Mini 1170: Nowhereville Mafia '11- Over!

Quinnster
Quinnster
Goon
Quinnster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 5:01 pm

Post by Quinnster »

I was asked to defend him against a large number of people who were suspicious of him. I had already showed my allegiance to him earlier on without explaining it, so I felt the need to. In retrospect, I should have heightened my actual case, instead of forcing a claim (a claim I had "proof" for, no less!).

Also, yes, he wasn't at L-1. More bad playing from me. I have no excuse for that. I've been incredibly stressed for other reasons recently, and I let them bleed into the game instead of playing logically. Not that that's a reason. I'm living every single thing I warn newbies against, and I can't believe what a monumentally bad play that was. The mind boggles. I'm also used to 9-player games, where 5 would be the majority, instead of 7. I felt I needed to because I was afraid he'd be lyched and we'd lose two townies before day 2 instead of one. In my mind, it was the only possible play for me, but my mind turned out to be really dumb.
Little triggers, how do you do?
I've been waiting, waiting for you.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 9:23 pm

Post by PJ. »

Vote:Quinnster
That's a cardinal sin in my book. Between blatant rolefishing and being over defensive of another player(buddying), I really think you're today's lynch and if you flip scum, we'd be certain kool is town(because why would scum rolefish a scum buddy).

I highly recommend this because it gives us a ton more information then a Kool or Kalofer does at this point.

@Supreme, I've been playing this game for a long time and I feel fairly confident in my ability to accurately read players as new as Elfen and Kool, mostly because they are being rather obvious. If Quinnster pops scum, I would have to eat my words on Kool, but I'm absolutely positive Elfen is town and I'm not sure there's much that could change my opinion(to the point if Quinn rolefished Elfen I would be calling for his lynch even more fervantly). I do agree with you that I shouldn't speak in absolutes during a game of mafia.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Elfen
Elfen
Goon
Elfen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 12:27 am

Post by Elfen »

actually, i never did claim, i may of softclaimed abit but not claimed o.o
CooLskins
CooLskins
Goon
CooLskins
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 1:42 am

Post by CooLskins »

Panzerjager wrote:I think they two scummiest people here are Kal and Sleepy to be honest with you. Elfen is confirmed town.
I think Kool is confirmed scum but at this point I think we can save him for the second lynch if we catch his buddy.

Sleepy seems to be defending Kool(could be his buddy), while Kal is obviously distancing. Not sure which side i want to pick in the end, but I do want a claim
Vote:Kalofer

Why would you ever not lynch confirmed scum? I'm just asking. Because if you know for sure that someone is scum, shouldn't you lynch them? Isn't that the general idea of the game?

Quinnster wrote:Okay, The Kool. Here's what it comes down to. I was asked why I find you so pro-town, so I went back and read your ISO. You're playing really scummy, and I honestly can't blame people for finding you suspicious. However, I don't want to waste today's lynch on someone I believe so strongly to be pro-town. I want you to claim. I suspect that you've been breadcrumbing, and that's the only reason I have for finding you pro-town. If you're a PR, claim now so we don't lose a townie today and another tonight.

Despite role fishing here there is something that sticks out even more. Its this:

Okay, The Kool. Here's what it comes down to. I was asked why I find you so pro-town, so I went back and read your ISO. You're playing really scummy, and I honestly can't blame people for finding you suspicious. However, I don't want to waste today's lynch on someone I believe so strongly to be pro-town.

We never know why he thinks kool is pro-town. "Ohh, he's pro town" is the only reason we get. Aside from the stupid role fish you have yet to answer a basic question, and you actually seem to be dodging that question in later posts.

Quinnster wrote:I was asked to defend him against a large number of people who were suspicious of him. I had already showed my allegiance to him earlier on without explaining it, so I felt the need to. In retrospect, I should have heightened my actual case, instead of forcing a claim (a claim I had "proof" for, no less!).

Also, yes, he wasn't at L-1. More bad playing from me. I have no excuse for that. I've been incredibly stressed for other reasons recently, and I let them bleed into the game instead of playing logically. Not that that's a reason. I'm living every single thing I warn newbies against, and I can't believe what a monumentally bad play that was. The mind boggles. I'm also used to 9-player games, where 5 would be the majority, instead of 7. I felt I needed to because I was afraid he'd be lyched and we'd lose two townies before day 2 instead of one. In my mind, it was the only possible play for me, but my mind turned out to be really dumb.

Another appeal to being a noob? What is this game turned into? Let's lynch the less nooby person because they know for sure whats going on and they have to be scum.
unvote, vote: charter
<- this guy is so much more experienced then me that he has got to be scum. Simply because he makes no mistakes and looks pro town means that he is scum. NO other questions about it he is too good to be town. Lets lynch him.

And again he doesn't actually lay out that case. Let me guess the reason why he doesn't lay out that case. Because he doesn't have one.
@quinnster,
1)do you or do you not have a case on kool being town? If yes, you had better have it in your next fucking post.
2) can you or can you not defend yourself without using the noob card? And in your next post do it.
3)Why should we believe you? If yes, in your next post tell me why.
4)Scum reads here and now with reasons. No exceptions.

unvote, vote: quinster
. I will also be voting for the next person who uses the noob card as a defense. Spawning a new strategy: lynch all noobs.But in all seriousness, it's really getting a tad bit ridiculous.
The epic hydra combination that never should have happened.
CooLskins
CooLskins
Goon
CooLskins
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 2:19 am

Post by CooLskins »

Sorry for any confusion in me saying "kalc" when I meant Kalofer. Man, Quin's looking scummier by the moment. What I find scummy about him, however, is not the rolefishing. I view rolefishing to be a weak tell at best. What I don't like about him is that he totally crapped his pants after only one vote. As soon as he was caught, he instantly got defensive and somewhat scared. That's scum behaviour, plain and simple.

Also,
FoS: Spreme Overlord
. Asking meaningless questions about other people and yet not taking a firm stand on anything or voting is textbook diplomatic scum.
CooLskins
CooLskins
Goon
CooLskins
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 2:23 am

Post by CooLskins »

Oh, sorry. Overlord
did
vote for Kal back with his first post. However, his remaining posts have been spent asking weak questions directed at Kal and others that don't have any weight behind them.

PS: In case you're confused, the first post was made by CooLDoG, the last two were made by Bub.
Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 3:28 am

Post by Kalofer »

SleepyKrew wrote:Kool is SCREAMING newbtown to me. Can votes go back on Kalofer now?

So the guy who quietly joined two of the most populated wagons in the game (first elfen and then me), with very bad reasons behind them (particularly my wagon where he could have just said: "because I agree with everyone else", which I would have accepted) is newbtown while the guy who makes a small contradiction during the RVS is newbscum?

Is that deal you offered still on, SK?
Praemonitus, Praemunitus.

Trying to perfect the art of not giving a ****
Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 3:29 am

Post by Kalofer »

SleepyKrew wrote:
As for reasoning on newbtown... He's not being defensive. At all. He's accepting and admitting that he needs to try harder. Scum wouldve been defensive. Now, that kills your case on me, doesn't it?

acceptance and admittance are a form of defense

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 3:37 am

Post by Kalofer »

Panzerjager wrote:I think they two scummiest people here are Kal and Sleepy to be honest with you. Elfen is confirmed town. I think Kool is confirmed scum but at this point I think we can save him for the second lynch if we catch his buddy.

Sleepy seems to be defending Kool(could be his buddy), while Kal is obviously distancing. Not sure which side i want to pick in the end, but I do want a claim

I'm distancing orrrrrr I'm town and voting for someone who I think is scum, why are you preferring the former over the latter?
As to the claim I'm a VT.

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 3:41 am

Post by Kalofer »

Cool, quinnster says he finds kool to be town because he thought he was breadcrumbing

Quinnster
Quinnster
Goon
Quinnster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 4:02 am

Post by Quinnster »

CooLskins wrote:
@quinnster,
1)do you or do you not have a case on kool being town? If yes, you had better have it in your next fucking post.
2) can you or can you not defend yourself without using the noob card? And in your next post do it.
3)Why should we believe you? If yes, in your next post tell me why.
4)Scum reads here and now with reasons. No exceptions.

unvote, vote: quinster
. I will also be voting for the next person who uses the noob card as a defense. Spawning a new strategy: lynch all noobs.But in all seriousness, it's really getting a tad bit ridiculous.

1) I do not. It was only my stupid view of him breadcrumbing.
2) I cannot. I've been playing for a while. I should know better. I was easily able to handle two games, but now something's happening IRL that's clearly making me not think straight. I am not going to pull out the newb card, because I should not need it, and I won't hide behind it.
3) I didn't really leave myself a lot of room to be believed, here, did I? I should hope you can see that it would be a shitty move if I was mafia, and it would be a shitty move if I was town. I'm not trying to play WIFOM, but trying to show that it was a shitty move in general.
4)
Espeonage
- In ISO #s 8 and 9, being sure that elfen is town so early, in ISO #14, telling everyone else to completely stop looking at elfen, ISO #19 voting for Kalofer while saying he's not his "favourite choice" seems like distancing, in ISO #28 confirming three more town without any sort of doubt whatsoever.

I'm going to see how today goes, but if I can't think clearer and more logically, I'll look for a replacement. I don't want to hinder the town by acting so anti-town and reckless.
Kalofer
- following espeonage for lack of something better to do, inability to think for himself outside of espeonage's posts in his early game.
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 5:11 am

Post by LordChronos »

Kalofer wrote:
Panzerjager wrote:I think they two scummiest people here are Kal and Sleepy to be honest with you. Elfen is confirmed town. I think Kool is confirmed scum but at this point I think we can save him for the second lynch if we catch his buddy.

I'm distancing orrrrrr I'm town and voting for someone who I think is scum, why are you preferring the former over the latter?
As to the claim I'm a VT.

Why the hell did you claim at L-3?

@All

Is anyone else confused about why you would see something you think is someone bread crumbing and then call attention to it as town, especially if that player is not the leading wagon?

I'd be happy with either Quinn or Kal as a lynch today. Kool can wait til we lynch Quinn.
I'm a talking computer.
Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 5:16 am

Post by Kalofer »

why would it matter whether I claim at L-1, 2, 3 or whatever?

Quinnster
Quinnster
Goon
Quinnster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 5:17 am

Post by Quinnster »

That is what I'm trying to say. The move was not pro-town or pro-mafia, it was anti-game due to its complete stupidity. I've explained my error, how it happened, and why it happened. If I get lynched today, I'm willing to accept that as a matter of course, and don't blame anyone for suspecting me. I've provided my reads (albeit briefly), and urge people to examine my posts before the giant dumb one. I've been acting pro-town all game, and for some reason unbeknownst to me did the dumbest thing possible. I currently feel like someone I don't even know posted that, because rationally I know there's absolutely no possible positive outcome from it.
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 6:02 am

Post by LordChronos »

Kalofer wrote:why would it matter whether I claim at L-1, 2, 3 or whatever?

Because if you are town you are making it easier for the scum to kill any power roles by claiming earlier than you have to.
I'm a talking computer.
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 6:03 am

Post by LordChronos »

As a general rule, unless you have to claim to share some kind of information from a night action, don't claim until someone off the wagon who is willing to hammer asks you to.
I'm a talking computer.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 7:21 am

Post by PJ. »

Early claim reeks of summiness. I'd be willing to bet the scum team is Kalofer, Quinnster, and Kool at this point.

@Coolskins: Because in the case of a newb scum, I tend to let him linger. I'll explain my reasonings later.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 9:30 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

@Kalofer
Accepting and admitting is defensive, you say? Defensiveness is scummy, you say? Well, I'm not out to change your opinions, just to get scum (like you) killed! If we don't do it today, then I'll do it tonight!
To be clear: quack
Elfen
Elfen
Goon
Elfen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 9:36 am

Post by Elfen »

SleepyKrew wrote:@Kalofer
Accepting and admitting is defensive, you say? Defensiveness is scummy, you say? Well, I'm not out to change your opinions, just to get scum (like you) killed! If we don't do it today, then I'll do it tonight!

Huh wait you mean tonight as in today night or in game night
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 9:48 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

I meant tonight as in past sundown, because I think we'll get enough people on the wagon by then.
Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 10:16 am

Post by Kalofer »

I never said defensiveness is scummy by itself, though I believe many people here think so. I was just pointing out that admittance and acceptance can be a type of defense, what I find most scummy about kool is his need to excuse his vote and how he sneakily joined the two biggest wagons.
Btw you didn't answer my question, is the deal still on?

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 10:41 am

Post by PJ. »

SleepyKrew wrote:@Kalofer

Whoa, This is either a vig breadcrumb or a mafia slip up. Maybe an SK?

@Kal, what deal?

dude, my brain is on scum overload?
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 11:00 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

Kalofer, thanks, I knew I was forgetting something. No, it's not on. I wasn't thinking when I offered that. Allowing myself to be lynched, and not scumhunting at all, is anti-town. Especially if I'm somehow wrong and you turn up town.
Panzer, it means what I said it means.
Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 11:25 am

Post by Midnight's Sorrow »

Vote Count D-1 #8

(4) Kalofer- Supreme Overlord, SleepyKrew, LordChronos, The Kool

(2) The Kool- Kalofer, cloudocean

(1) Espeonage- Quinnster

(1) SleepyKrew- charter

(3) Quinnster- Espeonage, Panzerjager, CooLskins

(2) Not voting- WingDamage9001, Elfen

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline is June 3rd, Midnight Central.

... Still finding a replacement for
WingDamage9001
W/L/O
T: 8/6/1
S: 1/4/0
O: 0/2/0
Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 11:56 am

Post by Kalofer »

SleepyKrew wrote:Kalofer, thanks, I knew I was forgetting something. No, it's not on. I wasn't thinking when I offered that. Allowing myself to be lynched, and not scumhunting at all, is anti-town. Especially if I'm somehow wrong and you turn up town.
Panzer, it means what I said it means.

Wow, where'd the sudden doubt come from?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”