Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 12:04 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Official Vote Count

Players needed to lynch: 11

Amrun
- 5 - DietyKabuto, elvis_knits, GreyICE, RedCoyote, Vi - (L-6)
DietyKabuto
- 1 - Amrun - (L-10)
Drunken Unicorn Master
- 5 - RayFrost, InHimshallibe, Maxous, ToastyToast, Bastard Bros - (L-6)
elvis_knits
- 2 - Gammagooey, AlmasterGM - (L-9)
GreyICE
- 2 - Juls, C-Worl - (L-9)
Iecerint
- 1 - Magister Ludi - (L-10)
Magister Ludi
- 2 - Iecerint, Drunken Unicorn Master - (L-9)
ToastyToast
- 1 - Katsuki - (L-10)

Players not voting: mykonian

If you don't finish your read before then there will be choking and murders and death.

That's all! :)
Last edited by SpyreX on Thu May 26, 2011 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 2:30 pm

Post by Juls »

Gammagooey wrote:If you don't finish your read before then there will be choking and murders and death.

That's all! :)

I'll hold you to this!
-------------------------------------
Juls
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 4:06 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

Icereint

1. I still have no real feeling he is pushing hard on anyone in this game. His voting for me is tepid at best, consisting mainly of one incident he considers important.

2. He hasn't made it clear what his views on any other players in this game are besides a short 'I'd rather lynch ek over amrun'.

3.Besides doing those actions I consider more scum sided than towm sided, he hasn't been doing much-- if anything-- in the way of town motivated dealings. A natural curiosity and inquisition is missing form his posts. They feel very survivalistic. (its hard to pinpoint exactly what this look like, but his whole iso taken together gives me this feeling)

-----

I have no idea how e_K has a solid town read on Iecerint either. Could you explain what you see there that I might of missed?

The DUM and Amrun wagons are interesting, and I both are more than likely on town. I especially don't know how Amrun is even contemplated about being run up to a lynch.

If I had a second or third choice, I would join a toasty wagon should it appear or inhim. toasty's case on DUM is weak, and his weird push on katsuki doesn't sit right with me either.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 5:17 pm

Post by Iecerint »

One incident is all it takes. I think I'd have to discover something really incredible to want to lynch anyone else.

I'll give this game a readthrough tomorrow afternoon, though. I owe the rest of you some attention, too.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 6:24 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

^^That reminds me. Unicorn, is there any reason u are voting Ludi over your two suspects?
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 7:57 pm

Post by mykonian »

inHimshallibe wrote:myko raises a good point about Ray (and possibly Toasty) being on the DUM wagon. Maxous and Bastard Bros are fine, though.

If you keep having reads like these, how am I believe you are town?

Same goes for Elvis btw. It is as if you are reading a different game.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 9:33 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

mykonian 472 wrote:I must say, I missed it. But yeah, if you check RC's long posts, he is quite the nice understanding guy.

Having read him a second time, yeah, I would support it.

This "nice and understanding" bit is not meant to be a compliment, I'm sure, but I'm the best townie in this game. You need to change your tune.

---

Max 477 wrote:What happened here?

I feel like you're constantly catching good little slips from people. After rereading mykonian's explanation in post 478, I feel like there was just a misunderstanding in the way he worded it, but I saw what you saw the first time around.

---

Kat 483 wrote:LOL WHAT
I'M LYING BECAUSE I'M NOT THE SAME SICK YOU ARE???!?!?
YOU KNOW JACK SHIT ABOUT HOW I FEEL

You need to cool it, Kat.

Kat 484 wrote:RC is doing exactly what he does as scum: Post a lot of words filled with fluff.

You really need to say DUM (or some variation), btw. Reaper refuses to quit posting with his account in this thread.

---

elvis 487 wrote:Amrun, if you had to vote somebody else who had a chance of dying today, who would it be? And if it's me, can you tell me who your third choice is?

This. This is what I wanted from Amrun all along. Juls warned us to be easy on pushing people for not giving reads, but I don't think we're being fierce enough. If players like Amrun, Kat, Iec, DK, C-Worl, DUM, and maybe others, are allowed to float on by with one or two reads, this game is going to suffer. Even BB, who's made, like, 3 or 4 posts this game, has arguably given us more about the overall game with those posts than these players have.

All of these players need to be held accountable. These aren't just "lurkers", "less experienced" players, or whatever cop out reason Vi is going to try and give me for calling them out, they're delibrately not giving input on the majority of what's going on in this game. I don't except, like, some gigantic wall or anything, I just want to know, like, who does C-Worl think should duel right now? Who is Iec's biggest town read? What's DK's feelings on Juls' plan... etc etc. Not just these specific questions, but you get my point. Until then, these are the players I'm going to focus on for lynching/dueling.

---

Vi 490 wrote:GreyICE currently under radar.

I dispute this. He just told us that he'd vote to kill both players in a duel between Gamma and elvis. I think that's pretty controversial (but not necessarily scummy). I'm sure others feel differently, and I'm surprised no one has really ran with that.

---

AGM 495 wrote:Good, the plan is almost perfect. The problem is still this: as soon as it becomes clear we have zeroed in on a target and are sitting down to hammer out the details, the target is probably going to try and screw things up (either because they are scum or a VI). Fortunately, we can combat this - all we need to do is make it slightly more unpredictable, which will keep scum from pulling the trigger prematurely because they won't want to confirm themselves as scum on the off-chance they won't die. We do this by changing "townie" to "townies" and "target" to "targets" and let the townies choose a target.

This is effectively what we're doing now anyways. Gamma has laid out some stable ground rules in regards to how he wants to duel. I think they fit well and I will probably mimic them if I ever decide to try and duel.

AGM 495 wrote:...Wait ... what's that, you say? That was AGM's plan to begin with? Why yes...yes it was. How convinent.

Uh, no, pocket monster. You suggested that one person should duel whenever they felt like they had a solid scumread. That's still wrong. Gamma is being "elected", more or less, because no one can top the duel power he has under the given circumstances. The next dueler will not be some random warmonger like you'd want, the next dueler will also be selected by the town at large.

AGM 496 wrote:Can you give us one of those scum-o-meters you do? Because right now I have no idea who your suspects or anything are, and I don't feel like parsing through giant walls.

You don't have to, I gave you the tl;drs.

But, since you asked, I'd be more than happy to oblige you. Normally I don't do them when the game is still so large because my reads will likely change by the time D2 rolls around. Nevertheless, I'll never refuse a request of anyone to hear more about my reads, so I'll make an extra big one just for you.

[
Town
]--Juls--Gamma-inHim--Max-Vi-elvis----AGM-mykonian-Grey--ML-Kat-DUM-DK[
]-BB-RF----Toast-Iec-CWorl-Amrun-----------[
Scum
]

---

ML 502 wrote:I have no idea how e_K has a solid town read on Iecerint either. Could you explain what you see there that I might of missed?

The DUM and Amrun wagons are interesting, and I both are more than likely on town. I especially don't know how Amrun is even contemplated about being run up to a lynch.

If I had a second or third choice, I would join a toasty wagon should it appear or inhim. toasty's case on DUM is weak, and his weird push on katsuki doesn't sit right with me either.

This is good. Why can't all our players at least do something like this? See, this gives us something to work off of. I have clear disagreements with you here, but at least I know where you stand.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 10:57 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Unvote, Vote: Iecerint

Actively avoiding the provision of information and instead focusing singularly upon
one lone "slip"
and only deciding to provide reads/content after 20 pages and people start suspecting him for it = scum.
don't you feel silly now?
DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 11:18 pm

Post by DeityKabuto »

Interesting, Red Coyote. I was getting sort of a town feeling from Amrun, even though he is playing bad, I commend him for actually trying. Either:

1) You are trying to put pressure on Amrun as a scum.

2) You do not tolerate bad play, and you define that as scummy.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 11:24 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Good, then there you go. Man up and say it, DK. Call me scum. You'd be in good company with Vi, possibly mykonian, and possibly others. At least then we could get you more into this game than you are already. Who else do you think is scum? Are there more scum pushing the Amrun wagon? Are they hanging back? Please, continue.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 11:36 pm

Post by Vi »

AlmasterGM 495... Error. Socratic response in regards to GreyICE does not answer original objection. Obstinance for sake of obstinance detected. Sarcastic gratitude issued.

Iecerint 503... Post reads as hollow. Expectation is that a Townie with a slip would crusade with it and/or not fail to provide outside reads regardless.

RedCoyote 506...
*Post makeup appears to be 70% whining.
*In regards to GreyICE - Contradiction. GreyICE not under radar && nobody running with {apparently scummy thing GreyICE said}.

RedCoyote 509... Error. DeityKabuto did not call RedCoyote scum. DeityKabuto 508 analyzed as {completely, meaninglessly} inconclusive in regards to RedCoyote.

Preparing to stand by.

Permission to lock vote on Amrun during standby... granted. Proposition that Amrun has "given up" issued.
Post-duel vote tentatively set to Iecerint.
Re-evaluation of reads scheduled for end of standby period.

Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 11:56 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

You don't think that's what he was angling towards, Viystem?

The way I read that is that he says he thinks Amrun is town and that I'm either pressuring her because I think she's scum or "punishing" her for bad play (which sounds similar to point you made on BB I think it was).

I mean, if he's not trying to say I'm scum, then that post seems completely useless.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2011 12:06 am

Post by Amrun »

Because I can't post every five seconds, I've given up, Vi? Jesus. I posted several times yesterday. Not sure what you want from me. Your pushes against have been strange and though I understand a coule of them, several of them, such as this one, really set off alarm bells in my mind.

I haven't been able to do the re-read I want, but I'll get around to it when I do. I still read everything that is posted.

Deity Kabuto
Elvis_Knits
Toasty (strange pushes, esp on Katsuki)
Vi
Inhim
Iecrint
RedCoyote
Magistar Ludi
AGM
GreyICE
RayFrost
Maxous
Mykonian
Juls

Scum->Town

It is 7am and this is all I have time for right now. I have been busy starting a family business and apparently I'm the only one who can do paperwork. This is our first retail weekend and it's a holiday, so I have 0 idea how much time I'll have. My goal for the weekend is to re-read this game. Effectively V/LA but I am not sure of my level of access.

P-edit: All/most of DK's posts have been useful and timidly non-confrontational. Scum tend to be that way.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2011 12:07 am

Post by Amrun »

EBWOP: *unuseful
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2011 12:33 am

Post by Vi »

RedCoyote 511... Last sentence identified as correct. Conditional registers as false. Playback with annotations:
DeityKabuto 508 wrote:Interesting, Red Coyote.
(alignment neutral)
I was getting sort of a town feeling from Amrun, even though he is playing bad, I commend him for actually trying. Either:

1) You are trying to put pressure on Amrun as a
[someone you think is]
scum.
(originally ambiguous; now presumes Town)

2) You do not tolerate bad play, and you define that as scummy.
(ambiguous, possibly presumes scum but more fits alignment neutral)
No effort detected to determine which is true.

Amrun 512... Previous conclusion regarding "giving up" based on viewing many posts in Mafia Discussion relative to here.

System... Seed of DeityKabuto suspicion planted.

System... Future course of action unsure. Re-evaluation not scheduled until after standby -> after Gammagooey duel. Preference currently set to Gammagooey -> Amrun given {elvis_knits, Amrun, Drunken Unicorn Master}. Game state necessitates death for further progress. Amrun deemed satisfactory casualty. Deja vu anomaly noted. Ill omen sighted? ViBot daytime lifespan predicted to be shorter than anticipated...? Likelihood low, however etc.

Processing... Please hold. Possibility of postponing standby reasonable.

Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2011 12:33 am

Post by DeityKabuto »

RedCoyote wrote:You don't think that's what he was angling towards, Viystem?

The way I read that is that he says he thinks Amrun is town and that I'm either pressuring her because I think she's scum or "punishing" her for bad play (which sounds similar to point you made on BB I think it was).

I mean, if he's not trying to say I'm scum, then that post seems completely useless.

I just find it quite suspicious, it's a bit too early in the game to make final judgments.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2011 12:35 am

Post by Vi »

System... Instantaneous vindication of previous post welcomed.

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2011 1:02 am

Post by Amrun »

Oops, I left people out of my list somehow. Tiredposting strikes again. DUM should go after Vi. Katsuki should go after RedCoyote.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2011 1:08 am

Post by Vi »

Amrun 517... Error. 14 people counted in original list. 2 added. 3 remaining to be added, not including Amrun.

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2011 1:10 am

Post by Vi »

Vi wrote:...

Amrun 517... Error. 14 people counted in original list. 2 added. 3 remaining to be added, not including Amrun.

Clarification... Missing subjects identified as {Gammagooey, C-Worl, B4574rD Br05}.

Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2011 1:23 am

Post by Juls »

Mod: I voted Katsuki here.
-------------------------------------
Juls
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2011 2:14 am

Post by Amrun »

Oh, jeezus. That's what I get for posting in a sleepy haze.

I'll post a new list later that doesn't suck, but for now:

Gamma: town
C-worl: null leaning town
Bastard: Null
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2011 2:31 am

Post by Vi »

Reviewing candidates for extermination.

Subject Katsuki...
*Experience: Y
*Lynchability: Y
*Outstanding traits: Lurky, readless
*Impression: No concrete reason to consider Town. Number of people willing to lynch Katsuki somewhat high, causing mild Town read reaction. Only person who seems to understand ViBot restriction - mild Town read, mild blind spot.
*Read: Town lv. 0.5

Subject Iecerint...
*Lynchability: ~N
*Outstanding traits: Analytical(?)
*Impression: All proverbial eggs in Magister Ludi basket. Basket unraveled. Lack of reads evident, albeit overstated. Waffling on {Amrun, elvis_knits}.
*Read: Scum lv. 1?

Subject inHimshallibe...
*Experience: ~Y (doesn't act part)
*Lynchability: ~
*Outstanding traits: RICHARD NIXON; can make scummy moves with impunity
*Impression: Play weak; comprised of "gotcha"s. Significant proponent of Drunken Unicorn Master extermination. Significant nonproponent of Amrun extermination.
*Read: Scum lv. 1

Subject Gammagooey...
*Lynchability: N
*Outstanding traits: Whimsical
*Impression: Play completely unlike expectation. Lurking perhaps explained by wanting objective opinion for impending duel.
*Read: N/A

Subject Juls...
*Outstanding traits: Play is more or less like what is seen here
*Impression: No concrete reason to call Town. No concrete reason to call scum. Play not objectionable; however conformity to meta suggests Town. Personal Towntell detected.
*Read: Town lv. 2

Subject AlmasterGM...
*Outstanding traits: Prefers scum? Not CAPS LAWK but similar.
*Impression: Play sufficiently resembles expectation. Reversal on GreyICE questionable.
*Read: Apathetic. Will become more relevant later.

Subject Magister Ludi...
*Experience: ?
*Lynchability: ~Y (evident)
*Outstanding traits: ?
*Impression: Bad vote early(?). "Slip" etc. Suggested existence of scum mechanic to balance duel based on other alt. mechanic games; out of place. Token Amrun defense.
*Read: Scum lv. 0.5.

Subject Drunken Unicorn Master...
*Outstanding traits: Notorious for badposts and trolling respectively.
*Impression: inHim noted CSL's "emotion" in CSL #2; however given that it's CSL it's not unexpected. With no knowledge of ReaperCharlie's ingame meta, no outstanding complaints. Targeted by a conspicuous number of people regardless.
*Read: Apathetic; probably Town.

Subject mykonian...
*Lynchability: ~Y
*Outstanding traits: Easy target for vagueposts; infrequent posts
*Impression: Play is completely unlike existing meta for excellent reason. No further consideration given.
*Read: Town lv. 2.5

Subject B4574rD Br05...
*Experience: ~N
*Lynchability: Y, probably
*Impression: Read dependent on experience. Newb: probTown. Experienced: Fluffyscum.
*Read: Town lv. 1; subject to change

Subject Maxous...
*Experience: ~Y, evidently
*Lynchability: ?
*Impression: Posts indicate competence. Alignment unable to be parsed.
*Read: Null; apathetic

Subject ToastyToast...
*Experience: ~N
*Outstanding traits: Tries hard
*Impression: Posts, theories deemed "bad". Previously mentioned commentary (ToastyToast #11) probably not fake.
*Read: Town lv. 1

Subject DeityKabuto...
*Experience: ~N?
*Lynchability: Y, evidently
*Outstanding traits: History of being full-on VI
*Impression: Uselessness of posts belie projection of competence. Reversal of read on Amrun noted; vote has not moved and no other suspects given.
*Read: Scum lv. 0.5; not someone desired lategame anyway.

Subject GreyICE...
*Outstanding traits: Not Screaming Death but close to boundary; reminiscent of a very rude 2008 Vi
*Impression: Entrance to game very weak. Involvement in game particularly unlike previous game within which GreyICE was Town.

Subject RayFrost...
*Outstanding traits: Analytical. Lurky. Generally reads opposite of alignment?
*Impression: Early play Townish. Town read questioning prob. not indicative of alignment. Attempts to scumhunt previously described as lazy; reread confirms this.
*Read: Scum lv. 0.5; surprise not predicted if wrong here and RayFrost is just bad at scumhunting

Subject C-worl...
*Experience: ~
*Lynchability: ~Y
*Outstanding traits: Previously blamed for ruining entire games for Town
*Impression: Previous Town read upheld. Other posts not great but not overtly bad. Mass suspicion suggests slight Town read.
*Read: Town lv. 0.5ish

Subject Amrun...
*Lynchability: ?
*Outstanding traits: Evidently quite competent
*Impression: Posts primarily defensive, hypocritical, attacking DeityKabuto. Effort (and AtE) noted, however.

Subject RedCoyote...
*Outstanding traits: Unfortunately, smarmy regardless of alignment
*Impression: Posts are primarily fluff. Attempts to be reasonable sporadic but do exist. Knows how to avoid getting lynched.
*Read: Scum lv. 1; highly recommended to remove - dangerous as scum, not so as Town

Subject elvis_knits...
*Experience: ~Y
*Outstanding traits: Likes killing people
*Impression: Reads described as "abrupt". Beyond theory, not much of worth to point out. Desire to lose duel to Gammagooey perplexing from any point of view.
*Read: Scum lv. 0.5

System... All Town reads ineligible for extermination Today. All scum reads eligible. Request made to "just kill someone already".

Standing by.

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2011 2:36 am

Post by Vi »

Vi 522 re: RayFrost wrote:*Outstanding traits: Analytical.
Lurky.
Generally reads opposite of alignment?

C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2011 4:08 am

Post by C-Worl »

I challenge anyone to find a game that I actually ruined for town bc I'm 3-4 as Town and I know at least 2 of those losses weren't my fault.
Show
... Even when C-worl is providing no content, C-worl is providing no content. Feat considered impressive. ...

Pleasedont reiterate things I've already said. I know the things I already said. In fact, I'm the one that said them

I'm sure that makes sense in some way I'm not seeing.... but I'm not seeing how that makes any sense.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”