Newbie 1082: No Country for Old Mafia - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Misder
Misder
Townie
Misder
Townie
Townie

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:53 pm

Post by Misder »

Sigh... I was pretty sure of an Ant+Muffin team. That's pretty upsetting.
@Thor Why did you put Ant on L-1? Unless your scum too?
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:02 pm

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

Wow.....
Really people?
Apologies for falling off the face of the earth.
I'M BACK BABY FOR A LIMITED TIME*!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:04 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Misder wrote:@Thor Why did you put Ant on L-1? Unless your scum too?
This from the guy saying he was ready to hammer Ant?

@Ant - well...don't be solo town on a wagon ::shrug:: Sorry, Day 2 was terrible and with crazy's lurking and flake I never could get a clear read on him and went with the VCA as the decider.
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:10 pm

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

Thor, I would have really expected a lot better from you. :(

It was so bleedingly obvious Muffin was scum. As for the momentum, look back at how the wagon was formed D2. Scum are usually never the people that hammer (unless it is game winning like the one here.) D2 all they needed to do was get someone close and trick a townie to hammer for them. Then bussing the hell out of the townie usually would be the next step, but in this case Wing claimed Doc and was obv. town.

@Thor: I know! I saw the VCA and was like "AWWW ****! I know Thor is town, and I am town...but he is not going to believe it that easily. And I have a some gullible newbies to swing on my side but will be hard taking on the scum 2v1"

Horrible attacks on the IC were HORRIBLE this game. Really. And all the crap spewing from Muffin about how the scum could have pulled off a gambit was sooo bad.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:20 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Ant_to_the_max wrote:Thor, I would have really expected a lot better from you. :(
:( Sorry?
Ant_to_the_max wrote:It was so bleedingly obvious Muffin was scum.
He was bad, I'll concede, but I ended up losing that read when all the town players stopped posting and had me talking with scum for like two days straight with barely any other input. He got town points for giving a fig after I'd pointed out in thread that town caring and posting was a good thing.

That and the VCA - by the numbers it was the smart play, just boned me/us this time.
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:25 pm

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

Yeah. Wish Wing would have unvoted me. I honestly forgot that he was voting me so I flipped out and thought Muffin actually claimed scum when he thought it was a lynch and I thought it was still at L-1.

GG scum though. Just need to work on covering your tracks a bit and you guys have it made :P
Misder
Misder
Townie
Misder
Townie
Townie

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:51 pm

Post by Misder »

D3 was where I felt that Muffin was the most obvious scum. Problem was that crazy just kinda went, and even when pressured, he didn't do much. Ant was fighting an upward battle- though I did get a town feeling from him, I didn't think it could offset my feelings for crazy. Then I thought an Ant+Muffin team would be viable because of maybe Ant is bussing, and Muffin's comment about not quicklynching.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:14 pm

Post by Fenchurch »

Final Vote Count of Day Three:

Ant_to_the_max - 4 (WingDamage9001, [L], Thor665, zMuffinMan)

[L] - 1 (Ant_to_the_max)

Not Voting: 1 (Misder)

After deliberation, you come to the conclusion that Ant must be a member of the mafia, and string him up. Oops...

Ant_to_the_max,
Townie
was lynched Day 3.

It is now Night 4, the deadline for Night Actions is: Friday, 22nd April at 8:05 am GMT.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:30 pm

Post by Fenchurch »

The next morning, a body is discovered in the street. Under his coat is a stethoscope and some medical notes.

WingDamage9001,
Doctor
, was killed Night 3.

With no town majority left to stop them, [L] and zMuffinMan run amok, killing the remaining townies.

Thor665,
Townie
, was killed in endgame.

Misder,
Townie
, was killed in endgame.

[L] and zMuffinMan,
Mafia Goons
, win the game!
Last edited by Fenchurch on Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:36 pm

Post by Fenchurch »

Full playerlist:

McGriddle (SE):
Townie

Misder:
Townie

Prosaurus:
Townie

Thor665/Zorblag/Romanus (IC):
Townie

WingDamage9001:
Doctor

[L]:
Mafia Goon

cjdrum:
Townie

Ant_to_the_max/crazypianist1116 (SE):
Townie

zMuffinMan:
Mafia Goon

Night 1 actions:

WingDamage9001, Doctor, protects Misder.
[L] and zMuffinMan, Mafia Goons, kill McGriddle.

Night 2 actions:

WingDamage9001, Doctor, protects Misder.
[L] and zMuffinMan, Mafia Goons, kill Misder. (kill prevented)

Night 3 action:

[L] and zMuffinMan, Mafia Goons, kill WingDamage9001.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:52 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Some things...

Day one I legitimately did not know Romanus was the IC when I began attacking him. But it suited me to stay on the wagon even after I realised it, not because he was the IC, but because people were suspicious of him - particularly Misder, who seemed to be thinking along the same lines as the townie I was trying to portray.

Day two, I would not have been on the Prosaurus wagon had I known Prosaurus would be hammered like that - it really wasn't done to create momentum. It really didn't matter to me who died day 2 - I didn't need to force a lynch on Prosaurus...

Night two, congrats to Wing, made it a lot harder - fairly sure it wouldn't have been difficult to get one of wing, crazy or romanus lynched day 3 had the kill gone through.

Day three, when I was talking about different possibilities it wasn't because I was scum - I would have done it as town, anyway. I don't really think there's anything wrong with discussing the idea of a gambit like what could have possibly happened. I only did it because it's something I would have put out there anyway, regardless of my alignment. It's also something I will consider doing as scum from now on purely because of the reaction it got in this game, regardless of how risky or stupid it may seem.

Also loved when Thor brought up VCA and pointed out the rarity of there being no mafia on a D1 lynch. I've seen some ICs in other games do it, and I was hoping someone did it in this game too.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
-L-
-L-
Goon
-L-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:50 pm

Post by -L- »

@Misder: I never said vca was nOt a valid tool; I said this is a newbie game and not everyone knows to use it, so condemning me on my lack of use of it is faulty.

Responding immediately to Misder, still reading.
"Kira is childish and he hates losing... I'm also childish and hate losing."

The user formerly known as [L].
-L-
-L-
Goon
-L-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:53 pm

Post by -L- »

Oh, hi guys >.>

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:15 am

Post by Thor665 »

zMuffinMan wrote:Also loved when Thor brought up VCA and pointed out the rarity of there being no mafia on a D1 lynch. I've seen some ICs in other games do it, and I was hoping someone did it in this game too.
Guilty as charged. Though this is true and it's rare it doesn't happen.

Also didn't help when you and L were the only people posting and talking to me. Remember what I said about town losing when they aren't active? That's true too. ;)
Prosaurus
Prosaurus
Goon
Prosaurus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:12 am

Post by Prosaurus »

Wow. Well played, never saw it coming. Wing, Crazy and Romanus were all too scummy to me.
[Win/Loss-Team]
[2/2 -Town]

[0/0 -Scum]

[0/0 -3rd Party]
Prosaurus
Prosaurus
Goon
Prosaurus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:15 am

Post by Prosaurus »

Say, what's VCA?
[Win/Loss-Team]
[2/2 -Town]

[0/0 -Scum]

[0/0 -3rd Party]
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:59 am

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

Vote Count Analysis.

Like Thor said, usual it can be really useful, but in this game D1 was null because it was all town on the lynching wagon.
-L-
-L-
Goon
-L-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:29 pm

Post by -L- »

I was skidding by on an icy lake on my tush. Thanks for the game, guys!

-L-
-L-
Goon
-L-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:52 pm

Post by -L- »

How can I improve? I know need to stop making wall posts; done and done. I was emulating other games when I made that PBPA... I thought that was scumhunting?

-L-
-L-
Goon
-L-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:55 pm

Post by -L- »

Also, kudos to ant and Thor for making me sweat bullets :D

Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:44 pm

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

One thing I have noticed is that comparing your PBPA to Misder's is that you came off more... aggressive...if that is the word I wanted to use. Like...you seemed to be attacking everyone for everything.

Honestly though, the thing that made me know Thor's slot was town was this. When Troll dude did the massclaim, he had Wing go first. That was a pro town thing imo because at that point that hammer made him look the worst. Only way I could see him bussing his partner like that first is if it was a gambit. But if you look back, N2 is when the first IC started to flake out. Meaning, there would have been no planning in the scum's QT about planning that mass claim.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:48 pm

Post by Thor665 »

[L] wrote:How can I improve? I know need to stop making wall posts; done and done. I was emulating other games when I made that PBPA... I thought that was scumhunting?
Eh - wall posts are often thought of as town as well.

To "improve" your scum game I think what you really need is to look a little less edgy - you were pretty much attacking everyone whole hog, and then all of a sudden there was a lot of focus on an unlikely setup. I was pretty sure you were the scumbuddy, but I made the error of letting VCA guide me off of you and onto Ant (plus, the little conversation you guys had right near the end felt a little buddy-buddy). I guess my advice would be to keep clear track of your reads, and understand that it's possible (and advantageous) for scum to get town reads. Really, most of this will develop better as you play more games as town and then can learn to emulate your own town scumhunting style.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:30 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Actually, ant, Romanus started flaking end of day one (it's just day 2 was so short that it was only noticeable by the time day 2 ended) and Zorblag replaced about halfway through night 2 and we (meaning L and I) were made aware that the game would resume at the deadline of night 2 because Zorblag said he'd be ready by then (we wanted to end night early), so it would have been very easy for Zorblag as scum to scheme something like that.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:43 pm

Post by crazypianist1116 »

Hey guys, figured I'd come in here to share thoughts. Firstly, I'm deeply sorry to Ant, I should have never left him in such a horrible position. I would have avoided replacing out if I could, but I wasn't in the position to play an aggressive endgame with real life constraints taking up a lot of time.

Congrats to scum. Town could use a bit of help (myself included). Honestly guys, don't cut off days so quickly like that (Prosaurus/wing). Wing you need more depth in your posts. I feel like you made quite a few gut decisions (although I could be wrong). Also, just because you claimed doc does not mean you get off the hook with regards to participating in discussion. That goes to Misder as well.

[L], I didn't really suspect you till late D3 and I suppose you got lucky that I tunneled Zorb/Thor.

Hope to see you guys in later games!
-L-
-L-
Goon
-L-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:47 pm

Post by -L- »

Misder didn't vote the whole game >.>