Newbie 1089: GAME OVER

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Jora
Jora
Mafia Scum
Jora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:42 am

Post by Jora »

@ I Am Innocent. Are you Catholic or Protestant?
Be
RED
or be dead. ☭
Jora is obv VT, if not, she is a Cop. Simple.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:08 am

Post by Sotty7 »

2nd Vote count of day one

:right:
I am Innocent: 3 (Trumpet of Doom, Kiari, RICO ACT)

Trumpet of Doom: 2 (Thian, McGriddle)
McGriddle: 2 (}|{opa, SigmaEXE003)
RICO ACT: 1 (Vino91)
Vino91: 1 (I Am Innocent

Not voting: 0 (No one)
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:01 am

Post by McGriddle »

Thian wrote: Questions:
1. Tell me about yourself, do you have any hobbies or interests?

2. What is your mafia experience on Mafiascum?

3. Why are you not mafia?

4. Are you lying about your previous answer?

5. Pick a Number please? One, Two or Three

6. Are you nervous about question 5? why or why not?
I completely missed this sorry Thian -.-*

1. I play CodBlops a lot, and I like to ride my long board.

2. I have played for like 2 years.

3. Because the Mafia is bad people.

4. Nope, they kill innocent people for drugs and other unnecessary reasons.

5. 1

6. Nope, because it has no meaning to whether or not I am scum :)

anything else?
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Vino91
Vino91
Townie
Vino91
Townie
Townie

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:53 am

Post by Vino91 »

Thian wrote:
Vino91 wrote:Kiari is blatantly avoiding answering simple questions and keeps trying to turn the questions around on Thian, which seems fairly scummy to me.
First you tell us, Kiari turning questions back on me is scummy Presuming you meant the "What are you hiding Kiari" question and her replying "what are YOU, hiding Thian"
I Am Innocent wrote:Vino91, what is the scummiest thing you have seen in this game so far.
Then, I am innocent asks
Vino91 wrote:What do you think is the scummiest thing so far, I Am Innocent?
Then you ask the same question Vino later on turning it back on I am innocent, in the same paragraph as the first quote I posted of yours Vino.

So, in this instance, would it be fair to say, you had done exactly what Kiari has done, and would that be scummy?
Good point, actually. That is why I'm an engineer and not a lawyer.

I would love to leave it at that but I feel that would be an admission of guilt, which I'm not, so here is an attempt at rebuttle: When I was referring to Kiari turning the questions back on you I was meaning the more "allegation" type questions such as "what are you hiding?", whereas, in this case I was simply trying to get his opinion on something, no implications or allegations involved.
Thian wrote:
Vino91 wrote:
I Am Innocent wrote:
Vino91 wrote:@I Am Innocent:

I'm very suspicious of this little skirmish going on between Kiari and Thian, however,
I'm still trying to decide which side of the fence I sit on
Not a big fan of the way you worded that statement.
What the saying means is that I am, as of yet, undecided as to which of the two I'm more willing to back as being more town until I have analysed the situation further.
Vino, what happens if I am town and Kiari is town? You seem pretty sure that one of us is scum. Why is that?
Yes, I haven't written off that possibility, that is why I said "more town", implying that both of you may still possibly be town.
I Am Innocent wrote:
Vino91 wrote:
I Am Innocent wrote:What attention? Three RVS votes because of my name? Are you kidding me?
They may be random, but its still attention is it not?
But why would I want to or have to deflect random attention?
I reckon any type of attention is pressurising to scum.
I Am Innocent wrote:
Vino91 wrote:
I Am Innocent wrote:Speaking of which, can you explain why you contradict yourself in those two posts:

1) I don't think it would have taken a rocket scientist to see where my focus was in the game
2) I'm still trying to decide which side of the fence I sit on
I don't believe there's any contradiction here. Prior to answering your question about what I believed to be the scummiest thing so far, I had only commented on two things in the game, the skirmish (as a whole) between Kiari and Thian (not whose side I was taking), and the fact that I thought Thian was hinting at the power roles to reveal themselves. So my focus was clearly on these two incidents, so this is where my suspicions would most probably lie. You were not involved in any of these incidents so you knew you were safe, at that point, of my suspicions. Essentially, you knew, that whatever I put down as the scummiest thing, would not include you.
Do you think if I asked that question to anyone else at that point in the game, that it would have included me?
No, but I think you thought asking me was fairly safe option to get the attention on Kiari and Thian. I feel I surprised you by noticing that it was strange that you were only asking one person.
I Am Innocent wrote:Guess which side it benefits more to not take stances. I'll give you a hint, it not the town side...
Someone (can't remember who) said early on that there was a correlation between day 1 durations and town victories, so why should I take a stance so early, with minimal evidence, and risk getting it wrong. Are you trying to rush me?
Thian
Thian
Goon
Thian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:36 am

Post by Thian »

Trumpet of Doom:
You've stated you have played a lot of games as town, yet only have been scum once or two times prior and that your scum play is horrible. Do you not think by playing town so much, it would be a lot easier to play scum because you know what town are looking for?
~I told you it was a bad idea to tell her she smelt like hot dogs!~
Games Completed
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:18 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

}|{opa wrote:@ I Am Innocent. Are you Catholic or Protestant?
Neither actually.
Vino91 wrote:
I Am Innocent wrote:Guess which side it benefits more to not take stances. I'll give you a hint, it not the town side...
Someone (can't remember who) said early on that there was a correlation between day 1 durations and town victories, so why should I take a stance so early, with minimal evidence, and risk getting it wrong. Are you trying to rush me?
Rush you into saying what is the scummiest thing you have seen as of Post X??? You were going back and forth on two players, and I wanted you to say as of Point X, I found this person more scummy because of this scummy thing.

If you ask me, as of the point I asked you, I have no problem saying that I think Thian was more scummy than Kiari. See it's not that hard. But either you are afraid to be backed into a corner, or you are afraid to make enemies, both of which hint scum.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
Vino91
Vino91
Townie
Vino91
Townie
Townie

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:34 am

Post by Vino91 »

I Am Innocent wrote:
Vino91 wrote:
Rush you into saying what is the scummiest thing you have seen as of Post X??? You were going back and forth on two players, and I wanted you to say as of Point X, I found this person more scummy because of this scummy thing.

If you ask me, as of the point I asked you, I have no problem saying that I think Thian was more scummy than Kiari. See it's not that hard. But either you are afraid to be backed into a corner, or you are afraid to make enemies, both of which hint scum.
Afraid of making enemies!? That's laughable considering I've openly shown my suspicion of the actions of three players so far.
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:17 am

Post by Trumpet of Doom »

Thian wrote:Trumpet of Doom:
You've stated you have played a lot of games as town, yet only have been scum once or two times prior and that your scum play is horrible. Do you not think by playing town so much, it would be a lot easier to play scum because you know what town are looking for?
Not in my experience, such as it is; maybe it would work like that for some players, but it hasn't for me. Feel free to compare my play in this game in which I was scum to these two games in which I was town. Difference in overall experience can't possibly be a factor in the difference in my quality of play, because I was in the town games at the same time as the scum game.

In other news:
RICO ACT wrote:
Vote: I am Innocent

I have a feeling he doesn't live up to his name this game, heh.
This does not feel like it comes from town. This feels like Rico is trying to phrase his justification for his random vote in such a way that if IAI is lynched/killed and flips town he can say it wasn't a serious vote, but if IAI is lynched and flips scum, he can say it was and try to invent some reason that he could have thought IAI was scum. I don't like it.

In fact:
Unvote: I Am Innocent
Vote: RICO ACT
Discretion is the better part of valor.
If I helped lynch you, you deserved it.

Retired from playing for the foreseeable future.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:06 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Vino91 wrote:Afraid of making enemies!? That's laughable considering I've openly shown my suspicion of the actions of three players so far.
Yet I notice your vote is not on any of the three players so far.

Talk <> Action
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
SigmaEXE003
SigmaEXE003
Goon
SigmaEXE003
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:30 am

Post by SigmaEXE003 »

Thian wrote: Sigma:
Thanks for your vote, would you tell us, what are you looking forward to most in this game besides winning of course.
Well, this being my first game on this forum, second game total, I think the things I'll learn here will probably be the most beneficial thing.

A random thing that bothered me was }|{opa's question of I am Innocent as to whether he was Catholic or Protestant. There are plenty of other non-Christian religions such as Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, etc. I'm not saying it's scummy, just ignorant.

As for ToD's accusation of RICO ACT, it's a fairly good point, but I wouldn't say one sentence is something to vote for someone over. It warrants suspicion, but not a vote, especially not at this early stage. I mean, you're more experienced than I am, so you may have your reasons, but it just seems a bit... How should I phrase this... rash.
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:36 pm

Post by McGriddle »

Trumpet of Doom wrote:
Thian wrote:Trumpet of Doom:
Not in my experience, such as it is; maybe it would work like that for some players, but it hasn't for me. Feel free to compare my play in this game in which I was scum to these two games in which I was town. Difference in overall experience can't possibly be a factor in the difference in my quality of play, because I was in the town games at the same time as the scum game.

In other news:
RICO ACT wrote:
Vote: I am Innocent

I have a feeling he doesn't live up to his name this game, heh.
This does not feel like it comes from town. This feels like Rico is trying to phrase his justification for his random vote in such a way that if IAI is lynched/killed and flips town he can say it wasn't a serious vote, but if IAI is lynched and flips scum, he can say it was and try to invent some reason that he could have thought IAI was scum. I don't like it.

In fact:
Unvote: I Am Innocent
Vote: RICO ACT
You know, I don't say this much, but I like this vote, it's kind of on the same play style level I use. Well done.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Jora
Jora
Mafia Scum
Jora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:08 pm

Post by Jora »

@ SigmaEXE003 Are you Judaist or Hinduist or Buddhist or Islamist or one of those creepy Hare Krishnas? May be the Children of the Atom? :)
[\quote="Sigma"]A random thing that bothered me was }|{opa's question of I am Innocent as to whether he was Catholic or Protestant.[quote]
Elementary, My Dear Sigma.
You see, most of them do not "going to _church_". Thats why I supposed I'mInno is Christian. And guess what branches of Christianity are dominant in the place where I'mInno is supposedly located?

@ I Am Innocent Baptist?
Be
RED
or be dead. ☭
Kiari
Kiari
Townie
Kiari
Townie
Townie

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:58 pm

Post by Kiari »

English is not your first language, is it Jora?

I also like the votes on RICO ACT. I don't have time to read now, but I agree with the ToD post that McG quoted.

Unvote; Vote: RICO ACT
(L-2 I believe. I could be wrong though)

If you put him at L-1 you'd better have a damn good reason.
Vino91
Vino91
Townie
Vino91
Townie
Townie

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:40 pm

Post by Vino91 »

I Am Innocent wrote:
Vino91 wrote:Afraid of making enemies!? That's laughable considering I've openly shown my suspicion of the actions of three players so far.
Yet I notice your vote is not on any of the three players so far.

Talk <> Action
Patience, I Am Innocent, patience.
Kiari wrote:English is not your first language, is it Jora?
Who's Jora?
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:01 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

}|{opa wrote:You see, most of them do not "going to _church_". Thats why I supposed I'mInno is Christian. And guess what branches of Christianity are dominant in the place where I'mInno is supposedly located?

@ I Am Innocent Baptist?
Mormon actually. Why the interest? You want me to have some missionaries sent to your house or something? :P
Vino91 wrote:Patience, I Am Innocent, patience.
I'll be waiting.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:05 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

}|{opa, who do you find scummiest at this moment?
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
Vino91
Vino91
Townie
Vino91
Townie
Townie

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:06 am

Post by Vino91 »

Kiari wrote:I also like the votes on RICO ACT. I don't have time to read now, but I agree with the ToD post that McG quoted.

Unvote; Vote: RICO ACT
(L-2 I believe. I could be wrong though)

If you put him at L-1 you'd better have a damn good reason.
Surely this logic is incorrect Kiari? Why would the person putting RICO ACT at L1 need more of a reason than you putting RICO ACT at L2?
Jora
Jora
Mafia Scum
Jora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:37 am

Post by Jora »

Jora it's me. I'm from Kazakhstan and live in Russia, so English is my third language, actually. At this moment I don't know much, I prefer to stay with my RV for little longer.

But... Kiari seducing me to vote...

VOTE: RICO ACT

Let him be with his family! Hamma, please.
Be
RED
or be dead. ☭
Vino91
Vino91
Townie
Vino91
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:56 am

Post by Vino91 »

This feels far too rushed for me, lets atleast give him a chance to respond.

UNVOTE: RICO ACT
Vino91
Vino91
Townie
Vino91
Townie
Townie

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:01 am

Post by Vino91 »

I feel far more strongly voting for I Am Innocent or Thian at this stage, I had suspicions of Thian from early on, so:

VOTE: Thian
SigmaEXE003
SigmaEXE003
Goon
SigmaEXE003
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:21 am

Post by SigmaEXE003 »

}|{opa wrote:@ SigmaEXE003 Are you Judaist or Hinduist or Buddhist or Islamist or one of those creepy Hare Krishnas? May be the Children of the Atom? :)

Elementary, My Dear Sigma.
You see, most of them do not "going to _church_". Thats why I supposed I'mInno is Christian. And guess what branches of Christianity are dominant in the place where I'mInno is supposedly located?
Actually, I myself am Protestant, but I do acknowledge the many other religions in the world.

I am Innocent never said anything about going to church, at least not anything I saw. The only mention of church I could find in this entire game besides yours was that he loved his church. Keep in mind the term 'church' can be used to describe not only a place of worship, but also a religious body. Put the two together, and it could have meant 'I love my religious group,' which is probably a characteristic of nearly every religious person out there.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:45 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Vino91 wrote:I'm very suspicious of this little skirmish going on between Kiari and Thian, however,
I'm still trying to decide which side of the fence I sit on
Vino91 wrote:I feel far more strongly voting for I Am Innocent or Thian at this stage,
I had suspicions of Thian from early on
, so:
These seem to contradict each other.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
Thian
Thian
Goon
Thian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:08 am

Post by Thian »

Vino, explain why you feel I am more scummy? What exactly ((besides a debate between Kiari and I)) has prompted you to feel I am more scummy than say, Mcgriddle who has not offered much in opening up? or }|{opa ? Who's line of questioning on religion at this point, I am trying to find relevancy with. Or Trumpet Of Doom who has offered more information on how to play mafia, than actually trying to scum hunt?

Are you not ready to question Kiari either Vino? What I don't understand Vino is, when you said you couldn't decide between Kiari and I which one is more town. The implication is at this point, that you believe one of us to be more scummy than the next. How can one be more town than another. you are either Town, or you are Scum. You can't really be MORE town. It's like sticking your hand in water. Once it's wet, its wet, it can't get more wet.

Also, I believe that when I am innocent had said that I am more scum than Kiari, he mentioned my name. you voted, because I am prompted you to do so, without giving proper reasoning behind it. A drive by voting so to speak.
~I told you it was a bad idea to tell her she smelt like hot dogs!~
Games Completed
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:51 am

Post by Trumpet of Doom »

SigmaEXE003 wrote:As for ToD's accusation of RICO ACT, it's a fairly good point, but I wouldn't say one sentence is something to vote for someone over. It warrants suspicion, but not a vote, especially not at this early stage. I mean, you're more experienced than I am, so you may have your reasons, but it just seems a bit... How should I phrase this... rash.
It's early in the game, so there's not a whole lot to work with. It's something specific I can point to and say, "This is why I think he's scummy," which I like because I'm not especially good at picking up on tells that occur over a period of time - things like active lurking, which is where you're posting but not really providing content. Plus, I'd argue it actually takes less to earn an early-game vote than a late-game one, just because there's less that's happened. (The amount of scumminess it should take to get you
lynched
, on the other hand, I'd guess stays about the same throughout the game, it just usually takes a while for any one playerslot to get up there.) If you have better reasoning for a vote right now, I'd love to see it.
Kiari wrote:If you put him at L-1 you'd better have a damn good reason.
}|{opa wrote:Kiari seducing me to vote...

VOTE: RICO ACT

Let him be with his family! Hamma, please.
...This is not a "damn good reason." This looks to me like an RVS reason and trying to pass off responsibility for what I can only assume was intended as a serious vote. If you have a more serious reason (like one based on something he did) for why you put Rico at L-1, I request that you give it; until then,
FOS: }|{opa.

@Vino: At L-2, there still has to be some cooperation to get a quickhammer. At L-1, it's easy for someone to post "vote: XYZ" (20 seconds later:) "...oh shit, that was the hammer? My bad guys." and you can't tell if it was deliberate or accidental. So anyone who hammers without asking for a claim or having a good reason not to wait is first on the next Day's suspect list.
(Also, notational nitpick: The reason it's written L-1 is because it's short for "lynch minus one.")

@IAI, post 71: I like the way you think.
Discretion is the better part of valor.
If I helped lynch you, you deserved it.

Retired from playing for the foreseeable future.
Jora
Jora
Mafia Scum
Jora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:38 pm

Post by Jora »

Trumpet wrote:This is not a "damn good reason." This looks to me like an RVS reason and trying to pass off responsibility for what I can only assume was intended as a serious vote. If you have a more serious reason (like one based on something he did) for why you put Rico at L-1, I request that you give it;
Did I said that it was a good reason? No. So, your assumption is wrong. Like I said I don't have any strong opinions yet. Since I see no difference whom to RV, why not to help a guy whose family needs him more than we need him here. Besides, I really dislike such kind of an excuses like he did. Usually it's a bad sign.

P.S. Also, putting someone to L-1 with RVS is funny. I surprised that you the only one who FoSed me and no one voted me so far.
Be
RED
or be dead. ☭

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”