Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2250 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2011 12:04 pm

Post by Magua »

Raivann and tclawren need prods. Raivann should just go ahead and claim.

Of the lynch wagons presented to me so far, Stephoscope's is by far the most appealing.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2251 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2011 12:13 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

I'm all for lynching Raivann without a claim. He definently has a fake claim in the backhand so it makes no difference.

But Magua, assuming you think he is town, why do you want him to claim when in fact you aren't interested at putting him at L-1 or the hammer.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2252 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2011 12:45 pm

Post by Magua »

Magister Ludi wrote:But Magua, assuming you think he is town, why do you want him to claim when in fact you aren't interested at putting him at L-1 or the hammer.

Because people aren't going to get off of this "Raivann plays scummy, must be scum" mindset until either he's dead and flipped or it has become mechanically impossible for him to be scum. Him not claiming for the rest of this day is just going to be more "lolkillitwithfire" posts, regardless of anything else. Having Raivann's claim may or may not provide a way that he can be cleared.
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2253 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2011 5:27 pm

Post by Charlie »

Magister Ludi wrote:I'm all for lynching Raivann without a claim. He definently has a fake claim in the backhand so it makes no difference.

Hey!
No way in heck that's gonna happen.
Kindness
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2254 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 2:15 am

Post by Occult »

Magua wrote:
Magister Ludi wrote:But Magua, assuming you think he is town, why do you want him to claim when in fact you aren't interested at putting him at L-1 or the hammer.

Because people aren't going to get off of this "Raivann plays scummy, must be scum" mindset until either he's dead and flipped or it has become mechanically impossible for him to be scum. Him not claiming for the rest of this day is just going to be more "lolkillitwithfire" posts, regardless of anything else. Having Raivann's claim may or may not provide a way that he can be cleared.

Well if someone plays scummy, it is likely that they are scum. We could start lynching people based on how town like they play, would that help us quicker reach scum?

Magua wrote:
Before that, I was meh on the Raivann wagon to begin with. Raivann vote hopes *a lot*. It's what he does. He's always scummy looking, he's always a relatively easy mislynch. So I tend to be more critical when people are like "derp da derp look at Raivann vote hopping, he must be scum" and tend to look more at the motivations behind Raivann's vote hopping, and so far, those haven't been particularly scummy.

Looking back at the D1 votecounts, either the *entire* scumteam was bussing Acronach, or Surye, Metro, and your slot have a very high chance of being scum. I'm meh on you being scum, I'm leaning Surye being scum, but Metro's a very likely candidate.

And I am looked at this, I personally don't like when meta is brought into the game, but it is always worth a second look... I am seeing him vote around with not much reason, I have never seen someone state that they are so sure that someone needs to die, as many times as he has and changed his vote, his play has been scummy as hell.
Cuttlefish
Cuttlefish
Goon
Cuttlefish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2255 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 7:17 am

Post by Cuttlefish »

Vote Count 4.8

Raivann (5)
- Magister Ludi, C-Worl, Empking, Stephoscope, Occult
Stephoscope (3)
- Lady Lambdadelta, Surye, MagnaofIllusion
Metro (1)
- Raivann
Empking (1)
- Zyrconium

Not Voting (4)
- tclawren, Metro, Magua, Charlie

With 13 players alive, 7 votes are required to lynch.

It is currently
01:38
on
April 3rd
. Cutthulhufish is due to arrive at
00:00
on
April 7th

Metro is being replaced.

Surye, Raivann and tclawren have all been prodded.
*Cuddle*
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2256 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 7:20 am

Post by Empking »

Wow that Raivann fellow is scummy.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2257 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 7:22 am

Post by Magister Ludi »

Occult has it spot on.

I really can't see any reason not to be voting Raivann at this time, and stalling out this game is going to become anti-town in a hurry now that we know there is a role that wins should the game go a particular length.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2258 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 7:27 am

Post by Empking »

Magister Ludi wrote:Occult has it spot on.

I really can't see any reason not to be voting Raivann at this time, and stalling out this game is going to become anti-town in a hurry now that we know there is a role that wins should the game go a particular length.

Will he be able to win now he's dead? (Lynchers can't and they're the same sort of thing.)
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2259 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 7:31 am

Post by Magister Ludi »

That implies that you only think there is one of that particular anti-town faction, when I believe there may be multiple players with that same wincon.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2260 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 7:38 am

Post by Surye »

Magister Ludi wrote:Occult has it spot on.

Good point, and I am still okay with the Raivann lynch, so UNVOTE: VOTE: Raivann.
Cuttlefish
Cuttlefish
Goon
Cuttlefish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2261 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 7:39 am

Post by Cuttlefish »

Day Four Final Vote Count

Raivann (6)
- Magister Ludi, C-Worl, Empking, Stephoscope, Occult, Surye

Stephoscope (2)
- Lady Lambdadelta, MagnaofIllusion
Metro (1)
- Raivann
Empking (1)
- Zyrconium

Not Voting (4)
- tclawren, Metro, Magua, Charlie

With 13 players alive, 7 votes are required to lynch.

It is currently
01:38
on
April 3rd
on
April 7th

Metro is being replaced.

~~~~~~~~~~

Since this is the fourth time you'd lynch someone, you decide that now's the time for Raivann to make like a banana and split.

"But guys," he cried in futility, "I didn't mean I actually split people in half!" But it was too late. Minds had been made up. Raivann was tied to the altar and Cuttlefish descended to make the ceremonial appendage-stuffing.

Except Cuttlefish slipped and accidentally chopped Raivann in half with one of his many arms! "Oops, sorry. My bad. Oh well, he's dead anyway."

OR WAS HE.

~~~~~~~~~~

It is now night four. Deadline falls 72 hours from this post.
*Cuddle*
Cuttlefish
Cuttlefish
Goon
Cuttlefish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2262 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 3:52 pm

Post by Cuttlefish »

pappums rat replaces Metro. Thanks! :D
*Cuddle*
Cuttlefish
Cuttlefish
Goon
Cuttlefish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2263 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 9:55 am

Post by Cuttlefish »

Day Five dawns, and things are getting heated. Cutthulhufish draws a bit nearer, and, as is the case with every morning, more bodies litter the ground.

Raivann's death is the most noticable, if only because there are now three of him. His top half was moved to the center of the room and cut in half again, and his bottom half still lay next to the altar. He managed to survive being chopped in half the first time, but the second time proved fatal.

Raivann
-
Earthworm Jim
[
from Earthworm Jim
], Split-Bodied Short-Lived Reviver - Dim halved night four.
Deja Vecu
-
Earthworm Jim
[
from Earthworm Jim
], Split-Bodied Short-Lived Reviver - Died night four.

Lady Lambdadelta's body lies next to Raivann's torso. The rings around her neck tell of death by strangulation, but the hole in the roof and the fist-mark under her chin both tell of death by uppercutation. HOW DID SHE REALLY DIE? I DON'T KNOW, I'M A CUTTLEFISH NOT A CORONER FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

Lady Lambadelta
-
Pei-Pei's Mom
[
from Freaky Friday
], Reverse Bus-Driver - Strangled and uppercutted into oblivion night four.

~~~~~~~~~~

Vote Count 5.0

Not Voting (12)
- Magua, tclawren, MagnaofIllusion, Magister Ludi, Zyrconium, Empking, Charlie, Occult, Surye, Stephoscope, C-Worl, pappums rat

With 11 players alive, 6 votes are required to lynch.

It is currently
09:38
on
April 3rd
on
April 7th

tclawren has requested replacement. Please hold. Your call is important to us.
Last edited by Cuttlefish on Wed May 18, 2011 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
*Cuddle*
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2264 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 10:13 am

Post by C-Worl »

Ok, so we had 2 death flavors that were not repeated and then we have "strangled" which has occurred every night, along with "dimhalved" and "uppercutted into oblivion" which have both occurred the last two nights. So we have 11 alive and 3 killers on the loose.

"Strangled" is most likely the mafia since it's been a constant.

Any guesses on "dimhalved" and "uppercutted to oblivion"? Any thoughts that one could be a vig, both could be vigs or both could be other?
Show
... Even when C-worl is providing no content, C-worl is providing no content. Feat considered impressive. ...

Pleasedont reiterate things I've already said. I know the things I already said. In fact, I'm the one that said them

I'm sure that makes sense in some way I'm not seeing.... but I'm not seeing how that makes any sense.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2265 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 10:17 am

Post by Magua »

Strangled

1. Cojin - Jade [from MS Paint Adventures], Cosmically-Gifted Investigator - Strangled night one.
16. jindori - Saddest Turtle [from buttersafe.com], Motivating Happy Amphibian - Strangled night two.
2. Fuzzy Beavers - Kirby [from the Kirby series], Master-Choosing Perfectionist Combined Poison Roleblock Enabler - Strangled night three.
17. Lady Lambdadelta - Pei-Pei's Mom [from Freaky Friday], Reverse Bus-Driver - Strangled and uppercutted into oblivion night four.

These are the mafia kill. These are the people that the mafia was scared of.

Dim Halved

8. Amrun - Urist McNoble [from Dwarf Fortress], Insanity-Influenced Crippling Vanillizing Lesser Voteblocker Roleblocker Suicide Bomber - Dim halved and uppercutted into oblivion night three.
14. Raivann - Earthworm Jim [from Earthworm Jim], Split-Bodied Short-Lived Reviver - Dim halved night four.

It should be obvious that Raivann was not the dim halved killer, despite what certain very vocal players (MagnaofIllusion) were holding to be true.

These kills start Night 3. Serial Killer would start killing immediately; Vigilante might plausibly wait, but no vigilante would be killing Amrun. On the other hand, I can easily see a vigilante killing Raivann. So I don't know what to make of these.

Uppercutted into oblivion

8. Amrun - Urist McNoble [from Dwarf Fortress], Insanity-Influenced Crippling Vanillizing Lesser Voteblocker Roleblocker Suicide Bomber - Dim halved and uppercutted into oblivion night three.
17. Lady Lambdadelta - Pei-Pei's Mom [from Freaky Friday], Reverse Bus-Driver - Strangled and uppercutted into oblivion night four.

These also start Night 3. Odd that both of these are on double kills and always second. Being on both Amrun and LLD, however, there's no chance that this is a vigilante.

But it can't be mafia (why double up on the LLD kill?) or tied to the dim halved killer (why double up on Amrun?). The only thing I can think of is that it could be some form of mafia second-kill that LLD ended up directing onto herself inadvertently.

Character Appropriate Death

19. vezokpiraka - Seal Clubber [from Kingdom of Loathing], Modified Treasure Hunter Inventor - Pulverized night one.
15. Wild GreyICE - Rose [from MS Paint Adventures], Cosmically-Gifted Investigator - Electrocuted night two.

These stop N2, before the dim halved / uppercutted kills start. These can't be from Nobody Special, as he was lynched D2. My pet theory on these is that it has something to do with claiming part of your role -- both vezok and GreyICE did this. However, other people have certainly done this (C-Worl comes to mind) and yet aren't dead, so the theory doesn't hold.

tl; dr: Strangled is mafia. Dim halved *could* *maybe* *possibly* be vig. Uppercutted has hit only strong town players, isn't vig. Role Appropriate Deaths, I just don't even know anymore.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2266 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 10:18 am

Post by Magua »

Other stuff: $10 says tclawren is replacing out because he received no contracts.

*Really* want to hear something from pappums rat.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2267 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 10:23 am

Post by Empking »

Strangled is probably Serial Killer.

Vote: Charlie
- Active lurking.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2268 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 10:25 am

Post by Magua »

There is no way an SK killed jindori.

Just. No way.
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2269 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 10:27 am

Post by C-Worl »

Empking wrote:Strangled is probably Serial Killer.

- Active lurking.

He does that in all his games but,

He needs to die before he can become a liability to town (LyLo situations would be scary with Charlie) I was hoping a vig or something would get him by now but they've completely ignored him. This Janitor of sorts makes it hard to figure out who the scum are.

Why do you think Strangled is SK?
Show
... Even when C-worl is providing no content, C-worl is providing no content. Feat considered impressive. ...

Pleasedont reiterate things I've already said. I know the things I already said. In fact, I'm the one that said them

I'm sure that makes sense in some way I'm not seeing.... but I'm not seeing how that makes any sense.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2270 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 10:36 am

Post by Empking »

Why do you think Strangled is SK?

Its constant from an anti-town force.
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2271 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 11:19 am

Post by pappums rat »

TBH I am kind of glad that Raivann was NK'ed, I would probably have been pushing his lynch today if he hadn't because I thought he was obvscum.

I agree with Magua on the kills, especially the strangled kills. They make sense for the mafia.

Vote:Stephoscope
for active lurking since she replaced in, as well as for implosion, who I found to be scummy as well.

Here are my reads:

Town: Empking, Magua, and tclawren (3rd party, I know, but not scum)
Leaning town: MoI, Occult, Magister Ludi, C-Worl
Scummy: Stephoscope, Charlie, Surye
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2272 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 11:42 am

Post by C-Worl »

pappums rat wrote:TBH I am kind of glad that Raivann was NK'ed, I would probably have been pushing his lynch today if he hadn't because I thought he was obvscum.

I agree with Magua on the kills, especially the strangled kills. They make sense for the mafia.

Vote:Stephoscope
for active lurking since she replaced in, as well as for implosion, who I found to be scummy as well.

Here are my reads:

Town: Empking, Magua, and tclawren (3rd party, I know, but not scum)
Leaning town: MoI, Occult, Magister Ludi, C-Worl
Scummy: Stephoscope, Charlie, Surye

So you're not voting Charlie who fits the active lurking MO more than anyone else bc?
Show

Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2273 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 11:45 am

Post by Stephoscope »

I knew the lynch at six was coming. I tried my best to call it, but the mod had the thread locked *immediately* after Surye's vote.

Last night I learned how many towns and how many scums are left in the game. Does anyone want to hazard a guess?
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2274 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 11:46 am

Post by pappums rat »

AFAIK Charlie has a reputation for this sort of play, whereas Stephoscope does not. And I am more confident in my scumread on her than I am on Charlie.

P. Edit: No, I would prefer if you would just tell us.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”