Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:16 am

Post by Thor665 »

That's a lurking wagon though, yes? Bleh - you guys are just trying to deny me getting a reaction out of Sudo, aren't you?

We also have Oman's 5 votes = near L-1 when lynch is 10 votes insanity that still involves Sudo as a person of interest.

NS is now a lurker wagon that just sprang to L-2 in a matter of moments. People seem too happy there, consequently I am not happy with it. I'm going back to look at where that thing came from and will have thoughts later tonight.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:27 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

NS is just at 5 votes. Seems like Oman's not the only one with problems in that regard.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:35 am

Post by SocioPath »

Everyone is talking about me, but no one is voting for me.
How is THAT for wagon analysis.

Its like the 3 stooges here all trying to go thru the same doorway.
All it takes is one at a time, people.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:26 am

Post by Thor665 »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:NS is just at 5 votes. Seems like Oman's not the only one with problems in that regard.
Good point. Me am fail.

@Socio - that's actually IIoA. You need to draw a conclusion before it's analysis.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:28 am

Post by Plum »

Having some knowledge of gamestate (most of the DH denouement, anyway), I'll parse.

Xine sounds just like herself.
chkflip wrote:Papa, I seem to recall Punkin and Fate giving their opinions without being asked, as well, but let's not persecute everyone for being so forthcoming.

DH, why is Zito scum?
Dislike this post; the first bit doesn't address Zito's point about Chk's opinion being actively defending DH, and the last question seems a little herp-derp considering the way the Zito/Chk discussion had been going and the matter under discussion (DH).
Zorblag wrote:Good day everyone. I think everyone here knows me well enough that it won't be an issue but just in case someone doesn't you should all assume that when someone starts referring to Troll they'll be talking about me.

So this setup is slow (too few ways for people to die for the size of the game) and scum favored (even in the best possible setups for town the scum team is too powerful just by their size in this setup.) The last time I played it I got mod killed as scum because of a combination of the BaM ruleset and the fact that I didn't have to do anything to stay out of the spotlight in the early game given the number of players. I don't have that motive this time around as I'm town; I'm also going to actively advocate a lynch all lurkers policy from the start as I highly suspect that, even given this player list, at least one scum (and probably more) will try to lurk their way to victory. Do me a favor and don't let them blend in with a crowd of town lurkers.

VOTE: AGar for being the first one, alphabetically by user name, not to have posted since day one started.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
We'll see how this promise holds up, but I'm holding Troll to Bastion-of-Towniness standards until further notice. However
that
goes discriminating pressure on and/or lynches of lurkers is probably viable and good.

Wait. Hold on.
DemonHybrid wrote:I don't like Trolls first post.
Zorblag wrote:@DemonHybrid, then you should do something about that. It wasn't made it to have people like it. It was made to let people know where I stand on this game and this setup.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
DemonHybrid wrote:Just stating my opinion. Too busy voting for Papa Zito right now.
Few posts with discussion of lurker lynches but no posts by either PZ or LlamaFluff, then:
chkflip wrote:UNVOTE: Papa Zito
VOTE: Llamafluff

For participating in any game save this one, today.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: chkflip
LlamaFluff wrote:
Cyberbob wrote:its that he posted an non game related post and didnt comment on the non-random type things that had been happening imo
We have a winner. Someone at L-4 on page three with a serious wagon is something worth commenting on.
Fair point in general but depends on the person in question. Unsure about Sudo's scum-mindset but will give this points.
chkflip wrote:Minus the three that haven't posted as well as myself from the player list:

1. Punkin - has skimmed the surface and given opinions. Null.
2. Cyberbob - concise and helpful; though nice, it doesn't lean here nor there. Null.
4. DemonHybrid - I don't understand his "trap," and his responses from the current wagon are almost stone cold. Scum lean.
6. Papa Zito - opinionated and intelligent, was the first to drop a serious vote. Though I have seen scum do this, I think he's town.
7. SocioPath - just started posting. Null.
8. Sudo_Nym - has hardly posted, little of which has been game related. Null.
9. Zorblag - I don't particularly enjoy his claiming town right off the bat. Scum lean.
11. Plum - Bomb sonnet, but no super interesting content. Null.
12. Fate - SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH. Town lean.
14. Cogito Ergo Sum - See, now he's done the same thing as Sudo by planting a big word with no rame content. Null.
15. Llamafluff - generating discussion, but I'm confused by your confusion ever still. Null.
16. Nikanor - glad he figured it out. Null.
17. Crazy - though he has generated discussion, he's being very quick to the draw (as I previously noted). Scum lean.
18. Nobody Special - he posted? Null.
The hell is this an answer to 'who is scum and why'? Reads disconcertingly like scum piling on lots of extra stuff to counter the charge that he hasn't been scumhunting. Overcompensating much.
Punkin wrote:
@Chk:
Please keep your vote in play.
What was your opinion of Chk and his vote-related behavior at the time of this post, Punkin (Ythiiiiiill!).
Punkin wrote:By the numbers, Chk is the scummiest by far but I feel what Llama's saying about page 4. DH, Sudo, and Crazy are on the list too, in that order. Sharp town.
So why not vote Chk? He's got at least one vote on him. Also, I'm curious as to why I was worth a mention as slightly off/scummish looking at the time. If you can put a finger on it I may gain some insight regarding you, Punkin.

Why the hell; Sudo doesn't care to say anything about the game in its more serious state by the time of his second post I've no straight Town idea at any rate.

More to follow.

<3
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:17 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Some thoughts:

Nacho is lurking harder than me. I don't like that.

Both Crazy and chkflp are stalking; aside from the fact that it personally annoys me, it's irritating and against the spirit of the game.

chkflp seems to be doing more out-of-game player analysis than in-game player analysis; that's a common scum tactic.

unvote
Vote: chkflip

I am happier with the chkflp wagon than the Sudo wagon.

Someone asked about my vote for Punkin: it was primarily a reaction to the pressure they put on me to vote. It's my nature; when someone pushes me to vote before I'm ready, I vote
them.
I vote when I'm ready, and not before. And when someone pisses me off, I'm ready to vote them. Clear enough?

If I missed any questions, I apologize; feel free to pester me.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:46 am

Post by Fate »

LlamaFluff wrote:
Unvote
Vote AGar

Fate if you sheep here I will give you a trial membership in the town alliance.
Any alliance without me as its leader is full of FAIL anyway.

No deal.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Punkin
Punkin
Goon
Punkin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:22 am

Post by Punkin »

I came in here to post a note about us being busy over the next 48 hours but I see some things that need comment, so...
AGar wrote:Your vote on Sudo is what sticks out most - you didn't want to waste your vote, so you just threw it around at who looked scummy at a glance... what? If you didn't want to waste your vote, why didn't you take the time to give things more than a glance?
This view is very dissonant, considering AGar's meta habits for D1 voting. Revoking some of his towncred.
Thor wrote:I'm not getting behind either of those terrible things. I'd rather lynch Socio or policy lynch Zorblag or Nikanor than hop on them.
Thor wrote:NS is now a lurker wagon
And Zorb/Nik wouldn't be? Giving you a scumpoint for selective arguments. Now, please vote NS.
Plum wrote:What was your opinion of Chk and his vote-related behavior at the time of this post, Punkin (Ythiiiiiill!).
The motivation for the post was simply that he unvoted rather than placing it elsewhere, which is antitown but common enough that I don't log scumpoints for it. To answer the broader question, I thought Chk's RV should have expired by the time he posted #36 and, when it finally did in #72, it was a throwaway. Both of which are scummy.
Plum wrote:So why not vote Chk?
I explained in part (which you quoted). Also, DH had an actual wagon and was a much better place for my vote to gather info.
Plum wrote:Also, I'm curious as to why I was worth a mention as slightly off/scummish looking at the time.
You seemed to understand that DH was claiming TARP! but you joined the wagon anyway, thereby buddying to the stronger of the two players. Don't think that I've forgotten what your scumplay is like, dear. Since then, you've also gotten points for lurking.

So yeah... anyway... we probably will not post much over the next 48 hours. Not V/LA but busy. I'm assuming Sudo and SP will be similar since they are supposed to be coming to our house tonight for tabletop gaming.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:29 am

Post by Cyberbob »

Liking Plum's points on chkflip but I still like Sudo or Socio more. Chkflip looks kind of plausibly like weak town ~*~Trying His Very Best~*~ to be a Good Player.

AGar... meh. He's still passive-aggressively defending Sudo but I'd rather get to the heart of the collective first.
SocioPath wrote:Everyone is talking about me, but no one is voting for me.

One at a time, my son.
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:54 pm

Post by Fate »

Ythill has nothing to say about NS's latest post?

Hmmm
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:34 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Punkin wrote:
Thor wrote:I'm not getting behind either of those terrible things. I'd rather lynch Socio or policy lynch Zorblag or Nikanor than hop on them.
Thor wrote:NS is now a lurker wagon
And Zorb/Nik wouldn't be? Giving you a scumpoint for selective arguments. Now, please vote NS.
Fair enough - but I'll give you scum points for selective quoting and leaving off the commentary about how he was a lurker wagon I thought had grown unusually fast, and indeed that's what I had issue with, not the lurker wagon part. Derpy-doo to you too. Now kindly vote Sudo so he actually admits there's a wagon on him and addresses it instead of trying to lurk out and hope a VI wagon happens to remove the pressure.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:34 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Oh wait...
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:48 pm

Post by singersigner »

Votecount 1.6

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to lynch.

Punkin (0):
Cyberbob (0):
AGar (2): Zorblag, LlamaFluff
Nachomamma8 (2): SocioPath, Sudo_Nym
Oman (0):
Papa Zito (0):
SocioPath (0):
Sudo_Nym (2): Cyberbob, Thor665
Zorblag (0):
Thor665 (0):
Plum (0):
Fate (0):
chkflip (3): Nachomamma8, Plum, Nobody Special
Cogito Ergo Sum (0):
Llamafluff (0):
Nikanor (0):
Crazy (4): Nikanor, AGar, Oman, chkflip
Nobody Special (5): Crazy, Papa Zito, Punkin, Fate, Cogito Ergo Sum

Not voting (0):

V/LA: AGar 4/15-4/17

Deadline is April 21st, 2011 at 7pm PST.
Last edited by singersigner on Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:57 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

@AGar - What makes the defense of DH from Crazy differ from the defense from all the other people who were off the wagon? Do you still read both players as scum?
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:23 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

Nobody Special wrote:Nacho is lurking harder than me. I don't like that.
lol
Nobody Special wrote:chkflp seems to be doing more out-of-game player analysis than in-game player analysis; that's a common scum tactic.
Show this plz.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:50 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Show which? That he's doing it, or that it's a common scum tactic? (The Careful Reader will note that I asked for clarification rather than taking the easy way out and quoting chkflp's posts.)
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:52 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

I was looking for quotes. I'm not gonna debate theory.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:53 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

chkflip wrote:UNVOTE: Nacho
VOTE: Nobody Special

How is it possible that you've posted less content than Cogito? :o
Any reason why you decided not to comment on my vote for you? Did you not care, or...?
Fate wrote:Don't sadface me.

You're probably scum anyway because of Gambler's Fallacy >.>b

Chkflip is a bad vote.
Gambler's Fallacy doesn't exist, for there is no probability.
There is only Fate.
Punkin wrote:ebworp:
HI Nacho, Welcome, glad to see you.
So, you posted a bunch of Quotes from Chk, and they all seem to be on the topic of his attacks on DH, other then OMGUS, what (if anything) makes these particular posts stand out to you? What do you think of the Sudo wagon?
opps sorry
All the posts I quoted are lots of words without a lot of solid reasoning. That big list in the beginning in particular could've been summed up by "I don't have any reads yet", but it seemed like he posted the long version just to make it appear like he was doing something.
Oman wrote:Crazy's unvote of DH is super interesting. It makes me think of Crazyscum DH-town (jumping off a wagon like that is an easy way to build major towncred)
I'm assuming you smelled no fear, then. Because if there was fear, it could've been scum-scum.
chkflip wrote:I find it hilarious that even Oman has now posted more content than Nobody Special. I suppose that's true about more than one person, though.

Fate, since when did I become a bad vote? You were so sure before.

Thor, was my addition to the DH case the "more of a read" you were looking for there?

IGMEOY
Cogito.

Not that I don't think Sudo is scum, I just think a buddy is bussing.
You respond to the guy who responded to the guy who voted you but not the guy who voted you?
You suspect bussing, so you attack the busser while he's hammering his scumbuddy into the ground?

What kind of backwards world do you live in?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:03 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Thor wrote:This is all good posting here.
I'll agree I can see a lack of desire to comment on stuff as not a solid scum tell (though I do think it's better than what else we've seen thus far). I will add that the lack of any active attempts to generate discussion reads that she finds worthwhile is more worrisome. Sometimes I am not enthused by the current conversation - the only times I've lurked through them though instead of starting up something new was predominantly when I was scum.
Back when Sudo had that avatar with the big head, I think he analyzed things more.
Crazy wrote:What should I have done if I was town and didn't believe in the DH wagon?
Oh snap. I like you.
Punkin wrote:Top three scum, in order are: Nacho, Sudo, and NS. Three players are tied for fourth: Zorb, Plum, and Chk.
Punkin wrote:UNVOTE: Chk
VOTE: Crazy
"Here are my first 6 choices for scum! Vote: Random Guy"
What were you thinking?
AGar wrote:Was DH's trap going to fully and 100% propel a mislynch? Probably not. But by design, it was more likely to catch a town player poking and prodding than an opportunistic scum player, especially among this crowd of players. The fact that he "believed" otherwise, to me, doesn't translate a town mindset.
You thought scumDH would actually try to push a mislynch with that trap?
What?
chkflip wrote:UNVOTE: Nobody Special
VOTE: Crazy

You're scum.
But... aren't you the guy making those big walls for town cred?
And saying that NS hasn't done anything but promise content?
So you unvote him for promising content?
What?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:12 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Sudo wrote:Nachomamma's been alright so far, though, so I reserve the right to change my mind on the basis of goodposting from Nacho.
I'm flattered, but. All I did was post a bunch of quotes, a couple of emotes, and a vote. Yeah, it's more than you've done, but it's still not impressive.
SocioPath wrote:Everyone is talking about me, but no one is voting for me.

I think Socio is scum.
Nobody Special wrote:Nacho is lurking harder than me. I don't like that.
Why not? Are we supposed to be vying for the "King of the Lurkers" championship?
Nobody Special wrote:Both Crazy and chkflp are stalking; aside from the fact that it personally annoys me, it's irritating and against the spirit of the game.
Against the spirit of the game, what?
Nobody Special wrote:I am happier with the chkflp wagon than the Sudo wagon.
Why?
Nobody Special wrote:If I missed any questions, I apologize; feel free to pester me.
I never pegged you for the overapologetic type.
Nobody Special wrote:(The Careful Reader will note that I asked for clarification rather than taking the easy way out and quoting chkflp's posts.)
The mafiate cries out for attention, "Look at me, town! I'm not being lazy!"

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:21 pm

Post by Thor665 »

singersigner wrote:
Nachomamma8 (3): SocioPath, chkflip, Sudo_Nym
Is it just me or is this wagon lulzy?

Nacho is starting post like Nacho.

His catch on Punkin is gold.

I agree with him about Crazy, though I think I already indicated that I felt Crazy was being run up for fluff.

Of the current wagon leaders I'd be most behind NS, but I still feel it's kind of 'meh' and would really like people to at least verify they got a town read off Sudo when they fled like rats. Because I didn't get that memo and I'm still saying scum over here, and I haven't seen anyone waving 'Sudo and Socio are awesometown' flags around lately and I'm really wondering what's up with that.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:29 pm

Post by Fate »

I never stated nor implied a town read of Sudo.

JUST FYI
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:08 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Thor wrote:His catch on Punkin is gold.
It wasn't a catch. This was more of a "ask an old question and hope the next answer you get makes sense" scenario.

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:39 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@Fate - I knowz, i saidz th4t! Bl0wz mah mind dat no1 iz and yet wagon go *p00fs*!!

@Nacho - to-may-to to-mah-to. But, sure, if it pleases you;

Nacho's "ask an old question and hope the next answer you get makes sense" is gold.

Return to “Completed Open Games”