Open 279 - Rusty Guillotine Mafia - Game Over!

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1800 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:43 am

Post by VP Baltar »

RC wrote:VPB, do you put any stock into the idea that, because LL's initial scumreads were so offbase, he may have taken that blow to his self-esteem a little hard?
Eh, that's one possibility, but I think he's also had more than enough time to dust himself off and get back in here. His only saving grace is being early on the SD wagon.

Look, I'm getting tired of arguing here. Maybe we should just lynch Fate because he's going to be a huge source of distraction until we do. I suppose it's better to spend a possible mislynch on him now than it is to have him in lylo with so many questions surrounding him. I'm willing to come over to Fate's wagon I think, but if he flips town then town needs to start listening to me tomorrow.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1801 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:08 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #63

Still searching for replacements for Maemuki and crypto. I will allow them to reclaim their slots if they return before any replacements volunteer.

Fate: Vigilante Ventriloquist, RedCoyote, AlmasterGM (L-2)
Vigilante Ventriloquist: Fate,
VP Baltar

Maemuki: Equinox
LuckayLuck: VP Baltar

Not voting:
crypto, Maemuki, LuckayLuck

On guillotine:
Equinox

There is currently no deadline. I will impose a new deadline when all slots are occupied.

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to end the day immediately.

With no new votes until deadline, Fate will be placed on guillotine.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1802 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:45 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Yeah, I've breezed through the crucial parts of this game again and I still cannot get over a Fate lynch. There's also really no point arguing over it, since everybody has their own reads and already thinks Fate is scum/not scum.

Lynch Fate today, we can talk about the other clowns tomorrow.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1803 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:45 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Chesskid3 replaces crypto. Welcome, chesskid!

A deadline will be instituted when a replacement for Maemuki is found.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1804 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:47 am

Post by chesskid3 »

hey
will read this tonight/tomorrow. Shouldn't take me that long to catch up, but if there's no objections I'd rather not do a huge long catchup post

if people want me to I will though.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #1805 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:49 am

Post by Fate »

Oh.
Good,
Lord,

Lynch me now please.

Ill
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1806 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:51 am

Post by Fate »

I'm scum I did it, I killed Ythill. I reverse bussed SD for pure WIFOM.

I called him town all day when he was posting. He was my role cop. I'm even making this post now as a las ditch wifom effort.

I'm guilty. I confess.

I just crashewd my bike again and ruined my chances at taking this new girl for a ride ever.

Just kill me
I don't want to see chesskid post

Just kill me.
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1807 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:27 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Did you crash the bike with the girl on board?
YOUR AD HERE

Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1808 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:15 pm

Post by Fate »

No, thankfully.

I was planning on asking her if she wanted to go for a ride since it'll be beautiful tomorrow, but now its just LOLDERPYOUCANTTRUSTME

I feel like shit.

Please VP, if I die you anyone let it be you.

Finish me
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1809 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:18 pm

Post by Equinox »

Fate wrote:Lynch me now please.
Don't do this, Fate.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1810 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:55 pm

Post by Fate »

I wontbe LyLo fodder. I fuckin refuse
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1811 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:25 pm

Post by Fate »

DID YOU FUCKS MISSED THE PART WHEN I CLAIMED SCUM?

COME

OUT

YOU

FUCKIN

COWARDS
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1812 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:25 pm

Post by Fate »

Fate wrote:I'm scum I did it, I killed Ythill. I reverse bussed SD for pure WIFOM.
Fate wrote:I'm scum I did it, I killed Ythill. I reverse bussed SD for pure WIFOM.
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1813 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:12 am

Post by Vigilante Ventriloquist »

I called him town all day when he was posting. He was my role cop. I'm even making this post now as a las ditch wifom effort.

I'm guilty. I confess.

I just crashewd my bike again and ruined my chances at taking this new girl for a ride ever.

Just kill me
I don't want to see chesskid post

Just kill me.
All WIFOM aside, this needs to die.

Looking forward to chesskid's post....not just because Fate doesn't want it >_>
"I WANNA lynch Vigilante Ventriloquist for being annoying enough to be a Reaper Charlie alt" -GreyICE

"Vig, go die in a hole now Please before I kill you myself." -The Acting Method
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #1814 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:22 am

Post by Equinox »

I had a dream last night where I somehow had strong town reads on everyone except Vigilante Ventriloquist, and Vigilante Ventriloquist was the last scum. I woke up thinking I'd solved the game in my sleep, but then I remembered that there were two scum left. Sigh.
LuckayLuck wrote:1) Fate is scum because last game day, in a game day in which the scenario of Shadow Dancer's alignment was paramount, Fate did not bring it up until the very last moment of the last game day. This led to a lynch that was, on hindsight (of knowing Shadow Dancer's alignment) extremely terrible.
My impression from reading straight through was that he didn't wait until the last minute; he was fairly open about it. I'll add that Fate posted like he believed in a Shadow Dancer-town read, as well.

Also, Vigilante Ventriloquist, you need to answer me this if you're going to defend Maemuki's slot:
Equinox wrote:Vigilante Ventriloquist, why would town try to rush the end of Day 3 when Shadow Dancer was on guillotine?
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1815 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:47 am

Sorry, didn't see that the first time.

There's no reason town wouldn't rush a day. There's specific reason for scum to want to, but that doesn't mean only scum would.

This being said, my town read on that slot is purely from Jarti. Maemuki didn't contribute much and what she did contribute was pretty bad.
"I WANNA lynch Vigilante Ventriloquist for being annoying enough to be a Reaper Charlie alt" -GreyICE

Vigilante Ventriloquist
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1816 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:57 am

Actually, tbh, I haven't checked to see how Maemuki would work as scum with Fate....it will be done.

Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1817 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:43 am

Post by Fate »

TBH MAYBE YOU SHOULD BURN ALL YOUR READS NOW BECAUSE THEY"LL BE FUCKIN USELESS SOON ENOUGH
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1818 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:56 am

Let's talk about ponies and unicorns and rainbows. But mostly ponies and unicorns. Rainbows can get all sciency.

My favorite ponies and unicorns are pink. How about yours?

Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1819 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:56 am

Post by Fate »

^OH SO THIS FUCK IS TOWN AS HELL IS HE?

YOU BLINDFOLD WEARING FUCKS
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1820 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:16 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I agree that VV is scummy as shit. he's done next to nothing today and is waiting for a Fate lynch. That's what I don't like about this entire Fate wagon. It feels so damned lazy and dirty.

VV and LL still feel like superior lynches to me.
YOUR AD HERE

Vigilante Ventriloquist
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1821 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:37 am

Won't even talk about ponies and unicorns with me? Ouch. That went right through my heart.

^ like that

I don't feel the need to ramble on about how scummy Fate is. Arguments for why he's scum have been brought up and repeated over and over. Does it not even occur to you that Fate, who, up until late day 2 said I was town, has suddenly decided that everything I post is scummy? Do you honestly believe he suddenly had such a revelation that he had been missing the scumminess in every single post I ever make? Seriously. You can talk all you want about "oh, Fate does this as town!" or "nah, Fate doesn't do that as scum!", but in the end, it's just a pile of useless WIFOM. He's even stooped so low as to say he can't be scum because his awesome scum plan is to bus bus bus every time. If he's really as awesome at scum as he's saying, he knows that you don't try the same damn thing every time because after a while,
people start to catch on

So there. Is that enough about Fate?

Now Fate, what color unicorns do you like?

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1822 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:51 am

Post by VP Baltar »

My point isn't that there isn't enough about Fate. My point is that you are resting easy waiting for his lynch, not trying to figure out if it's the right lynch or who else could be scum. That's how scum coast generally.
YOUR AD HERE

Vigilante Ventriloquist
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1823 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:56 am

I had plenty of time to be unsure or to question this lynch. I've had too long to question it and I'm not questioning whether or not it's right to lynch obvious scum anymore.

Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #1824 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:51 pm

Post by Equinox »

I like ponies.

Anyway...
Vigilante Ventriloquist wrote:There's no reason town wouldn't rush a day.
Sure, there is. I don't know about you, but I love to hear from people on the guillotine. (Never mind that I'm said person right now and like to hear myself talk.) The information they provide is invaluable. I wouldn't have tried to rush Day 3 even if the tracker was alive and tracked a scumbag to a dead body; I'd want to hear what Shadow Dancer had to say first. Instead, Jarti voted at the start of the day and whined, "Can we just end the day already?" Multiple times. If that's not scum play, I don't know what is.
Vigilante Ventriloquist wrote:Actually, tbh, I haven't checked to see how Maemuki would work as scum with Fate....it will be done.
I thought I was scum with Fate...?

Return to “Completed Open Games”