Count 1.10
Sn1pe29 (5) - Nachomamma8, tarsonisocelot, pandabear, GreyICE, Herodotus

Nachomamma8 (2) - Traveller, }|{opa
pandabear (1) - Sn1pe29
Traveller (1) - thil13

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

The deadline is Thursday, April 7, 2011, at 11:59 PM EDT (UTC-4).[/area]
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:23 pm

Post by Equinox »

The day seemed to drag on forever as the nine of them argued in the middle of the town square. By this time, a large crowd had gathered around, curious about the proceedings. In a way, they acted as guards to prevent the nine from leaving without any results to show for the job pushed upon them. As the sun began to set and the crickets began to chirp, everyone there began to lose interest. Fingers that once thrashed about fell to their owners' sides, listless. Voices that were once high and angry tapered off into an uncomfortable silence.

But who could blame them? These were their long-time neighbors, their beloved friends, who had known and supported each other for years. The mere thought that two of them were traitors inflicted emotional pain upon them all. However, deep down, they knew what they had to do. They needed to protect future generations of this town; the mafia needed to be eradicated.

It was dark when a noose was finally fashioned and tied from the giant oak tree in the center of the square. This old tree, planted when the town was first founded innumerable years ago, had seen everything in this town's history; now, it would participate. Choosing who would swing from the rope was harder, but the decision was made anyway. Five people agreed that Sn1pe29 was guilty. Five people grabbed him and strung him up.

Nothing happened. They expected Sn1pe29 to yell or scream or maybe even pull out his gun, but he didn't do anything. One person from the lynching mob stepped tentatively toward Sn1pe29, and, when nothing further happened, searched Sn1pe29's clothes. Something clattered to the ground, and the crowd gasped. With great trepidation, they all moved closer to see that it was...

...a pocketwatch. On the backside, the words "Most Upstanding Citizen of the Year" were engraved.

Sn1pe29,
townie
, was lynched on Day 1!

Night 1 begins now. The deadline is Sunday, April 10, 2011, at 9:25 PM EDT (UTC-4).
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:31 pm

Post by Equinox »

It took a while before }|{opa remembered what he intended to do at the town square. There were a few hours left before daybreak, but }|{opa felt impatient and wanted to investigate something that had been bothering him. He walked by the oak tree where the mob had lynched Sn1pe29. The place had been swept clean. The noose, however, remained, and }|{opa felt shivers run down his spine just looking at it; the events of that afternoon still haunted him.

He made his way behind the tree, and he knelt down to grab a small shovel that was kept at the base of the trunk. }|{opa glanced around quickly to make sure nobody was around, and he began to dig. Some moments later, the shovel hit something hard, and }|{opa dug around a bit to free the object. Out came a small locked box. He took out the key from one of his pockets and opened the box eagerly.

}|{opa did not find anything inside. More accurately put, he couldn't, for as soon as he had stuck the key into the lock, a bullet was lodged in the back of his neck. He hadn't even heard the footsteps of his killer or the small pop of a silenced gun. A gloved hand held }|{opa's head while the other grabbed the box from }|{opa's hands. Satisfied with the box's contents, the hands closed the box, and }|{opa slumped to the ground.

}|{opa,
townie
, was killed on Night 1!

Day 2 begins now.

Vote Count 2.00
Not Voting (7) - GreyICE, Herodotus, Nachomamma8, pandabear, tarsonisocelot, thil13, Traveller

With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch.

The deadline is Sunday, May 1, 2011, at 11:59 PM EDT (UTC-4).
tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:09 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

}|{opa was suspicious of Nacho, so if I were mafia trying to pin simething on Nacho I would kill him.
DemonHybrid:Tarson literally took a phallus-shaped knife and fucked my brain with it near the end

Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:27 pm

Post by Herodotus »

tarsonisocelot wrote:We've only got a couple of hours and we really should lynch someone. Will one of the nacho people please vote snipe?
Tarson, if Sn1pe votes Nacho, they will both be at L-1. What would you think at that point?
We can mostly assume that Sn1pe would have preferred to lynch Nacho rather than himself, since Sn1 was guaranteed (to himself) to be town, while Nacho might have been scum (as far as Sn1 knew.)
So if Sn1 had posted, he should have voted Nacho.
Which means that they each needed one person to change their mind.
In addition, I had already stated that I would hammer Sn1 if needed. So... why did you make this request?

I'd like the four people who wanted to lynch Sn1 to tell us which of you were most likely to be intentionally mislynching.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:52 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Herodotus wrote:
tarsonisocelot wrote:We've only got a couple of hours and we really should lynch someone. Will one of the nacho people please vote snipe?
We can mostly assume that Sn1pe would have preferred to lynch Nacho rather than himself, since Sn1 was guaranteed (to himself) to be town, while Nacho might have been scum (as far as Sn1 knew.)
In addition, I had already stated that I would hammer Sn1 if needed. So... why did you make this request?

I'd like the four people who wanted to lynch Sn1 to tell us which of you were most likely to be intentionally mislynching.
I don't have a scumread on Nacho, and that means that the two wagons were probably town/town. In those situations, I'd look more for people saying "well I could vote A or B" and then voting for a larger wagon, or not expressing much interest in the lynch. I'll look back and see, because those are exactly the sort of votes you forget.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:00 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

Herodotus wrote:

At the time, there were four people for lynching sn1pe and only 3 for Nacho. I didn't think about the point that sn1pe hadn't yet voted for a realistic target.
I wasn't intentionally mislynching but so far as i know any of the others could have been.
I need to reread the thread.

GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:49 am

Post by GreyICE »

Okay, Hero, I've looked at the wagon. If I had to choose the laziest vote on it, it'd be Tarsonis.

However I'm not inclined to look there because, as I said, I think both wagons are town. Panda/Sn1pe was (if my reads are correct) town/town, and the Nacho wagon was little better, so I think there was a lot of sholder-shrugging from the scum.

If I had to choose the worst vote, overall, it's Thil13. He seemed deliberately uninterested in having his vote on any viable lynch wagon yesterday. And that Traveller vote was miserable. Does anyone really think he's scum?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:49 am

Post by GreyICE »

Vote: Thil13
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
thil13
thil13
Goon
thil13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:10 am

Post by thil13 »

the traveller vote was from early on when people were suspicious of him. I just never bothered revoting/unvoting.
Give me three steps, gimme three steps, mister
Traveller
Traveller
Townie
Traveller
Townie
Townie

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:27 pm

Post by Traveller »

Two townies gone...the scum must be licking their chops. Nothing that has been posted yesterday or today has changed my mind. I still think that Nacho and Hero are most likely Mafiaosi.
Traveller
Traveller
Townie
Traveller
Townie
Townie

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:58 pm

Post by Traveller »

Vote: Nachomamma8
tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:04 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

Mod: Could you prod Nacho and pandabear please.

I sent PMs out to everyone at the start of the day. I can't prod until tomorrow. (Equinox)

thil13: What are you reads on people now? Yesterday you claimed to be null on everyone, has that changed? If so why and if not why not?

Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:29 am

Post by Herodotus »

Traveller wrote:Two townies gone...the scum must be licking their chops. Nothing that has been posted yesterday or today has changed my mind. I still think that Nacho and Hero are most likely Mafiaosi.
You think Nacho and I are a likely pair, with each other?

I'm currently feeling ill, so I'm not ready to put in a reread or anything.
Thil13: I'm not sure whether you're town or scum, but you've been playing in a way that doesn't get you involved in the game. When townies play that way, the town is sure to lose.
pandabear
pandabear
Townie
pandabear
Townie
Townie

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:10 am

Post by pandabear »

I don't have time to reread everything right now but this weekend I will. As for now, I think we should try and analyze votes on the Sn1pe wagon since it was easy for scums to follow on it with Sn1pe's lurky/passiveness.
GreyICE wrote:Okay, Hero, I've looked at the wagon. If I had to choose the laziest vote on it, it'd be Tarsonis.

However I'm not inclined to look there because, as I said, I think both wagons are town. Panda/Sn1pe was (if my reads are correct) town/town, and the Nacho wagon was little better, so I think there was a lot of sholder-shrugging from the scum.

If I had to choose the worst vote, overall, it's Thil13. He seemed deliberately uninterested in having his vote on any viable lynch wagon yesterday. And that Traveller vote was miserable. Does anyone really think he's scum?
I FOS tarsonis too but that first statement by GreyICE seemed really scummy. Saying tarsonis is the laziest vote on the wagon and then finding a reason to vote Thil seems fishy to me. Of course, GreyICE has been very townie so far, but something about that statement is off from his posts so far (again, I need to reread and will change my opinion later if need be).

@GreyICE why did you vote Thil13 and not tarsonis? If Thil13 was uninterested for a lynch wagon, does not necessarily mean he's scummy (in addition to the fact that Sn1pe flipped town)?

Also @everyone, I know we kind of talked about PRs before, but is it generally the case that PRs come out day3 to lead or now? And if not I guess we should assume there may not be PRs?
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:13 am

Post by GreyICE »

Because of hero's specific question: "I'd like the four people who wanted to lynch Sn1 to tell us which of you were most likely to be intentionally mislynching."

If I had to pick the most likely, due to the reasoning given with the vote, I'd say tarsonis.

If I guessed the most likely person to be scum overall, based on how much they seem to care where their vote and actions are going, it's Thil13. I get the impression that Thil13 just wants to drift by without attracting attention.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:08 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Herod wrote:Only a small part of that post was irrelevant/fluffish. You're misrepresenting.
But consider: what is the reason that scum post fluff? To look like they are participating in the game when they are not. Do you contend that I am not participating?
Scum post fluff in order to pad their posts and make their posts look more impressive. Do I think you did that with your opening post? Yes.
Herod wrote:It's not up to you to decide what's significant to everyone else, if someone wants to consider the number of games I've played or my preferred alignment as a factor in figuring out whether I'm town or mafia. One irony is that you've already used one of my answers, in a sense, when you commented that I've probably "replaced into plenty of games by now". (Though you already knew that because I replaced into our last game together.)
And correcting some players' misunderstanding of the rules is not outdated, when no one else corrected it.
What do you mean, it's not up for me to decide what's significant to everyone else? I grant you that fluff to some is content to others, but that doesn't mean I can't call out fluff where I see it. If someone disagrees with me as to whether your post is fluffy or not, then they will speak up. Your experience should be obvious by the join date and the custom title. I can announce that my username is Nachomamma8, I joined the site a couple years ago, and I'm a male, all which might be helpful information to some people, but it's not relevant because it's obvious.
Herod wrote:I explained in posts 146 and 147 that I was posting things out of order. I was making notes as I read; one of my notes was that on page 2, Traveller was my top suspect. Partway into page 4 I was suspicious enough of Sn1pe that I might have voted him before I finished catching up if there wasn't already a wagon. So I cut and pasted the relevant parts from my notes into post 146. The fact that Sn1 had just posted meant that they would have the opportunity to respond to what I wrote right away.
I was planning to finish my reread before posting the rest of my notes, but decided to take a break after page 4 and posted what I had up to that point.
Fair enough.
Herod wrote:What little you posted to me did not indicate that I was a suspect, but so what if it had? Townies should never be intimidated out of making a case on someone just because the other person asked them some questions or posted suspicion of them.
They shouldn't be afraid to, but that doesn't mean the other person won't have cause to be suspicious when it happens.
Herod wrote:I know it's more likely that you will get the mislynch of Sn1pe that you want than that you will be lynched today, but there are now three votes on you.
We can do this, and you should be afraid.
This was pretty cocky confidence about Snipe here.
But the point is that you were pushing the lynch of the IC only a little bit before deadline. Meaning that anything that occured would HAVE to be a quicklynch, and I wouldn't really have much of a chance to defend myself. It just read like a cheap shot to take out the competition, especially when the only other people on my wagon gave no reasoning whatsoever.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”