Newbie 1094: Let us simulate. Game over. Scum win.

Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:01 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Spadille wrote:Competency is a case-to-case basis and should not be connected to being town or being scum. >.< Town have no reason to create Illogical and Shit arguments because they are trying to lynch the scum. Unlike the scum, because scum have all the reason to generate Illogical and Shit arguments. Scum wants a town to wear the scum boots and be granted a lynch.

You're arguing contradictory points here Spadille; ether competency is unrelated to alignment or town have a more vested interest in being competent that scum and thus incompetency is a scumtell. You can't have it both ways.
Spadille
Spadille
Goon
Spadille
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:07 am

Post by Spadille »

Uhm. Turning into Semantic's Debate again? >.< Competency as the way I see it is the number of posts.
Spadille wrote:Town have no reason to create Illogical and Shit arguments because they are trying to lynch the scum. Unlike the scum, because scum have all the reason to generate Illogical and Shit arguments. Scum wants a town to wear the scum boots and be granted a lynch.

If that's the case, this is really what I stand on.
"
Spadille
? Because the name 'Ace Of Spades' is already taken."

No, seriously. I'm one of those town guys.
Spadille
Spadille
Goon
Spadille
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:10 am

Post by Spadille »

Oh, and Hi there. Are you online and just watching Cobbler and I? How many times have you been doing this?
"
Spadille

Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:39 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Spadille wrote:Uhm. Turning into Semantic's Debate again? >.< Competency as the way I see it is the number of posts.
Spadille wrote:Town have no reason to create Illogical and Shit arguments because they are trying to lynch the scum. Unlike the scum, because scum have all the reason to generate Illogical and Shit arguments. Scum wants a town to wear the scum boots and be granted a lynch.

If that's the case, this is really what I stand on.

I don't think so; mostly because I don't think there's anyone who would use "competency" in that fashion; it's completely unrelated to the actual meaning of the word. In fact it's basically a given fact that quantity and quality are not interchangable attributes.

What I think is that you know the competency is unrelated to alignment and so the first thing you said was the truth. BUT you've got a vested interest in securing the Cobblerfone lynch beyond what you know is true and thus are trying to spin his incompetence as a scumtell. And here's the kicker, if you're town the truth should be guiding your actions but instead you're desperately trying to get a bad player lynched with faulty logic. The beauty of that is that when the bad player flips town is that you can then push all the blame off onto the bad player for playing poorly and be free of fault yourself. Yep, that's definatly what this looks like.

It is my birthday this weekend so I'm going to be busy, but I'm going to review your posts and see if the rest of the evidence matches my conclusion. Consider yourself on notice.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: I don't know

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:24 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

YAY! I wasn't sure if the WIFOM was reasonable! But the IC has validated me! Granted, it's possible DDD is mafia... But YAY!
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:30 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

Oh yeah,

VOTE: Spadille

The only thing that stopped me was the WIFOM. But as DDD pointed out, it might not be a pure WIFOM but could instead be the use of making things appear scummy to use that as an excuse instead of just counting on it being so obvious.
Spadille
Spadille
Goon
Spadille
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:51 am

Post by Spadille »

Side-Note: Kay, happy 25th birthday then dude! I wish your party luck if you have one today :D. More birthdays to come.
-------
DDD wrote:What I think is that you know the competency is unrelated to alignment and so the first thing you said was the truth.

I -know- what I mean because I was the one who said it. Are you putting words in my mouth? Wow.

Competency the way I see it is Quantity. It's the competitiveness right? Being competitive in mafia is done by posts.

DDD wrote:if you're town the truth should be guiding your actions but instead you're desperately trying to get a bad player lynched with faulty logic.

Isn't what I just presented truth? Wasn't Cobblerfone constantly voting with nothing but CrapLogicTM aside from other mentioned scummy things the truth? Interesting. What do you think anyway?
=====
Cobblerfone wrote:I wasn't sure if the WIFOM was reasonable! But the IC has validated me!
------
The only thing that stopped me was the WIFOM. But as DDD pointed out, it might not be a pure WIFOM but could instead be the use of making things appear scummy to use that as an excuse instead of just counting on it being so obvious.

Wut? EXCUSE ME I am not making things to appear scummy. It was you making it scummy. Your posts and actions are already scummy. All I had to do as town is to point out what you are doing. You can't change the post and action's scumminess. Never.

And DDD's point was me accusing you of using shit logic when voting and within arguments. NOT what your vote reason at #505 suggests. Wow.
"
Spadille

Spadille
Spadille
Goon
Spadille
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:53 am

Post by Spadille »

I thought you were tired? You are still here and have been constantly arguing with me. Ok, then now's the good time to do this.
Cobblerfone wrote:I actually wasn't sure. I was refering to the arguments he gave for lynching Quilford, because I thought they came from you, but when I looked back I was so tired I couldn't read more than a couple posts. Point is, if he did parrot then I'm sure he's town. I'm still kind of tired, I'll try to look it up later.
"
Spadille

Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:01 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

Spadille wrote:Competency the way I see it is Quantity. It's the competitiveness right? Being competitive in mafia is done by posts.

Competency doesn't share the root with compete. (Well it might, I'm not an etymologist.)

"Competency" is like proficency or skill. If one is competent, one is skilled or wise.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:14 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

I wrote:I actually wasn't sure. I was refering to the arguments he gave for lynching Quilford, because I thought they came from you, but when I looked back I was so tired I couldn't read more than a couple posts. Point is, if he did parrot then I'm sure he's town. I'm still kind of tired, I'll try to look it up later.

I almost forgot, but I wrote earlier than that, that I had decided through reasoning whether or not parroting would have been good enough evidence for izakthegoomba at that point, since that was one of the two points. I had decided that it wouldn't have been because it doesn't make sense for scum to immediately do something that's was used as part of the case against Quilford. It's better to just stay quiet. And, if izakthegoomba hadn't parroted, then there's no evidence for or against him. I'll still reread it if you really want me to. It's just searching through this thread is really troublesome. What's the easiest way to ISO? I'll have to do it twice, but still it's nice to know.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:09 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Ok, I'm sittig in a restaurant in Cotswald scrounging off the free wi-fi, so I'd just like to say: Cobblerfone, you havn't helped yourself out their. Come on, lynch him!
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:56 am

Post by Nexus »

Votecount 2.3:

Cobblerfone (2): Spadille, izakthegoomba
Spadille (1): Cobblerfone

Not voting: Debonair Danny DiPietro, jmurph3, Heliman, Trendall

With seven alive it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline is at 8am (GMT) on the 17th May 2011

Trendall has about 16 hours to post, otherwise he will be replaced.
Trans rights are human rights.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:41 pm

Post by Cobblerfone »

Actually after thinking about it, it would make sense if competent and compete had the same origin because they both deal with skill.

I checked izak's post history and looked at all the games he's in. @izak: Have any of you're games finished?
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:42 pm

Post by Cobblerfone »

Darn, messed up you're/your again.

Anyway, it could be helpful in deciding whether izak's scum or scummy town.
Heliman
Heliman
Goon
Heliman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:01 pm

Post by Heliman »

Really? Tell me why.
Show
WE HOPE YOU CAN FIND PROPER MEDICINAL TREATMENT FOR THESE SICK BURNS
AS THE ONLY PHYSICIAN ON CALL IS RESIDING IN HIS ABODE
IN OTHER WORDS, TO COMPLETE THE ANALOGY
THE DOCTOR IS IN THE HOUSE.
The Aggressive Mafia Forum I came from.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:34 pm

Post by Cobblerfone »

Ever heard of meta? You can only work with finished games though. Because,

1. you don't know the person's alignment until it's officially revealed.

2. It's bad to bring multiple ongoing games into a big ol' meta-mess. Because the rules are to play-to-win.
Spadille
Spadille
Goon
Spadille
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:41 pm

Post by Spadille »

Yep. I fucked up. I searched for the meaning and Competence is having sufficient skill, knowledge. Compete is to strive against another or others to attain a goal, such as an advantage or a victory.
What I really mean is this. Putting words in my mouth, however, is suspicious.

DDD wrote:f you're town the truth should be guiding your actions

Then what's up with putting words in my mouth? I thought the truth, not what -you- think, guides the town's actions? By saying this, you are calling my arguments against Cobblerfone false. Which is funny because we have more than enough evidences against him for a lynch.

FoS:Debonair Danny DiPietro

You have accused me on how I used the words, clearly an exploit against people who's first language is not english. I have stated that already in the past post.
And also, you have spinned my incompetency of using the english word as scumtell. This is cute because basing on your statement, you are scummy too.
------------------
@Cobblerfone
Past games won't predict present games. Trust me.(Been there done that)
But you can try.
"
Spadille

Spadille
Spadille
Goon
Spadille
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:22 pm

Post by Spadille »

Heliman, stop lurking. Everytime I see you online and go here, then you just leave without even posting. This isn't even the first time.
"
Spadille

Spadille
Spadille
Goon
Spadille
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:23 pm

Post by Spadille »

Or I didn't wait long enough *facepalm for the 2 posts made again*
"
Spadille

Heliman
Heliman
Goon
Heliman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:21 pm

Post by Heliman »

Do I really have to be the guy to argue this? Oh fuck it, I didn't come here just so I could avoid stepping on toes.

@spaidlle

Spadille wrote:
DDD wrote:What I think is that you know the competency is unrelated to alignment and so the first thing you said was the truth.

I -know- what I mean because I was the one who said it. Are you putting words in my mouth? Wow.
Oh my gosh, but what if you're just saying that to keep yourself looking suspicious because you're lying scum? No! No! I'm being sucked down your hole of WIFOM noooooooooo!

Spadille wrote:
FoS:Debonair Danny DiPietro

You have accused me on how I used the words, clearly an exploit against people who's first language is not english. I have stated that already in the past post.
And also, you have spinned my incompetency of using the english word as scumtell. This is cute because basing on your statement, you are scummy too.

Ok I'm not buying this a second time. You've demonstrated to have a well enough vocabulary so far and the definition of a word isn't exactly a vague reference a non-english speaker would automatically misinterpret to mean something else (and not look in a dictionary if he didn't understand it.)

Also, if "Competetiveness" is what you meant to say, then why does it still fail to to place into this post properly? it may fit nicely into the first sentence, but it makes the rest of the post a mindless ramble that has nothing to do with being competitive.

@Debo

Slightly less accusatory and overly-defensive question about that "truth guiding your actions" bit. Is there such thing as truth in a game like this? Isn't there almost always some degree of uncertainty?

@Cobblefone

Cobblerfone wrote:YAY! I wasn't sure if the WIFOM was reasonable! But the IC has validated me! Granted, it's possible DDD is mafia... But YAY!

WIFOM shouldn't ever be reasonable... Where and how did Debo approve of your WIFOM exactly? Because as far as I can see he has been just calling you a generally bad player the same way we do.
Show
WE HOPE YOU CAN FIND PROPER MEDICINAL TREATMENT FOR THESE SICK BURNS
AS THE ONLY PHYSICIAN ON CALL IS RESIDING IN HIS ABODE
IN OTHER WORDS, TO COMPLETE THE ANALOGY
THE DOCTOR IS IN THE HOUSE.
The Aggressive Mafia Forum I came from.
Spadille
Spadille
Goon
Spadille
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:45 am

Post by Spadille »

Heliman wrote:Oh my gosh, but what if you're just saying that to keep yourself looking suspicious because you're lying scum? No! No! I'm being sucked down your hole of WIFOM noooooooooo!

You made your own WIFOM. -.-' What I meant is what I meant.

Heliman wrote:Ok I'm not buying this a second time.

Believe it or not, I mistook Competency to be synonyms with Competitiveness(by posts).

Heliman wrote:Also, if "Competetiveness" is what you meant to say, then why does it still fail to to place into this post properly?

Because it was a direct response from Cobblerfone's statement here.

Cobblerfone wrote:What I says applies to newb town. And competency isn't inherent in being town. If anything, it's inherent in being mafia.
"
Spadille

Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:22 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

Heliman wrote:WIFOM shouldn't ever be reasonable... Where and how did Debo approve of your WIFOM exactly? Because as far as I can see he has been just calling you a generally bad player the same way we do.

Well, the WIFOM was "why would he attack us both so hard when we're going to flip town?" but, since DDD pointed out it might not be a WIFOM strategy, but instead an improvised gambit using "scumtells" which he defines.
Spadille
Spadille
Goon
Spadille
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:25 am

Post by Spadille »

So woah woah woah, now you think scumhunting is scummy?
"
Spadille

Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:26 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

No, you're using bad or false scumtells. That's scummy.
Spadille
Spadille
Goon
Spadille
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:29 am

Post by Spadille »

Cobblerfone wrote:you're using bad or false scumtells.

This is funny because you do what you think is scummy.

But I don't. Everything against you is real things and they are legit.

You use bad AND false scumtells. You are scum by your own definition.
"
Spadille

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”