Newbie 1079: Feed the Lynch Mob (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:06 pm

Post by Equinox »

Vote Count 2.05Nachomamma8 (2) - Traveller, Herodotus
Herodotus (1) - Nachomamma8
thil13 (1) - tarsonisocelot

Not Voting (3) - thil13, GreyICE, pandabear

With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch.

The deadline is Sunday, May 1, 2011, at 11:59 PM EDT (UTC-4).

Mod Notes

Nachomamma8 is V/LA April 22-23
Traveller is V/LA April 24-29
Last edited by Equinox on Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Traveller
Traveller
Townie
Traveller
Townie
Townie

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:31 pm

Post by Traveller »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Traveller wrote:Nacho is giving a vibe of desperation
Yes, I'm desperate. Herod is a very good player who I know is scum, but I can't get him lynched. If you were in the same position, wouldn't you feel the same way? Why does desperation make me scum?
You're point is valid, Nacho. My apologies for equating an assertive attitude with guilt. I've kept my vote on you for much of D1 and all of D2. But, I have suspected Herodotus as well. No way you could both be scum and I have a hard time believing you're both town.

A question for all: I'm going on vacation from April 24-29 and will not have internet access. Should I unvote during my absence, then revote near the end of D2 (April 30)? Or should I just allow my vote to ride until I return?
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:37 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Traveller wrote:
Herodotus wrote:Traveller, don't forget post 205 was part of the selection I pointed out.
Had to look back on this one. At the time, Hero, it seemed you were trying to convince me of your innocence of quick-lynching (oops, sorry about the word) Sn1pe. Wasn't necessary, based on what I'm learning about the game. But, did you protest your innocence too much? I let you off the hook with my initial response, but you pressed the issue a bit too much. Keeps me suspicious of you.
Oh well. I was obviously going for the opposite - trying to show you more evidence that it wasn't scummy for me to hammer Sn1.
Traveller wrote:A question for all: I'm going on vacation from April 24-29 and will not have internet access. Should I unvote during my absence, then revote near the end of D2 (April 30)? Or should I just allow my vote to ride until I return?
It's definitely up to you. The other players, including me, Nacho, and anyone who is mafia, have a conflict of interest in answering this question. I don't think there's an objective right or wrong answer; the question you have to ask yourself is whether you would support the person you're voting being lynched during your V/LA.
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
Traveller
Traveller
Townie
Traveller
Townie
Townie

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:51 pm

Post by Traveller »

Thanks for the response, but the point may be moot. Equinox is finding a temp replacement for me while I'm gone.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:13 pm

Post by Equinox »

Glass is temporarily replacing Traveller during his V/LA. Thank you, Glass!
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:19 pm

Post by GreyICE »

GLASS AS A TOWNIE!

<3
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:50 am

Post by Equinox »

thil13 has been prodded. Nachomamma8's V/LA has been added to the vote count.
tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:45 am

Post by tarsonisocelot »

Hi Glass.
Thanks for joining us.
DemonHybrid:Tarson literally took a phallus-shaped knife and fucked my brain with it near the end

My name is Celestia, Princess of Equestria:
Look on my works, ye Mighty and despair!
thil13
thil13
Goon
thil13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:27 am

Post by thil13 »

Welcome... I don't really like this game, I think I won't be doing anymore newbie games, it's just too monotonous for me.

Everything I said previously stands firm, but I am willing to give Hero a chance and go with his logic. If Nacho flips town, I will be even more suspicious of Hero.

VOTE: Nacho
Give me three steps, gimme three steps, mister
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:07 am

Post by Herodotus »

Welcome, Glass.

Nacho8 is at L-1 right now. It's probably best if no one hammers at least until Glass has a chance to decide whether to keep their vote on Nacho.

Newbie games do tend to be slower paced, that's true.
But I think some of us find it questionable that you aren't saying more, maybe talking about a variety of people for instance.
If Nacho flips town, I will be even more suspicious of Hero.
Why is this? Alternatively, if I was to be lynched (and I would flip town), would that make you more suspicious of Nacho - and if so, why?
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:42 am

Post by Glass »

Hello people, just skimmed the thread and don't know if I should be posting yet since I am technically not playing until tomorrow.
Just skimmed the thread, will give a deeper read today, and saying that I will be in a car for ~8 hours tomorrow so I probably wont have my wall up until tomorrow night.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:17 pm

Post by Equinox »

Vote Count 2.06
Nachomamma8 (3) - Glass, Herodotus, thil13

Herodotus (1) - Nachomamma8
thil13 (1) - tarsonisocelot

Not Voting (2) - GreyICE, pandabear

With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch.

The deadline is Sunday, May 1, 2011, at 11:59 PM EDT (UTC-4).[/area]
Mod Notes

Nachomamma8 is V/LA April 22-23
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:25 pm

Post by GreyICE »

thil13 wrote:Welcome... I don't really like this game, I think I won't be doing anymore newbie games, it's just too monotonous for me.

Everything I said previously stands firm, but I am willing to give Hero a chance and go with his logic. If Nacho flips town, I will be even more suspicious of Hero.

:?

I pray Nacho flips scum, because I want you dead before LyLo, and somehow I think the scumteam won't do it.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:05 pm

Post by Glass »

UNVOTE: until I figure stuff out (although based on my thoughts ATM it will probably be going right back on nacho).
tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:44 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

GreyICE wrote:
thil13 wrote:Welcome... I don't really like this game, I think I won't be doing anymore newbie games, it's just too monotonous for me.

:?

I pray Nacho flips scum, because I want you dead before LyLo, and somehow I think the scumteam won't do it.
Can we please lynch him today? I'm still trying to figure out the Hero/Nacho stuff but thil13 is scummier than both.

Thil13: Since you don't seem to even want to contribute, the most pro-town thing you could do now is to replace out.

Also, if thil13 is the scum I think he is and not just bad town then this post would suggest that both Nacho and Hero are town.
DemonHybrid:Tarson literally took a phallus-shaped knife and fucked my brain with it near the end

My name is Celestia, Princess of Equestria:
Look on my works, ye Mighty and despair!
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:30 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Everyone has voted for Nacho8 at some point, and I'm not sure who would be bussing. That has me willing to wait to hear more before the day ends. Nacho answering Grey's questions would be a start.

unvote
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:58 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Bump.
Nachomamma8 wrote:Day started how long ago again?
What are you complaining about here? You haven't made much use of the time so far.

Here are your reasons for that:
Nachomamma8 wrote:Yes, I'm corked at the moment, somewhat because my top suspect is handicapped for the day, but mostly because I'm waiting for something.
1. My injury didn't stop you from posting. Unless you're my alt...
(cue dramatic music)

2. What were you waiting for (has it happened?)
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:55 am

Post by Equinox »

Nachomamma8 has been prodded.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:17 am

Post by Glass »

I apologize for not having my wall up yesterday (I was beat by the time I got home, and probably mentally unstable).
Anyways, wall should be up in 30mins-1 hour. Before that I just need to say something
hero wrote:Everyone has voted for Nacho8 at some point, and I'm not sure who would be bussing. That has me willing to wait to hear more before the day ends. Nacho answering Grey's questions would be a start.
Really hero? You think that all those votes had the intention of lynching nacho? Distancing is very common and it is not strange at all for someone to vote their scumbuddy especially if they can easily get away with changing their votes/reads. You of course should know this.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:00 pm

Post by Glass »

SCUMMY PPL (AKA I WANT THEM LYNCHED):
-Tars
-Nacho

SEMI-SCUM:
-Panda

PPL THAT I CANT READ WORTH SHIT:
-Thil

PPL THAT ARE TOWN:
-Hero (KoH was a bit suspicious, hero is not)
-ICE

VOTE: Tars

Also, sorry for crappy format :wink:

Weirdest RQS I have ever seen, almost half the people said that they had their largest suspicions on someone who they were not voting for, what is with that?
tars wrote:4. I don't really find anyone particularly suspicious yet. But I also don't know what suspicious behaviour would look like at this stage. I'll say King of Harolds for now.
Uhhuh, but you were voting for ice at this time. Why?
thil wrote:Right now, my biggest suspicion is Nachomamma8 since he is just putting his vote around so quickly with minor pretense.
Ya... You were voting panda though?
tars wrote: Anyway, something about Traveller bugs me. It might be the way they said "Isn't it always more fun to play the villain?" to answer the do you prefer to be town or scum. Or it could be the general tone. At this stage in the game that's enough for me.
raggggggeeeee. Why did you say that KoH was your biggest suspect if you were voting for ice and switched to traveller over nothing more than his tone? You would think you would want to vote for someone you found, you know, scummy?
ICE [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2891869#p2891869]post 55[/url] wrote:There's some serious attempts to derail stuff going on here
Did you think that tars was purposely trying to derail the game? If so, why did you not vote or pressure/question her? I find it really odd that you have had a town read on tars through what seems to be the entire game and I am just not seeing it.
panda [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2899463#p2899463]post 94[/url] wrote:Nacho seems just as aggressive at this point, but it seems like he's just interrogating everyone by way of voting them.Hmm well no has done the same to him so I'll be the one to initiate:
unvote. vote: Nachomamma8
/facepalm
I dislike that panda voted assuming that someone else would unvote, but I am a little late on that.
nacho post 109 wrote: You believed earlier that Panda was scum, and only held back your vote because voting him would put him at L-1. Why do you vote him now for pressure, and not because you believe that he is scum?
Really nacho? Don't you pressure people who you think are scum? And snipe saying that he would have voted for panda except that would put him at L-1 adds pressure without him voting. How does this correspond with this post?
nacho post 105 wrote: The reason why we put votes in the earlier stages with so little evidence is because true scumtells are only dropped while a suspect is under pressure.
tars wrote: I actually do find thil13 suspicious. And they still haven't answered the questions I asked them a while back (I asked if they had any reads by now and why they were what they were). Voting for them seemed the logical follow-up.
Backtracking? Just a few posts earlier tars said that she was voting thil because she had a null read on him, and now she is saying she finds him scummy? And she even changes her story AGAIN in iso 31 where she says she was voting him because she didn't get answers to her questions.
ICE wrote: 9) What the hell do you think of #311? I'll be honest, it looks like a scumbuddy looking to jump on an 'inevitable' lynch for town credit, but leaving open landing on the 'town' side.
I think that it is scum with a "scum read" on her partner and on a townie, I think that she is leaving herself an open slot to jump onto the nacho wagon if needed to gain a few town points, but will stay on thil until his lynch is inevitable.

Those were just a few comments, now onto specific people.

Tars has posted so many irrelevant and non-game related questions for absolutely no reason, her reasoning for voting thil is weak, she changed her story about why she was voting him, she suddenly wants to lynch him because (pick 1 of the reasons: She has a null read on him, In her first game a scum was lurking, he didn't answer her questions). Although the last option is genuinely scummy, I find it hard to believe that thil not asking your questions is the scummiest thing you have seen all game. Tars posts have so little content about the game in them that she is really on the verge of active lurking, I see much more offhand comments (radar with eyebrows and whatnot) than actual content.
tars wrote:I would prefer a Nacho lynch to a thil lynch because we get more information out of that
Hey tars, what happened to this? Just a few posts later you say:
tars wrote:Can we please lynch him today?
^You were talking about lynching thil.

She also works out as a partner for nacho because she "attacked" him in her ISO 3 to get some information and changed then her vote to ICE in ISO 4 because of the picture of a cat he posted without a mention to what nacho had said besides "Thanks for the links". Again, I have to ask why you did not go on KoH if you thought he was the most suspicious at the time. Just having fun in the RVS are we? That is typical for scum, don't worry.

Nacho has recently been arguing with hero recently and I really like hero's point's on nacho and don't really find nacho's answers satisfactory. For example nacho attacking hero for not letting him respond when he was away is just ridiculous. By that logic any scum who hasn't been targeted ~a week before deadline could just lurk until the end, and be like "YOU DIDNT GIVE ME A CHANCE TO DEFEND MYSELF WTF" if anyone attacked him.

I will post some on panda tonight when I get everything on him sorted out (he flipped between scum and town many times over the course of the game for me)
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:16 pm

Post by GreyICE »

This is it. This is fucking it.

Another prod on Nacho? Another damn day without any questions answered? Waiting for us to get our act together and vote for town are you?

Fuck this. Fuck all of this.

Vote: Nacho

I'll kill Thil tomorrow and I swear unto god if one of you isn't scum I will break my keyboard in half.

L-1, claim, answer questions, do SOMETHING nacho. Time is wasting, and I'm fine with dead.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:17 pm

Post by Glass »

Not L-1, hero unvoted.

I'm all for a nacho lynch, but I want to hear some stuff from tars beforehand at least.
pandabear
pandabear
Townie
pandabear
Townie
Townie

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:59 pm

Post by pandabear »

lol expert scum hunter ftw

tars, where are thou?
pandabear
pandabear