Newbie 1079: Feed the Lynch Mob (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:51 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Bah, posted too early. Page 4 part 2:

Post #95 from Snipe is a little late, since his suspicions came AFTER KoH voted, though I'm not quite sure if there was some motive behind it or not.

GreyICE's anti-prod post (and last good post of this page) contains all his reads so far. I can see where he's coming from with Panda in regards to his actions (Panda is his top suspect at this point), but I still feel that KoH's actions so far would make him scummier in my eyes. He also says Nacho is town, though I'm not sure I feel it as much as he does.

P4 synopsis: Still voting KoH, but Panda does look scummy if you take ICE's read of him. Pretty much everyone else is null, either having not done enough to warrant a read change, or have done both scummy and town things, and therefore balanced it out.

...well, I dallied too long in real life, so the entire re-read will continue tomorrow, and probably into Saturday, since I have some things I need to do tomorrow as well. Terribly sorry. Feel free to comment as you read this, though.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:57 pm

Post by Equinox »

Vote Count 2.09Herodotus (1) - Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8 (1) - GreyICE

Not Voting (5) - Herodotus, tarsonisocelot, Glass, pandabear, Voidedmafia

With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch.

The deadline is Sunday, May 1, 2011, at 11:59 PM EDT (UTC-4).
Last edited by Equinox on Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:12 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Herod wrote:There's no way that a cop says they "know" someone is scum on day 2 without a result on that person.

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 6#p2688066
We have different playstyles. You wouldn't fake confidence that you've found entire scumteams, I would.

Herod wrote:I nearly hammered you more than once.

You hammering me without a claim would've been suicide. Complete and total suicide.

Herod wrote:It is typical to wait for a counter-claim in mafia games. But I think Nacho8 is mostly fakeclaiming to draw out a counterclaim from a real cop (if one exists). So I'd like to see if we can lynch him without anyone counterclaiming so that the cop can stay hidden (if one exists).

I don't really see the scum motivation in this...
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:08 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Herod wrote:It is typical to wait for a counter-claim in mafia games. But I think Nacho8 is mostly fakeclaiming to draw out a counterclaim from a real cop (if one exists). So I'd like to see if we can lynch him without anyone counterclaiming so that the cop can stay hidden (if one exists).

I don't really see the scum motivation in this...

From me?
If I was scum and you were town, my motivation would be to try to get the cop lynched despite knowing there would be no counterclaim.
But in fact I'm town. My motivation is that I either suspect or know (not saying which) that your claim is fake, and I don't particularly think it would be necessary to have a counterclaim.

If you mean the scum motivation from you, the benefits are:
if there isn't a counterclaim, possibly surviving because people are afraid to lynch a claimed cop
if there is, your partner knows who the cop is and can use that information at night.

I'm disappointed by the unvotes.

vote: Nachomamma8
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:13 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Herodotus wrote:I'm disappointed by the unvotes.

To elaborate:
The fact that he claimed to be a cop doesn't make it any less likely that he's mafia. The majority of the time, a mafia member will claim to be a PR if they're close to being lynched.
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:27 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Herod wrote:There's no way that a cop says they "know" someone is scum on day 2 without a result on that person.

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 6#p2688066
We have different playstyles. You wouldn't fake confidence that you've found entire scumteams, I would.

Your link points to a post you made on day 1 of that game.
There was no way that anyone could misinterpret it as implying that you had a guilty result.

Also, from the same game, I found this post:
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 7#p2702917
in which you claimed cop at the start of day 2. With no votes on you.

:cool:
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:32 pm

Post by Glass »

VOTE: Nacho
That is more than enough to confirm my suspicions. If traveller wants to unvote when he gets back whatever, up to him really.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:32 pm

Post by Glass »

L-1 btw
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:04 am

Post by GreyICE »

So far by lynching claimed power roles run up to L-1 in F11 I've hit one town.

I'd go through all the ways that Nacho's answers piss me the hell off, but it's not even worth it. Nacho, if you're town, you've managed to very cleverly disguise it.

Someone hammer.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:07 am

Post by Equinox »

Vote Count 2.10
Nachomamma8 (3) - GreyICE, Herodotus, Glass

Herodotus (1) - Nachomamma8

Not Voting (3) - tarsonisocelot, pandabear, Voidedmafia

The deadline is Sunday, May 1, 2011, at 11:59 PM EDT (UTC-4).[/area]
Last edited by Equinox on Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:29 am, edited 4 times in total.
pandabear
pandabear
Townie
pandabear
Townie
Townie

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:15 am

Post by pandabear »

I trust the experienced players. It did seem fishy that he would claim so late. If he does flip scum, does his inno on tars mean anything? Or is that just a WIFOM attempt by Nacho to keep us confused?

Well, here's DA HAMMA
vote: Nachomamm8
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:25 am

Post by Equinox »

Vote Count 2.11
Nachomamma8 (4) - GreyICE, Herodotus, Glass, pandabear

Herodotus (1) - Nachomamma8

Not Voting (2) - tarsonisocelot, Voidedmafia

The deadline is Sunday, May 1, 2011, at 11:59 PM EDT (UTC-4).[/area]
Mod Notes

The errors in Vote Counts 2.09 and 2.10 have been corrected.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:33 am

Post by Equinox »

That morning, the crowd gathered at the cliff, having decided that it would be better to not disturb the crime scene at the town square. The waterfall made it difficult to hear anything being said, but it didn't stop anyone from trying. For hours, they argued over who would kill }|{opa, who was asleep and who was awake at night, who was seeing whom... It went on and on. Though they were there to root out the mafia, they spent a lot of time bickering about their personal lives. Fortunately for everyone involved, their secrets were drowned out in the background roar.

Sometime during the afternoon, the mob suddenly went quiet. It was then that they realized one person among them had barely spoken at all, and he was rather occupied with a box he was holding in his hands. When he was asked to reveal the contents of the box, Nachomamma8 refused. The wild look he had in his eyes told the mob all they needed to know. They were ready to grab him when Nachomamma8 spoke up:

"I'm the cop!"

Nachomamma8 then presented his badge and an investigative report. Everyone paused for a moment, pondering the claim... and then they moved toward him again. Realizing that there was no convincing them now, Nachomamma8 turned tail and ran. One of the people chasing threw a rock at Nachomamma8's head, and it struck. The shock of getting hit caused him to lose his balance, and he fell off the cliff.

When they looked down, they could see Nachomamma8 at the bottom, no longer moving. Beside him was the box he was holding and a gun.

Nachomamma8,
mafia roleblocker
, was lynched on Day 2!

Night 2 begins now. The deadline is Monday, May 2, 2011, at 12:34 PM EDT (UTC-4).
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 5:51 am

Post by Equinox »

Herodotus's hands shook as he held his cell phone to take a picture of the scene. The crevice in which he crouched was cold from the water and the evening chill, and the fear only made it worse. He knew there wasn't much time to investigate. Soon, Nachomamma8's partner would arrive to clean up the evidence, and Herodotus wanted to at least get a few hints as to who that buddy was before retiring for the night.

Not that there was much to find; Nachomamma8 had been careful about what he carried with him. The only things Herodotus found in the mafioso's pockets were an empty wallet with no identification, a couple of tissues, and a small metal key. Beside the body was the box and gun he'd seen earlier that afternoon. Herodotus took Nachomamma8's key and stuck it into the lock on the box. With a quiet click, the box was unlocked, and Herodotus opened it to look inside.

One single gold bar. It was probably a kilogram. It wasn't surprising that Nachomamma8 had this in his possession, but Herodotus still wondered. Also inside the box was a folded piece of paper. Spotting this, Herodotus grabbed it and opened it. As he read it, he thought he felt his heart skip a beat. This was a note addressed to the two mafia goons in their town. Herodotus had found what he was looking for! At last, they would be free of the scourge of the mafia...

"I'll be taking that from you now," came a voice from behind him.

With a loud bang and an accompanying splash, the mafia's secret was kept.

Herodotus,
townie
, was killed on Night 2!

Day 3 begins now.

Vote Count 3.00
Not Voting (5) - GreyICE, pandabear, tarsonisocelot, Traveller, Voidedmafia

With 5 alive, it's 3 to lynch.

The deadline is Monday, May 23, 2011, at 11:59 PM EDT (UTC-4).

Mod Notes

Traveller is reclaiming Glass's slot. Thank you for filling in, Glass!
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 6:16 am

Post by GreyICE »

Cop should claim if we have one.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
pandabear
pandabear
Townie
pandabear
Townie
Townie

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 8:38 am

Post by pandabear »

not a cop here, but I hope we do have a cop, because that would mean we also have a doc.

If cop is alive it may be auto-win for town
tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 10:10 am

Post by tarsonisocelot »

Also not a cop.
DemonHybrid:Tarson literally took a phallus-shaped knife and fucked my brain with it near the end

My name is Celestia, Princess of Equestria:
Look on my works, ye Mighty and despair!
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 10:18 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Not cop, either.

Traveller, did you get any leads?
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Traveller
Traveller
Townie
Traveller
Townie
Townie

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 12:43 pm

Post by Traveller »

Nope. Will re-read last weeks' posts to see if I can spot something. I'm not a cop. Glad to be back and appreciating Glass filling in.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 1:29 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Well time for me to claim then. I'm...

the...

nope.

Just kidding.

Looks like 7 VTs. :P

Well, dammit. I'd have liked a free win for once, but I've drawn Cop+Doctor once, and 7 VTs three times or so. Yeah.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
pandabear
pandabear
Townie
pandabear
Townie
Townie

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 2:06 pm

Post by pandabear »

lol Grey the suspense really got me there

well it's still town favored, no? We have 2 mislynches.

My #1 suspicion is on Tars. She was the only one reluctant to go Nacho

tarsonisocelot wrote:
GreyICE wrote:
thil13 wrote:Welcome... I don't really like this game, I think I won't be doing anymore newbie games, it's just too monotonous for me.

Everything I said previously stands firm, but I am willing to give Hero a chance and go with his logic. If Nacho flips town, I will be even more suspicious of Hero.

:?

I pray Nacho flips scum, because I want you dead before LyLo, and somehow I think the scumteam won't do it.

Can we please lynch him today? I'm still trying to figure out the Hero/Nacho stuff but thil13 is scummier than both.

Thil13: Since you don't seem to even want to contribute, the most pro-town thing you could do now is to replace out.

Also, if thil13 is the scum I think he is and not just bad town then this post would suggest that both Nacho and Hero are town.

@tars: why did you want to push the thil13 lynch so badly?

As for thil13, I don't think he's mafia because of this post:

thil13 wrote:Welcome... I don't really like this game, I think I won't be doing anymore newbie games, it's just too monotonous for me.

Everything I said previously stands firm, but I am willing to give Hero a chance and go with his logic. If Nacho flips town, I will be even more suspicious of Hero.

If thil13 was Nacho's partner, he would not have L-1ed Nacho so nonchalantly that day. And this post makes me think he was mostly bored because he was town, not scum.

Grey and Traveller(/Glass) gave townreads from me, and their actions yesterday regarding their votes on Nacho affirmed it.
pandabear
pandabear
Townie
pandabear
Townie
Townie

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 2:08 pm

Post by pandabear »

EWODP forgot my
vote: tarsonisocelot
Traveller
Traveller
Townie
Traveller
Townie
Townie

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 4:37 pm

Post by Traveller »

Just went back and looked at past votes. Seems that, in addition to Herodotus and }|{opa, four of the five remaining players voted to lynch NachoMamma8 at one time or another. Only one of the remaining players has never voted to lynch Nacho: tarsonisoscelot.

In every vote tally, TO voted for me (and, no, this isn't retribution), thil or Grey, or she abstained.

One thing that tempers this revelation a bit is that Nacho once voted to lynch her, but his was the only one against her at the time. Perhaps a red herring.

Damning evidence? Not nearly by itself, but with Panda's observations above, it makes her my #1 suspect.
tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 10:50 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

Traveller wrote:Just went back and looked at past votes. Seems that, in addition to Herodotus and }|{opa, four of the five remaining players voted to lynch NachoMamma8 at one time or another. Only one of the remaining players has never voted to lynch Nacho: tarsonisoscelot.

In every vote tally, TO voted for me (and, no, this isn't retribution), thil or Grey, or she abstained.

One thing that tempers this revelation a bit is that Nacho once voted to lynch her, but his was the only one against her at the time. Perhaps a red herring.

Damning evidence? Not nearly by itself, but with Panda's observations above, it makes her my #1 suspect.

Don't just use vote tallies for past votes. I did have a vote on Nacho for a while in RVS. See post #27. And I voted sn1pe.
I don't think Nacho's vote on me proves anything positive or negative alignment-wise. It appeared to be there to tell me that I was doing a bad job of putting on pressure rather than anything else.
DemonHybrid:Tarson literally took a phallus-shaped knife and fucked my brain with it near the end

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 11:25 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

pandabear wrote:lol Grey the suspense really got me there

well it's still town favored, no? We have 2 mislynches.

My #1 suspicion is on Tars. She was the only one reluctant to go Nacho

tarsonisocelot wrote:
GreyICE wrote:

:?

I pray Nacho flips scum, because I want you dead before LyLo, and somehow I think the scumteam won't do it.

Can we please lynch him today? I'm still trying to figure out the Hero/Nacho stuff but thil13 is scummier than both.

Thil13: Since you don't seem to even want to contribute, the most pro-town thing you could do now is to replace out.

Also, if thil13 is the scum I think he is and not just bad town then this post would suggest that both Nacho and Hero are town.

@tars: why did you want to push the thil13 lynch so badly?

I got completely lost in the Hero/Nacho fight and couldn't seem to keep a solid read on either, though it towards the end i'd begun to think Nachoscum was more likely than Hero. thil13 was being lurky and anti-town to the point that replacing out was the only thing they could do to benefit us. When they replaced out I unvoted - it was a pro-town action by them.
The extreme, non-participatory boredom then replacing out seems town but at this point they were just playing a very anti-town way. That post could have been made by scum aiming for a double-mislynch of players in a town vs town fight.

As for thil13, I don't think he's mafia because of this post:

If thil13 was Nacho's partner, he would not have L-1ed Nacho so nonchalantly that day. And this post makes me think he was mostly bored because he was town, not scum.

Grey and Traveller(/Glass) gave townreads from me, and their actions yesterday regarding their votes on Nacho affirmed it.

I stopped thinking thil13 was lurking scum and considered them as possible bored town when they replaced out. I was nervous about lynching Nacho just after they claimed Cop with a verdict I knew to be correct (though I suppose mafia would always know which players are town aligned in this set-up). Then Nacho got lynched and was scum. Will look and see who would make a good buddy for them in a bit.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”