Newbie 1087: Welcome To The Jungle (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
ajolin
ajolin
Townie
ajolin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:47 pm

Post by ajolin »

To further explain #373, I meant that if you think one pair is scum more than the other, go read the thread and look at the way they react to each other. It wasn't "LOL LETS PICK A TEAM BASED ON WHICH ONES ARE NICER AND KILL 'EM", but more "Well, if you really think they're scum, check. Look if they seem to work together and do scummy thing's with each other before deciding they're a team and not just unlucky towns."
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:13 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

uh, no I didn't. In fact, I'm objecting to bringing up scumpairs at all. Stop that.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
jindori
jindori
Goon
jindori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by jindori »

ajolin wrote:To further explain #373, I meant that if you think one pair is scum more than the other, go read the thread and look at the way they react to each other. It wasn't "LOL LETS PICK A TEAM BASED ON WHICH ONES ARE NICER AND KILL 'EM", but more "Well, if you really think they're scum, check. Look if they seem to work together and do scummy thing's with each other before deciding they're a team and not just unlucky towns."
KittyMo wrote:
ajolin, it's against the rules to communicate with other players outside of this thread unless it's with your scumbuddy during the night phase.

I'm going to hold off on posting until the Mod pops in. But, stop doing that.
And why were you messaging kitty and not other players. Also did anyone else get a message from ajolin.
It's a sin to tell a lie.
wins/loses town 0/1 scum 0/0 third party 0/0
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:41 pm

Post by Tasky »

VOTECOUNT 2.6

jindori (2/4): toxictaipan, Voidedmafia
David Xanatos (2/4): RayFrost, KittyMo
toxictaipan (1/4): David Xanatos
Voidedmafia (1/4): ajolin

Not voting (1): jindori

Deadline is 08.05.2011 at 11:00 CET.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
jindori
jindori
Goon
jindori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:45 pm

Post by jindori »

what the the top half of my post was cut off???
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:47 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Jin, what the hell are you talking about with whatever didn't get cut off? Just where is he talking to others outside the game?

jindori
jindori
Goon
jindori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:09 pm

Post by jindori »

/Vote Ajolin
The first post you did was acceptable and i would of let you off the hook but then you continued on
ajolin wrote:To further explain #373, I meant that if you think one pair is scum more than the other, go read the thread and look at the way they react to each other. It wasn't "LOL LETS PICK A TEAM BASED ON WHICH ONES ARE NICER AND KILL 'EM",
but more "Well, if you really think they're scum, check. Look if they seem to work together and do scummy thing's with each other before deciding they're a team and not just unlucky towns."
[/i][/b]Doesn't sit too well with this
ajolin wrote:Wow, this entire thing is just tragic. It makes me want to cut out my eyes so I don't have to read it. I have an idea. Scum usually don't vote for scum buddies unless they think the scum buddy will be lynched, when they'll try to bandwagon to "confirm" themselves. We have two potential scum teams.
I'm not picking a side yet, because obviously shit's going down hardcore and I want to be sure before I vote either way. Any way, the obvious choices are:
Ray/Toxic
and
Jin/David
There are other possible combos involving the people not in those pairs, as you could've guessed. The point is, which pair seemed to be more chummy and defensive of each other? Which looked more like a team of scum, and which looked more like two random towns?
From that it was obvious you were going to pick a side to lynch. You mentioned the possibility of other scum teams to cover your ass when they rolled town. Also will you tell us the reason you messaged kitty in the day phase (cause thats what kitty said)
KittyMo wrote:
ajolin, it's against the rules to communicate with other players outside of this thread unless it's with your scumbuddy during the night phase.

I'm going to hold off on posting until the Mod pops in. But, stop doing that.
ISO 13
jindori
jindori
Goon
jindori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:11 pm

Post by jindori »

Sorry that was the original post (rewritten a little so it's easier to understand.) Something happened to my other post maybe a glitch or something???
ajolin
ajolin
Townie
ajolin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:12 am

Post by ajolin »

Jin, I already said why in #374.
jindori
jindori
Goon
jindori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:35 am

Post by jindori »

ajolin wrote:Jin, I already said why in #374.
Oh that was about your message i didn't pick up on that. Scrap the message thing. But other things stand still.
ajolin
ajolin
Townie
ajolin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:19 am

Post by ajolin »

Jin, you can interpret my post however you want. If you feel that the post was scummy I'm fine with that. I can even agree that I could have phrased it better.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:38 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Ajolin: how's that finding scum part of things going? Who do you think to be scum? Why? Got any people you feel are suspect but you aren't sure about?
don't you feel silly now?
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:54 pm

Post by Tasky »

VOTECOUNT 2.7

jindori (2/4): toxictaipan, Voidedmafia
David Xanatos (2/4): RayFrost, KittyMo
toxictaipan (1/4): David Xanatos
Voidedmafia (1/4): ajolin
ajolin (1/4): jindori

Deadline is 08.05.2011 at 11:00 CET.

__
Prodding
David Xanatos

Please do not let this game die, guys, keep activity up.
Last edited by Tasky on Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
toxictaipan
toxictaipan
Goon
toxictaipan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:58 am

Post by toxictaipan »

It's pretty convenient for the scum to just let the discussion die after jindori and I settled out conflict.

David, you need to get in here. I'm slightly less suspicious of jindori now, and I'm moving my attention away from him now. You don't want to be the one who I'm focused on. I don't like the way you and jindori lined up your votes.

ajolin, give me at least 3
good
reasons why I shouldn't vote for you because of your hammer vote on Twistedspoon.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:24 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

After some consideration, I suppose I should at the very least rethink my stance on Jindori. I do feel that he has made scummy moves (and I've mentioned those scummy moves already; I'll link if you really want me to), but his play as of late has been better.

With that in mind, I'll
unvote
. But people seriously need to get in here. And Xanatos, I'm pretty sure your test wasn't this late.

DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:31 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Sorry for the delay. Catch-up post, part 2 on the way:

A lot of early day 2 (most of page 12, at the very least) seemed to be focused around tightening up the loose ends of day 1 and there's not much to comment on from it.

On page 13, I don't like how DX got prodded and posted this one-liner that really said nothing. This seems town though. It's the kind of thing I wouldn't expect from newbie-scum, since they wouldn't really have a good way of knowing we wouldn't follow his advice. Scum points to jindori for blatantly following DX though.

Umm...cheap shot?

@ajolin
Why did you start trying to pick out scum teams?

Hey, looks like I'm up to the point where I replaced in. Neat-o

Ehhh, not a huge amount has happened after that.

My predecessor had a vote on DX it seems, but I would prefer not to, in part based on his "lynch me, then Ray" post. My main suspicion right now is jindori. I've pointed out a lot of individual posts from him, but what really seals it for me is his posts taken as a whole. It seems like he was just throwing his vote around and hoping it would stick early, followed by parking his vote on easy suspects later while hiding behind others' suspicions.

Unvote: David Xanatos

Given what happened day 1, I'm hesitant to put jindori at L-1, but if I were voting, my vote would be on him.

I'll try to give a full set of reads later today. I have a few pretty solid reads and a few players that are just a mess of null.

Pre-Post Edit: I just realized that VM unvoted jindori, so he's not at L-2 anymore.

Vote: jindori
ajolin
ajolin
Townie
ajolin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:49 pm

Post by ajolin »

Toxic: Why should I. You're just one vote, and I already said why I did it. It was a gut reaction, as I said. I felt like there was enough evidence on him that I assumed people wouldn't mind if we had finally picked a lynch.
jindori
jindori
Goon
jindori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:00 pm

Post by jindori »

DeathRowKitty wrote:
@ajolin
Why did you start trying to pick out scum teams?

Hey, looks like I'm up to the point where I replaced in. Neat-o

Ehhh, not a huge amount has happened after that.

My predecessor had a vote on DX it seems, but I would prefer not to, in part based on his "lynch me, then Ray" post. My main suspicion right now is jindori. I've pointed out a lot of individual posts from him, but what really seals it for me is his posts taken as a whole. It seems like he was just throwing his vote around and hoping it would stick early, followed by parking his vote on easy suspects later while hiding behind others' suspicions.

Unvote: David Xanatos

Given what happened day 1, I'm hesitant to put jindori at L-1, but if I were voting, my vote would be on him.

I'll try to give a full set of reads later today. I have a few pretty solid reads and a few players that are just a mess of null.

Pre-Post Edit: I just realized that VM unvoted jindori, so he's not at L-2 anymore.

Vote: jindori
Deathrow kitty i was literally in a English course at that very second. I was also deciding whether to vote toxic since i listed my own reason in my first post. Still through you remained third party through most the arguing.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:10 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

My vote for you has nothing to do with your English (your posts are perfectly readable). It has to do with your play this game.
jindori
jindori
Goon
jindori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:13 pm

Post by jindori »

DeathRowKitty wrote:My vote for you has nothing to do with your English (your posts are perfectly readable). It has to do with your play this game.
Why do you say it was a cheap shot then saying in a English course when void told me to learn it.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:24 pm

Post by RayFrost »

RayFrost wrote:Ajolin: how's that finding scum part of things going? Who do you think to be scum? Why? Got any people you feel are suspect but you aren't sure about?
Requoting.

DRK's :goodposting: so I think he's solidly town here.

I don't buy the concept that D would choose to avoid that considering it gave ajolin a rather townish read D1, so pulling the "lynch meh then ray" stunt is trying to copy the same effect, afaik.
don't you feel silly now?
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:24 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

@jindori

I linked to VM's post, not yours. Specifically the following:
VM wrote:Which, of course, means you can't learn English any more, right? Right?
which is attacking you for your English.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:27 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

He said he was out of school, to which I replied to the effect that being out of school doesn't ean you can't keep on learning English. Saying otherwise would be stupid.

jindori
jindori
Goon
jindori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:28 pm

Post by jindori »

Voidedmafia wrote:He said he was out of school, to which I replied to the effect that being out of school doesn't
ean
you can't keep on learning English. Saying otherwise would be stupid.
mean
ajolin
ajolin
Townie
ajolin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:31 pm

Post by ajolin »

Ray, not to good. This recent fight distracted me a little bit, go over Toxic's and Jin's points. Honestly, Jin still seems a bit funny to me. The hammer setup seems a bit off, with his reasoning being flimsy considering he didn't say all of why he did it. If there's anybody that seems scummy but I'm not sure about right now it would be Voided. His vote is somewhat stable, but his accusations are everywhere.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”