Newbie 1087: Welcome To The Jungle (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
toxictaipan
toxictaipan
Goon
toxictaipan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:22 pm

Post by toxictaipan »

ajolin is also my top suspect. Townies don't pull two quick hammers like that. They just don't.

ajolin, why do you think I'm scum? I'd like a good laugh right now.
ajolin
ajolin
Townie
ajolin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:49 pm

Post by ajolin »

Toxic, it doesn't matter why I think you're scum. I'm getting lynched this round no matter what, and the town will loose. GG Toxic.
ajolin
ajolin
Townie
ajolin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:55 pm

Post by ajolin »

"Townies don't pull two quick hammers like that. They just don't." WIFOM. Maybe town would do it because you would assume no scum would be dumb enough to double quickhammer. Maybe scum would do it for the same reason. Assuming somebody "just wouldn't do something" no matter what is flat out wrong. There's a lot of people who would never do something ever, and then they get put in a circumstance where it would be the best possible option. Never say "never."
toxictaipan
toxictaipan
Goon
toxictaipan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:35 pm

Post by toxictaipan »

If you're trying to argue that lynching
two players (especially after you were told not to do it again when you did it the first time)
is in
any way
a pro-town play, then... I don't even know what to say. But
clearly
forcing lylo and making a town-aligned player look the most suspicious of the remaining players (assuming some freak outcome and you really are town-aligned) was a town-aligned player's best option.

You do realize that it's
your
fault if the town loses when you're lynched, right? You seem to not even care.
toxictaipan
toxictaipan
Goon
toxictaipan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:37 pm

Post by toxictaipan »

Edit by way of post:

It should read, "If you're trying to argue that lynching
two players (especially after you were told not to do it again when you did it the first time)
before allowing them to role claim
is in any way a pro-town play, then... I don't even know what to say."
ajolin
ajolin
Townie
ajolin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:21 pm

Post by ajolin »

I also find it interesting that the two players - TOWN players - that got lynched were suspicious of toxic. I notice that Voided (I'm about to head to bed, so correct me if it wasn't voided) put Jin at l-1, while that's not exactly anti-town (shit, Jin himself did it) he also said that Jin could not have possibly assumed that Twisted wouldn't get lynched. I do realize that it's my fault if we loose Toxic, so I'm just going to say this. I want this round to go good and slow, I want every possible item to be looked at, and I swear on everything I fucking own that I will not hammer anybody this round unless they have claimed and I have been asked to by two or more of my peers. Nighty Night.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:31 pm

Post by RayFrost »

I find ajolin's suspicion of toic here to be beyond ridiculous into the realm of "... wut?"

I just can't make sense of his play, but I don't have any real scum reads aside from him (other than DX), which means I'm stuck with two people I think are scum. I'm willing to gamble on ajolin scum here, as the odds seem in my favor.

Vote: Ajolin
don't you feel silly now?
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:57 pm

Post by Tasky »

VOTECOUNT 3.1

ajolin (2/3): toxictaipan, RayFrost
Voidedmafia (1/3): ajolin

Not Voting (2): David Xanatos, Voidedmafia
Last edited by Tasky on Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:45 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

AJOLIN, YOU ARE ONE OF THE MOST STUPID PLAYERS I HAVE EVER SEEN! AND I WILL TYPE IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE IT DESERVES IT!

Vote: Ajolin

CONGRATZ, YOU DUMBASS (pardon the language, Tasky)! YOU JUST LOST THE GAME FOR YOUR SIDE!

*insert Manfred Von Karma .gif of him banging his head on the wall of his stand repeatedly*
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:18 am

Post by Tasky »

VOTECOUNT 3.2 (GAME OVER)

ajolin (LYNCHED): toxictaipan, RayFrost, Voidedmafia

Voidedmafia (1/3): ajolin

Not Voting (1): David Xanatos

__

ajolin, Vanilla Townie
has been lynched Day 3!

RayFrost
and
Voidedmafia
(a.k.a. The Jungle Mafia) won the game! CONGRATS.

__

Voidedmafia, please refrain from personal attacks.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:28 am

Post by RayFrost »

GG guys.

Voided, that last post was unnecessarily offensive. Ajolin's a newbie, he's learning.

It's appropriate to gloat, but being rude to other players in the way you were with that post is highly, highly frowned upon. Don't. Do it. Again.

And here's the mafia qt for those of you that want to see my brilliance. /lolsarcasm
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:33 am

Post by RayFrost »

I also included in the QT some commentary that I knew would be seen post-game by some of you. Please take what I said into account for future games.

For TS: although you were correct in reading m as scum, your reasoning behind it was terrible. Please try to avoid getting OMGUS-vision.

The toxic wagon was based off of spurious reasoning, and it was very, very easy for me-scum to get townie points from cutting it off. Try to avoid giving people town points based upon breaking down such terribad wagons. They're terribad, so both scum and town will defuse them if they choose to do so.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:51 am

Post by RayFrost »

By the by, this is an image representation of my jungle mafioso self:

Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:54 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

told you ray was scum ¬_¬

then you guys hammered the cop before I could claim
RayFrost wrote: For TS: although you were correct in reading m as scum, your reasoning behind it was terrible. Please try to avoid getting OMGUS-vision.
It wasn't omgus

it was

'cuz I'm town'

etc.
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:56 am

Post by RayFrost »

Twistedspoon wrote:told you ray was scum ¬_¬

then you guys hammered the cop before I could claim
RayFrost wrote: For TS: although you were correct in reading m as scum, your reasoning behind it was terrible. Please try to avoid getting OMGUS-vision.
It wasn't omgus

it was

'cuz I'm town'

etc.
You do realize that the "cuz I'm town" comment was 1) a joke and 2) not even a role claim... I hope. Cuz yeah. It was a deliberate joke. A rather obvious one I might add.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:57 am

Post by RayFrost »

RayFrost wrote:Ohey, jindori's following my genius plan of getting toxic lynched for
my totally pro-town motives of wanting to kill off all the people that suspect me.
Cuz I'm town.
Should've been the hint.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:00 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

eh

my methods of scumhunting are unothodox but effective

they work but they aren't official tells

hopefully next time I won't get hammered page 5 as cop and we can have a real challenge :wink:

~Screwtape
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:05 am

Post by RayFrost »

Twistedspoon wrote:eh

my methods of scumhunting are unothodox but effective

they work but they aren't official tells

hopefully next time I won't get hammered page 5 as cop and we can have a real challenge :wink:
It's not really "effective" to think someone is scum for making a joke like that. I've done it as scum and town. I do it deliberately as both alignments. I like my RVS to be full of fun. That said, I can't really say anything else about your play as you
did
get roflhammered.

By the by, you'd have died n1 if you didn't get lynched because of your irrational but still heavy suspicion of me, so yar.

Still would've saved dekes from the boom, though.
jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:08 am

Post by jmj3000 »

Back-up mod here, with a bit of advice: 1) Never put a vote out as soon as the day starts in LYLO. You are just begging scum to quickhammer if you do. 2) Never give up. Even when it looks like all is lost and you are going to be lynched, keep pulling evidence and making cases. You never know when you might find something that will make people believe you are town.

And now, off I go to read so I can give personalized advice.
Looking for experienced designers to help me design
SONY MAFIA
, a sequel to my Nintendo Mafia game!

Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:11 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

I had a lead on ray

I would have followed that lead, even if it didn't make sense, until he slipped and gave away a tell that did make sense

I've done it before.

I tunneled on a newbie for 20 pages when no-one else suspected him apart from em after a weak tell and eventually I got him to keep slipping and when he did flip scum 'twas thanks to me

but whatever. I never get into the flow of games I replace into :/

~Screwtape
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:39 am

Post by Dekes »

Ajolin, playing for fun and taking this game lightly does not mean it's fun for the others if you ruin the game for them. Something to think about.

Oh, a chainsaw? I feel flattered. GG Ray and Voided.

Thanks for modding, Tasky.
toxictaipan
toxictaipan
Goon
toxictaipan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:41 am

Post by toxictaipan »

GG guys.

ajolin, man, you really ruined the game. That was no fun.
toxictaipan
toxictaipan
Goon
toxictaipan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:01 am

Post by toxictaipan »

Just got done reading the mafia quicktopic. Interesting stuff.

RayFrost, you kept on saying I was about as transparent as I could get, but what other choice did I really have? I basically had to outright tell everyone I was a vanilla townie on Day 1 and spent two whole game days arguing over one of the stupidest reasons for a lynch I've ever seen. Oh, and speaking of which, see what I meant by giving RayFrost the same amount of pressure as me, guys? You totally picked the wrong target because you were stuck on arbitrary reasoning. If you were going to grill me, you should have at least grilled RayFrost, too. Maybe you'll listen next time...

RayFrost, I did end up trusting you, but you were about one of the only players making sense and playing pro-town. Again, I didn't really have a choice. ajolin pulled two quick-hammers like it was
nothing
. How could I
not
be suspicious of that? jindori soaked up a good amount of my suspicion, too. That guy wasn't making
any
sense. Once I realized what was going on, though, I backed off. Maybe I would have suspected you and Voidedmafia if the actual town players played like they were actually town. You guys were given a pretty thick blanket to hide under. :P
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:57 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

RayFrost wrote:Voided, that last post was unnecessarily offensive. Ajolin's a newbie, he's learning.

It's appropriate to gloat, but being rude to other players in the way you were with that post is highly, highly frowned upon. Don't. Do it. Again.

If being blunt as I did there (and doing what he did to himself, i.e hammering without a claim) would mean he woke up and realized that doing quickhammers like that is insanely stupid, highly illogical, and VERY much against what he's supposed to be doing in the first place, in my eyes it would be an appropriate rebuke. Oh, and please don't say I'm gloating because I am so far away from that it's not even funny. We may have won thanks to Ajol's actions, yes, but this game was far from satisfactory in regards to whether I enjoyed it.

Perhaps the caps and the dumbass comment were unnecessary, but regardless of whether or not this is a newbie game, you do
not
quickhammer like that, much less 2 days in a row, and ESPECIALLY without having any good reason for even choosing such a path in the first place. If ajol had given good reasons for either hammer (or, even better, both hammers) prior to doing so instead of saying afterwards "Well, he's basically getting lynched" or "well, he's getting tied up with me and that's bad," I would still be mad about the double quickhammers, but not as mad as I am now because he could at least articulate and explain why he was doing so in the hammerpost and can back it up.

Ajol, just please don't do that again when someone's at L-1 and it's not close to the deadline, at least when you're not scum. You'll just play right into the scum's hands like you just did here. I'm sorry if that post was offensive, and I probably should've waited until I was less angry about what you did, just please tell me you won't do something like this again.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
jindori
jindori
Goon
jindori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:22 pm

Post by jindori »

I was half right. I put my money down on a rayfrost, toxic scum team. I actually Didn't think anyone would hammer twisted and I had a good feeling his was town. So the real reason i voted him was so people would unvote him. I didn't mind the suspicion because i wanted to try the slayer gambit (It backfired.). But wow a quick hammering town ruined it all. I also had a gut feeling ray was scum but i could never find any crucial evidence to pin him.
It's a sin to tell a lie.
wins/loses town 0/1 scum 0/0 third party 0/0

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”